Cyberpunk

What's some good cyberpunk movies or TV series?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>cyberpunk
>good

cyberpunk is fucking trash

Sully is the best recent cpunk movie.

What about Blade Runner?

The original Blade Runner is the only good cyberpunk atmosphere.

Rest is shit.

>Sully isn't even on the list

like clockwork

don't you fucking tired of yourself always asking the same fucking question?

overrated boring as fuck tech noir shit

Strange Days

Lawnmower Man

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but Total Recall 2070 was pretty cool.

kys

What makes a something cyberpunk?

GITS: SAC, and the new movie, fuck you i liked it

>Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a future setting that tends to focus on society as "high tech low life"[1] featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as information technology and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.[2]

>Cyberpunk plots often center on conflict among artificial intelligences, hackers, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth, rather than in the far-future settings or galactic vistas found in novels such as Isaac Asimov's Foundation or Frank Herbert's Dune.[3] The settings are usually post-industrial dystopias but tend to feature extraordinary cultural ferment and the use of technology in ways never anticipated by its original inventors ("the street finds its own uses for things").[4] Much of the genre's atmosphere echoes film noir, and written works in the genre often use techniques from detective fiction.[5]

>Classic cyberpunk characters were marginalized, alienated loners who lived on the edge of society in generally dystopic futures where daily life was impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.

Consider suicide. Thank you.

So is iRobot cyberpunk?

just what i expect from Sup Forums
shiteaters

this
thanks to Sup Forums for talking about and getting me to watch

Is the Total Recall remake decent? I remember seeing a bit of it and it looked cool but a bunch of people talked shit about the movie.

i haven't seen either
new one looks cool
which one should i watch?

Looks great but it's a generic action film

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubik

> When Runciter, Chip, and the others reach the moon base, they discover that the assignment is a trap, presumably set by the company’s main adversary, Ray Hollis, who leads an organization of psychics. A bomb explosion apparently kills Runciter without significantly harming the others. They rush back to Earth to place him in half-life.

Afterwards, the group begins to experience strange shifts in reality. Consumables, such as milk and cigarettes, begin to rapidly deteriorate. Also, the group sees Runciter's face on coins and receives strange messages from him. Most of these messages imply that [SPOILER]. Group members who separate from the group are [SPOILER].

The reality gradually shifts backward in time until the group finds itself in a world where a mysterious consumer product called UBIK may be their only hope of survival