Hooper died in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles on August 26, 2017 at the age of 74

Another master of horror passes away. Good night, sweet prince.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
youtube.com/watch?v=LssIDExsk0k
wickedhorror.com/features/retrospectives/texas-chainsaw-massacre-2-set-apart-original-worked/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

F

Literally who?

F

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 1 & 2
Salem's Lot
Poltergeist
Lifeforce
Invaders from Mars
And many other horror movies and TV series.

He will be missed.

> no Funhouse

come on user

He made Funhouse?

I didn't even know he did Poltergeist. I should watch more horror movies and pay attention.

I suppose the passing of such greater filmmakers at least reminds people of their work and gives them a chance at exploring it. That's good.

Very true. I at least knew who he was but even then, I learned.

MODS, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB AND STICKY THIS

who /tcm2/ here

rip

I loved how he absolutely knew he could never top his first film so he tried the semi-comedic approach.
2 is not great, but it's pretty good.

I think it defines guilty pleasure, especially after the intense and disturbing first one. It's so lovably silly. I am glad Dennis Hopper is in the movie. he makes the movie.

>mods will sticky threads about mainstream actors dying
>they don't sticky threads about actual legendary film creators dying
Hooper single-handedly created the slasher genre of the 70s/80s. He is a legend.
Mods are fags.

I'm actually surprised. He's pretty damn famous for the 80's.
And you're not even correct: they'll sticky NON mainstream actors too. Which is even more bizarre.

Did they sticky Kevin's dad from Home Alone? I hope not.

TCM is one of the best films ever made and Hooper doesn't get a sticky? Step it up, mods

This. Easily top 3 horror movies for me.

Greatest jumpscare of all time

Yeah, it was revolutionary back then. It was so filthy, yet not any less "grand" than the other films made at the time.
It gave horror a new face by breaking a lot of cliches and proving that you don't need something paranormal happening in an old house by the lake in the winter during the night to make a horror movie. It still followed a formula, but it did it its own way. TCM is an amazing movie, even if you are not into horror; it's a lesson in filmmaking.

F
Rest in Peace Tobe Hooper. You made one of the best horror films ever.

STICKY THIS SHIT

Yea, I remember watching it for the first time in early 2000s and loving it.

They actually did

damn. what a bunch of miserable fucks

What the fuck.

>Law students have taken over Hollywood. To them it's all about making money. They know people want to see what they've seen before. Also, remakes are places to showcase the new stars of tomorrow.
>-Tobe Hooper

Redpilled af

>Also, remakes are places to showcase the new stars of tomorrow.
Think its true? Is that the best way to show new people off? If it is true, why?

Because you show them in environment that the audience is already familiar with. People are afraid of dramatic change. It's better to introduce them to new things slowly.

But can't you showcase new actors in new films?
I understand what you mean but I don't see why remakes would be better. Is it that more people watch remakes than original films? And thus more exposure?

Also, how many actors do you know started or got big from remakes?

>Romero and Hooper in the same summer

FUCK YOU FOR REMINDING ME

Well, I did a Romero marathon maybe its time for a Hooper marathon.

>Wes Craven, George Romero and Tobe Hooper gone
Who else remains? Carpenter, Cronenberg, Landis, Dante, Ferrara... The next few years will be sad.

Anybody seen this? It has horrible reviews, but it has Based Brad Dourif. Is it worth watching if you're a Dourif junkie?

I haven't seen it, but if you're both a fan of the actor and Hooper, you'll probably enjoy it, even if it's laughably terrible.

Tobe Hooper directed a Billy Idol music video (apparently those were a big thing in the 80's)

youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

fuck i wasn't aware. that's awesome

Ha! Really? That's pretty cool.

If Carpenter drops within the next year I'll kill myself. He's my all time favorite genre film director.

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

I am legit upset that such a filmmaking icon is getting so few replies. I guess Sup Forums really is just a bunch of underage shit posters.

Is that Steve Jobs?

