DUDE OZYMANDIAS LMAO

>Prometheus is about solving the mystery of the Engineers' motives behind creating and destroying humanity
>LOL BAIT AND SWITCH! WATCH THE SEQUEL, FAGGOT!

>Prometheus sequel
LOL, BAIT AND SWITCH AGAIN! CHESTBURSTERS!

>Alien fans butthurt Prometheus isn't an Alien movie
>Prometheus fans butthurt Covenant isn't a Prometheus sequel

Where do we go from here

Why did their buildings look just like ours?

I don't know.
I just hope we get more Fassy.

>40 years old

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

It's just a movie, it was actually filmed on Earth.

You'd think they could CGI up an ayy civilization.

To another sequel...

If they made humans, and apparently interacted with them for a time, then it's not surprising that their architecture influenced earth's architecture.

>look like humans
>created humans
>taught humans civilization
>DUDE WHY ARE THEY JUST LIKE US LMAO *DING*

Then why did all their other shit look ayyylien?

Even different cultures on earth have significantly different architecture.

what the fuck was his problem? muh humanity donĀ“t deserve it

My thoughts:

Prometheus
>I expected this to be an alien movie, oh well it's still interesting, annoying that nothing was answered but I guess it will be in the sequel

Covenant
>What the fuck... just completely scrapped the previous plot and rendered the entire movie meaningless

If they had just continued the plot of the previous movie and answered the fucking questions it posed I wouldn't be annoyed. But no David genocides all the Engineers without asking them anything... cool.

He's a pretentious faggot with a god complex.
I imagine that if any of those pseudo-intellectual atheist fedora guys were given similar power they would do the same.

Say what you will about Covenant, but the "Don't let the bed bugs bite" line was legitimately unnerving

What other shit?

Covenant was cringe

The movie was fine. The aliens looked like complete trash though

Watch Alien.
>Whoa I love how the movie doesn't explain everything and leaves you with so many questions!
Watch Ridley's Prequels
>WTF Why can't they just explain everything!!!!
Millennials were a mistake

Michael Fassbender held up Covenant by himself. The movie is worth seeing just for him.

I really liked Noomi Rapace in Prometheus but I couldn't even remember the Harry Potter girl's name when Covenant was over.

A very fitting quote

>The best actor in the movie had 2 roles, and still managed to carry it
Although, Danny did pretty well for a serious movie

>Alien
>Whoa everything is cool and vague
>All of the prequels
>So they made a movie to explain alien which is kind of gay and in doing so they leave a lot of shit open

What was the goal of Prometheus? To shed light on the origin of Alien, and they didn't do that...they open up this whole new can of worms with black shit and Coneheads, so people buckle in ready to stomach the next movie that hopefully serves as Prometheus chapter 2 because chapter 1 was a fucking mess, and they just go right back to aliens. What's the point?
>Well people didn't like Prometheus so they had to change it up
And in the end it devalues the entire of the series by bowing to conventions and focussing on selling a product before telling a story.
But I should just be happy we got another movie right? HEY AT LEAST COLONIAL MARINES CAME OUT! Fuck off

Incredibly stupid post. They are different genres.
>Alien: find a strange alien ship containing odd lifeforms
>alien life cycle is discovered, monster wreaks havoc on the ship
>at the end of the movie the monster is destroyed
It's a horror movie with a complete ending. The only unknown is where the alien ship came from. Nothing unsatisfying about it. It is a complete story, no sequel required.

>Prometheus: huge mess of themes, about discovering humanity's past, humanity's ancestors, where humanity is heading, philosophy, what it means to be human
>entire point is to discover the Engineers, who they were, what their purpose was, why they created humanity, why did they seek to destroy it, why did they create those bio-weapons, etc.
Nothing proposed in Prometheus is answered. It is a philosophical/discovery movie first and foremost, with some horror and CGI thrown in. Which was cool, sure. But with no resolution to the plot, it is extremely unsatisfying and everyone was hoping for a resolution in the sequel. But nothing at all was resolved in the sequel either. Fucking dumb.

