What is the best way to consume Star Wars canon media?

What is the best way to consume Star Wars canon media?
Release order?
In universe chronological order?

Release order. Don't let some autist try to tell you otherwise

Release order and try to find the original theatrical cuts.

1-6

depends for who. If it is someone who never seen any, i suggest:
4 - introduces to universe and characters
5 - continue, untill vader tells luke truth
now jump to prequels:
1,2,3 - show how Vader become who he is and origins of Empire
R1 - fills gap, explain Death Star destroying
6 - lets return to OT, find out how Luke gonna fight Vader and Empire.
back to rails

This order gives best expirience for viewer who never seen SW. goin 1 2 3 4 5 6 takes out shocking moment from ESB, so wouldnt go this way. 4 5 1 2 3 R1 6 keeps that moment exciting and then explains how it went this way.

>best way to consume Star Wars canon media?

Just shut your brain, and more importantly, shut your eyes.

Rogue One
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi

Don't watch The Hack Awakens. Leia hugging Mary Sue instead of Chewie is worse than Jar Jar Binks existing.

Placing R1 1st takes 'wtf?' moment from viewer, when sees Death Star for 1st time. Otherwise it is good.

here
Rogue One before A New Hope because it'd be just like Ga-Rei Zero anime episode one, introducing characters and concepts just to kill them all and never bring these concepts again.

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
The Clone Wars (tv show)
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi

you're a massive fucking faggot, pleb tier

release order. NO ROGUE ONE

This.
A deeper dive would be 4 - 5 - 1 - Clone Wars - 2 - 3 - Rebels - R1 - 6.
Also the new marvel comics are pretty good and canon.

Watch the original trilogy, then play the video games, then stop caring.

Random order

Don't consune it.
T. Wasted 25 years of my life only episodes 3 4 5 are good

I hate newfags like you. 3 isn't better than 6.
You learn that some fags accept the prequel episode 3 and because you are a faggot, who likes all prequels, you decide to throw it in. It's not good. Give up.
6 is great, with best fight scene and memorable scenes. Ewoks change nothing.

Here is the definitive order, and an explanation as to why:

4 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 3 > 6

Episode 4: Obviously, since this was the first Star Wars film ever created, this is what should serve as your first introduction to Star Wars. It's a classic film that works both as a standalone film and as a part of a larger saga. If you're watching Star Wars for the first time and this film doesn't appeal to you, then you can easily skip the rest of the films and still get a general idea of what Star Wars is.

Episode 1: Now this might confuse you at first as to why it should be the 2nd Star Wars film you should watch, but upon hearing my explanation you should understand why. Episode 1 was primarily made so as to establish the world before the Empire existed, which is often why most people dislike it, because it has little to do with the OT. That said, this film still has a lot of importance to the world building and lore of the Star Wars universe. Episode 1 also allows viewers to better understand who Ben Kenobi was in the past, as well as showing us who Anakin Skywalker was. I feel like this is the best time to see Anakin when he was younger because a) Chances are you'll already be interested in learning who Anakin was because he was already mentioned in 4, and b) it doesn't spoil his transformation into Darth Vader, but we also aren't bored to death watching Anakin in the prequels only to know he's just going to become Vader anyway. Alternatively, you can skip this film if you only care about our main heroes in the OT, and you won't feel left out at all if you do choose to skip it.

Episode 2: Essentially an expansion of Episode 1. Really, Episodes 1 and 2 can be considered to be one long film that only serves as build-up to Episode 3. It serves the same purpose of Episode 1 (Establishing the galaxy before the Empire, showing us who Anakin and Obi-Wan were, explaining what the Clone Wars were, etc), but like Episode 1 you can skip it if you want. Still, if you want the entire Star Wars experience (Good and bad), then Episodes 1 and 2 are best viewed immediately after watching Episode 4.The only problem with viewing Episodes 1 and 2 is that it spoils Yoda's reveal in Episode 5, but personally I don't feel like it was that big a deal anyway.

Episode 5: Now we go right back to the OT, where everything is going to shit. The Rebels are on the run, the Empire is tightening its grip on the galaxy, and our heroes are running from both Vader, the Empire, and bounty hunters. Obviously Episode 5 deserves to be watched for various reasons (Such as the fact that it's often named as one of the best films ever made), the most important being the revelation that Darth Vader was once Anakin Skywalker, as well as Luke's father. If you've already seen Episode 5, then I shouldn't have to explain why it's required viewing.

