Tobe Hooper - 1943 – 2017

Good Night Sweet Prince
Director of Poltergeist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Hooper died in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles on August 26, 2017 at the age of 74

I don't know who he is and I don't care. Take this thread to reddit and never come back, okay?

All this time I thought Spielberg directed Poltergeist because everyone keeps only mentioning him

underage faggot detected

Honestly ruined my day. No film has have captured the feeling of the hot summer sun than The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. The film is so dirty and hot looking

He ran out of Lifeforce

How many Tobe Hooper threads have we had? He deserves a sticky.

I hope he does not become a Poltergeist.

Why? It is not like he is some Faggot Nigger from True Blood.

You deserve a "Sticky" up your ass.

>directed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist and Salem's Lot
>"I don't know who he is and I don't care."
Fucking kill yourself, you underage capeshitter.

Just got the news from Bruce Campbell's twitter.
this, TCM is a classic and we've discussed it many times

Why aren't people talking about this? Where's the sticky?

He only made 3 good movies and a guilty pleasure sequel

We've had stickies for far less.

Normies don't give a shit, that's why

People can't comprehend what he did for cinema, like when Romero died and normies only gave a shit about him because "dude le zombies lmao xD"

>Director of Poltergeist

Steven spielberg died?

This nigga gave us Texas Chainsaw Massacre yet he won't get a sticky.

Fuck you Sup Forums

OOOOOOH I AM THE GHOST OF PETER O'TOOOOOOOOLE

WHERE'S MY STICKY

I hate them

Wow, cool movies for cool kids but somehow I am the capeshitter XD

TCM and Poltergeist are both top-10 of all time but right now I'm watching The Mangler. It's still as hysterically awful as it was 20 years ago.

RIP Tobe

So you can't deny you're underage then but you will pretend you don't watch capeshit.

Back to the rick and morty sub reddit for you lad. They haven't heard of Tobe Hooper either so you'll fit right in.

Your idol is dead and my show is at its peak, who is the loser now, motherfucker

Poltergeist > Chainsaw

Try Lifeforce if you haven't seen it man its goofy as shit. But genuinely entertaining

i prolly saw this nigga at the grocery store damn...

Lifeforce is pure kino.

Thanks for confirming you're legitimately underage. Now please kill yourself, mommy and daddy are both very disappointed in you.

>yfw John Carpenter is next

Heh, what a fucking cuck you are. Keep being mad, loser.

Shut the fuck up, he's doing a tour in November and I'm going to see one of his shows. He needs to make it to the end of 2017.

Well he did quit smoking but I can't help but feel the damage is likely already done.

>"lol u mad???? XD" tier shitposting
With each post you look younger and younger. I originally guessed you're 16 but now I'm guessing you're 13.

This had better get a fucking sticky

TCM 2 is a comedic masterpiece

And I am still smarter than you, says a lot about yourself ain't it? Just hang yourself already and take this thread with you.

you got yours already

Agreed the second is underrated.

But the first one is possibly the most important slasher movie ever made. So the idea of Tobe not getting a sticky is retarded.

>And I am still smarter than you
You're so young and dumb you don't know one of the most influential horror directors of the last 50 years. I can very safely say I'm smarter than you. Now go back to your Rick and Morty subr*ddit, kiddo. Sup Forums is for adults.

Speak for yourself, faggot.

I don't care about some le influential trash. You are just a bitter, old fart that has to constantly remind others how old he is and how much he has seen.

Protip: his movies are absolute garbage and you are a retard.

>thread has been up for 3 and a half hours
>still no sticky

MODS = FAGS

>, says a lot about yourself ain't it

Ok even if this thread doesn't get stickied at least I had fun just watching this anons mental age plummet. Goes to show those that don't appreciate the original TCM are plebbiest of all the plebs

This. No sticky for him or John Goodman. SAD.

good. he hasnt made a decent movie since the 70`s

>haha i appreciate some old turd look at me i am the original oldfag haha
>i like old movies even if they are bad, that makes me le smart guy

The fucking irony.

