Trek

Did everyone hate janeway as much as they do now when the show was airing live?

Or did the hate build gradually over time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z2MEYMMDhKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never hated her, but thanks for reminding me of seven of nine.

she's the matthew broderick of star trek captains

I think Seven is the most underrated character in all of Trek.

More hate then than now. Voyager has slowly grown on people who were hardcore TNG fans.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Yes because she is fucking insane. She vacillates wildly from one episode to the next from "we have to maintain the Prime Directive" to "I'm going to murder this entire species and steal their shit".

Misogyny hadn't really built up as much as it has since gamergate and the recent descent of the USA into total pussy-grabbing creepy white nationalistic fascism back when Voyager was airing, so there wasn't a seething hatred of women, at least not in open display. I'm sure Janeway was still hated by the types that want to subjugate her now but it only boiled under the surface.

This. Also, Russian bots hadn't started shilling as hard yet.

Couldn't it just be because she was a shitty captain? Why must you drag that into this?

>86918182
[You]

This, but unironically.

but people hate niggers yet like sisko wtf

Admirals don't fly ships, that's why. They had to treat her like a hero for what she did but they also had to do everything in their power to make sure she was never in command of a ship ever again.

I watched this shit when it aired live with my dad who was a trek FIEND. He hated Janeway with that Asian guy running 2nd and that cocky blonde haired dude 3rd.

Doctor was OP though.

>see image
>expect the pasta

What the fuck was OP's problem?

I really liked Voyager and I really liked Janeway, aside from the way the Borg arc was executed. I liked most of the characters on the show, even Harry. Maybe it's because I remember watching the premiere on UPN as a kid, but I really think it's alright. Weaker than TNG and DS9 for sure though.

Is this bait? I can't tell anymore.

What were your dad's thoughts on Harry Kim 2 and Nick Locarno? What were your dad's favorite bands? Did your dad like any other television shows? What did your dad look like while Voyager was airing? Did your dad ever catch a fish or use a BBS? Do you think your dad could beat my dad in a fight? What was your dad's favorite food? Did your dad have a middle name? What was your dad's zodiac sign? What was your dad's chinese zodiac animal? Did you ever race your dad and if so who won? Did your dad like Star Wars? Did your dad like Star Wars more than Star Trek? What's your dad's phone number? Is your dad handsome? How much money does your dad make? Does your dad have a life insurance policy? What would it take to get your dad to make me the beneficiary? Thanks in advance,
Deborah Smith

You know the boys and shills all belonged to Hillary right?

Your side lost and will continue to lose. You made your own bed with your push for cultural marxists.

Leftypol still hasnt gotten over November. This is the way they cope with their distress

I shit you not: We actually hated her more.

Us "watching live" oldfags had the fires of our hatred stoked every week. The 80% of the time she was totally retarded made us rage, and the other 20% made us rage about the writers putting her in Mary-Sue mode.

And when Voyager was live it was *the* current-ultimate-final Star Trek, instead of just the crappy installment that came after Deep Space 9.

We didn't hate her because DURRRR WUMAN CAPTAIN misogyny; we hated her because she was actually trash.

If you need proof look at the deeeep archives of stardestroyer.net.

What narrative have you been reading that gamergate is somehow responsible for the current level of misogyny, and not a result of it?

You want it to be one way. You want it to be one way.

But it's the Janeway.

>this entire post

Liberals.

why can't ENT-righters leave trek threads alone

that retarded leftypol post took the spotlight from this, the most hilarious post in the thread

Every Captain made a lot of bad decisions. Picard for refusing to fuse Hugh with the virus bomb to kill the borg, Sisko for wiping out an entire planet just to get one man, Kirk for having sex with aliens. The problem with Janeway is that she did TOO much wrong. The only person why did nothing wrong was Gul Dukat. Now there was a good Captain.

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

This

Friendly reminder that Damar was the savior Cardassia needed, and fought to free his people while Dukat was fucking around with wormhole aliens and boning Kai Winn.

I've never seen so many buzzwords in one post

Nothing wrong with that. Kanar with Damar and SPOONING ribbed Pope bitches is based.

Damar might be the only death in Star Trek I was genuinely sad about. He only ever cared about his people and he deserved to see them free.

More so

Janeway is -- get this -- the Matthew Broderick of Star Trek captains!

If Matthew Broderick were a starship captain, he'd be Janeway

Although she lives in Indiana, Janeway spends a considerable amount of time at her holiday home near Kilstarship.

