Tell me, why is it so damn impossible to get a job no matter what it is?

Tell me, why is it so damn impossible to get a job no matter what it is?

People leave education with good qualifications, and they still struggle to escape the clutches of the unemployment line.

So as someone who just wants to be a genuine citizen in life, how are people supposed to get legitimate work and pay in this day of age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vIX6u6qHTK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm 39 years years old. So Ive lived in the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s... and this famine of jobs today is the most insane thing I've ever seen. That's the reason I'm voting for Trump.

>how are people supposed to get legitimate work and pay in this day of age?
multiple university degrees and 5 years work experience
... to get ripped off anyways

Unfortunately you have to be open to moving cross-country now to find something that's not particularly shit-tier.

they just don't want you.

also, thre is little optomism in the economy. this has multiple parts. alot of people realize that robots can do their jobs. alot of it is that obama ghave a 6 trillion dollar loan to wall street and everyone knows a collapse is coming. not that obamas 2 terms weren't the modern depression. but hey, our deficit is better. because our money is fucking worthless.

you faggots are so dumb.

I think we're heading towards a point where there just aren't going to be enough jobs available for everybody in developed western countries.

The jobs that will remain available are going to be those that require specific technical skills or niche knowledge that can't easily/cheaply be found elsewhere. I'm thinking of things like research, engineering, medicine.

And at the end of the day not everyone is going to be interested or capable in gaining the knowledge or skills required for these jobs.

Cuckilism (capitalism) is collapsing.

Soon comrades. Soon.

who decides?

you fucking moron. have you ever killed a fucking bird? but you and your pansy ass comubist buddies are going to kill the elite.

because, you realize, the billionares aren't going to just rol over. you will have to kill their armies and them.

I understood comunism.was.a meme when I was 13.

kill you're self

Oh and another thing, jobs always demand so much experience, or they reject your application at the interview stage because the other applicant had more experience, so how are people supposed to get that when they can't get work?

I'm 18 years old m8 and it took me 2 weeks to find a job out of highschool

If you can't find a job look on Craigslist at least damn

lel literally nothing on there except "modeling" and "background casting" here in my area.

>tfw neet for 6 years
>tfw upgrading to freeter cause Trump

scared lads.

that's always been the case in most of the west since the industrial revolution, it's a question of the ratio hitting a tipping point of people > jobs and what society does to address this issue.

at the end of the day, I love capitalism but unfettered crony capitalism will exploit the people too much and they will collectively rebel.

I don't want that aftermath being a commie shithole

Youre insane.
I get called for job offers twice a week.
With a HS education and some COMPTIA certs.

The west is fucked. Truly in decline.

Look toward Asia. No matter what your qualifications, no matter what language you speak, you can get a decent enough job.

explain please

How the fuck anybody can say there is a job shortage with a straight face is beyond me. They're handing them out like candy.

>mfw I just got my first job at 24, after college and some other courses
> i'm going to be a teacher in my grandfathers village
>mfw I'm gonna redpill the kids and no liberal degenerate can say or do anything about it.
>mfw doing Gods work lads.

Can't find a job with your civil engineering degree? A firm in Asia will hire you to train their engineers to do work in the west.

Can't find a job with your architecture degree? A firm in Asia will hire you to train their architects to do work in the west.

This formula can be applied to pretty much every degree out there. Asians give a lot of clout to someone having lived in the west and love to hire people to act as "cultural liaisons" for their workers. You essentially soften the blow of culture shock and give them a soft-launch into the work they'll be doing before they ship out to do the work itself.

My town has a 70% unemployment rate

Dis is y i wunna b da entrepreneur >>>:33

>Flood workforce with immigrants from all over the world
>Force businesses to provide various benefits, even stuff they don't need
>Raise min wage so companies lose a huge chunk of revenue on hiring anyone, even for trivial bullshit work

>Wow. Why are wages so low and why is it so hard to get a job?

>neet for several years
>city I live in has one of the highest unemployment rates
>2 years experience in customer support
>no one will hire me
>parents talk shit about me like I'm not even trying
>try to do volunteer work for more experience so I can get a job
>"why don't you just get a job?"

Kill me.

But what Countries are we talking about? Top Tier East Asian ones? Mid Tier or shemale Island Tier?

There are jobs everywhere. Try a newspaper or god forbid the internet. Right now almost the entire country needs semi truck drivers.

>Right now almost the entire country needs semi truck drivers.

Yeah but you gotta have the Training and the License to do that.

The economic power-houses, mostly. I can't speak to South-east Asia (Singapore being the exception), but China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong will all do what I'm talking about. Vietnam is really on an economic upswing so you could probably land yourself a job there as well.

Indonesia and Malaysia might be viable options in a few years also.

Can I do this with biology research?

