I don't get it... why couldn't Light simply burn the page his girlfriend wrote with his name on it...

I don't get it... why couldn't Light simply burn the page his girlfriend wrote with his name on it? Was he not still the keeper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PWB6Db1y2iw
youtu.be/TCsXLZcd9AY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because the people who made this are stupid

Did you fags miss the part where he was chased as soon as found out his name was in the book?

Of course you did, you were too busy thinking about shitposts for a shitty movie.

what? What does him being chased have anything to do with anything?

He has time to look up two separate criminals, come up with a plan and write out a complicated series of events to get his name burned. When he could just burn it himself. Now, you could argue that Light doesn't have a means to burn the page on his person, but the issue with Mia comes to a head because she prevented him from being able to burn the page with Watari's name on it, meaning Light must have had some idea of how to burn the page in mind.

he had the time to write all that convoluted script to have his girlfriend burn the page in an unlikely manner but didnt have time to burn it himself?

i assumed in the original script there was a rule that said only the one who wrote it can burn it but they forgot to put it into the film. There was a shit ton of things that didnt really make sense to me or just were plain dumb. Since they scrapped the original rule why not just have watari fucking shoot L instead of having him look for his name?

If you're talking about things that don't make sense, you've gotta wonder why Mia doesn't simply refrain from telling Light she has the Death Note so she can take ownership in seven days.

The convoluted plan also gets revenge on Mia (he even says so in the ferris wheel: "You wrote my name too! I was mad!" and it clears his name of suspicion by getting himself in a coma.

If she kept it for seven days then Ryuk would just take it back and maybe give it to some edgy african warlord

well if that was the case having him handle the book to her wouldnt have changed things, right? Ryuk would have taken it away after 7 days anyways. That couldnt have been the reasoning behind it

Dumb. He could have done that without the ferris wheel, and without a gun.

why did L have harrison ford's gun from blade runner anyways? was he a fanboy?

I think whoever wrote the script knew how shitty his work was and just turned it in without even attempting to fix it. You can feel the shame everyone involved felt when L just appeared at their dinner table.
>how the fuck did you get in
>I HAVE A WARRANT

did you retards not watch the movie? the ending is lightkino

he's cornered by law enforcement and his girlfriend is trying to kill him. he writes an entire page detailing mia's death by ferris wheel. during the death, she rips his page out of the death note. he's saved by a local doctor puts light into a medically induced coma for two days.

during those two days, people continue to die while light is in a coma. when light was "getting the book for mia" aka orchestrating this entire thing, he writes the names of random criminals in the death note and sets them to die over those two days. this makes light look innocent and L look like a nutjob

at least watch the fucking movie before you shit on it

He waived a fucking gun at a bunch of people, and fired a shot.
He should have fucking been arrested.

It was a fucking stupid movie.

that still doesnt explain why he wouldnt just burn the page himself. Like "lets get this pointless variable out of the way", its not like having her throw the page while falling out of the ferris wheel was a necessary part of the plan. L is a fucking nutjob in this movie. If his reasoning was already questionable in the anime hes just costantly taking wild guesses here.

>light writes Mia's name in the book with specific instructions on what she'll do
>death note supposed to make anything written in it literally happen
>light says he wrote it just in case it happens
??????????????

>Death Note makes a ferris wheel collapse
>(Or makes Ryuk destroy it, which is even dumber)
>Death Note makes someone fall into the water without harm
>Death Note makes a page float into a fire barrel
>Death Note makes a book wash ashore
>You can't write Ryuk in the note, or Ryuk will kill you
>Ryuk is already written in the note. (Don't trust Ryuk)

>[Post a Reply]

was there like an if statement in there? that was the only part i didn't like.

overall I found the movie enjoyable. not sure why everyone is trying to poke holes in it.

Be straight with my Sup Forums I have the weirdest thing for Willem Dafoe is this worth my time?

in the original he made a guy jack a bus and do really specific things, but it only came true because light himself was moving the whole thing along by playing a victim of the bus jacking and doing things to help make the whole thing play out according to his plan.

I guess the director only watched that far into the show and assumed the death note can literally make anything happen no matter what. It's totally not that the things written in the notebook can only come true if it's possible, so if you want specific things to actually play out then you'd have to do it yourself.

>not sure why everyone is trying to poke holes in it.

because, disregarding whether it even follows the source material, it had its own shitty rules on how the notebook functioned and it couldn't even follow those rules.

Light meets Ryuk:
>anime
youtu.be/PWB6Db1y2iw
>netflix movie
youtu.be/TCsXLZcd9AY

how can people even watch anime it's so terribly written and drawn

It also would have made more sense if Mia had Light's name written on the page that she had in her possession, and that she would only burn it once Light gave her the death note. As is, she basically gave him a free pass to burn it once he had it.

Yeah, and then he gives away his plan immediately to his dad, who knows that he's Kira. Excellent maneuver on Light's part

Light doesn't care about continuing to be Kira, he just wants to live. And confessing to his dad is the cap off to their character dynamic.

Yes. This also confused me. I initially assumed she wrote in on the page she stole but then its just there in the book. actually i think this was the original idea but they forgot about it/ had to to reshoot it and messed up.

That's fair I guess.

This movie wasnt that politically correct, the black guy is a drug addict psycho and the woman is a crazy murderous succubus

>drug addict
Wut

Hes shaking like crazy all the time, he's clearly in withdrawal. Those werent candies.

Help your mom with her withdrawal symptoms a lot, or just like making up tumblr-core head canon?

ive seen trainspotting once.

>light burns his page
>mia is left alive and rats light out
>light is arrested and the death note is found with all the names of the people who die over the next two days
yes this makes much more sense than having a tragic disaster take place on a ferris wheel to make light look completely innocent and L look like a schizo

he can burn the page and then have his ridicolous ferris wheel disaster.