Zack Snyder thread

ITT We prove that Zack Snyder is better than all of his overrated peers like David Fincher, Chris Nolan, Edgar wright, The Coen Bros, Paul Thomas Anderson, Wes Anderson, JJ Abrams, Del Toro, Dennis Villeneuve,Tarantino, Innaritu and Alfonso Curon(you can add more to the list)

I'll start with the easiest one. Del taco.

>Can't even get his projects off the ground
>Dishonest filmmaker
>Almost always directs flops

Whereas Zack

>Gets his projects off ground and even makes films which were considered unfilmable like watchmen
>Honest and passionate filmmaking.
>More often than not produces massive hits

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actually most of those directors that you listed, have a better profit margin on their overall movies compared to Zack. And also most of their movies cost significantly less to make and market.

he's the best and i love him

Fuck profit margins. A $200 million profit is still better than a $50 million with better margins.Also my first point is specifically for Del taco.

he's one of the few actual directors (as opposed to project managers posing as such) today, he has an artistic vision and is clearly able to manage a good relationship with studio producers

no wonder someone like jim cam praised him. I'd rather have a Snyder than 10 russos, trevorrows, webb's, etc...

and no, he's not cinema's jesus like pajeets all over the world profess, like jim cam he aims for the 100 IQ range, no more, like actual auteurs, but no less, like michael bay

That's nice and all but OP is not exactly comparing him to Russo's or the bays. Do you people unironically believe he is better than PTA , Tarantino , Coens , etc...?

His new projects may not have done well but he usually produces solid hits. Even Zack had consecutive flops like watchmen , Guardians and sucker punch.

Anyway Del Toros next project(Shape of water) seems promising than Zacks (JL)

Literally the only movie he's made that could be considered a massive hit is 300.

lol

Only a marlel would consider 850+ million dollars not a hit.

At least he has good taste.

word

He is just throwing an inferior artist a bone.

We don't have to prove anything. Zack is an artist. He is a painter turned director and you can see it in his work. He brings amazing visuals and has a sense of direction. I will watch whatever he directs as I believe I will be entertained nevertheless. All the directors in that list as amazing in what they do. They tell amazing stories. I love Fischer and his work. Nolan and his stories and all the others. Stop trying to prove one is better than the other and embrace the art of movies. Their style is what makes them special

Fuck my phone and its autocorrect

>What is budget

>What is ROI

Nice dubs.

Also the only person in the list that I can say for sure that Zack is better than is JJ Abrams.

>Dishonest filmmaker
So you're trying to have a debate about filmmaking and this is all you could bring to the table? Are the idiots constantly bombing the board with Snyder trash all 12 years old? What possesses you to even pretend to be equipped to discuss this?

We can bring far more kek. Do you honestly want to see Del taco taken apart in this thread by Snyder chads? Didn't think so.

>Snyderchads
Oh here we fucking go

It's like if IMDB and /r/movies made a list of their favorite films. This is what happens when you give attention to a music video director.

Do you function entirely in terms of memes? You're a waste.

This is a nice attempt at a meme, the problem being, though, people who think like this are either illiterate, don't speak english, or aren't old enough to post on Sup Forums.

Are you brainlet MCUcks mad that I didn't even bother listing one of your tv directors?

Hey

Hey zack

At least my daughter didn't kill herself

>Not one person mentioned anything Marvel related in the thread
>The Snyderchad immediately calls everyone MCUcks that don't agree with him

So none of you can argue that anyone in that list is better than Snyder. Thought so kek.

>Fincher = Fight Club
>Nolan = Dunkirk
>Wright = Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
>Coen bros = No Country for Old Men
>PT Anderson = Boogie Nights
>W Anderson = The Grand Budapest Hotel
>Abrams = Star wars
>Del Toro = Pan’s Labyrinth
>Villeneuve = Sicario
>Tarantino = Pulp Fiction
>Innarritu = Babel
>Cauron = Children of Men

Honestly, Abrams is probably the only one Snyder can say he's better than.

Reminder David Yates is the fourth hightest grossing director. Ahead of Bay and Nolan. And actually only a couple hundred million behind Cameron.

oh yeah i remember the reddit circlejerk about blue velvet and excalibur

When you exclusively direct films in one of the biggest if not the biggest franchises in the world, you will make that cash. What Nolan and Cameron have accomplished is far better.

>Mad Max 2
Mad Max was better

patrician opinion

Snyder's made like one actually good movie

The social network is Fincher's best work.

I honestly don't consider any of his movies good. He has made two movies that can be considered half decent(DOTD and watchmen)

Nolan hasn't accomplished anything desu he can't make a good movie. And Cameron is trash.