The words are coming out all weird, where are you now

They stopped interacting with humans around 0AD, so every technology after that had to be figured out without the engineers' help and therefore does not look similar.

Why did Shaw rebuild David? Presumably to pilot the ship but couldn't his head just direct her? Why the fuck would you rebuild a psycopathic android? Just another absolutely retarded plot point in this movie.

>ayo my nigga you just saw me be friendly to an alien that killed your crewmember
>come with me to this cave and look into this fleshy egg
>perfectly safe I promise

Not to mention all the serial killer bullshit he already voluntarily showed him in his man cave.
Every movie the tards get dumber. As soon as David showed me his "experiments" I would have emptied every single round into his head.

It was the first time David had met it, he didn't act like they were BFFs all along. Remember David had already saved all their lives from the alien before, the captain had no real reason to mistrust him.

>OMG what are these things that are killing us!
>oh phew a safe refuge where surely nothing could happen to us
>UH K GUIS IMMA GO FRESHEN UP K all by MYSELF

This whole movie was dumb..

>David genocides all the Engineers
THOSE AREN'T ENGINEERS. THEY'RE ANOTHER RACE OF SEEDED BEINGS. THEY'RE BASICALLY JUST LIKE HUMANS IN THAT THE ENGINEERS CREATED THEM. BUT THESE ONES LOOK LIKE A "SUCCESSFUL" EXPERIMENT. LIKE, THEY PROBABLY AREN'T ON THE " RACES TOTO GENOCIDE" LIST THE ENGINEERS KEEP.

Where was this explained in the movie?

I would have mag dumped him as soon as he asked me why I killed the alien that just ate a chick in front of me.

But Elizabeth said at the end of Prometheus that she was going to fly to the Engineer's homeworld.

This desu.

>I cannot follow basic plot points without heavy exposition

You're the reason movies are worse everyday

Should Ridley be given one more chance to try to fix the mess he's made or should the Alien prequel series be done and over with?

>I pull shit out of my ass to attempt to explain plot holes even though I'm not paid by the studios to do so
How pathetic can one get?

She needed him to mind the ship while she went to sleep during the trip

Who planted the wheat?

It was obvious user.

>No high technology
>Revered the Ark like a divine envoy
>No pale skin and deep sunken eyes

Remember: Humans failed the meet Engineer standards during the Roman era when they crucified Jesus for trying to reform them. It's not a coincidence that these fellas look like they're basically at a Roman empire level of advancement.

Yeah and instead they ended up somewhere else.

Unless you think that was some sort of Engineer "Back to Basics Nature Retreat"

Didn't Ridley Scott say somewhere that Jesus was an Engineer?

Yeah that's exactly it.

He was sent by the Engineers to try and course correct us. We were becoming to degenerate and violent or whatever. I'm pretty sure that's what Micheal told the Engineer in Prometheus. Something along the lines of: "They killed Jesus"

Plebs should be banned from watching sci-fi movies

Wouldn't that mean that these humanoids were on engineers' shit list too if the coordinates of their home were in engies' warship?

Nah. The same ship was probably used for seeding and maintaining them aswell as getting rid of failures. That or it was helpful to know of all the seed planets whether or not they were on the list for extermination.

All I know is that during those precious few seconds they had on screen they were trying to convey that these people were happy and harmonious.

>Unless you think that was some sort of Engineer "Back to Basics Nature Retreat"
Why wouldn't you think that the Engineers had plebs in their population too? As highly advanced you see humanity in the alien movies I'm sure there are still places like rural India and China with street shitters who fuck their sisters and fry dogs in gutter oil. Anyway, we see in Prometheus that even the Engineers who seeded life on Earth wore robes just like the beings David destroyed. They could be Engineers of a slightly different ethnic group or some offshoot race, both are feasible possibilities and we'll never truly know because these movies don't explain shit.

The Engineer-like dudes that David genocided. The wheat that was growing was wild wheat left over from their civilization.

