/trek/ - Star Trek

Move Along Home was objectively the best episode of Star Trek, and will be better than anything Discoery produces as well

It is the pinnacle of an art form

edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA
youtube.com/watch?v=LHoPLhpw2g4
youtu.be/fG1koV6VlYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eZjPOrXMaR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoyed Move Along Home, it wasn't too deep or cerebral or anything, but it was a fun enough episode.

*blocks your path*

kek, thanks for this

I liked that Sisko actually started singing rather than just recite the lines of the rhyme like the others did

And that right there is why that little girl never got any more acting work.

Is there any hope for Discovery? I'm hoping for interstellar political intrigue between the Feds, Klingons, and Romulans, but I'm concerned it will be more action-oriented like the movies. I'm also worried that even if it is good, it won't last because it's exclusively on CBS's streaming service. How widespread is the CBS service? Is it anywhere near as big as netflix?

From the top that webm looks like a low poly count video game

Da hell?

It's going to be Enterprise, but with 2017
>Muh edgy dark themes, people die! We're totally cool like game of thrones guise pls watch
>Muh no individual episodes but a single overarching storyline. We're totally cool like game of thrones guise pls watch
>2017 SJWism

any region except US gets it through netflix

aren't licenses just wonderful

>any region except US gets it through netflix
Jesus Christ, who thought this one up?

t. never watched Enterprise

Unironically what was his fucking problem?

eugenics are bad that's what

>Like:
Trying to show more Klingon cultures or nations
USS Shenzhou design
design of the props like phasers and tricorders
one of the cast members is a space mushroom expert

>Dislike
Everything else so far

He went nuts reading Moby Dick for like 100 years or something.

>Never actually shares any screen time with Kirk
WoK is a happy accident of a film due to budgetary constrains

How can the old man be such a qt?

>Ten years before Kirk era.
Too early for Romulans

Is it worth it? I mean that titlesong man, just holy fucking shit.

I probably get labeled as a pleb or something but I'm almost certain that 99,8% of everyone who has watched it and came from the prior series felt similarly appaled by it.

Kirk left him on an abandoned planet then fucked off while it exploded into a desolate wasteland.

Khan did nothing wrong

Honestly that's my biggest problem with STD. It's set only 10 years before TOS, if it was set after VOY it would be actually interesting. But it's going to end up a canon destroying CGI fest.

Season 3 is pure kino. Don't even get me started on 4 though. Also whats wrong with the theme song?
>I'VE GOT FAAAAAITH

I thought the first romulan war was around this time? there was just no visual contact till kirks time

That was a hundred years before Kirk.

It's worth it. Everyone hates the song at first but later you will unironically enjoy it because it fits Enterprise so well and you'll start to associate the song with Archer's journey.

>pic
what...
WHAT.
Is that Real!?
Was Dorn actually somewhere in the original?

It was dumb even as far as useless episodes of ds9 go

It always looked so comfy when they + T'Pol sat together having lunch.

>Unironically what was his fucking problem?
He used to be dashing and then time hit like a truck.

fair enough

I'm on my VOY binge now, but I will give this a fair shot, at least until s3 like that other poster suggested

But S4 is the best one.

That song is undeniably not awful though

>they played this song on NASA space shuttle and new horizons missions as a wake up theme

Better Enterprise opening coming trough.
youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE
>I mean that titlesong man, just holy fucking shit.
Title song is unironically 11/10.
If you don't want to get into a spacesuite and fly to Jupiter when hearing it, there's something seriously wrong with you.

the vibe felt a little too 'Little House on the Prairie' for me instead of Trek

>mirror universe alternative theme
intredasting

Exceptional taste.

I never thoughr of why I liked it so much, you hit the nail on the head there.

I watched through ENT a few months ago and I'd listen to the original theme every fucking time (usually skip intros), what they replaced it with was cringeworthy.

Damn. I haven't seen TOS, so I'm fuzzy on the timeline at that point.

>obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA

Seriously? He would have been a kid. It could have been a fan film, but it's really just a shop.

>standing tall on the wings of my dreams
So much better.

He was in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, however he was already playing Worf in TNG at the time.

>implying any episode of ds9 is better than b5 kino

tfw he has always been here

How come that B5 was so good, yet anything else that JMS touched after that was utter shit, including all the B5 spinoffs?

I don't know how old he is! It Could've happeened.....

Blocks your path to the fridge.

unpopular opinion time? Blaylock is as shitty as Ryan.
Trip was great though.

>Seven
>bad

t. Kess

Will you kindly die?

>Blaylock is as shitty as Ryan
Looks or acting?

*points finger at you*

character wise. acting was passable.

Oh okay, I thought they were all good although T'Pol is a little unsettling to me.

did he roleplay as a medic?

Are you serious? That's from one of the most famous episodes.

