I hated BvS and Suicide Squad, but I still don't understand why critics panned this film

I hated BvS and Suicide Squad, but I still don't understand why critics panned this film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mostly because muh paragon of heroism isn't supposed to kill people.

This. Superman's charm comes from him being a complete and utter boyscout.

That still isn't a sound critique of the film. People directly and indirectly die in cape films by heroes all the time.

Name one instance in a Superman movie where he deliberately kills someone before BvS

Zod in MoS

people on televison/film forums are always up thier own ass. don't be surprised by the people who are active in this forums come off as living in a bubble.

That wasn't a problem. The first hour of the movie was just boring as shit

its boring

Before Snyder's garbagefests, then.

Zod in Superman 2.

I feel the same user I enjoyed MoS but BvS was not garbage. Suicide squad was aspiring to be garbage.

the best thing about this movie was the first half of this trailer youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY or the first trailer

then it became a boring old superhero movie.

Hot garbage.... fucking phone

It wasn't panned, over half gave it positive reviews.

The best films are rarely widely enjoyed by the masses. No, they are controversial by virtue of being bold, original and having something real to say about life.

MoS may be the worst comic book movie of the last decade. They took a steaming shit all over the character.

Superman II

dumbass

no one believes you are a superman comic book fan

Great movie and only Snyder DCEU movie that didnt suffer from massive studio interference or changes due to how audiences reacted to the previous films

anyway, loved it, yes I was surprised at the mixed-to-negative recpetion

man of steel is one of the best cape shits ever the whole movie is done right people just went on the hate band wagon and could not accept it. he didnt kill him because he wanted to you fucks are aweful

STOP

ONE reason i know why people didnt want to like it was because during production , a lot of the employees got fucked over AND because of that, all the virtue signaling faggots decided to hate on Man of Steel film.

great alien sci fi
dog shit superman movie

I mean, personally I didn't mind Superman killing. He did so before. The execution could have been better, with the whole idiotic family, and maybe a bit more build up to Superman's qualms about killing Zod before the thing, but it was fine. Not the biggest problem of the movie.

But that being said, in the general view, Superman isn't like other superheroes. Which I know is weird, since he is "The" Superhero, but he's always seen as the level beyond a Superhero. Characters like Tony Stark, or Captain America, basically any popular super hero that had movies out recently that aren't straight up anti-heroes, (with the notable exception of Spider-Man) are more like variations on James Bond and 80s Action Heroes when it comes to the public eye. Sure, they can do superhuman things, but they're held to those standards. James Bond and Action Heroes are expected to blow stuff up, even if it goes against their morality, because it's just what they do.
Superman as far as the general public is concerned is well beyond that.

the ending of the film is pretty bloated. (Didn't need to be superman fighting world engine then fighting Zod)
that being said its significantly better than most Neo-Superhero Flicks.
Critics are completely tasteless and never studied cinema on any serious level

Why do liberals hate Zack Snyder?

best snyder movie: Watchmen
second best snyder movie: 300

read

or I guess those are his only watchable movies

>I still don't understand why critics panned this film.
They didn't. It was mixed, it's probably one of the most polarizing movies to exist.

just imagine all the subliminal redpills that were gonna be in Justice League. then they kill his daughter and hire Reddit Whedon to remove them all