What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPxFLpdw-44
youtube.com/watch?v=ENAHlgd6A7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The ending should have been the girl orchestrating some kind of big stand off between light and L where light loses, so L thinks he caught kira. It made no sense that the girl did the FBI plot, and light never used the book intelligently ONCE, then thinks of a master plan in 30 seconds running from the police.

>I AM GAY
>Not IM A GAY
DROPPED

based Yagamai

anime
>light is a chad that every girl wants
>he is so popular that he has a god complex
>a complete genius that thinks he deserves to rule the world
>mia is his bitch and does whatever he wants
>L is a genius autist that never loses his calm

movie
>Light is a loser that gets bullied
>he tries to defend other victims of bullying
>he's a fucking retard that missuses the death note and tells a random bitch he never really talked to before the entire story
>mia walks all over him and the cuck does nothing about it till the end
>L is a nigger that screams at people

The absolute state of America.

Also, the movie has horrible fucking dialogue, the sense of humor is reddit-tier and the story has no proper pacing at all.

>back then
>director/screenwriter/etc. does a shitty job and makes a shit movie
>career ruined

>now
>directer/screenwriter/etc. does a shitty job and makes a shit movie
>"it's okay next time for sure"
>proceeds to make more shit movies
>people watch it

why

They wanted a protagonist that looks like the target audience.

>that one brainlet that thought Light was a good guy

which is L desu

Here's a good one
>on the virgin side
is shit all the way through
>on the chad side
only gets shit halfway through

American tv shows and movies tend to shy away from extremely competent characters unless they shoot things constantly. They have to make them awkward, faux geeky or in the case of a woman, clumsy.

>Americans loved Breaking Bad
>Still rewrote Death Note to make Light the hero/a victim

It doesn't make sense to me at all.

mfw L concludes Light is Kira when it wasn't even him that killed all the FBI agents

L literally never figured out Mia's involvement or even suspected it

They really turned Mia from a fawning worshipper to more competent than L and Light?

Typical western adaption of a story about character flaws.

Everything bad happens TO Light. Just like everything happens TO Walter, TO Dexter, TO every fucking protagonist. Just a product of circumstance that wouldn't have to go so far if the world was "fair."

Personal responsibility doesn't exist to western shitheads.

What about the end

Light being white meant they had to be careful with not breaking willing suspension of disbelief

You guys are conveniently ignoring that anime/manga light died a virgin.

American Light had sex multiple times and didn't even die.

Manga Light dipped his wick before the series even started. He was dating QTs already besides the other girls worshipping him later. Fucking women simply isn't his goal so they don't show it just like they don't show him taking a shit.

Netflix is super duper dumb

If you don't shit out a kid then you're as worthless as a virgin

Anime

is

fucking

trash.

It really wasn't difficult this L and Light were ultra retards.

this guy gets it

Everyone is special and expressing yourself is all that matters ;)

This. They were clearly too pussy to go balls deep into "misa is the real kira" plot, so they just had it wibble-wobble back to something resembling the original plotline at the end. Totally dumb, though.

Yeah.

should've kept an Asian cast

nigga Light had bitches lining up to go on dates with him. And the one time we do see him go on a date with a girl he made her wait for over an hour and she's still wanted his dick. He obviously got laid before the series started.

>Pre movie release
>Internet spergs complain about L being black(while conveniently not complaining about Light being white)
>Post movie release
>Everyone complains about Light being a COMPLETELY different character
>L is being much better received

Really activates my almonds

>Rachel Maddow v Will Smith

Manga Light could have had pretty much any of the many thirsty thots he had chasing after his Professional-Grade tennis-toned thighs. He just didn't give a shit about sex, because he got off on creating a world free from evil.

>it didn't happen the way I wanted.
That's what you look like to me..

They both sucked in their own special ways. Light being the complete opposite of his mango counterpart, L being an angry negro with a gun.

>They both sucked in their own special ways. Light being the complete opposite of his mango counterpart, L being an angry negro with a gun.

The only big problem with L is that he uncharacteristically flipped out in the last 3rd of the movie, other than that he was fine

Keep running from yourself

Mia was the Light we deserved.