Episode 3: This should be obvious. Episode 5 leaves you with many questions, which Episode 3 answers with gusto. Of all the prequel films, this is the only one that you really HAVE to watch, if only to understand why the galaxy is in the state it is in the OT, as well as showing us Anakin's downfall and the death of the Jedi Order. Watching the prequels in the order I listed them also saves you from having to endure all 3 of them in 1 go, since they are all followed by the superior OT films to act as a sort of “reward” for enduring them. Watching Episode 3 immediately after Episode 5 also keeps you in suspense until you finish watching Episode 3, so that when you finally do watch the final film in the original Star Wars saga, you a) have a much better understanding of the world of Star Wars, and b) are pumped up and ready to see how everything is resolved.

Episode 6: And now, the finale. This film helps tie everything up, and is just as important as the first 2 OT films, if not more. Episode 6 wraps everything up nicely and gives us a conclusion that just feels, well, right. It also has some of the best scenes in the OT, especially during the climax. There really isn't much else to say about this film, other than that it still holds up even to this day.

Finally, the big question: Original cuts, or Special Editions? Personally. I feel like anyone who has yet to watch these films should watch the original unaltered films, so that you can get a better appreciation for the special effects that these films were so well-known for back in the 70s/80s. Unfortunately, the original unaltered OT is more difficult to come by, but it's still not impossible. Your options are either a) the pre-1997 VHS tapes, b) Laserdisc, c) the limited edition DVD version that came out sometime in the mid-2000s, or d) downloading the “Despecialized” Editions off of the internet (Which is actually just a heavily edited version of the Blu-Ray edition, so some errors may be present). I also prefer watching the prequels in their unaltered form as well on VHS (The only downside being that Episode 3 didn't have a VHS release in the US), but Lucas didn't make that many edits to the DVD releases of the prequels, so it really depends on what you'd prefer.

As for The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and all the other the upcoming Disney Star Wars films: That's really up to you. I know a good majority of Sup Forums didn't like TFA or R1, and some even consider them to be “not canon”, but I still feel like it's worth watching at least once, just so you can see the direction Star Wars is going in now (For better or for worse).

Anyway, I hope this guide helped you get a better understanding of these films and, for those of you who have yet to watch these films, I hope you take this into consideration when you do decide to watch the entire Star Wars saga.

Watch original trilogy. Read synopsis of the anakin trilogy online

Release order.

Star Wars (Harmy's Despecialized Edition)
Empire Strikes Back (Harmy's Despecialized Edition)
Seciors' Army of the Republic
Dark Force Rising
Return of the Jedi (Harmy's Despecialized Edition)
If you enjoyed the core series, Clone Wars (Sup Forums has guides for the relevant episodes) and Battle of Scarif by Maple Films (instead of R1). The order comes from the fact that Luke's story is the one that made Star Wars what it is; the prequel movies only serve as backdrop for the original trilogy.

I want to disagree but makes sense.

No I jusy watched empire and jedi yesterday and jedi was almost terrible. It is pretty bad.Kys pleb

The absolute best?
>A New Hope
>The Empire Strikes Back
>The Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Clones
>The Clone Wars movie+tv show
>Revenge of the Sith
>Rebels
>ANH and TESB again
>Return of the Jedi
>The Force Awakens
People will say to watch ROTJ before the prequels, but I think it's much more powerful for the viewer to experience it like Luke did: knowing all of the background information for the final confrontation with Darth Vader and The Emperor.

You're the fucking pleb. Anyone who dislikes Jedi is a shit taste fag. And you will always be.

>I w-watched it yesterday ;-;
Means you are retarded or age 7 or lower.

>Only watch the 1995 THX Edition Original Star Wars Laserdisks
Short of having an original film print, this is the single best way to watch the three canon films.

I never said I disliked it I said its not a good film. I've seen it a million timss and watched the despecialized v2.5 yesterday. Besides the ending its 3/10 garbage

ANH 8/10
ESB 7/10
ROTJ 3/10
TPM 5/10
AOTC 3/10
ROTS 8/10
TFA 1/10
RO 1/10

>ending is 3/10 garbage
Go check yourself into the autism center.
I don't mean it to be TOTALLY insulting, but also helpful. You are obviously autistic

>Those ratings
Oh, you are just trolling. Never mind.

Holiday Special
The rest in any order!

Sorry you cant into reading comprehension faggot. Try rereading my post and responding again you monkey.

Release order. No question.

I always felt like they should have swapped the images for ANH and ESB for these versions. It makes more sense to have a stormtrooper on ANH's box art because Luke and Han dressed up as them and they're featured rather prominently in the film. Vader is also a main character in ESB, as opposed to how he was basically a lackey for Tarkin in ANH, so it makes more sense to make him the box art for ESB.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan that used to swear by the 4-5-1-2-3-6 order, but after reading I fucking love this. Your reasoning is ridiculously sound so Imma go with this from now on

user, I can read it. Can you?
Did you not rate ROTS 8/10?

New Hope > Empire > stop watching any further