Everyone ejaculates all over the new It because of 80s nostalgia and Evil Clowns being all the rage right now...

Everyone ejaculates all over the new It because of 80s nostalgia and Evil Clowns being all the rage right now, but what is the BEST King adaptation for the ages?

The Shining by far

The Shining is the best film if we look at it just from that perspective, but not the best King "adaptation" because Kubrick didn't care about sticking to the book as much (rightfully so).

King loves the 1408 film adaptation so probably that one.

The Shining. It's the only one I like.

I kind of like The Stand for nostalgia reasons.

Carrie is also pretty damn great. Is that accurate to the book?

>Classic Kino Tier
The Shining
>Normie Solid Drama Tier
The Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me
The Green Mile
>Enigmatic Claustrophobic Cosmic Horror Tier
The Mist
>Silly as fuck Enigmatic Claustrophobic Cosmic Horror Tier
Dreamcatcher
>Dated as fuck Tier
Carrie

>Dated as fuck
>Carrie
No

Out of those only the Dead Zone and the Shining really stand up.

>The Shawshank Redemption
>solid drama
what a fucking meme

Oh come on user. Sissy is amazing but apart from that, the movie isn't frightening at all. All the horror moments are undercut by garish design choices and high notes on the strings that are super cheesy. I actually have no idea why people consider it a horror classic apart from the central performance. The only scary moment is a cheap jump scare in the final dream sequence.

Nobody ever says Silver Bullet, fuck you guys.

Maybe dated it the wrong word. Psycho was made 16 years earlier and is infinitely more affecting. Cheesy and overrated are better words.

The Shinning stands alone as a film since it drops loads of stuff from the book and Kubrick made it his own.

Creepshow
Pet Semtary
Christine

King was hands on with all of those and there all good films. The Running Man was another film King didn't like . But to make a film based on his exact concept wouldn't be too exciting.

No.

The Shining was clearly the best, but Apt Pupil, Shawshank and Green Mile were pretty good too.

As an adaptation I'd say 11.22.63 is the best.

>No Carrie

shit list

the correct answer. shining is good too

Stand by me, damn straight.

Everyone here has forgotten about the best King Kino.

Misery and

King said this one is his favourite

The Shining is easily the best "Steven King Movie" but it's not a very good adaptation of the book, which to be fair is fine by me because the movie was so much better.

I like Stand By Me a lot if that counts.

>Classic Kino Tier
>The Shining

The Shining is entry level at best

The Shining
Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile come secon
Then Stand By Me
Can't be assed to actually list the rest

The best movie based on King's work is The Shining because it does it's own thing rather than hopelessly follow the book. The best adaptation though would be Misery

The Shining, The Green Mile, Misery, and The Shawshank Redemption are the only legitimately good movies.

I like Salems lot for some reason.

Mist and Dark Tower.

The stand. 10/10 even with the low budget. Instead of 'the mist' they should have made a remake from the stand with enough money

It's crap. Kubrik is the most overrated hack ever

carrie, the shining doesnt count because fuck stephen king kek

The more a movie diverges from a Stephen King novel, the better it gets.