ITT Everything Kubrick

Post images, memes, theories, analyses

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/tTWlw
visual-memory.co.uk/sk/page12a.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do we know he's even dead, has anyone see n his body?

This fat fuck is trash.

theory: self-loathing jew.

kek

is Eyes Wide Shut a good movie or is it just Tom Cruise mugging the camera for 2 hours?

He's in cryosleep

retarded goy

Kubrick was a based alpha

A nigger?

Fantastic director, how bout some film rankings, Lads? For me it's
1. Barry Lyndon
2. The Shining
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. 2001
5. Dr. Strangelove
6. A Clockwork Orange

Haven't seen Spartacus or Eyes wide shut desu senpai, what am I missing

It's a really good movie about Tom Cruise mugging the camera for 2 hours

1. The Shining
2. Eyes Wide Shut
3. 2001
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. Dr. Strangelove

too lazy to dump it

here
imgur.com/a/tTWlw

Spartacus is worth watching but you're not missing out.
EWS is a must

I'd have to go with

1. 2001, Barry Lyndon
2. The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, Eyes Wide shut
3. A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Paths of Glory, The Shining
4. Lolita, The Killing, Spartacus

Thx user

if your 2 favorites are those you are definitely missing out on EWS

He passed on too early

Does AI count as a Kubrick film?

Why are some people convinced he filmed the moonlanding? It can't just be The Shining stuff.

No, he wasn't involved in the production, nor in the filming. I wish he had tho

2001 just looked too good and freaked everybody out. They did do an amazing job with the physics, not just setpieces

Fair enough. All true. But I still see people say that

Probably because he had a camera that was made by nasa

It was the lens, but I get your point

Crashing this thread

With no survivours

What about his death? Was he actually killed or at least threatened because of Eyes Wide Shut?
Or was it something related to the Saturn Cult

lol, forgot pic

>kubrick
>memes
wut

Who's Kubrik

Should've used this one

Because he did....

What does the film say? That people in high places are decadent and deviant? No shit, Sherlock. If you only take the surface level stuff from EWS, then you are missing the point. It's literally the only Kubrick movie that is taken for face value. Just so they have fodder for some shitty illuminati theory.

Maybe I did, but maybe they did too. That's my point

Napoleon should've happened.

I agree

I wish I could see his version of AI, not the crap we got

Well his daughter or wife said he wanted to do a holocaust movie. But he felt that Schindler's List has already knocked it out of the park.

To go from production on that, to a musing on 90s fidelity and unfidelity. It really does seem like EWS should have a deeper meaning.

It's a shame Kubrick used the same naturalistic method to sound as he did to his photography, because the muskets firing blanks with weak charges sound like children's cap guns.

Mofo looks like Prof Arturo.

Are you aware of any forum for in depth discussions about Kurbrick or otherwise film related topics?

Dr. Strangelove has the most kino trailer of all time.

Aronofsky could've been.

Terrence Malick also, but he went off the rails

maybe muskets with shitty homemade ammo aren't as loud as a modern gun with factory precision ammos

Might be true, tho I'm no expert, but that hardly matters

I hated Strangelove. What's with the shitty CGI

I don't. I just take what I can get here.

That's a shame. Thanks

True kino

despite barry lyndon being based on an existing novel and kubrick's screenplay for napoleon being based on historical records the two stories are remarkably similar, to the point where scenes in napoleon are actually repurposed for barry lyndon.

what do you think would've been different about it?

>To go from production on that, to a musing on 90s fidelity and unfidelity. It really does seem like EWS should have a deeper meaning.

it's based on a novel from the 1920s that's about the 1900s and kubrick had wanted to make it since the 1970s. kubrick discussed the original work's timelessness with the co-writer of the screen adaptation. even so, when EWS first came out one of the big criticisms of it was that kubrick was out of touch and the movie's sexual mores were ridiculously outdated (the people who said this were wrong)

Because after the propaganda fueled WW2 and up to the current information age, it was easy af to control information to the public. "Historic records" covering this time period are always going to be met with controversy in the future because it is a time of centralized and heavily controlled propaganda. The truth? What is that? It's whatever the news tells you, and who controls that?

At least now we have a much larger pool of information to keep us informed, but it's still a game of "he said she said".

About AI
His direction obviously, the movie would look nothing like Spielberg's flawed attempt

Pretentious hack
MUH SPACE ODDISSEY LE KINO XDXDXD

There's not enough smoke either.

I wish I could sleep the way Kubrick did. I think his wife said that he slept only 4 or 5 hours a night.

