What's Sup Forumss opinion on Alien 3 ?

What's Sup Forumss opinion on Alien 3 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(William_Gibson)
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(Vincent_Ward)
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(David_Twohy)
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_3_(Eric_Red)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alien3.... Alien Cubed?
Who the fuck Fincher thinks he is, he thinks hes smart and shit?
We ain’t doin’ geometry, we tryin’ to watch some kino.

At lot of people on this board actually unironically like it (when they're not roleplayfagging about how the first one is the only good one)
For what it's worth, I thought it had some good moments but it's probably not a good idea to have:
>beloved characters killed off in first 5 minutes essentially giving a big middle finger to the second, far superior movie.
>strong likeable female lead be forcefully sexually assaulted and nearly gang raped
>viewer expected to care at all about whether these rapists and murderers actually survive all not
>swearing so frequent during un-intense moments, when characters do swear during intense moments it doesn't actually mean anything.
>almost the entire cast of characters are all unlikable assholes, and so the viewer actually roots for the alien
>more running around in hallways

2/5

Assembly Cut is better than Aliens, theatrical is just a little worse.

Aliens 4 is the best Alien movie IMO

I think the third is the last decent aliens movie. The assembly cut is the way to go.

reminder that despite what redditors tell you, there is no substantial difference in quality between the assembly cut and the theatrical cut

I liked the severely compromised theatrical cut and prefer the assembly cut just a little bit more, but I actually appreciate most of the deleted content, a lot of which was changed or never reintegrated into the movie. Neither cut is definitive in the least due to how hard of a time the producers gave Fincher, no surprise he disowned it, you see hints and a glimmer of his visual and storytelling brilliance, they really should have let him alone like they did with Scott and Cameron.

What I like most is how hard and unpleasant it is to watch compared to 1 and especially 2. Nowadays you'd just get 2 hours of fan-wank plus an "ending" with sequel bait. We're lucky "The Director of District 9" got BTFO before he made the alien version of Superman returns.

>swearing so frequent during un-intense moments, when characters do swear during intense moments it doesn't actually mean anything.
What kind of retarded mormon faggotry is this
People aren't allowed to swear when they want? Swearing doesn't 'mean anything' ever, it's just for emphasis, which people tend to get pretty fucking emphatic when they're trapped in a small industrial complex with an alien killing machine

I never thought there was and found it strange when people said otherwise. Hell, the only difference I really remember is that the Alien is birthed out of a different animal.

You can get your point across without saying fuck every other word.

Should I watch Resurrection? I just recently watched the first 3 Alien films and I'm afraid that Resurrection is going to ruin the first 2 if I watch it.

no reason not to

it has great visuals and really only falls apart in the 3rd act

You can also accept that some people curse like sailors.

They were prisoners who had been all but abandoned at the shittiest shit hole in the known universe and now they were most likely going to die painfully there, they didn't care about getting their point across, it's not a high school fucking debate club
Also look up videos of drunken saturday night street fights in the UK, if anything they underplayed how much swearing there would be in a prison colony with 95% Brits

>being so weak willed you'd let one film retroactively prevent you from enjoy another

Why do people like the assembly cut? They replace the dog with the ox as the host, and those scenes look worse. They Alien still moves in a dog like manner throughout the movie which is now just weird. The alien bursts out of the ox fully formed, skipping the chestburster stage. The first guy whose killed by falling into the fan blades looks into a vent shaft saying"hey pup pup". that doesn't make sense in the assembly cut because the dog stuff was all cut out.

Why do people like the assembly cut?

It's okay, but not really that good. Just okay.

God Tier
>Alien
>Predator

Good Tier
>Predator 2
>Aliens

Okay Tier
>Predators
>Alien 3
>Prometheus

Bad Tier
>Alien Covenant

Shit Tier
>Alien vs Predator
>Alien Resurrection

Unforgivable Tier
>Alien vs Predator 2

Demonic Tier
Batman: Dead End

>The alien bursts out of the ox fully formed, skipping the chestburster stage.

which is why I prefer it popping out of the ox, because it's more plausible that it would have room to grow like that in an ox instead of a doggo.

of course normal chestbursters are no longer canon, so...

>The alien bursts out of the ox fully formed, skipping the chestburster stage
Covenant establishes that this was just a technical problem and that there's no difference between the recently borne Xeno and its adult form aside from size.

