Am I the only one who still buys and watches films on DVD? Y-you guys do this too, r-right?

Am I the only one who still buys and watches films on DVD? Y-you guys do this too, r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Frost_(1964_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blu-ray*

Nah.
I'm sorry but there's no reason to.

I get some people like to own vinyls because it's a beautiful object and the sound is different.

But BR and DVD really have nothing to offer. It's just a plastic disc in a cheap plastic case, and the image is no better than a digital copy.

except that the blu-ray library is shit compared to dvd. You can't even watch movies like True Lies on Blu-ray. What a cuck format. DVD is objectively superior in content

>People will pay top dollar for rare physical media
>Said items appreciate in value over time
>Your digital media is worth jack shit yesterday, today and tomorrow

I tend to buy boxsets because I like the idea of extra content which you wouldn't necessarily get streamed, and it usually has more reliable subtitles (I can only watch things with subtitles because I'm a foreignfag who can't follow speech)

I only buy blu-ray, but I happily watch both formats.

I don't buy anything since like 1999
I pirate everything and I don't have a DVD drive in my PC since like 2007.

I stream on Netflix, bruh.

>keep your pokemon cards, son, they'll be worth a lot in the future!

Literally you. Ignorant fool.

post moar

>But BR and DVD really have nothing to offer. It's just a plastic disc in a cheap plastic case, and the image is no better than a digital copy.

Objectively false.

here

I don't think cheap plastic bluray shit will be worth anything in the future.

blu-ray player can play dvds as i know

if you're a DVD collector (attracted by the slight differences in content and extras for various releases) the future will probably be a paradise for you. That shit is becoming worthless.

keep 'em coming

>and the image is no better than a digital copy.

so when people say this am I to assume that means you guys actually download 30 gig rips of every movie you watch that is available on blu ray?

how do you store all of that on your computer?

I get dvd's of stuff that aren't on blu-ray

I have a walmart within walking distance of my house so every once in awhile I have a few drinks, take a walk and browse the $5 dvd bin.

why? I hope you're not masturbating dude.

most rips in good quality (at 1080p and DTS sound) are at around 9 - 13+GB.
Its not that big and Harddrives are cheap nowadays.

that's some really terrible pushup form

what else you expect from woman?

>watching 9-13 gig rips of blu rays that are generally 20-25 gigs in size

yeah, you're not watching the same quality mate.

i like to go to PREX and buy used dvds for cheap. its a better experience than at my desk with my laptop.

it is the same quality, its just the movie minus the other unneccessary shit from the blu ray like a billion different subs, dubs, bonus scenes etc.
also every movie is different in its quality to begin with, they're not all at a default size of 25GB, filesize depends on lenght and lots of other stuff.

there is also things like some blu ray versions of movies don't offer a DTS sound while the old DVD version does and some uploader goes through the work and combines the good sound with the good picture quality resulting in a version that is unique and not available to buy. pirating is superior to buying.

>1080p
>good quality

Is this bait?

I don't even have an optical media player in my home anymore.

no bait, whats you complaint about 1080p?

Yeah, dvds are cheap and I already had a collection going before blu-ray was even a thing.

Whose ass is that, bruh?

I legitimately have not bought physical media of any kind, except books because having a nice home library is my major vanity, since like 2004

I buy DVDs of things that aren't out on Blu Ray and I don't suspect will ever be. I think the last one I bought was Mopoзкo.

No it’s not, for most blurays just the video file and a single DolbyHD/DTS HD track is 25-50GB. I’ve ripped a lot of blurays and compressed them down to 10-15GB for storage reasons and to stop plex shitting the bed at high bitrates.

its all the same cunt

I bought A Knight's Tale on DVD because the Blu-ray has none of the special features, no commentary, and no deleted scenes

The biggest advantage you have to using a DVD or a Blu-Ray player is both of these adhere to a standard. If you are interested in achieving the greatest picture quality you will have a home set up which is calibrated to the same standard.

When you pirate something you don't know how the uploader has altered it and it may diverge from that standard.

However, as has already been mentioned, there are some pirate releases which have better quality than any commercial release.

I watch my videos in the highest quality I can reasonably obtain. If that is a DVD, so be it. Although I prefer to use a lossless rip of the DVD video files rather than an actual disc.

Most of the time if there is not a blu-ray release there will be an HDTV version that is superior to the DVD.

Sometimes Blu-rays have incorrect colors.

*sigh*

Google images is telling me it's Maria Rya, is that right?

The remaster is done but Cameron or Fox doesn't want it to be released

the difference is still not that big. sometimes I download the untouched bluray for shits and giggles but I really don't see that much of a difference so I'd say 9-13GB is the gold standard right now when it comes to pirating.
I also don't need the movie in 4 different languages.

yes

>is both of these adhere to a standard
but they really don't.
like I said before the quality of sound and video is completely different on every disk, even with major releases where you would expect a better quality are not safe from this.

>When you pirate something you don't know how the uploader has altered it and it may diverge from that standard.
really depends where you look and download from but usually everything that was changed is mentioned.

i bet you're one of those fags that thinks he can tell FLAC from mp3

best poster

Just noticed Split Second is on Blu ray now causing the dvd price to plummet to about 25% of what it used to be worth ($100+)

the Rutger Hauer kino?

>but they really don't.
Quality != standard.

When you have a set up that adheres to an established standard you and you see a shitty video you know it's the video and not your own fault somewhere in the video chain.

That's the girl from MST3K Jack Frost.

That's the movie I'm referring to: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Frost_(1964_film)

I also have Final Justice on DVD, great films.

Nice