Drill Instructor Shran: Where are you from, anyway?
Crewman. Cowboy: SIR, TELLARITE, SIR!
Drill Instructor Shran: TELLARITE? Holy dogshit! Only steers and queers come from Tellarite!! And you don't much look like a steer to me so that kind of narrows it down. Do you suck dick?
Crewman. Cowboy: SIR, NO, SIR!
Drill Instructor Shran: I BET YOU'RE THE KIND OF GUY WHO'D FUCK A PINK SKIN IN THE ASS AND NOT HAVE THE COMMON COURTESY TO GIVE HIM A REACH-AROUND.

Garak and Sloan won the war against the Dominion.

the actress who played Janeway hated Janeway.

kek

>7 years of data on the delta quadrant
>made contact with hundreds of races
>crippled the borg
>brought back transphasic torpedoes (borg cube in one shot)
>brought back future hull armor
>brought back quantum slipdrive
>made harry kim cry about not getting home, kept the little bitch an ensign

Paris was demoted to ensign and promoted back to LT.

This is a pretty funny thread. Remember to be active in it as it's a sports night and Sup Forums is being invaded by jocks so nerd threads need special attention. Carry on

Wang bitched or something about the show, so they kept him an ensign to fuck with him. Not sure well the commander bitched and got raises. Maybe because he was a nice guy to work with and only bitched outside of work.

hes just another iCuck newfaggot on nu/tv/

the virgin complainer vs the chad complainer

A logical and sound conclusion.

All niggers are black but not all blacks are niggers.
Learn your Sup Forums

Which is this?: youtube.com/watch?v=z2MEYMMDhKk

Seems civilised, so just a black man.

>this fucking post

>these actual fucking replies

holy shit are you people serious? Misogyny is not a fucking new concept. Misogyny did not fucking develop over goobergate you turbo autists.

And Janeway was disliked because SHE WAS A SHIT CHARACTER not because she was a woman you fucking delirious morons.

Damar was just an easily influenced idiot that swayed with the wind.

Garak was the actual savior of Cardassia. By destroying it and saving it from itself, allowing him to rebuild it in a new image, one that isn't crazy space nazis.

>I think Seven is the most underrated character in all of Trek.

But most people agree she's probably the best part of the show?

Picard
>hardly leaves the safety of the Federation, like every other episode he talks about a base in his logs

Sisko
>starts a war with the dominion killing like 10% of Starfleet personal

Kirk
>do we even need to talk about this warmonger sexist

Janeway
>someway it is all her fault she went to the delta quadrant raped against her will.

The patriarchy is real!

>hardly leaves the safety of the Federation, like every other episode he talks about a base in his logs
That's not true at all.

>starts a war with the dominion killing like 10% of Starfleet personal
Wasn't his fault they were trying to take over everything and the Cardassians fucking openly welcomed them to the Alpha quadrant. A
And that was far more than 10% of starfleet personnel lost.

>someway it is all her fault she went to the delta quadrant raped against her will.
No that's not why she's a bad character. She's a bad character because she's very hypocritical and a bit psychotic and extremely stubborn and not well written.

>do we even need to talk about this warmonger sexist
Kirk literally chose his ship over women every single time fuck your dumb normie memes

basically f u

You know those are all fine points, but I won because I made you respond.

it's a cultural reinforcement thing. In the 90s you had shit like Married With Children where characters that had negative views of women were just seen as harmless stupid jokes.

Mid auties, though. Feminism becomes a massive force paid for by George Soros and shilled in media unevenly. So you get all these powerful fringe lunatics (useful idiots) who have the unchallenged power to label anyone misogynist or racist to get themselves attention to the point they are getting people fired in STEM for wearing the wrong shirt or making a harmless joke. It's reaching the breaking point where people are going to be openly racist and misogynist because there is nothing more to lose.

Whining, complaining, and inventing misogyny creates misogyny. We've been living with massive financial and economic troubles for a long time now, huge immigration crisis, and if you have traditional values or the wrong color skin (white) you are automatically labeled racist or misogynist. Eventually those people (the majority, by the way) are just going to accept the label and become the monsters they are painted out to be. It's human nature. It's what the powers that be want to justify police states and unfortunately it's probably inevitable by now.

There are tons of open racists and misogynists now than there ever was all the way back to fucking Rome.

What a qt.

Can we get back to talking about Matthew Broderick?

>There are tons of open racists and misogynists now than there ever was all the way back to fucking Rome.
Man, you live in some fucking sheltered reality if you think there are more racists and sexists now than there was before.

Your mind is so fucking absurdly warped by instant social media gratification and having access to echochambers for both political factions that you think we're somehow worse than the 1930s, when blacks were getting lynched regularly and women were virtually nowhere in the workforce.