It really does make you think.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of the Manga/Anime was how much of a cold calculating cool motherfucker Light was. I don't give a shit if Light is different in the Netflix series, but the fact that the Netflix series doesn't understand the appeal of the original Death Note beyond the power fantasy angle is what makes it shit.

I mean Manga Light barely uses the death note for personal gain unless he's forced to to protect his identity.

I'm glad this movie is flopping so Hollywood leaves anime in the second dimension where it belongs. Everybody knew it would be shit right off the bat. Are people really surprised?

David from the The Guest was a better Light than the fag we got now. Its even the some director

We've been complaining about Light ever since the trailer dropped, tourist.

>I had all these expectations
>I can't appreciate the movie for what it is
Your opinion is void. Its an adaptation... Not your fantasy

He never does anything smart or cunning the whole movie, istead he just dose beaten to death "speak quickly == smart" cliche. He immediately concludes that Light is Kira based on the fact that Kira didn't kill his father, which is retarded as fuck.

This is a very worrying fact. Slowly but surely the world is moving into grade 3...

>We've been complaining about Light ever since the trailer dropped, tourist.

It was about 10% of the criticism

Dude he had his phone list filled to brim with booty call numbers. He was drowning in puss.

>He never does anything smart or cunning the whole movie, istead he just dose beaten to death "speak quickly == smart" cliche. He immediately concludes that Light is Kira based on the fact that Kira didn't kill his father, which is retarded as fuck.

He feeds Light data to narrow down the search to Seattle

it's a very shitty adaptation,
no one wants to self-insert as a beta loser

They should have just made their own original movie with the death note mythos being in the back drop.

Or even a continuation of the anime with the Kira shit being in the past.

It was pretty clear that is what they wanted to do.

>watching american remakes of non american movies

I maybe remembering it wrong but did not he fuck a reporter?

>Black L>White Light
Prove me wrong.

that part is as stupid as it was in the original. he banked on a lot of things lining up

its not an adaptation, its a typical US movie with death note as the gimmick, even the note does not function like in the original

I agree, but still:
>his mango counterpart
kek

Would have been a great twist, actually. Despite the names, Mia is the real Kira, and Light is the Misa equivalent of this adaptation. They could have even had a Keikaku Doori moment at the end where Mia reveals to the audience that she had been manipulating Light from the start, eavesdropping on his meetings with Ryuk (and figuring out what Ryuk might have been saying based on what Light said), manipulating his actions, and deliberately forcing him to do dumb shit knowing that he would either kill his father, and thus be worthy of the Kira title, or refuse, in which case she could simply pluck the Note from him and assume her title fully.

Welcome newfriend

>Prove me wrong.

You're right though, L was alot closer to his character than Light was

I can't recall if either Light or L did anything intelligent in the entire movie. Something that stood out to make them seem like geniuses.

The Manga/Anime Light even hesitates and rejects killing a bully of his classroom, something like:
>"No, it would be very suspicious, he´s in the same school as I"

And then Netflix shits on that good logic and does the exact opposite thing (just like the whole movie)

It's an adaptation. When a jap adapts a western story for japanese audiences, it's an adaptation. When a westerner adapts a jap story for mainstream western audience, it's an adaptation, and a very shitty one. Seriously how dumb are you to say it's "not an adaptation?" Your just denying realty to start an argument online.

the case was over by then, L was never on her trail while she was alive

>no one wants to self-insert as a beta loser
You shouldn't hate yourself so much. I think that's half your trouble

Its not an adaptation if only thing you are taking are names and the general premise

>tfw Ryuk doesn't get enjoyment out of Light's machinations, but out of Light's retardation

This movie is gold

>its not an adaptation if you adapt a work
K Y S
Brainlet

>movie gives L some retarded backstory about super mega intense detective training that involved getting torture
>he flips out and goes nuclear because Watari dies

>It's an adaptation. When a jap adapts a western story for japanese audiences, it's an adaptation. When a westerner adapts a jap story for mainstream western audience, it's an adaptation, and a very shitty one. Seriously how dumb are you to say it's "not an adaptation?" Your just denying realty to start an argument online.

