Why does R&M suck now?

What the fuck happened to this fucking piece of shit? Season 1 and 2 were so good but then suddenly BAM! PURE FUCKING SHIT! It went down the drain so quickly, why???? I want to know, what the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what the fuck happened?
you became even more cynical and insecure than you already were

Nope, I've re-watched 1 and 2 a couple times. Season 3 is absolute garbage.

the people who made it realized that they could get more success by simplifying the characters and dumbing down the messages and turning the show into a 100% meme factory for redditors

havent watched season 3

should i just ignore it and walk away? is it that bad?

So pretty much any animated series since The Simpsons? Each one became shit once they found their "audience".
>SpongeBob was supposed to end after the movie so it didn't get "too big"
>Family Guy was brought back via DVD sales
>Horse show got an unexpected fandom
>Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Star VS slowly went downhill due to pressure to make better episodes
>Ben 10 has unlimited remakes
>Steven Universe found acclaim from Tumblr
>TTG! played into its backlash

The list goes on and on, it's why I left Sup Forums long a/co/.

It was never good. You just outgrew it.

Well if you ask me, yes. But you should at least try out a couple episodes before judging it. Who knows, it might be your kind of thing because I feel like I'm in a little bit of the minority with this opinion

>now

Yeah it's true but It just sucks that it happened so quickly with Rick and Morty. A=Most of those shows in your list were good for quite a few seasons but this one just went right to shit in season 3

season 2 was pretty shit too. 3 is obviously worse but not by much.

Season 2 definitely wasn't as good as 1 but I wouldn't call it shit. It had a lot of funny episodes

PICKLE RICK and Noop Noop saying GAH DAMN!!!1!!1! Haha so funny :P I'm gonna say that xD *drool leaking out of mouth* God not real! Science!

This was the best episode of the season. desu one of my favorites of the whole show.

stop being a contrarian

they coped out of the galactic federation arch

This. I've only watched two episodes of R&M the last one being the pilot. How did people think that was worth watching? Just watch Bob's Burgers. It might not be spectacular but still miles ahead of Rick and Morty.

Bob's Burgers is at least as faithful as King of the Hill. Always reliable.

>I enjoyed the last episode so you're being a contrarian

Tonight's episode fucking sucked and it's the reason I made this thread

Is Bob's Burgers really that good? The art style always really turned me off from the show but I love KOTH, so if it's as good as that I'll check it out sometime

he new ep actually has a really good pacing. I dind't even feel the 20 min past.

Harmon put women in the writer's room after all the shit Lazlo got over gender inequality

the show hasn't recovered

Tonight's episode was good without pointless memes like Pickle Rick

We're 6 episodes in and I saw the first, pickle rick, and today's episode.

How were the other 3?

old meme is already old

It was always shit you fag.

BB is KOTH 2.0

Hm well that's good to hear. I'll give it a try

They ran out of sci-fi ideas to rip off and now all they have is character interaction/fake drama. Not their strongest shit now that Dan Harmon gets to decide what goes in the script, and hired shitty writers on purpose because he's a sexist faggot.

It made me feel physically sick. It straight up admitted that the status quo will never change, and that the whole point of the characters' dynamic is built on their flaws. It was the literal God's Not Real Morty episode, and it was done without memes.

In short, for better or worse it perfectly embodies the whole show. So objectively yeah, it was done well. It's just that to paraphrase a line from the episode itself, what's done well by the show's standards makes me cringe.

>fake drama

It really isn't, because when your show's whole point is to spam the message that all drama is fake and meaningless over and over again then nobody's going to care what happens next.

Rick literally made Morty's life objectively worse just to maintain the show's premise.

We all know the answer to this, quit trying to fucking dance around the issue:

D I V E R S I T Y
H I R E D
F E M A L E
W R I T E R S

Which wouldn't even be an issue if any of them had proven themselves artistically before this point.

It's difficult to pinpoint exactly why this season feels weaker than its predecessors. I think a big part of the humor of the show comes from defying expectations of how conflicts resolve. Every animated show with an insular format requires a status quo to be maintained so that viewers don't need to have seen previous episodes to understand what's going on. R&M turned this idea on its head by making the characters not better for having experienced their adventures but worse, the salient example being Rick Potion #9. The writers are still maintaining this device in the new season but in doing so they've created a new trope to anticipate which is the subversion of the happy ending. It feels sort of like watching the same magician perform the same stage act again and again: I understand the three acts of the trick so I'm no longer seduced into creating an expectation of how things will play out by "the pledge" so instead I find myself looking at the "the turn" and thinking about how "the prestige" is never going to be the obvious eventuality that they wanted me to anticipate by buying into "the pledge".

