How common were black knights in medieval England?

How common were black knights in medieval England?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger
gnxp.nofe.me/2017/08/15/roman-cultural-history-has-almost-no-demographic-imprint/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as common as they are in your mom's cunt

Pretty much everyone in Europe lived their entire lives with never seeing a nigger. Heaven on earth.

Not particularly. I can't think of a single documented case. Certainly the Tudors would have mentioned Richard III having a heathen moor among his retinue.

Well, there was Edward, the Black Prince :^)

Could have just said didn't exist.

There's also William of Smithson prince of the Bells of Air.

Fairly common. The Romans brought in shitloads of black slaves.

funny thing English didnt even know that a monkey was. Or how a french person looks so yea nonexistent. .
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger

Fucking britbongs ruining historical shows.

God damn it

Not as common as the BBC would like you to think.

gnxp.nofe.me/2017/08/15/roman-cultural-history-has-almost-no-demographic-imprint/

I'm ded

WE

First you gotta know what being a knight meant back then.
So yeah, nonexistent.

The aboriginal inhabitants of Europe were BLACK. The white man stole our land.

everyone was black back then, duh

This is a picture of Portuguese explorers visiting Japan in the 17th century. Not medieval, and not England.

>snowniggers
>white
ayy

The only people with a recorded history of black slaves before trans-Atlantic were Muslims, and they were castrated. Look up Zanj for more reading. Slave and black are the same word in Arabic, Abd.

This, we wuz kingz and shit

A full on knight in full plate? Insanely unlikely. You'd have to be part of a big family to afford that. You're not going to have a rich black guy in medieval England fighting for England. There were moors in the country but they were ambassadors or servants. There's also a massive debate about how black the moors were.

Considering the Muslims had conquered Spain in about 711 and a lot of trading was done with the Byzantine empire they were probably very common on trading ships and around the ports. There were most likely more than most people think in the country.

ayo das sum bullsheiiiit romanz wuz blak fukkin cracka

>fighting for England

Wasn't really the same thing as we think of it now. You'd fight for the King or your noble.

So not at all?

That's what really gets me, if he was just a lowly footsoldier then sure maybe that happened but a fucking full blown knight wearing plate armor that cost literally millions back then?

People pay to watch propaganda?

It's a play not a documentary. Richard could be played by Idris Elba and it'd still make sense

No, because it'd be impossible to immerse oneself in the world.

It could happen if you had a sponsor, and then youd fight for his/her colors. Mind you it would still have been exceedingly rare for a nobleman to sponsor a godless moor

Why do you think the moors were turbo negros? the mayority of the conquest territory was spaniards converted to islam only the nobles were arabs

What are you talking about ?
The world for slave is "Hazé" it's like the english word Haze but prounounce the H a la arabe and the E at the end should pronounce like the E in medium

nice

You're underestimating how expensive plate-mail is. The nobles are the only one who would be required to make use of it whilst still affording it.

I've heard that a man getting a sword was the equivalent of buying a car (with no access to credit)

There were no black Knights in medieval England.
There were no black people in medieval England.
Nearly everyone living in England in that time period had never seen and probably never heard of black people except as stories.
Catherine of Aragon had a black trumpet player she brought from Africa as one of her court musicians in the early 1500's. That would probably be the first time that most common people had ever seen a black person.

fucking BBC, they don't even bother hiding it anymore. 15 years ago they did an all black cast broadcast of Richard III but it was fine because it was set in the ghetto and all the niggers were like "bix nood". I thought that was fine at the time but it's a slippery slope

Brits never cared about historical accuracy. I mean, look at Shakespeare's tragedies, they're all wildly inaccurate, even taking into consideration the fact that he had access to fewer sources.

They stopped hiding it a while ago already.

Moors were Berbers and Vandals with an Arab aristocracy, and they almost never traded with the Byzantines, have you ever read the Alexiad? Please source me on sub-saharan blacks in Northern Europe during the 8th century. They would have only been found in Arabian peninsula at the time, and were all castrated servents, and there still weren't more than a few, souce The Sword of Allah, a collection of Muslim battles after the creation of Muhammed.

Don't forget Richard The Goatfucker, the first muslim King of England.

>spanish people never seen blacks
>after 700 years of muslim rule

pick one
even now southern spain is brazil-tier brown

>Muh immersion

It's a play it's under the same obligation to stay historically accurate as A Midsummer Night's Dream

Moors were not sub-saharan Africans.

0%

someone is gonna post a picture of Dumas (a mixed race Frenchman from the 18th century) as indicative of something

>spanish people

close your eyes for a few minutes then reread post you responded to

>There were no black Knights in medieval England.
>There were no black people in medieval England.
>medieval England
>England

>WE WUZ ARABZ N SHEEIT

In this instance the Hollow Crown is a Shakespearean stage play but just set on location. Blacks have been allowed to perform Shakespeare for a while now.

THE BLACK ADDER

I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 1. He probably wasn't landed.