Abrams movies have some kind of narrative structure instead of just rule of cool shit for disaffected children.

>i remember the reddit circlejerk
I'm sure you do.

>The social network is Fincher's best work.

Does zuckerberg pay well?

Are you retarded ? I am not even talking quality of films. I am referring to box office success. Yates is near the top because almost all of his films have been major franchises. Heck even a slightly less popular franchise is enough to push Yates to near flop territory(legend of Tarzan).

Dawn of The Dead - did good
300 - did very well
Watchmen - flopped
Sucker Punch - bombed
Legend of The Guardians - flopped
Man of Steel - underperformed
BvS - underperformed

I have some friends who work for FB. They're living a great rich life.

I am here struggling to get a decent government job. It makes me feel insecure desu.

If the buzz around shape of water is anything to go by Taco may have his new best film.

>PTA
No
>Tarantino
Yes
>Coens
Sometimes

>tfw it made him think of his daughter

I agree with Tarantino because he steals from other movies.

Although I don't think he is even sometimes better than the Coens. Movies like No country for old men , Boogie nights and Fargo alone are enough to put them above Snyder.

Was really expecting a dullest franchise post there. Really dropped the ball user.

How did Man of Steel underperform? It did better than any solo Marvel film, X-Men franchise, Batman Begins or Superman Returns.

The legend of tarzan was a film nobody wanted to begin with. And yes that's why ita impressive he beat out bay and nolan wirh half as many films.

No need to shit on Del Taco he's just as underrated as Snyder.

>Production budget: $225 million

People weren't exactly craving for Dunkirk or inception. They were a hit weren't they? It's not about the number of films but the number of films that aren't part of one the biggest IPs in the world.

If all someone directs is MCU films or star wars sequels they would be one of the biggest grossers ever.

>$225 million budget
>$160 million in promotional tie-in deals
>$65 million net budget
>$668 million gross
>$600 million net profit

Critically his films do well don't they?

I would still say Tarantino is far better than Snyder.

t. footfag

He's not polarizing like Snyder where people love or hate him, but unless the movie is in Spanish, the consensus on his American films is that they're ok. Pacific Rim has a "turn your brain off bro" reputation because of reddit, but there's a lot more subtext than people realize. He's a true visual storyteller like Snyder, though his stories are a lot more emotional and the themes less counter-culture than Snyder's so even if people don't "get" them, they will still usually say it's good.

fincher's best is gone girl, coen brothers' best is o brother where art thou, abrams best is 09trek, tarantino's best is basterds

o brother where art thou is horseshit that didnt hold up over time. coens will never top no country for old men. your opinion is objectively wrong

well he has more dead daughters than any of his rivals for sure

lmao they topped ncfom in 2013

thanks to the hook nosed kikes that killed her

>mom im trolling again!

>clockwork orange
reddit tier
also
BOIS

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

the man is a drooling idiot

it's fate

dubs of truth.

>Making fun of his social anxiety
Nice one Sup Forums

>DUDE FATE LMAO is better than Inside Llewyn Davis
>b-but muh Oscars
Kek

They'll say anything for their corporate overlords. Just a few posts earlier and they're bragging about his dead daughter. As creatively bankrupt as the Marvels they shill.

Garbage man for nonwhites and obama phone posters

not liking zack is peak reddit, those are the facts

itt:
>what I like is the bestest thing ever and everything else in history has been shit

aka

The overweight pseudointellectual teenager who dresses all in black and really wants a tattoo/piercing but his mom won't let him get either.

>DUDE NOTHING HAPPENS is better than Cormac McCarthy
coens cant write for shit

just look at posts to unique posters ratio, you can kinda tell it's just one loser replying to every single post, desperate for some attention

Why do you liberals hate Zack Snyder so much?

>reddit spacing
peak reddit confirmed

did he ever speak publicly about his daughter?

did she get bullied so hard after BvS that she killed herself?

>hack snyder and all the directors you mentioned
pic very much related

is it still called bullying if its a marvel comic book virgin doing the bullying?

>dude popular things can't be art lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

Holy shit you're stupid. The Coens are objectively better than PTA.

>This is how stupid the average DCuck is

Who is ready?

Whoever made this needs to jump in front of a bus

fuck off marvel redditor

Does Zack Snyder have any original thoughts or can he only copy/paste visuals from other, better sources?

Starting to wonder if he's really a "visionary" director or just a plagiarist.

So, when did this turn into /r/dc_cinematic?
This thread is some baffling shit guys, get it together.

>marvel redditor
dude your people literally and unironically link to r/dccinematic

good artists borrow, great artists steal

redditors get out

>thinking any of that is good cinematography
see

Sucker Punch

>Everybody that disagrees with me is reddit!

LOL