I suppose it wasn't memorable enough for me, at least not from the costume change

It's from the episode Tapestry. Picard died on an away misssion and Q showed him what his life would be like if he hadn't had a near-death experience when he was a junior officer. Turns out he'd still be a junior science officer who never rose above the rank of lieutenant and received mediocre performance reviews from his superior officers, all because he never was able to fully appreciate the importance of taking advantage of the opportunities available to him. One of the best episodes of the series to be quite honest with you family.

lmao. It's from Tapestry, the one where Q shows Picard how his life could've turned out if he hadn't taken chances.

lol, everytime we saw other old guys in blue uniforms they were at least Lt.Cmdr.

It's where human play Damjat and gets stabbed, human gets artificial heart to save his life, human gets hit by lightning bolt, godlike entity takes human back in time to prevent getting the artificial heart, human then finds out his destiny was to grow up a complete pussy

in my defence I haven't reached s6 yet and there were episodes that I have missed or forgotten about. This does seem like a milestone episode though, so I'm wondering why I know so little about it

hmm

Tapestry changed my entire view of Riker and Troi. They were such massive assholes to Lt.Cmdr Picard. I'm thoroughly convinced that all of the senior staff, barring Worf, Geordi and Data, are elitist assholes.

>Still Lieutenant junior grade after 40 years.
Even if he didn't take risks, that's bullshit.

>Not knowing every Q episode
Disgusting.

He was a Lieutenant Jnr Grade, aka a nobody

And they weren;t assholes, they just didn't really know him. Again because he was a nobody from the science division who'd never stood out once in 50 years in Starfleet. And now he wants to move into command, probably senile

I'm not saying they should have coddled him, but they were unnecessarily dickish. I once thought that Starfleet valued hard work and effort, but they got angry at him for trying to break out of his shell. They basically told him to fuck himself.

They were being honest - at his age and with his career he was never going to get into command. No point giving him false hope

fuck it, I'm gonna watch this

more famous than the one with the flute?

Picard pushed them to it out of nowhere. They were just being honest with him, he's an adult he can handle it

well, from Troi and Riker's point of view, that version of Picard was a literal nowbody who at the age of 50/60 something went through a severe mid-life crisis and now suddenly wants to jump to a higher position. They were nice enough and most importantly, honest. That Picard maybe could've done something with his life, but not in Starfleet.
Tapestry? do it, it has Picard fucking a 17-year old
the Inner Life is more famous probably. I've always seen it ranked as the best TNG episode.

YEs, because it's a Q episode so people remember it better

Every non Dominion-Gamma quadrant race was such a disappointment, I wouldn't even want to explore it.

The one where Bashir tries to cure that disease and fails miserably is cool

youtube.com/watch?v=LHoPLhpw2g4
"You've had lofty goals, but you've never been willing to do what's necessary to attain them".

I don't see how they're being dicks, they're telling him straight-up that if he wants to be more, he can't expect to just be given the shot. He's got to prove to them that he's earned it. In the real world, you're lucky if your boss lets you down this easy.

the episode was about gene telling the audience to get up and do something instead of having everything handed to them

Gene was long dead by the time this episode was made

Are you suggesting he was still giving writing instructions from the grave?

youtu.be/fG1koV6VlYQ

>only attacks by surprise
>actually orders one of his mind controlled minions to kill Kirk with his phaser instead of beaming down and meeting him face to face
>tries to kill Kirk by activating the genesis device

Khan was kind of a coward in this movie desu. I don't get why people think he was so badass.
Moltalban was a fit motherfucker in Wok. Those pecs were real, friend.

>sensible = coward

Martok pls

Tosk was pretty badass.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZjPOrXMaR4

>What's that, Beverly? You want Wesley to watch? Make it so...

But he used to look like this
>tfw you watched his early movies long before his appearances on Star Trek
I legit didn't even recognize him.

The surprise attack thing might be excusable from a certain point of view, but ordering Captain Tyrell to kill Kirk is just cowardly. Khan certainly had the ability to kick Kirk's aging ass with his genetically engineered strength and toughness. Why the fuck would he ever opt to have someone else kill him? A fight between Kirk and Khan would have made the movie even more amazing.

Did you not wonder why a Sikh looked and sounded suspiciously hispanic?

That actually raises a good question, you always see the main crew in the same shift, who's in command when they go to sleep?

Are you suggesting Obama should have personally duelled Bin Laden?

Leaders lead, they don't fist fight enemy commanders

>man gets old: the shocking evidence

>tfw no triple shift show

Voyager had Harry Kim taking over the ship at night.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

they have night shift crew

You see more of this in the final seasons of TNG. Worf or Data has the night shift and then hand over to Data or Riker respectively for the day shift.

Crusher sometimes takes the night shift because being the boss makes her nipples tingle.

In general, the episodes are the year's highlight reel, where they have a specific mission for those 20-30 days. So the senior officers are all there because it's important. They avoid the 300+ days of routine patrols and travelling where officers follow an actual watch rotation

>implying that situation is even a billion miles close to the same thing

Get fucking real, man. Khan wasn't the leader of a civilized, democratic nation. He lead a crew of like 30 people and was living in a desolate wasteland for 15 years. The dude was out for blood. There is no logical reason why he wouldn't try tofind his way to meet Kirk, the man who marooned him on Ceti Alpha V, face to face.