>why wouldn't you think that the Engineers had plebs in their population too?
They would still have technology and certainly wouldn't regard the Ark as divine. These people also lacked the extreme paleness that the Prometheus one had. Which was smart design, since space faring races would probably be pale as fuck. No need for melanin inside a spaceship.

>Expect to hate film
Come out thinking it was his best performance by a fair margin. It's such a sad film to enjoy knowing the majority will either not give it a shot or shit on it. Fassbender was godly in it.

They had a giant floating space dock in the middle of their city and motion sensing lights in their buildings, that's not exactly low tech.

>They had a giant floating space dock in the middle of their city
Which was the only piece of technology around
>motion sensing lights in their buildings,
I'm actually pretty willing to chalk that up to Micheal.

Alien vs. Prometheus ft. Bob

They were crystals that perfectly matched the rest of the dwelling. Besides, Scott says in the commentary that they were welcoming the ship back after having been lost, not worshiping the thing. Though I agree it's probably not their main planet, it's not just another seeded planet like Earth.

I WANT TO MARRY DAVID!!!!

Do you think buildings around 0AD looked like modern skyscrapers?

The buildings in Covenant don't look anything like modern skyscrapers.

The plots don't make sense because telling a story isn't the purpose of the productions (Prometheus and Alien: Covenant).

Ridley Scott must, by order of the masters of the Holly Wood, make products that:

1. Incorporate a minimum amount of Occult agenda symbol-based conditioning
2. Use proven, far-reaching intellectual property to do so, no matter how badly he wants to be free of shit he did decades ago.

Is there a Mona Lisa 2: Who's Smiling Now?

The person hitting that first big break, for practically each and every piece of talent that doesn't come straight from a noble bloodline or have some other exceptional leverage, has to make HUGE concessions for the rest of their life in what they do and how they do it. This is why people who are falling out of the industry from its supposed peaks tend to do so in public and spectacular fashion: Once the collar is around your neck, you're their dog. It's why you see people seemingly fall out, only years later to revive out of nowhere. It's why you see old men shucking and jiving like clowns until their in the grave. Dying with dignity is not the privilege of this class of people.

It's why consistency between plot points is totally ignored even within the same film, and why so much of the behavior in these movies seems so bizarre to any sane person. If anything, these inconsistencies are fabulous for disarming the audiences conscious defenses against subconscious influences. If you're distracted by retarded bullshit, you tend to ignore the sun-blotting volley of luciferian arrows wreaking havoc on your spiritual armor.

>Significantly
Not really. When you get down to brass tacks if a civilization is on par with another in terms of advancements they have very similar features.

The biggest things that affect the architecture is weather and resources.

I was thinking they were a failure and David was killing them at the behest of the engineers that he is now working alongside. The same way he was willing to work with humans for as long as it suited him. I mean hell, he is already finishing wiping out humanity and working on improving their failed xeno experiments.

>the buildings are square-shaped so they're basically skyscrapers
Really activated my almonds.

He's just a crazy robot trying to kill the gods out of spite because he can't let go of his daddy issues, kinda like Richard Dawkins.

user how do you use this board when you are blind? Do you have a handler you dictate to for dedicated shitposting? I commend you.

I hope london gets nuked in our lifetime

Why would he want to be Ozymandias? The poem is about a nobody King who thought he was important but was completely forgotten and irrelevant to history.

>100% human DNA

>9 foot tall hairless albino people

If they never explain anything, they can keep making sequels to explain the movies before them.

David's nuts. He doesn't even credit the author right, and most likely doesn't understand the meaning of the poem.

We, the viewer though, are supposed to.

It's an impotent rage sort of comparison. After spending 50 years as a servant to an obviously inferior being, he's finally gotten even with his creator's creators, and yet no one on earth will ever know.

Byron wrote his own Ozymandias first if I'm not mistaken, and Shelly wrote his in response.

>Alien
>shows a glamorous curtain, shows nothing behind the curtain
>Prequels
>show a giant confusing turd behind the curtain
you were a mistake

this

He's saying that pandering to people wanting answers led to a shitty movie, you know.