Alien 3 > Alien > Prometheus > Covenant > Alien vs. Predator > Aliens > Resurrection > Alien vs. Predator: Requiem

Fight me.

where did the egg come from at the start of the film?
they shoved it in because the needed it for the story without thinking it through.
lazy writing all the way through.
despite the clusterfuck pre-production Fincher did a good job and made a watchable film but seriously this film can go fuck itself

It has its moments, but the movie is a mess no matter which version you watch. The attempted rape scene is a slap on the face to the whole series - nothing but pointless, dull shock value (ignoring the implicit sexuality of the xenomorph, which is far scarier). Has a lot of Fincher's tryhard edginess that I personally don't like, but that might just be me. Making every character a bald white guy with an English accent was a bad move, as it became impossible to keep track of the already one-note characters.

Resurrection is a supremely stupid movie, but at least it is entertaining in its shittiness. It's a bad b-movie that you watch for fun. Alien3 by contrast is a clusterfuck that tries too hard to take itself seriously, without having a good script that can pull off its own conceit.

Still better than Prometheus though lol. Still better written too, double lol.

The queen from the previous film. Plebs not paying attention is the second main reason why Alien sequels get such bad press, after Cameron fans who think the series is about boom boom bang issabughunt man.

Alien vs Predator 2 and Alien Resurrection are kino, faggot.

the queen did not bring an egg with it

>Alien vs Predator 2
>Kino
Explain yourself.

Queens don't carry eggs, they lay them.

In case you didnt notice, the queen shits eggs, it doesnt need to carry on on its hands you fucking mong

they lay them and they gestate to maturity through a huge egg sac.
looks like i am the one paying attention here.

also, facehuggers die after they impregnate.
one impregnated ripley and one ran off and got the dog. so how many eggs should they have shown at the start?

>they lay them and they gestate to maturity through a huge egg sac.
And is that different from the egg we all saw and you originally mentioned? What did you mean by this?

>one impregnated ripley and one ran off and got the dog
No it didn't. Queens can lay more than one egg.

You are a fucking retard.

you are making stuff up, which means you are a fantasist making head cannon excuses for a shit movie.
you are putting more thought in to this than the writers of alien 3.

also the egg is all explained in the story for aliens colonial marines.
something you clearly know nothing about.
which means you are a fucking retard.

You think games are canon and you don't pay attention to the actual movies, I gave you a coil of rope and you hung yourself with it.

i have paid attention to what is in the movie.
what i dont do is make stuff up then make self important insults, i will leave that to twats like you.
colonial marines is canon, its shit too but its the best anyone has come up with in the last 25 years and that includes you.

Alternative version is WAAAYYYYYY BETTER

>what i dont do is make stuff up then make self important insults, i will leave that to twats like you
This is so amazing it needs its own word, like Bronzey, maybe even Goldy.

>colonial marines is canon
Alien, Prometheus and Covenant are the only canon material.

>Alien, Prometheus and Covenant are the only canon material.
Alien Isolation is also canon friend.

how about burn, you fucking twat

There is no canon.

Canon is the material created or authorise by the original artist, Ridley Scott

Are you so dim that you didn't even understand my joke? That really wouldn't surprise me.

He's not the original artist, he was a gun for hire, the authors are the fucking writers you plebtastic underage piece of shit

Do you not even know what an artist is? That genuinely does surprise me.

Jesus christ youre so out of tune with reality. Imagine being in a posostion where youre being hunted constantly; people youve know for years dying left and right. You cant sleep cus it can be on top of you in any moment. You're damn right people are gonna be emotional and use emotional words. Jesus you're a literal autistic scrub if you cant think of this shit yourself. Go join the army or something so you can learn about situations outside of your parents basement

Scott directed 3/8 movies and didn't write the story for any of them. Alien is very much a corporate franchise, the story for which is at all times subject to the whims of 21st Century Fox.

There were so many scripts submitted for this film its not even funny.

Theres one where they encounter the future version of the Soviet Union.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(William_Gibson)

One where Ripley Lands on a wooden planet inhabited by religious monks.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(Vincent_Ward)

One that takes place in a galactic prison ship with all the prisoners trying to escape the guards and the aliens.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_III_(David_Twohy)

One that goes completely off the rails with Aliens basically going full Kaneda at the end of Akira.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_3_(Eric_Red)