Interesting. Thanks for the information

Because being educated doesn't give you value to an employer. Having useful skills does and these aren't the same thing, when you're fresh out of education you're basically useless you don't have any real world skills to speak of, you probably need at least 2-3 years in a work environment to understand workplace politics and prove you can get on with people.

The biggest problem that educated young kids have today is they believe they deserve a job and a good paying job, they need to re-adjust their expectations, find lower paid work at the bottom of the corporate ladder and work up it proving yourself as you go.

Reluctance to take on entry level work in your field just shoots you in the foot, the only people hired straight out of uni are those in the top few percent who are exceptional at what they do.

I'd imagine so. Don't expect to be on a Chinese research team doing actual research, they don't need you for that. Expect to do training and education related to the world of biology research in the west.

>how are people supposed to get legitimate work and pay in this day of age?
deport the 20 million illegals you are competing against.

What? No way, i get job offers left and right like 10 a day each easily double the minimum wage

I'd do physical labour if it existed around here but it doesn't. I'm desperate for a job, and I've even considered the army at this point.

I just want a fucking job ;_;

stop being an idiot

I have a fantastic job, do you know how I got it? I googled around to find what good jobs had persistent shortages and then went into that field

while you stupid goys were playing xbox and working on your psychology degree I was going into a specialized engineering field that needed qualified people badly in my area

just because government highschools are too useless to help stream kids into in-demand fields, doesn't mean you shouldn't have had the foresight to take matters into your own hands

And what qualifications do you have?
What area of the country?

I'm 25 and have had three jobs since I was 20. All of them were through nepotism because I couldn't find work on my own.

Connections matter more than anything. I also studied computer science and know a guy who could barely program a calculator in visual basic who managed to get a top paying job as a developer at some firm because his dad was a friend of the owner.

Leave your town, maybe?

Your a liar

Another liar

Buddy, if you can't find a job in America, you may as well eat a bullet right now. If you're this incredibly incompetent, things will not get better for you.

Another liar.

To be fair in I-T Certs>Degree
A+ and Security+ can land you as cozy entry job

you have no stores in your area? warehouses? no blue-collar work at all? have you ever tried, y'know, typing up a resume and actually handing it out at random to every business in your town?

It's not so easy to move or change your living situation when you don't have any money

Should have gone into teaching. We always need teachers, until technology pushes us out of the classroom. For now, livable wage and Summer's off.

>tfw teacher in the US
>Teaching nogs in the ghetto
>no redpills allowed - lefty propaganda only
>basically a babysitter for violent little convicts-in-training

>mfw I finished college for this

You suck at life.

I've always had a job. I was just never fussy, worked as a cook and moved into finance, studying part time what interests me.

I own my own company. I do well enough to stay afloat. I do see how companies these days are running lean, trying to avoid unnecessary overhead. Competition is high in many fields. Schools also keep pumping out kids into useless fields. Unless you live on the upper east coast there is not a lot out there. Stop being a douche. You may be lucky enough to be living in one of those areas that are experiencing a boom. The reality is the rest of the country is hurting. I travel alot, I see it with my own two eyes. In 10 years I have seen places where the local economy was good become ghost towns. Forgive me, your words mean shit to me.

How did you do it ? I don't know if the process is the same in here but, I'm 22 and I'm still working at my old job and I want to get into finance but I don't know how I'm supposed to do it ?

>on there
in regards to Craigslist "jobs". Stupid leaf.

only 10? i get about 10 per minute... which is why i need to hire multiple assistants to handle the phone calls. not too much of an expense considering i make $25 mil per year (after taxes). which is alright for a 22 year old. hoping to double this salary in the next couple years or so.

there isn't
people are just lazy and want everything to be given to them

>Abolish tariffs
>Raise minimum wage and heap on mandatory benefits for absolutely everyone, from the toilet cleaner to the CEO
>"Why are there no working class jobs anymore?"
>Import a bunch of foreigners that can feed a family off minimum wage
>"Why are there no entry-level jobs anymore?"

Globalists are the reason for this mess.

To get a job, make as many connections as you can in college. You need an insider to have a good chance of getting hired right away.
If you don't have that, start your own company.

People need to learn that it is worth it to leave their home town. I have no sympathy for someone who is too self-pitying to look for a job.

>give me a job

Truly lazy.

>my experiences invalidates everyone elses!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=vIX6u6qHTK4

so much for semi truck jobs

I've been working 2 jobs lately. Just got handed a gig today, turned down one last week for being shady. I got too much work to be done and not enough time to do it.

What are your marketable skills?

Because:

The state has meddled with industries with regulations

Finicial meltdown from having an economy based on government printed currency

Importation of third and second world migrants

Subsided university degress has saturated the market and has increased the skills needed to start work

Rises in taxes

Nothing is going to be fixed, the state of the west will grow slowly worse every year until people snap when we can't afford bread. I hope as many people as possible are claiming as much government welfare as you can to speed up this process.

