youtube.com/watch?v=IhZEB7BJ9D8

once

there was this girl
who

TO FEED AND SEED

Best part of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=gt9He6c8F9s

HUH-HUH-HUH HUH

I agree that the Hobbit movies are far inferior to the GOAT movie trilogy LOTR, but they're still good looking, fun fantasy movies. But I'm well off so me and my family watch them in our home theatre, which might add a lot to the experience. I feel like it's a lot easier to be unimpressed if you're watching it in an unimpressive set up, like a computer or some midsized tv and especially if without surround sound. With the right set up it's an engrossing, beautiful spectacle. Silly, yes, and at times terrible (the elvish clone wars finale). If your set up is lame then the movies have nothing going for them whatsoever, because they're intended to be experienced more than impressive or entertaining.

I watched them in the fucking cinema. They had shitty effects. The melted gold, the copypasted CGI armies, the shitty CGI orcs. Legolas jumping like a fucking fairy.
They were fucking awful.

the 1st movie was good mostly, unexpected party was absolute kino

I love when they actually put in tolkeins songs

I think you might just care more than me. When I wrap up in a blanket with some coffee and watch them with my family it's always a good time. Like I said, I see where it's inferior, but it's still... I just realized I could have summarized this all a lot quicker if I just said it's /comfy/. That's what it is to me, nothing more, nothing less. Meanwhile, LOTR is both comfy and very impressive. Hobbit could only manage the former, which I know isn't enough for most people, including me initially, but once I get over that, I was able to treat it like dessert rather than a feast.

i have a use for you

>I watched them in the fucking cinema
Jesus fucking Christ, making the faggots that ruined LOTR forever richer.

You should kill yourself

my nigga

I thought The Hobbit trilogy was enjoyable.

the scenes from the books were (although they butchered the spiders in mirkwood)

Bilbo and the dwarfs were well cast, except for fili or whoever it was that fell in love with the elf

Massive problem with the Hobbit trilogy was lack of pre-production whereas they spent like a year prior to LotR just getting everything right. Also, inevitable CGI creep over practical effects and miniatures.

>I'm well off so me and my family watch them in our home theatre, which might add a lot to the experience

my god i hated that fucking shit singing of the shit dwarfs. is it to compensate for their height? fuck why do they begin the audiorape out of nowhere when they end up with like 10 people at a table in little hobbit town?

fucking annoyed me

They sang in the books. A lot. So did everyone in the LotR books. Are you fucking 12?

Forget the over use of CGI in these movies. Why the fuck was that annoying bloom filter on the entire time? That's what makes these movies more atrocious to me than anything else

it was only on the 2nd and 3rd film, but I agree, thats what kills them more than anything for me.

Did they ever explain why the fuck they did it?

why did they cut out so much of mirkwood but add heaps of dumb shit in

It was the best fucking part

Fuck off normalfag

Fuck yourself with your cheeto, faggot. I didn't say I was impressed with the movie or that I only like /comfy/ films, just that this one is a personal indulgence. I've seen just as much Tarkovsky as you, dweeb snob. Kys.

SOME

remember the hype...then the disappointment?

ONCE, THERE WAS THIS KID WHO

That scene gave me chills. Fantasy movie and games have been producing a lot of top notch music the past 5-10 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM