Was 1984 the most aesthetic electoral map?

Was 1984 the most aesthetic electoral map?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Minnesota,_1984
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>yes

No.

It's tied with the 1972 election

what's with swedes being cucks? pretty sure minnesota has the most swedes

>new york used to have 41 electoral votes
>only has 29 now
JUST

Not really tied the democrats had more in that one then in 1984

It is kinda comfy

or...

And it still has far too many.

only after 1936

Tell me about. I've lived my whole life in Upstate New York and it's depressing just how much this place has turned into a dump.

My horrible state ruins everything

What would you do to fix it?

Yeah I feel bad for you guys up there, hope some tax cuts happen and you could begin recovering
T. Westchester

>implying this is remotely possible

Reagan should have given Minnesota to Canada after that election.

Sure, we need more swedes anyways.

No, neither Republicans nor Democrats are worthy.

As much as I'd like to see manufacturing jobs come back, it probably won't happen. It's hard to compete with third worlders who are willing to work for 5 cents an hour. Right now I think our best bet would be to relax some of New York State's labor laws. But with plans for the minimum wage to go up to $15 by 2020 I think things are just going to get worse.

Thanks, it's nice to see someone from down state who is sympathetic. Mostly you guys call us leeches while we'll call you dumb liberals in retaliation.

Bravo!

Pls nuke the iron range

t. Minnesotan

>back when missouri had 1 more electoral vote
WE WUZ 11 N SHIEET

This

minnesota isn't that bad. I was a conservative minnesotin for a long time, and it is pretty redneck and conservative out in the country. it was not until I started a job at a local ISP until a co-worker led me to some books that truly red-pilled me. the largest issue we are facing right now is somoli immigration under the noses of the people

although I will not lie. plenty of minnesota are embarrassingly blue pilled, and most of the women are feminist social media attention hounds.

Might have to zoom in on Kansas to find Hillary.

How are the amount of electoral votes decided for each state? Why did NY lose electoral votes?

It's going to be even lower next census. Our population is growing way too slow compared to places like Texas or Florida.

Population grew in California, Texas and Florida while population in the 1970s and 80s declined and hardily grown since. Everybody wants to leave.

>Somalians
>come from a dry, arid country almost located on the equator
>hurr durr let's move to Minnesota

I just don't get it.

Mondale came very very close to loosing Minnesota too...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Minnesota,_1984

Landon was the way to go.

Banning zepplin's was a plot by the airline jew.

they are instinctive drawn to the smell of cuck.

like blood to a shark.

trust me, i don't either lol. even recently there have been a lot of blacks moving into white neighborhoods recently. I am in a remote town, and just the other day driving to get lunch I saw four, when a couple years ago you would see none.

Trump would've requested a recount just to win all 50

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. fuck overpopulation

You guys are leeches, but not to the same degree as the scum sucking pet niggers the liberals in the city coddle. At least you guys work and pull your weight best you can, there's not a lot of work there. Doesn't help that we ship the niggers up to shitholes like schenectady on top of holding you hostage politically.

also more votes going to (hopefully) Red states.

The town I live in used to have plenty of factories and business years ago but now it's basically one big slum after they moved out. Same story for many other towns up here

How do unhyphenated Africans and African-Americans get along?

The electors might have just given it to him, its somewhat of a tradition at this point to leave the only unanimous victory with George Washington.

Each state gets a number of electoral college votes equal to the number of seats in the federal Congress (parliament) that it holds. The US congress is bicameral - it has both a Senate and a House of Representatives.

Each state has two Senators, regardless of population. In addition, each state has a number of Representatives roughly proportional to its population.

So California, the most populous state, has 53 Representatives, plus 2 senators; thus, it gets 55 votes in the Electoral College. Wyoming, the least populous state, has 1 Representative but still 2 senators, giving it 3 Electoral College votes.

The Electoral College, thus, gives more populous states more raw power, but on the basis of individual voting power by state, a single Wyoming citizen's vote is equivalent to more Electoral College votes than a single Californian's.

However, both these are moot for those two states, because generally, states award Electoral College votes on a winner-takes-all basis in a First Past the Post system. Thus, some states (like California, New York and Massachusetts) are considered 100% guaranteed for the Democrats, and other states (like Texas, Utah and Alabama) are basically guaranteed to vote Republican. So the only voters whose power matters a damn are those voters in what are called "swing states" - reasonably populous states with 5 to 30 Electoral College votes where the population's political leanings are volatile enough that they can be swung one way or the other in an election.

not sure, not associated

There's a whole refugee settlement deal. It's a federal agency that's existed at least since the Clinton days, perhaps before, and they decide where refugees are allocated and they coordinate aid (read: gibsmedats) for when they actually show up. Back in 1900, basically everyone who immigrated poured into a handful of cities and then spread slowly from there, but they remained mostly concentrated around those cities (and ended up displacing most of the people who once lived there; e.g. when New York wasn't a den of niggers, wops, and Puerto Ricans).

HUD has been ramped up substantially under Obama. Under Clinton and Bush, the extent of it was just the loan opportunity shit they were pushing that was a major part of the housing bubble and the stock market bubble also formed around swapping those PoC mortgage-backed securities. Now, HUD is about expanding section 8 vouchers and allowing low income spics and nigs to move into the suburbs and fuck everything up for normal people. Apparently, the word is it's normal for them to get anywhere from $1000 to $2000 or more in rent assistance depending on where they are in the country.

Hopefully, they start throwing section 8 into the truly posh areas. Fuck the regular suburbs. Let them move past the bog standard middle class and rub shoulders with your doctors, lawyers, politicians, and the like. We'll see how long this shit lasts at that point.

As for why New York may have lost Electoral College votes - every 10 years, the districts of Congressional representation are redrawn. Districts may be added, removed or rearranged to adapt to the shifting centres of population in states and in the country as a whole.

During the time between that election and now, New York's population has declined relative to the rest of the country's. Thus, it lost districts for seats in the House of Representatives, leading to a recalculation of its Electoral College power.

Do you mean Africans that moved to the USA, or blacks in general? From my own anedoctal evidence, Africans that moved to the USA tend to be based as fuck. They're highly well mannered, humble, well spoken, and pretty much white for nearly all intents and purposes.

The head pastor of my church is from Ghana, and is a very well spoken, and all of the pastors have called out SJW and liberal BS nearly every week without fear. One of my good study buddies is a woman from Camaroon, who is highly religious, has a Ph.D in biochemistry, and highly conservative. From my previous university, all of the students from Africa tried to drop their accent as soon as possible and get involved with as much campus life as possible. They also weren't a bunch of liberals either.

I've been in Minneapolis (New Mogadishu) for close to five years and I have never once seen a Somali interact with anyone in a non professional environment. They are literally completely self isolated

thanks lads