Like man, take a breath and step away from the computer, the world is far better now than it was even 10 years ago. Have people overreacted some to stuff? Of course. People, particularly leftists, are hysterical over Trump right now despite having done virtually nothing of real note in office for his first 6 months.

What you say about massive financial and economic troubles and immigration issues isn't wrong, but you're also completely overblowing some extreme things you've observed like crazy SJWs screaming about stuff in the game industry.

The world has not become more racist and sexist. At least the US hasn't. And if you think so, then you should go outside for about ten minutes and realize the sky isn't actually falling.

Kirk: the hero
Picard: the philosopher
Sisko: the soldier
Janeway: the conqueror
Archer: the explorer

>warmonger sexist
I'm finishing season 1 of TOS and this doesn't seem true at all

He's a bit more suave and cool than Picard in a sense but I cant see where this sexist thing came from.

It's a meme by people that aren't really familiar with Star Trek. They see that Kirk often has a girl fawning all over him, so they get the idea he's a 60s chauvinist.

Which is partially true, he does have the 60s tenor to him. But he doesn't try to denigrate what women can achieve, nor does he go chasing tail like many think.

Basically, everyone thinks he's Riker.

Captain just let the Cardassians kill the fucking Bajorans.

>Be first female captain because its the current stardate.
>Gets ridiculously lost in the first episode
>Puts lame space Samoan as her second
>caves in like a beaten housewife to a fucking hologram
>Whines all the time to a vulcan who looks like obama
>Denies multiple times to get back to earth
>Only manages to get back due to some time travel bullshit where they get weapons from a future that didnt even happen because they went back before they could even get the weapons to give to themselves in the future

7 OF 9 is best girl

>first female captain
>gets lost
You've got to admit, it's kind of suspect on the producers part

she wasn't the first female captain

Yeah yeah

>first female captain
nu-trek fans everyone

No one is counting side characters, dumbasses.

>warped
>blacks getting lynched (implicitly undeservedly) regularly
lmao

Ro was also a qt.

No, you aren't counting them, because you are a retard.

nx-02 breh

I don't even get it. Is it because he's a has been? Does it have to do with the drunk driving thing somehow? People loved Broderick back in the Ferris Bueller days.

>No one is counting side characters, dumbasses.
and janeway predates her anyway

Regularly may have been an exaggeration, but they were unwarranted attacks on people of color in extreme parts of the country. They were literally segregated for years, and treated as second class citizens.

We still have plenty of racists and sexists, but we're far more open-minded as whole then we were in the past.

Humanity doesn't de-evolutionize. It continues to progress. That's the amazing part about it.

>Did everyone
Did you actually mean everyone, or just the neckbeards here on Sup Forums?
>hate janeway

The neckbeards definitely always hated janeway

>as much as they do now when the show was airing live?
The ones that weren't alive at the time probably didn't.

>Or did the hate build gradually over time?
It would have grown in inverse proportion to whatever real-life socialization the individual neckbeard may or may not have underwent,

Been working my way through all the treks and I'm about halfway through Voyager - it's not nearly as bad as I remember it being.

It's no DS9, but it's still pretty entertaining 7-8 times out of 10. I'll be interested to see if Enterprise holds up better as well.

ENT > VOY imo

> I'll be interested to see if Enterprise holds up better as well
If you block the first 2 seasons out of your mind, it will.

Technically that goes for TNG, DS9, and VOY as well

But especially for ENT.

And DS9's 1st two seasons weren't as bad as all the other series' first two, frankly. (Obviously TOS doesn't count here)

Enterprise is pretty good. As always with Trek, it gets better the longer it progresses (to a point?)

It's a little jarring at first. Archer comes across as a bit of a big American boofhead, going around yelling at Vulcans and punching alien, he can seem to lack Picard's or even Sisko's diplomacy and subtlety. But it's still good and Bakula's portrayal gets better after season 1 imo.

Even the theme song grows on you, like a beard.

is he /ourguy/?

>The Passenger
>Move Along Home
>The Storyteller
>If Wishes Were Horses
>Melora
>Second Sight
still pretty bad

The first two seasons of ENT were not that bad and were definitely better than TNG's. DS9 had more bad episodes in its first two season than ENT.

>be 9 years old
>fan of TNG, DS9
>VOY is premiering
>ask dad if I can watch
>"No, you can't watch Star Trek if the captain is a woman."
>be really butthurt about this but have no choice but to accept
In retrospect, I am glad my father did this for me.