Based Camdaddy

Based Camdaddy

variety.com/2017/film/news/james-cameron-wonder-woman-praise-misguided-step-backwards-1202538440/

why don't you paste the article here, dum dum

You do understand that he is wrong, right?
Like he literally fucked up his own argument by from the get go.

Is he /ourguy/?

yeah Sarah Conner was so good in comparison and you're totally not just shilling for the T2 theatrical re-release, Jimmy boy

What is this nigga smoking? Every female character this hack has ever made has been a sexy mary sue.

>Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit.

>Woman can only be strong if they have nothing else going for them

Bravo James

Hey Patty! Didn't know you browsed Sup Forums

I like the fact that Neytire's race doesn't needs tits but he literally had to have the tits on the character...'''''''''feminist''''''''' men are scum.

>if a woman wants strength, sacrifice should be expected
What is wrong with this?

iron jim is 100% right

I think his point is that Sarah Conner was human she had human problems and flaws but despite that she was still respectable and a strong woman. Wonder woman is a literal god who can seemingly turn the tides of wars. I'd say Sarah Conner is far more relatable and in a certain sense stronger than wonder woman.

It's almost as if a superhero is superhuman

That not all characters need to be the same, this is what he is arguing for.
He basically thinks every female character needs to follow his formula.

yeah and superman or batman have never been popular characters

No he isn't, he's saying Sarah Conner is better than Wonder Woman and that's absolutely true. I don't understand how that's up for debate. Even at a capeshitter's best, the character is built for the Sonic the Hedgehog audience. Everything Sarah has become in T2 is a result of the choices she made or the situations she was in.

Yes? I don't know what you aim to prove? If your point is the wonder woman writers had an unfair handicap I suppose I agree. Although I don't see how that changes my point.
I never commented on their popularity I just said Sarah Conner was more relatable.

stop saying Conner, faggots.

>durrrrrr uhhhhhh whats the context of this thread

Conner? I hardly know 'er!

It's not even about "better". He's saying Wonder Woman is NOT feminist character (it's a step backward) and then he throws up Sarah Connor's flaws as his argument, as if being ugly and a bad mother somehow makes you more legitimately feminist. It's the equivalent of saying a feminist shouldn't wear high heels or makeup. Feminism is about woman making their own choices, owning their identities and taking action. That's it. Wonder Woman does that. James Cameron is wrong.

He never says the word feminist once. He just says she's the same banal female character Hollywood always makes and now they're congratulating themselves for it. That is correct, she is a simple, vapid character but now the state of society is all YAAS QUEEN YAAAAAS. At least Sarah Conner reflects and is reflected by the world around her. Wonder Woman is just thrown into a setting and capeshits around.

My bad, you're right he's not actually talking about feminism. Just "my character is better than yours" but capeshit is pretty low hanging fruit for that so whatever

I hate how they treat Wonderwoman as if it's the first female action lead or something.

Also, didn't a bunch of cunts get butthurt because her armpits were shaved or something like that?

Wonderwoman is a nice film but everyone treats it like it's th best fucking movie ever. It's still capeshit.

>Feminism is about woman making their own choices, owning their identities and taking action, and then blaming men when it all goes wrong.

Fixed that for you

B A S E D

upboated!