The difference is Shakesphere isn't presented as historical fact like BBC shows are.

>There is evidence of the presence of people from Romanised North Africa in Roman Britain. Archaeological inscriptions suggest that most of these residents were involved with the military. However, some were in the upper echelons of society

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

We have been part of your military and upper class since Roman times. Of course there would have been some black Knights around.
Stay mad racists

I live my life like this as well, when I see once in a year nigger in subway it's like a miracle for me.

i like how you just pulled that out of your ass

>North Africa
>Negroids

Pick one

How common were black Sami in medieval Norway?

Does anyone honestly consider BBC schlock to be historical fact? I think your exaggerating.

Dunno about other BBC shows, but colour is irrelevant where performing Shakespeare stage plays are concerned, regardless of the time period they're set in. This has been the case for decades and people all over the world perform them.

>black Sami
No such thing, it's just a nigger in some furs.

So in a play about slavery it would be okay for white people to play the black slaves then?

Did Shakespeare ever write such a play?

if you write all the history books, you can make them as common as you want them to be
remember, the past doesn't really exist

Very common

Are Sharespeare plays the only plays where it's okay for black actors to play white characters?

So that's a no then.

there were actually black people in rome though

Kids growing up who don't know any better do.

uncalled for user

>Knights

I'm pretty sure black men were never granted nobility or gentry, but blacks have been involved in European military affairs in a small capacity for a long time.

Pic related, a black student of Paulus Hector Mair's fight school in Augsburg, around 1540-1550. Granted, that's not the medieval period, but whatever.

Didn't realize british kids were literally retarded, I live in an intelligent nation where children are taught not to believe everything they see on TV. Maybe instead of changing the TV you should educate your dumbass kids.

>even now southern spain is brazil-tier brown

no, it fucking isn't, and moors were not subsaharans. actual moors were arabs and berbers. a lot of them actually looked white.

Nonexistent. Period. You won't find even one recorded in history.

They weren't, but since England is 80% black and muslim now there aren't as many white extras available nowadays.

Was there really a large population of sub-Saharan Africans? And was it even remotely common for them to achieve middle to high class positions in Roman society?

the fact shakespeare wrote a black guy into his play probably means they were about 10-15% and just diluted into the population over time.

notice how mixed babies are more and more light skinned and not the other way around?

The BBC isn't just some "TV channel", it's the foremost educational media used by british schools

Arabs are not white in the European sense, certain Berbers were but definitely by the 1400s they were mixed to the point the were Arab.

How many black people were there in medieval England?

>Was there really a large population of sub-Saharan Africans?

No. Probably a 1000 black people in the WHOLE Roman Empire (if we exclude the Egyptian border with Nubia where they may have been more).

>And was it even remotely common for them to achieve middle to high class positions in Roman society?
Not possible. There is not a single recorded case of a black "Roman" with high status position in anything.

And yet most white people still weren't dominating the earth and the Arabs kept handing their asses to them. Hmmmmmm.

>alt left detected
Don't you have some bins to smash?

So that's a no then.

Yep, I figured

>most
most white people didn't live just in southern europe lmao

>most
most white people have never dominated the earth at any point in history you silly faggot

Very common. More common than today, in fact. Multiculturalism is not a new concept. Nationalism and racism, however, are.

most white people have never dominated the earth at any point in history you silly faggot

"Dominating the Earth" wasn't possible until the colonization era and Europe certainly dominated the world in every possible means when that happened - diplomacy, warfare, economically. To imply otherwise is retarded.

>trading with the byzantines
They did nothing but pillage coastal villages and try to sack Constantinople user

Arabs invented practically nothing. Anything of value came from either Roman inventions taken, or Greek and Persian converts. There's a reason Islam stopped "progessing" and froze the second they stopped conquering. You're a retard. Even Arabs admit they were backwater people compared to their neighbors.

in fact in convinced that gingers are just albino niggers who managed to survive in isolation/inbreed for like 5000 years.

Not if they had a bunch too.

>implying most people period of any race aren't just trying to get a job and start a family and live a comfortable life
"dominating the world" is a retarded and childish way of putting it teenager boy

And how would you put it, you autistic sperg?

It's company policy to remove as many white people as they possibly can in the BBC. Makes me laugh when a white guy gets sacked since they usually supported it.
You also have to take in mind despite the cash they get they are one of the laziest companies i've ever seen. You can bet every extra you see is a local.

There were probably more woman knights than black knights.

the exact way I just did faggot. Only the elite of any race of people are the ones pulling the strings, "dominating the world"

white people may have benefited from the fruits of colonization, but the stupid monkey tribes that were colonized also benefited by being given the ability to jump forward several hundred years forward in technology. Some random shitters from each side have no relation to each other, they're just trying to live their lives and get by in whatever system they live in.

Incidentally, Aragon lies in modern-day Spain, and that is where Catherine of Aragon came from to England on the described occasion.
How exactly are you disagreeing with his post?