He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited...

He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Other urls found in this thread:

hubpages.com/health/The-Covert-Narcissist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please delete this

I hate reading this so much. It describes me too well. I've actually tried to present myself as a better person because this cut me so deeply.

(((arrogant)))

What did Orson Welles know besides how to eat himself to death?

He made some of the greatest films of all time, the most famous radio broadcast of all time, and the one the most acclaimed and important Shakespeare adaptations on Broadway of all time. He was also a magician.

I would agree with Welles but he said the same thing about my boy Chaplin and that's not okay

what did orson say about chaplin?

t. jealous fat fuck

Yeah, he's a neurotic pedo kike what a shocker.

Orson had no time for arrogant pedophiles. Go figure.

Orson shit on every one though. He once called Jimmy Stewart a "bad actor". Welles might've made some great films but its pretty hypocritical of him to call others arrogant.

I feel the same. Maybe it's more common than we think. Bro hug

just lol if this aptly describes you faggots

you nervous wrecks will probably be thinking about this comment the rest of the day

i've been thinking about since i saw it months ago

Would Welles' opinion of Woody Allen be different, if his career wasn't torn to shreads in the wake of Citizen Kane?

Fuck, me too, and I hate admitting it. I really want to change that aspect but it always creeps up on me.

Orson Welles quote

What are you taking about Orson was and always will be /ourguy/

Jewy Allen BTFO by /ourguy/ Orson
In all seriousness though, I think it's just a normal and human way to cope with life. If Allen is any indication, it could prove successful. I mean, suffering is what makes people truly funny

He was absolutely right, I find Woody Allen repulsive on a very deep and basic level for the same reasons. Still made some great movies though, because he has the quality that great artists need, a willingness to resist overthinking and express the truth of human nature, particularly your own. It's why so many are highly self-destructive, because human nature, while naturally inclined to morality and order, can frequently lapse into chaos, nihilism and malevolence, and confronting that part of yourself (or being forced to bear witness to it) can be tough. None of the characters in Manhattan are good, they're not bad either--they're human trash aside from the teenage girl, and go to great lengths to enable their own bad habits, but we care about them because they have good qualities and their actions and feelings ring true.

Somewhat ironic for a guy whose characters (based largely on himself) overintellectualize pretty much everything to possess that kind of insight but that's the way it goes

Either this is pasta, or this is the first insightful comment on Sup Forums I've seen in quite some time. If it's the latter, cheers.

Sounds like this:
hubpages.com/health/The-Covert-Narcissist
>Undeniably and unequivocally, the most damaging, daunting and severe form of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) that exists is covert narcissism - otherwise known as closet or stealth narcissism.

>Closet/stealth narcissists repress awareness of their narcissistic traits due to inner conflict; deep down inside they find their fantasies embarrassing and unacceptable. Deep down inside they realize that their fantasies are ultimately self-centered and are to solicit goodness and power to one's self; to put one's self up on a pedestal, above all others.

>They show a very real lack of empathy towards their partner and in many cases also towards their children, if they have any.

>The covert narcissist makes their victim feel like they are the one with the problem whilst projecting an innocent angel-like persona to everyone around them. They make their victim look bad and do their best to destroy their reputation in order to protect their deluded false sense of self and their distorted viewpoint of the world. Narcissists have no empathy and therefore have an invisible secret, an advantage over everyone around them.

>Covert narcissists use very cleverly hidden emotional blackmail, mental abuse, suggestive techniques and manipulative linguistic patterns to force their partner to question their own sanity; behaviors which people that know them would never ever dream of them of ever being capable of

>Covert narcissists are the sort of people who have multiple partners, secret affairs (sometimes within their own family) or sometimes even a complete secret life with someone else.

>Anyone who knows about a covert narcissist's secret life is sure to be blackmailed or manipulated into keeping quiet, often by-proxy.

>They make further arrangements in private and keep their sexual endeavors and 'love' affairs secret in order to uphold their angelic false self-image.

I post a lot of things like that when I'm browsing Sup Forums while in a thoughtful mood. Helps me work through my own thoughts and flesh out my point of view as someone who wants to make movies/other art eventually. I've recently come to the conclusion that truth is the single factor that distinguishes great art from the rest. Not intelligence or formal mastery or novelty, though all of those help. A dumb, obvious song in a worn-out genre can be true and great, this is the principle blues operates on. The Wild Bunch is a great film not because of its formal innovations and raw aesthetic appeal but because its characters are archetypal and speak to various ways humans deal with (and create for themselves through their various pathologies) a mean, brutal, miserable existence. At the end the Bunch deals with it honorably by rejecting nihilism and sacrificing themselves in an attempt to rescue their friend. And Thornton, inspired, rejects the stable life he'd earned by submitting to authority, choosing to be true to his own nature and become an outlaw once more. The ability to tell the whole truth is pretty rare and should be cultivated and admired at every opportunity. Glad you liked my post user.

>INGMAR BERGMAN: For me (Orson Welles) is just a hoax. It's empty. It's not interesting. It's dead. Citizen Kane, which I have a copy of, is the critics' darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it's a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie has is absolutely unbelievable!

>JAN AGHED: What about The Magnificent Ambersons?

>INGMAR BERGMAN: Also terribly boring. And I've never liked Welles as an actor, because he's not really an actor. In Hollywood you have two categories: you talk about actors and personalities. Welles was an enormous personality, but when he plays Othello, everything goes down the drain, you see, that's when he croaks. In my eyes he's an infinitely overrated filmmaker.

Was Welles an insufferable bully Chad?

I think his problem with Allen is that he (Allen) is arrogant but hides it, while he (Welles) displays it in the open?
But then,
>It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest.

typical arrogant nordic

Orson go to bed its late

How do we fix this?

Sort yourself out.

How? I cleaned my room but felt nothing.

fight the dragon inside it and rescue your father from the belly of the whale

Charlatan hack

How would Jonah Hill react if mwaHAWWWW man said this to him in an interview about the French champagne?

Me too.

>People (I don't like) get a label (I made up) because they have hidden thoughts (I can't prove). They must be bad people (because they're different from me) and should feel ashamed (because that gives me an advantage over them).

And this is why psychologists are bottom-feeding self-aggrandizing scum of the Earth. No exceptions.

Orson Welles is still ridiculing people like you decades after his death. What a man!

Anyone who wears that hate is a certified faggot.