>I'd do physical labour if it existed around here but it doesn't. I'm desperate for a job, and I've even considered the army at this point.
>I just want a fucking job ;_;
How old are you, what skills do you have?

Even when i was in between uni semesters I didn't have problem finding work in a small rural town in the UK, I simply walked into the towns local agency and said to the woman behind the desk "I'd like a temp job for summer please, I'll do anything" and she handed me a form and I filled it in and the next day I was working in a factory doing 12 hour night shifts (paying no tax as a student) and no outgoing living at home, so actually I had quite a lot of cash in just 6-8 weeks.

If you can't do that in your local town, if you're literally willing to do anything, then you need to move, but 99% of the time that really not true, what people mean when they say they can't find a job is that they can't find one they think pays well, or that meets their standards, mostly because their expectations are out of alignment with reality.

>bases entire local job market on a quick look on craigslist

and i'm the idiot?

>wuahhh I am going to be bitching about how I can not get a job on the internet instead of looking for one
>Wuahhh why won't this store hire me?
>I get it! it must be because niggers and spics! l will blame them and do nothing more than that!
Literally get off your ass and do some research around. You will find a job in 2 or 4 weeks top. It might not be the best one but at least you are making money. Matter of fact, are you looking for one? Come to to TN, We need workers on factories and drivers for it.

consdering there are 66m people in this country of 300m that don't participate in the work force, getting a job is a thing of the past. literally a sixth of the country could be employed but aren't even looking for a job. think about that.

Can I do this with custodial work?

Just started out as an insurance claims handler (started in the uk), became a team leader and then started working managing the more underwriting side of things.

Basicly you just got to start at the bottom, not that I think there's anything wrong with something like claims handling, it was quite interesting; just don't work as a bank teller, actually start out on something with some upward and sideways mobility that isn't just service based.

you know, in america, they don't move people from the bottom up. they always hire the higher ups from outside.

>picking a field merely based on unemployment rate
You're the definition of retarded.

>He thinks we live in a meritocracy
>He thinks straight white males aren't at the bottom of the diversity quota pile

I'm literally fucking LMAOing rn

>why is it so damn impossible to get a job no matter what it is?
It isn't.
Get a fucking skillset you uneducated piece of trash

There are loads of shit jobs.

Lots of competition for jobs that you can work without resorting to suicide.

I couldn't get a job as a dish washer in CA.

Here I'd get hired anywhere I'd apply that doesn't need me to have a degree.

So I make $30 an hour 40-60 hours a week with significantly lower cost of living.

But I have to deal with winter again.

Because in case you forgot the powers that be a re trying to wipe Europeans from the map. The reason there are no job is the tens of millions of non-Europeans and their descendants massively oversupplying the labour market.

Having said that there are loads of shit jobs anyone can do, for now.

Cant get experience without a job, cant get a job without experience.

>you can always get an unpaid internship goyim, who needs food!

Problem is, no matter how good you are, people won't give you a good job to star off, because they struggled with shit tier jobs when they started working and want young people to go through the same, but you don't want to get a shit job because you think you're too good for it.

You say you're unemployed, but I bet you can make burguers. McDonald's is always hiring.

just join the military

Are you a bone head? Think about what you just said. A massive exodus into the cities. Millions and millions. That is unsustainable. People like you make me sick. Instead of fixing the problem, you run away. Make it someone else's. Fuck you.

the best solution is to bring in more immigrants who can stimulate the economy to create more jobs.

Soon on shrink therapy

Studying shit you don't care just to get a job you don't care is a good way to fuck up your life senpai

Mfw when people are like "bro i get mcdonalds interveiws all day??"

He means a job that pays more then $1,200 a month, you know money for bills not just xbox live and mountain dew.

wheres here

Don't be one of those fags that goes to university and upon graduating sits on their arse for years while on unemployment benefits because all the work going is "beneath them" or some shit.

Nine times out of ten, an employer will take somebody less qualified who worked flipping burgers or cleaning toilets for five years over somebody who was "too good for menial labor" yet has a degree, because that first person clearly has a drive and willingness to work and be useful.

At least in my experience.

Law of averages. Keep applying and you'll get an interview eventually, keep going to interviews and you'll get a job eventually.

>be me 3 years ago
>dropped out of uni
>no qualifications
>have worked before but never a full time 9-5 job so my experience isn't even taken into consideration
>decide to go into IT since I know computers
>apply for hundreds, maybe even thousands of jobs over 6 months
>spending 40 hours a week looking for a job
>got 5 interviews in total
>finally managed to land a 1st line IT support job
>work there for 2 years
>no opportunity for a promotion at the company
>decide to look elsewhere
>fuckton of companies fighting to employ me because I have experience
>end up landing a 2nd line support job that pays almost twice as much
>still get recruiters phoning me every other week offering me a job

Perseverance is key and once you have experience you'll be fine. The law of averages is real and if you keep trying it will work out.