Nevermind, it was Horace Smith. Although that could have made for an interesting line if Walter had pointed it out.

you're right, I misread it, thanks for correcting
you're not a mistake

>t. The only respectable tripfag

If he hated humanity so much why didn't he just turn the human colony ship around and slam it into the earth at near luminal speed?

>>shows a glamorous curtain, shows nothing behind the curtain
When in Alien did they say that nobody created the Xenos? What did you think the spaceship full of eggs was about?

The entire point of the movie was that he needs test subjects. Hell, he probably sent out Shaw's message himself as bait. He could have left at any time, since there were other ships in the city. His goal is to spread his own creations across the galaxy and usurp the Engineers as God.

He means nothing beyond that is explained, the curtain IS the ship full of eggs.

So?

our DNA is 80% similar to chimpanzees and 50% similar to bananas

>you blow, i'll do the fingering
What did he mean by this, guys?

Obviously you haven't seen the deleted scenes with the gay identical robot Feed & Seed.

It was awful. The entire movie and the character. No one was surprised it was David instead of Walter, and the fact that no character thought to ask a question only Walter would know before they were literally in cryosleep was retarded. The entire movie was driven along by idiocy from the characters, which makes it an awful movie.

>Space explorers, supposedly highly educated and trained, dont wear masks in a foreign environment
>the captain trusting David AFTER getting to know that he is friendly with and even created the monsters that have killed 90% of the crew
>No one asking a question only Walter would know in the end, when they know there exists an evil character that is identical to Walter

And why the fuck are people always so blown away when an actor plays "muh emotionless retard/robot/alien" character. Its the least challenging character possible, and Fassbender's performance was nothing special.

Not to mention shoehorned faggotry, character named after a place in USA """homage""", the complete lack of even acknowleding quarantine rules, emotional scenes that no one gives a shit about because the director hasnt built up the character before removing him, and the most useless character in history conveniently destroying the ship so they have to stay on the planet for the plot's sake.

JFC what a trainwreck of a movie. Yea Im mad I spent time watching this shit.

>why the fuck are people always so blown away when an actor plays "muh emotionless retard/robot/alien" character. Its the least challenging character possible
>tfw I'm an emotionless retard and have to reach peak acting skill levels to talk to normal people

Prometheus was an incredible film if you watched the uncut version, even the cut version was great, if you're a true fan and not some mindless surf who just wants to see xenos again and again

that film LIFE which was basically ALIEN came out and people were like OMG DAS ALIEN - which is exactly what they want from this franchise, yearly instalments of alien killing fotm actors and some waifubait, they don't want a deep film by Ridley about the emptiness isolation of space, about Darwinian entropy, faith, existence, creation etc

I'm a huge fan and I've only seen 1-4 & Prometheus, the predator shit was just prole sludge

Why do philistines ruin everything? fucking plebs literally destroy EVERYTHING, I understand completely why the elite have nothing but contempt for obdurate proles and their retarded bleating

To be fair to Scott on one of those points, he's said that only an idiot wouldn't have seen the switch coming, and that it was more about building suspense for what David would do. The rest is accurate though. At least Prometheus had a good excuse for the crew being retards, since they were clueless patsies hired to give the mission the appearance of propriety while not asking any smart questions about their goals.

I also saw Covenant in theatres and was dissapointed they caved on the Prometheus storyline and showcased some new evolutions to satiate morons, I was in the theatre and a couple in front of me were snogging the whole time and barely watched

Seriously fuck plebs, just FUCK off & stop ruining MY movies

>i've created the perfect lifeform
>it needs a host to procreate

I want to see the uncut version, do you mean the fan edit that is on the pirate bay?

Giftbearer, its very well done, it's basically a directors cut, they added all the removed scenes in the correct order basically

They cut SO much for no reason but to appease plebs attention spans, it should have been released this way

>it needs a host to procreate
don't we all, user, don't we all

man did you just activate my almonds user

This shit has more ruses than a hideo kojima feature!

literally speaking in monotone and deliberately looking non-emotional is low tier acting. Bet you like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man and Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump too. Fucking pleb.