ITT: Books and authors that have changed your perspective

ITT: Books and authors that have changed your perspective.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mahsl6lhsjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 mein kampf

I've read Evola, Wittgenstein, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Dostoevsky, Sartre, Tolstoy, DFW, Hesse, and many many more.

To this day, I still believe Atlas Shrugged has been the most impactful book to me.

Its philosophy and story still holds weight today and I still try to uphold the virtues outlined in that book.

Where Evola outlines a problem, Rand outlines a solution.

Hemingway had a fairly large impact in my life.

From a literary standpoint, back when I read him frequently, I appropriated his style.

From a more abstract perspective, I found his books (and his short stories especially) to be inspiring yet heartfelt, and full of symbolism.

Also, as a Cuban-American, I'm genuinely curious as to what he liked so much about Cuba, and how the island would be today if things had continued along that path.

Evola and Rand are absolute opposites. Rand was strictly a materialist, and the NAP is an absolute contradiction of what Evola idolized. In Revolt Against the Modern World, Evola praises the Aztec civilization for its traditions, one of which being that a new ruler must expand the empire in duty to a Solar deity.

I more or less argue for libertarianism around normies, because they can't even begin to comprehend a greater world than themselves, and it benefits the few sane people in the world the most. So I'm glad we have that in common.

>mfw I got drunk and started ranting about sovereignty and tradition around my normie friends
I-it's just a prank guys

Ken Wilber

Is it just me or does Japan and the East in general have more respect for tradition though? Don't a lot of you still pray at shrines to local mountain deities and whatnot? That's the kind of religion I want to thrive, one that is connected to a people and a land.

Moldbug changed my life. UR was like if your brain had been told the corn syrup it was drinking was water all along and then someone hands you a cold glass of actual water one day for the first time.

Yeah, Japan was in fact one of the last traditional monarchies to fall to the forces of the Kali Yuga. Tradition still lingers here.

>evola
>anything but trash betas read to try and seem manly

no

youtube.com/watch?v=mahsl6lhsjs

Revilo P. Oliver

lol

Oh boi

In the off chance someone has given this thing a semi-serious read. When Turner is introduced to The Order the give him a book to read simply referred to as "The Book" which is kind of the group's bible and he sees everything in a new light after finishing it. At first I thought they were talking about Mein Kampf but the dates they mention don't add up so it'd have to be a recent (for then) publication. Anyone have any idea what text they're talking about?

The Koran

My nigga

based author.

The book is heavily didactic (there's a long early passage emphasizing skills tradesmen are likely to have as invaluable) so he's probably not thinking of any particular or existing book, but suggesting a centralized indoctrination text.
There is an eerily prescient scene in a cafe where all the patrons and waitresses -- not necesarily in sympathy with the terrorists -- are talking about how the news is all lies and the government is garbage.

Not even joking, learning of him and his world made me much more of a traditionalist.

And, of course, Evola's books, Mein Kempf and Leon Degrelle's books.

this one?

Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Max Stirner, Max Weber, Alasdair MacIntyre, Unabomber, Moldbug, The Last Psychiatrist, Wittgenstein, Carl Jung, Montaigne, Voltaire.

They all changed my perspective, none are wholly agreeable - that is the wrong approach to learning.

>ITT: Books and authors that have changed your perspective.
i know this thread is about books but so much of what i have read in books has been shattered by shit i've read on the internet. i've come to believe that books are the ultimate bluepill. books are sanctioned by elites as having the correct opinion and agenda.

can anyone honestly say that a single author or book has been more eye-opening than what they have read online? if so then you could probably summarize the most profound shit in a couple of sentences and it's probably something i have already read online.

Jonathan Livingston seagull.

>books are blue pill

yep all of philosophy, documented biology, it's all just one big blue pill.

The moat of ignorance

Santiago taught me more about life than any "self help" book ever could.

Are you really
> implying
That all books are leftist propaganda?

the point of reading books is to connect with ubermensch across the ages

swallowing silly internet redpills doesn't even come close

>So you were born to feel 'nice'? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don't you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you're not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren't you running to do what your nature demands?

1984 for the simple fact that I read it when I was 14 and had no idea books could be like that.

House of Leaves because it was a unique challenge with a lasting impact.

Hemingway for his portrayals of masculinity, as well as me being able to relate to his characters and themes more so than other authors.

Neitzche because it opened the door to exploring ideas.

The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom

social darwinism and memetic theory

well he was a cathoic traditionalist, but his works became just a product in a materialist world with no depth for the normies

Bork was a true genius

Mein Kampf is actually a really good book

Its a huge read, im a little afraid to start it

>pic related

I read Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.
Not played the game.
I read the fucking books Its 3 of them.

After reading it, it solidified what honor is and the nature of people, the changing nature of politics and last but, not least.

>The long united must divide, the long divided must unite.

Burgess' 1985 should be obligatory Sup Forums reading.

>flag
>books are blue pilled
Yep. Checks out.

We need more esoteric Hitlerism.

Based choice. Him and Kinsella and Rothbard are like going out of the cave and seeing the light. Moldbug as well.

Curious. What's this about?

Not entirely true. If it weren't for the movies, I would have never really gotten to reading the book itself. Although I suppose I could have stumbled upon the book anyway when I was older.