>John Goodman
Wat. The fat jew is still alive dude

>I don't care about some le influential trash.
This is a board for film discussion. You're offhandedly dismissing an objectively important director just because you get off on being an edgy cunt. You seriously need to go back to that Rick and Morty subr*ddit.
>You are just a bitter, old fart that has to constantly remind others how old he is and how much he has seen.
And you're just a dumb kid who thinks being an ignorant edgelord is cool.
>Protip: his movies are absolute garbage
How would you know? It's obvious you haven't watched any of his films.
>and you are a retard.
You're the one who doesn't know anything about the history of cinema.

He'll be fine

RIP

>all the horror legends are dying
Feels fucking bad man
It's even worse now because horror as a genre has been bad for a long fucking time

>Poltergeist (I don't give a fuck about some rumors, Hooper is the one who's credited as the director)
>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
>Lifeforce
>The Funhouse
Hooper never topped The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 but he made some good films in the 80s.

I don't care about the history of cinema, because it's mostly about old, stinky turds that have no place in today's world. If you genuinely enjoy old movies, you probably have brain damage and I feel sorry for you.

>Hooper never topped The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Fuck, I didn't mean to put that 2 in there. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 is his masterpiece.

Nigga you're 12 years old, you just confirmed you don't even know what irony is and you expect us to believe you've seen a Tobe Hooper film?

Really kid? Just go to bed

Wew lad

>being this mad over shitty movies

I am glad this literally who died, your tears sustain me

t, nihilistic pickle poster

i'd love to play around with your blood.
maybe taste your brains.
even try to cook a little.

You're still going? You obviously a child who hasn't seen any of his films so your petty insults aren't offending anyone. Go see a therapist or get some friends, it's obvious you're a sad soul who's pathetically desperate for attention.

Yet you respond and cry over some dipshit, the absolute state of "oldfags"

Same old "LOL U MAD" shit over and over again. Like I said, either go see a therapist or get some friends. I'm done giving you the attention you crave.

Miserable cunt.

dumbass newfag

Dubs decides what director goes next.

I vote for Spielberg.

RIP

I'm tempted to say Zack Snyder but if that hack drops dead right now he'll be instantly turned into a legend so I hope he lives long enough to fade into obscurity. Anyway, I'm gonna roll for Paul W. S. Anderson. He's a total hack who has raped multiple franchises.

I would gladly have betrayed humanity in exchange for an eternity of knocking boots with the sexy vampire woman.

Hands-down the hottest actress I've ever seen in a film.

ayy lmao

Mods sticky this or the other Hooper threads, you la-la homo fruitcakes.

He's off to The Funhouse in the sky.

This.
He's gotta make it to 70 at least.

Based idiot poster

It's stronger now.
People rave on about the likes of the VVitch and Babadook. Hell, there was Raw his year that will explode once on Netflix. Horror is getting stronger. There's just minimal voices making constant horror. Thers only people like Adam Green or Ti West who stay true to horror. But more are venturing out like Wingard or Roth.

You're right horror is doing better, it was pretty dire in the 90s and 00s. However, it isn't even close to the 70s-80s. Those two decades were the peak of horror.

Absolutely.
But there's still guts in horror.
Bone Tomahawk was a recent one that was damn near perfect. Or there's something like Tucker and Dale vs Evil. It's gaining ground and there's great shit every year.
I know he doesn't live up to the importance of Jason or Freddy, but I love Victor Crowley.

>Ti West
What has he even done lately? The Sacrament was boring as shit.

Different user here, I'll always respect Ti West since he made The Innkeepers and The House of the Devil. Last year he came out with a western called In a Valley of Violence and I've heard it's great.

Those movies are classic horror for sure, which is why The Sacrament was so bizarre to me. That said I think him doing a western is a better fit. I'll need to keep an eye out for that.

Wow I just realized that Bateman was watching TV and that's where he picked up that line.

>what is pyscho?

RIP

TCM ending scene is one of the most iconic scenes in film history.

What's his best movie and why is it Spontaneous Combustion?

nigga you got your sticky two years after you died

kek

F

>Bone Tomahawk
Fugg that movie was pretty good.

But Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is a masterpiece. One of the funniest B-Movies I've seen.

>George Romero
>Tobe Hooper

who's next?