40s/50s los angeles

What are some other movies that portray 1940s/50s Los Angeles, like Chinatown, LA Confidential, and the first 30 minutes of The Godfather?

Note, im not looking for movies set in Los Angeles FROM the 40s/50s, more of a retroactive look at the city. Faux noir i suppose

bump

The Two Jakes
Devil in a blue dress
mullholland falls

thanks my man

But...why not just watch the movies made in the 1940s/50s? They were good movies.

don't fucking watch the two jakes

It's a fine movie, just don't think of it as having any connection to Chinatown. It's better that way.

This movie is amazing, if you can find it.

It's more 60's, but check out Streets of Fire

This is way worse than it has any right to be.

who framed roger rabbit, but that is closer to the 20s/30s than the 40s/50s

It's literally set in the 1940's and was originally written as a sequel to Chinatown

I can't believe how many times I've seen Cast A Deadly Spell but have never heard of this.

It was an HBO original movie, one of the first they did if I'm not mistaken.

Also, what's really cool is I recommended Witch Hunt but I've never heard of Cast a Deadly Spell.
Are we best friends now?

Seriously, I'm looking forward to watching Witch Hunt now. Thanks user.

before it got overrun by filthy niggers and beaners?

I love Josh Brolin

Is this worth seeing?

Emma Stone in 1950s sexy minx outfits says yes in all seriousness it's nothing special but looks pretty

I was so pumped for that movie and it's fucking terrible.

have you seen la confidential?

don't bother, it's a cheap knockoff of LA Confidential. Just rewatch LA Confidential, it's one of the greatest films ever made

is 30s too far back

why does this movie have such bad reviews?

I thought it would have been rated as one of the classics of the 90s

Pic related is so underrated AND it has prime Jennifer Connelly.
Don't do it. One of the biggest disappointments of the decade and a complete waste of a good cast.

Sunset ave is great

I agree, Two Jakes is awful

pretty meh and forgettable
but not terrible either