Could a Elder Scrolls movie adaption work?

Could a Elder Scrolls movie adaption work? Or would talking Lizards and cats turn the normie market away?

>no helmet

so that guy died immediately right?

Probably not quite widely known enough, Warcraft is bigger and there were still questions when they said it would be a movie.

It would be like the Warcraft movie, not enough lore to be accurate, too much (unexplained) lore to appeal to non fans

Which game OP? Skyrim would just be GoT
Elder scrolls is popular I think.

Would much rather see a Warhammer movie.

the lore is far too derivative as it stands but it is possible to extract the few original ideas they have and make something just titled the elder scrolls, because otherwise it would just be a blatant cauldron of all the works that inspired it and might be a little heartless, even though that doesn't stop anyone in this day and age.

>muh lindybeige realism complaints that are interesting and thought out and not at all obnoxious or boring

>General actually going into battle
calm down Gladiator

of course it could, I dont see the problem with videogame movies. Just have the general story play in that universe, dont get autistic about following some specific book or fanfic

Please let this never happen

A tv show would work better, too much history and magic to explain in a mere movie
I'd rather see a Bloodborne tv show anyways

>showtime original series

How do you portray chim?

Assuming it was done by a competent director, you wouldn't want a Horus Heresy movie, for instance?

Cast him

This would be awesome there is a shit ton of lore to pull from, so we could get a few different storylines going at once. There is also a massive time line so many seasons could be had.

Only prequel stories would work for RPG adaptations.

You can center it on Ulfric and end it right before the intro to the game.

>thinking Elder Scrolls is just Skyrim
Nigga I want to see the Ra Gada invasion or a Wild Hunt.

what do you mean? skyrim is the first one, they might make skyrim 2 later.

Literally Idris Elba

>Wild Hunt

Too much carnage for normies

>thinking modern day hollywood would adapt a story were blacks go around committing genocide to other races so they can steal their land.

The Redguard invasion would depict blacks in a negative light so it would never happen.

It would be really difficult, but you could adapt it into a television series. The problem is that it would be expensive as Hell to do it correctly and there are probably a lot of other concepts out there that could be developed that are less-risk/more-reward style propositions.

They should do the big war between the Empire and Thalmor where all of Hammerfell was able to repel a mer invasion

Because it could show the Redguard as true KANGZ

>it's a CHIM episode

No because high fantasy is a dead meme.

yes but only if they feature brit, nords and redguards battling it out in the first film to establish revots, world, lore and empire.

Second film should feature orcs and dummer.

Cast 'em

Nerevarine:

Caius Cosades:

Dagoth Ur:

Vivec:

Azura:

Divayth Fyr:

Bethesda will probably milk the very last out of that franchise that they can so movie no, even they're not that stupid but a Netflix tv series will probably be on the cards after the witches tried it, fallout could probably work as a movie but elder scrolls has too much lore and normies would not attend

Kek

Not this guy but no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't stand to watch Space Marines doing their stuffs for an entire movie. I might be in the minority but I think they are just the blandest guys to sympathize with as well as being aesthetically too ridiculous to think them seriously.
If a WH40k movie should be made, I'd rather have be about solely about guardsmen or an inquisition team.

Only of Dadaario plays Lifts-Her-Tail.

I want a space action-adventure from Eldar perspective

No. It's not Elder Scrolls without the lore books that send you down a rabbit hole of metaphysics. Movie audiences are too dumb for that so it would just be generic Tolkien fantasy.

You gotta find an old dude who still look good shirtless for Caius.

Stephen Lang

>not the tau

If they don't have Cokebride advising it it'd be irrelevant anyways

Bethesda has been approached by movie studios about this already and they've declined.

why are people still under the illusion that adaptations will be good in the current period? they're not made by a fanboy of the source material. the director will not be a fan of the source, the screenplay writer will not be a fan of the source, the cinematographer will not, the guy who makes the score, straight down the line. it will be made for the purpose of making as much money as possible for its short theater run, and that will be its sole purpose

Why? It has shit lore and forgettable history

Link one piece of interesting "metaphysics" from ES lore

dont do video game movies

From what I've heard Morrowind is very self aware and almost parody in terms of prophecies or something. It could be fun. Or am I mistaken?

Pseudo-Buddhist interpretation of universe (everyone is an actor in a play or figment of a dream of the godhead)
Dagoth ur dreaming himself into being
Vivec reaching nirvana/CHIM

a Skyrim tv series would work

>Skyrim has nords as the major population, which means less budget on cgi populace, more budget on dragons
>Story is pretty fucking simple
>can go three different ways (Civil War, Dawn Guard (kate as Serana ofc, Dragonborn)

It's kind of unique in western stor telling in that it's baed on the story of Muhammad. Kind of similar to dune in that way.