Do you really think Jap movies come even close to western ones? Even shitty western movies are twice as good as great jap ones. Get bent out of shape about the source material not being fallowed all you want, Death Note movie was a better shot movie than the Jap adaptation

>Ignoring how he was filled to the brim with pussy
>he didn't give a shit because he actually gave a shit about making the world a better place

Not everything revolve around sex, you don't need to shove that down in everyone's throat when you're alpha.

Continuations like Yu-gi-oh '2' always suck balls. Not only are they shit but the can never live up to the name..

Yeah but the director has nothing to do with writing or the script or the screenplay or even picking the actors

Out of my way prosaic fucking shits
youtube.com/watch?v=mPxFLpdw-44

I guess Light picks Kira because it's Japanese, and then writes all his notes in Japanese to throw the cops off the trail a little.

That's kinda smart.

Better than Netflix Note

he wrote 1 note in Japanese

Haven't watch the movie but sounds good... How could they have fucked that up

>you wanna hang out later, write some names down, maybe watch a movie?

This was a real line from this movie. The dialogue was cringey.

Because the story isn't about cat and mouse.
It's about being a teenager and figuring shit out.

Was just getting ready to watch it.

Its shit right.

It's a bad remake of heathers

This.

As a general comment, complaining about L's contrived logic is a losing battle when discussing ANY adaptation of Death Note because everything falls into place for him in every medium

its a nice comedy

>Some idiot dies my school
>I hope I'm not to blame.
It was his 1st kill. There was no heat.
Its a 1.5 hour movie. What do you expect? You can't condense the magic of a 20 hour long anime dramatic thriller into those measly minutes

>Its a 1.5 hour movie. What do you expect?
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, for a short movie it's a good idea. My only gripe with the movie is including L and shit.

It isn't the worst animu adaptation ever made but it isn't good either. The score is excellent, the cinematography is very pretty, Willem Dafoe is perfect as Ryuk, and most of the cast deliver solid performances but all of that is fucked over by the terrible script. Characters constantly throw caution to the wind and do stupid shit just to progress the plot. None of the plot progression feels natural, it all feels forced. This should've been a series instead of a movie.

>it was his 1st kill. there was no heat
In the anime, his first kill is the criminal at the news; if he would have killed the bully it would have died the same way, and the police would have a mental fantasy about it, just read the pilot of the manga, the first victim of the guy (not Light) was a bully, and the rest of the week the police were looking for clues

>light never used the book intelligently ONCE
so at least they were faithful to the cartoon

was not his first kill an ex schoolmate that he hit with a truck for harassing a woman?

In the anime? No

youtube.com/watch?v=ENAHlgd6A7U
you are correct

So why the fuck is this movie 100 minutes long? It should be AT LEAST 130 minutes long. I really don't get it, it's like they tried to make it as short as possible even though you can't fit so much plot into such a short movie.

I'm lazy to think but what's the apple suppose to mean?
You think L was a problem? Would you prefer light just killing off people willy-nilly if anything miss could have faced the axe. Love interest has no baring in regards to the story other than paying homage to the fairer sex.
Your basically agreeing with me. Police are looking for someone who has absolutely no binding evidence too the crime other than his fantasy diary.

>cartoon
Here is your (you) friend.

>You think L was a problem? Would you prefer light just killing off people willy-nilly if anything miss could have faced the axe. Love interest has no baring in regards to the story other than paying homage to the fairer sex.

Because it's about teens, then including L makes no sense since it goes against the story they wish to tell. A normal detective would have sufficed.

It's aimed at millennials who will binge a TV show for six hours but can't handle a 2 hour movie.

>Your basically agreeing with me. Police are looking for someone who has absolutely no binding evidence too the crime other than his fantasy diary.

Have you ever be in a situation like that? I have, and the way the pilot did it was logical, the bully was from his classroom, the police are going to interrogate the rest of the classmates, they may suspect of you if they see you act very nervous; cops are trained to identify body language, you know? It makes senses in the Manga/Manga pilot/ Anime

this

body language won't get you jailed unless you are a total spaz and spill it all.