Im starting a bachelors for web design and interactive media at the art institute. Its only going to cost me less than 10000 dollars. Should I do it?

I found that in the uk, not as much as here but sideways mobility tends to be important in getting experience in order to move out of your current employment into a better position in another company.

Leave into a higher position but in your current job seek experience sideways. How do you think people get into those top positions?

What's the difference between first and second line? Is it that second line deal with actual issues that can't be solved via turning the computer off and on again?

>web design and interactive media
Why would you want the journalism equivalent of CS?

through family and tight-nit connections...

>"yeah, i got a guy i went to uni with, ill send you his resume."
>"sorry, bud, i know you've been working for me for the last ten years, but you just aren't up to stuff with the promotion. gotta give to my buddy, you know these things go."

>How do you think people get into those top positions?
Nepotism or having a body your boss want's to fuck until they die of a heart attack

I just went 120 days unemployed, and put in 56 different applications. I only interviewed for 3 positions, missed one interview because the email regarding it got put in the spam folder and only had a 24 hour window to reply. Until this time, every job I've ever interviewed for I've gotten.

which makes it so you have to job hop every 2-3 years for that promotion/raise.

A fucking pain in the ass.

What's your pay grade? I'd like to do something like that and I have similar qualifications ie none besides experience in hospitality and labouring

I thought I would be able to work from home if i got it. i might just join the military

That's good advice. only if the local economy is healthy. In the States the Midwest was hollowed out in terms of industry. Forcing people to move to major cities, causing another problem, a city only has X amount of jobs while Y amount of people keep showing up on its door step. this is not sustainable. It is only going to hold up for so long until it pops. It does not take a genius to figure out people are being corralled towards the cities for some reason. Shit like this never ever ends well.

When boomers didn't get a job they asked themselves how they could do better the next time. When entitled millennial faggots don't get a job they whine about how the world is out to get them. I got offered a job 6 months before I even graduated college. Grow the fuck up.

Isn't the military pretty much always hiring?

>dropped out of uni twice
>no experience other than summer job at college and Internet job
>get offered office job on spot at first interview after 1 week of searching

learn to write a cv or do something in your spare time to better yourselves

There's no real set definition and it differs from company to company but 1st line is generally dealing with end users. For example in my old job I'd be speaking on the phone all day with people who had computer problems, mostly simple stuff like password resets and not being able to receive emails. We could remote desktop onto their machines and fix most issues like that and anything we couldn't do we would escalate to 2nd line.

In my current job we manage IT services for other companies, mostly servers and datacentre stuff. I don't deal with any end users at all but I do speak with the customers IT teams from time to time.

At my 1st line job I was on 16.5k a year, now I'm currently on 28.5k. If you know anything about computers try for 1st line, it's a really good entry point into the industry and you don't need any experience or qualifications.

Boomers? The biggest welfare generation ever? When you try to make a point, never use Boomers as the example. They have been the single most destructive force on our economy. I believe you may be referencing the Golden generation. The ones who made it through the Great depression and WW2. They help foster the economic upturn after WW2. Boomers are nothing more than dirty hippies.

Alright, so, one of the huge lies we tell our kids: nepotism bad, and an exception rather than the rule, and an expected norm in the workplace.

I think it's a combination of our growing lack of genuine social connections, and public school's insistence on telling the lie that people can achieve anything they dream if they work hard enough and are smart enough.

I went to private school, and they didn't teach us that crock of shit. Our teachers directly told us "Partying and making friends in college is just as important as getting a degree, because unless you have a 4.0 (weighted 5.0) from Harvard, you get hired not because of what you know, but who you know. Sometimes your friend can set you up with a better paying job because you have a specific degree, but without your friend setting you up, you're not getting a job in the first place."

This is not some massive conspiracy, but the simple truth/reality of the job market since.... forever. In the 50's 60's and 70's heyday of the old economy, when it seemed like anybody could get a job/business-loan straight out of school, people lived in smaller communities, where the business owner/loan-giver knew the applicant, at-least tertiarily, since they were a small child, and they saw him grow from a little boy, to an educated man, and they are inclined/pressured to give that man a chance.

Today, you're some faceless keystrokes on Craigslist, or if you're lucky, a face they've never seen walking in the front door. That is not the same.

My suggestion, go to some parties, even if you don't like parties. Think of it as Networking 101. Build your professional support network. Keep your red-pills to yourself within your professional support network until you're high enough up in the foodchain that you won't lose your network for them.... that sort of discussion is for real friends anyway (or random anons on Sup Forums) Small-talk is a job skill.