Yeah, Tobe is arguably the 4th most important horror director of the last 50 years. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist have inspired countless filmmakers.

It's strange to me that he's not even 70 yet. He's looked ancient since the 80s.

Very underrated paranoia popcorn flick

That's what smoking and stress does to you. He's doing a tour this year and I'm fucking going to one of his shows no matter what. He could drop any month now.

Fuck this gay earth.

F

RIP Mr. Cooper, may you hang in peace

GODDAMN IT

Fucking television actors get stickies but one of the most important horror film directors gets ignored?!

Who else appreciates Hooper's Cannon Films output? We will never see such bizarre and unique big-budget mainstream films again.

Do it user. I saw him perform about a year ago. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

I've never seen Invaders from Mars but The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is great and Lifeforce is one of the most fascinatingly odd blockbusters I've ever seen. Both films deserve more praise.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=LssIDExsk0k

;_;7

this ambient piece is so simple yet so fucking genius and fitting to the film.
there are many great horror movie themes out there, but none is so legitimately scary to listen to.

I love the news radio bits in this, it's no wonder some people were fooled by this back in the day.

It blows my mind that Lifeforce exists. We will never see such weirdness from a mainstream film again.

>Cooper

Is his Masters of Horror episode any good?

As I said in another thread, I don't know why Golan/Globus sunk 40million into a movie about a naked Space Vampire fucking people to death, but I am damn glad they did.

There are two VERY good reasons to watch Life Force. One of them is in pic related

TCM2 is actually brilliant, it made fun of the unintended reactions the original caused:
wickedhorror.com/features/retrospectives/texas-chainsaw-massacre-2-set-apart-original-worked/

Oh shit, literally saw Poltergeist last night.
F :(

You killed him!

MODS = FAGS

To be frank Spielberg directed most of Poltergeist

It's all debatable. Spielberg definitely did more than simply produce but I think a lot of people exaggerate the amount of creative control he had over the film. It's infuriating that we'll never get a proper tell-all documentary about the making of Poltergeist.

Agreed.

F
I'm currently wearing my TCM as I watch interviews of Tobe. Plan on watching TCM 2 tonight.

Craven 2 years ago, Romero not long ago, and now Tobe. All the classics are dropping. John and Dario better get ready.

Mods sticky this or the other Hooper threads, you homo fruitcakes.

>All the classics are dropping. John and Dario better get ready.
Don't forget Cronenberg.

I did. And he just lost his wife.
Hell, Demme was barely in horror and he died earlier this year. And Friedkin is getting old too.

Now I'm sad. We're stuck with a new wave of horror directors who don't amount to the contemporary classics.

Eaten Alive is another good one he made

the fleshlight from hell

It's only an hour long, give it a shot.

Wooo! Sup Forums mods, why didn't you sticky my thread?

"Master" of horror? He only had two good films and one had Spielberg as a producer.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was amazing though and I'm glad I caught it at the local drive in last summer.

>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
>Salem's Lot
>Lifeforce
>The Funhouse
He had more than two good films.

Did not know he did Salem's Lot, and I really liked that. TCM2 is not a good movie but I found it really fun and it's a good movie to make fun of with friends.

friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Hooper doesn't get his life back.

TCM2 is an excellent example of a sequel that defies convention by being wholly original. Far too many sequels are complete retreads of the first movie. It was a very bold decision especially for the long awaited sequel to a genre classic.

Goodnight, sweet knight
:,(

Now that we've reached the death of cinema, why don't we ever see made-for-TV event movies like pic related anymore?

Because back then tv movies would get sold overseas as theatrical releases. It better be good enough for people to pay to see it in theaters. Spielberg's Duel being an example.

Species pretty much ripped off Lifeforce.

TCM 2 is one of my absolute favorite Horror movies. Really underappreciated.

It went a different route than expected and WORKED. Has its own style separate from the 1st.

Who will be next lads ;_; they're almost all gone