Very original.
Leave

>kubrick holocaust movie

That would have been nice to see. I'm sure he would have presented it in a less bias way, and not the standard Hollywood trope of "supreme evil vs the good guys". Schindler's List basically made it pointless to make one at that time though as it was given tons of attention in the media and basically stands as a "historic" record for the masses, even being shown in history classes to "teach" the kids what those bad germans did. Kubrick was probably aware of what the movie was, but saying anything publicly against it would be absolute career suicide.

Prove me wrong
Pro tip: You can't

They're much louder actually

>even being shown in history classes to "teach" the kids what those bad germans did

Even though the protagonist and hero was a German, and Nazi party member?

whatever. spielberg inherited kubrick's concept art and storyboards and was faithful to them. the moving mastershots spielberg's famous for are in AI, and yeah they're not like how kubrick covered a scene, but they are executed well and help tell the story. there isn't some revelatory different version of AI that would exist with the same material if only spielberg had done a 1:1 job of emulating kubrick (which sounds like the most artistically dull shit ever).

nice digits
1 - eyes wide shut
2 - the shining
3 - 2001
4 - dr. strangelove
5 - barry lyndon
6 - clockwork orange

all of them maybe except spartacus and the ones before it are masterpieces

Nice list

>and was faithful to them
No it wasn't. It was entirely unmemorable except for the ending and the scenes with Jude Law.
The lighting and cinematography make it look like a 90s direct to VHS movie.
Jude is surprisingly good at playing a robot gigolo though.

Real talk, Clockwork Orange its his worst movie literally Tumblr also is fucking overrated.

Yeah. It was bad and Spielberg is a good director. Why do you think it ended up being so bland?

>Kubrick was probably aware of what the movie was, but saying anything publicly against it would be absolute career suicide.

visual-memory.co.uk/sk/page12a.htm

>F.R.: (knowing damn well what he is being urged to get to): Well, there's "Schindler's List," isn't there?

>S.K.: Think that was about the Holocaust?

>F.R.: Wasn't it? What else was it about?

>S.K.: That was about success, wasn't it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. "Schindler's List" was about six hundred people who don't.

With the risk of sounding pretentious, it is really close to visualizing the world that the book created. It's riddled with subtlety and if you embrace the setting, the rest sinks in nicely. It really is great, tho far from his best one

Spielberg never understood Kubrick.
Spielberg makes syrupy blockbusters
Kubrick makes morally ambiguous films shot in a realistic, almost documentary style.
Every spielberg movie has this romantic glorification going on. I don't have the right word to describe it, but it is incompatible with Kubrick's perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY

What would Kubrick think of this?

> The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. "Schindler's List" was about six hundred people who don't.
This is the difference between Stephen and Stanley.

You are absolutely right
> youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY
I remember seeing this before
He truly seems to understand him on a very superficial level
Such a shame about AI.

1. 2001
2. The Shining
3. Barry Lyndon
4. Dr.Strangelove
5. Clockwork
6. Paths of Glory
7. FMJ
8. Spartacus
9. Lolita

Haven't seen EWS and The killing yet.

Perfect. You really should see EWS

>No it wasn't.

yeah it was. i own the fucking making of book with chris baker's art.

1. Barry Lyndon
>just because it's a ritual of mine to watch it every Christmas eve when I go back to my parents house, comfy af
2. 2001
3. Dr. Strangelove
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. Paths of Glory
6. The Shining
7. Eyes Wide Shut
8. Full Metal Jacket

Waiting till I have a gf so we can watch it together.

Why do people on Sup Forums dislike Kubrick and call him reddit?

Legit asking

It does give you that snug and warm sensation. God I love it. It's really humorous as well

no it really wasn't good.
Haley joel osment is good.
Some of the physical effects are good.
Jude Law is good.
I couldn't tell you what else i liked about it. I thought the set design and lighting made it feel like a bad dream, which isn't what i personally want from AI.

For example: The night scenes have a very fake looking lighting scheme that i believe detracts from the overall tone of the movie. In addition, theres this filter Spielberg likes to use where light has a sort of "bloom" effect. a glow around the edges. It works in certain cases, but he uses it like Abrams uses lens flare.

>2001
Seen it
>The Shining
Seen it
>Barry Lyndon
Seen it
>Dr. Strangelove
Haven't seen it
>Clockwork
Seen it
>Paths of Glory
Haven't seen it
>FMJ
Seen it
>Spartacus
Haven't seen it
>Lolita
Seen it

Not sure if you're joking, but not really that type of film tho haha

Not sure, it's confusing, I never see Kubrick thread here tho, that's why I started the two currently open ones
>86950847

>haven't seen ews
it's the only film that matters. i stopped taking film as a serious medium after i saw ews.

Edgy memelords. Ignore them.
Most people realize more or less how important Kubrick was