More Middle Earth shit when?

More Middle Earth shit when?

When Christopher Tolkien fucking dies hopefully

Hopefully never.
I don't want today's Hollywood touching anything Tolkien related.
Thank God the Hobbit movies are so hated that it will probably stop any future attempts.

wouldn't trust a studio to give any of it the proper respect they did with LOTR, just be a cgi shitfest these days.

You don't want it. We're past the era where good things happen.

>silmarillion
>middle earth
You just triggered my autism.

how will they crowbar legolas in it?

Well Trump won so some good things still happen. Not on the film industry though, it's dead and (((they))) killed it.

Disney has coveted this property for the longest time and will one day acquire it. Zaentz estate will give them LotR eventually and they will squeeze the Tolkiens until they surrender, one day. I say in 50-100 years, Disney will fully control LotR + HoME.

I say that in less than 20 years we'll see a LoTR reboot

We need a TurinKino.
The story is top tier, and it's absolutely cinema-material.
But it has to be done right or not at all.

John Peters NEEDS to be the producer on this. Nobody knows giant spiders more than him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jackson have full control over that debacle?

Every director has a shelf life though I can't entirely blame him.

How will Jackson do it lads? Is it possible?

deepest lore

Don't even talk about shit like that

I'm surprised there isn't already one in the works. Fellowship was 19 years ago.

Silmarillion would be hard as shit to adapt though.

Just completed Peter Jackson's entire filmography and I can safely say he was never good. Meet the Feebles was funny though, in a Troma sort of way.

Never ever, hopefully.

>"Oy Vey, Mr Jackson, we've been hearing rumours you plan to make the Hobbit in two parts and not three?"
"Yes, it's a short childrens book"
>"Oy Gevalt, what a holocaust, Mr Jackson, we are missing out on a third film worth of shekels here"
"It'll be hard to make the source material last two films, let alone 3"
>"A shoah, right here in my office, remember the 2 billion, Mr Jackson, we demand you make stuff up, invent new characters, show popular characters from Lord of the Rings, lots and lots of CGI"
"Yes, my chosen one"
>"One last thing you Goy animal, we hear the dragon has 4 legs... it only needs 2 to walk, many shekels will be saved"

>beleriand
>not part of middle earth

>s NEEDS
Fuck off

I mean it's not like the books are going anywhere, and a shire and theme park sounds pretty kino. I say do it
>directed by jj abrams

He got thrown in at the last second to cover another director leaving. Movies were fucked from the start without him being there to help plan.

Please, never.

wtf i hate sneed now??

“Because Guillermo Del Toro had to leave and I jumped in and took over, we didn’t wind the clock back a year and a half and give me a year and a half prep to design the movie, which was different to what he was doing,” reveals Jackson. “It was impossible, and as a result of it being impossible I just started shooting the movie with most of it not prepped at all.

“You’re going on to a set and you’re winging it, you’ve got these massively complicated scenes, no storyboards and you’re making it up there and then on the spot […] I spent most of The Hobbit feeling like I was not on top of it ][…] even from a script point of view Fran [Walsh], Philippa [Boyens] and I hadn’t got the entire scripts written to our satisfaction so that was a very high pressure situation.”

kok

Silmarillion could only work as a TV series and even then probably not

i've been always arguing with people who does not want silmarillion to be directed ,but finally agree with them.
i dont want it to be directed either, caues we wuz kangz n sheeiit.

Holy shit. It never had a chance.

Too ingrained into pop culture/current millenial "nerd"-o-sphere

If anything it'll be like Ghostbusters. So maybe a remake in another 10-15 years.

Joke is here.

They fucked the hobbit so hard for profits the silmarillion would get butchered to all hell so normies can understand it.

children of hurin would be great movie material if it was filmed in 2001 by PJ. Not now tho

So why did he choose this movie to press the 48 fps shit?

Needed a gimmick so people would see it despite the bad reviews they knew it would get.