Irish questions and Paddy's day banter

Paddy's day Saturday lads, who's marching? Who're you marching with? I'll be with my cub scouts.

Irish general thread

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (1280x640, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ORifieiZiP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*pinches anyone not wearing green*

fuck your dumb holiday for ruining my normal saturday night out at the bar

i know that I shouldn't bring this shit up but FUCK why is IRA music so good
youtube.com/watch?v=ORifieiZiP4

So, did the Irishmen start using "paddy's"?

>be american
>forget to wear green on st Patrick's day
>get shot

We always say paddy's, the yanks say pattys for some ungodly reason

Coming from the country who dye their rivers and beer green. What the fuck gave you lot that idea? Here it's literally just watching the parade, maybe mass and a pissup in the pub, you guys go way above and beyond necessary

IM 1/4 IRISH IF YOU AINT WEARING GREEN IM GOING TO PINCH YOU ON ST PATTYS DAYY

>tfw this will be the first St. Patricks day since the advent of the mutt meme.

Attached: 1510373954634.png (1043x1136, 380K)

someone bought me green milk

it's regular milk with mint mixed in, ghastly stuff

amazing truly

100 percent Irish right here, boys

>Paddy's day banter
Irish can't do banter

they (and us) have always said it

His name is Patrick?

Feck off u fenian swine!

Attached: are-culture.png (768x925, 711K)

Saint Muttricks day

Implying they don't march up north too

I bet you live in London
Aye but nobody here says patty, ever, the closest you might get is pat and even then you're far more likely to get paddy. I suppose we prefer to work off the Pádraig for nicknames

Come to think of it I can't think of anyone other than you yanks who says patty, maybe it's a melting pot thing? All the other cultures who weren't used to the name changing the nickname?

I am probably going to drink a fuck ton of Jameson and get kicked out of the bar for yelling tiocfaidh ar la, up the IRA, and demanding the shit tier bands play some rebel music.

That's not really the done thing here in the Republic, there's plenty of people who like the songs but lots of us still remember the bombs, as a result most people consider the IRA a bunch of innocents killing cowards if they even have much of an opinion at all. That sort of die hard RA support really seems to be an American phenomenon when online

That's because we are more Irish than the Irish pretty much

>more irish than the irish
like clockwork

I will be dressing as a traditional Gaelic warrior with my friends and probably watch some step dancing downtown before getting shitfaced that night.
My girlfriend is gonna be reading kids celtic legends at the library in the afternoon.

Attached: C55C042C-A7C1-45F6-872D-193924E3F138.png (550x692, 443K)

Tell her to tell the one about fionn mac Cumhaill fucking the deer, that one's goofy as shit

Wat

I can't remember it exactly but the gist is fionn is walking somewhere when he sees a deer in the woods, he chases it for A while and it turns into a woman, he then rides her like no tomorrow and leaves, she gives birth to a boy that she leaves in a bush and 18 - 20years later fionn walks back through the area, sees the child in the bush, since he never left it for some reason and basically says "sure you must be mine so" and they travel together

I'll be spending the day alone
like every other day
cause i literally have no friends

Attached: 1438232615767.png (709x462, 660K)

I’d be your friend if I lived in Ireland

:-/