The female writers can't write funny jokes so they supplement it with intense gore and violence.

good luck to all of you and your "totally heterosexual" "aryan" fantasies

continuity isn't new in adult animation

I'm not saying it is, but you can't deny that shows like the Simpsons and KOTH set a precedent for a storytelling formula and gave viewers an expectation of how things would progress which also gave the writers an opportunity to exploit that expectation to great humorous effect. I'm speculating that now that that betrayal of expectations is the norm for the show, we viewers can kinda see around the bend, so to speak.

SORRY FOR PICKLE RICKING

It isnt shit with the one and only genius character design of PICKLE MOTHERFUCKING RICKKKKKKKKKKKK

Will I get a girlfriend in 2017?

Will I lose my virginity this fall

The Pickle Rickining will begin now.

Will I be a famous actor one day?

women writers

will i die of cancer?

Will I make a lot of money?

gee eff?

American Dad got better when it decided to not be another Fanily Guy though

Femcuck liberals.

Hey, if you want your meaningless confederate and Columbus statues torn down, then you need to sacrifice entertainment too.

You can't build a new world, without tearing the old one down. Blame yourself.

>It's popular now it suck (also a website that is not Sup Forums now like the series)
Pull the trigger

DUDE WOMYN ARE NOT FUNNY LMAO ITS JUST LIKE SOUTH PARK SEASON 20
Fuck this meme

will I ever get a giant gf?

I'll preface this post by saying I've never seen a full episode of Rick and Morty. I've seen clips online and honestly I don't think it would be for me although I'd be perfectly happy to give it a chance should I find time to do so. I have no hatred for Rick and Morty fans in general; if you enjoy the show and want to talk about it then that's good for you. With that being said, the inane motherfuckers that are filling every fucking discussion online with "PICKLE RIIIIIICK" don't deserve to live. Having seen this crap fifty billion and fucking one times already, I decided to watch some clips of PICKLE RIIIIIIICK online and I can't fathom why the fuck anyone would be so obssessed with it. The skit on its own isn't particularly funny or clever and sure as shit doesn't deserve to be shared in every fucking corner of the internet, without relevance or further substance. In fairness to PICKLE RIIIIICK, this isn't the only instance of intelectually devoid retards doing everything they can to ruin some perhaps otherwise pleasant things. Bacon and nutella are other examples of things that have been so oversaturated online that I find myself taking slightly less fucking enjoyment indulging in now. Yes, you morons, we get it. Bacon and nutella taste great. Stop fucking mentioning it in every comment, video and eulogy to dead relatives. To paraphrase Maddox, I guess I have one thing to thank PICKLE RIIIIIICK for. It makes for a great idiot barometer.

don't trust Sup Forums's meme """"""opinions""""""" and judge it yourself
remember this is the board that unironically loves capeshit now

I thought the new dynamic between morty and rick was getting interesting I was hoping to see new morty build confidence and become a real dickweed to rick and just reverse roles.

At least the show brings to light some honest truths about how the world works.

"Should I go?"
"You are you're own person."
"I think I will stay."

Too true with women lol.

I feel like half the episodes are amazing, hilarious and creative and the other half are absolutely fucking terrible

>Season 1 and 2 were so good
it was always shit you reddit subhuman.

Does G*d exist?

It doesnt suck. Newest episode was great. Thats 4:2. Make the math bitch.

As it grew in popularity the writers began watering down anything that might seem controversial and filled the gaps with pseudointellectual humor. This is exactly what happened with Sherlock. It's a process known as redditification

The creator of Gravity Falls was pressured into Season 2, and wanted to finish at Season 1. While I do enjoy Season 2, and enjoyed the ending, Season 1 was better in multiple ways

They just aired the best episode of the show. It was a real sci-fi story this week, and a damn good one. If you think seasons 1 and 2 were great, but 3 is garbage, you're probably just dumb.

What did you think was pseudo intellectual about it?

I thought that was just me! I'll copypasta what I posted on another thread?

Is it just me or this series is going downhill with all the exposition and gore stuff?

Do you think that the characters are changing fundamentally, like, they are being sadistic and killers, instead of having a somewhat justifiable ethical twist to excuse what they are doing?

The third season is really strange, it's feeling just like Simpsons.

It's feeling like Nu Simpsons but with gore, catchphrases and exposition.

Only good part was the drone voltron

What's happening with the Dan Harmon stuff?

I'm new to this. Are they changing the staff?

Dark comedy just meshes well with sci-fi. and dan harmon is amazing with character development

youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY

The show hired girls to fill some of the writers chairs (no one big left, just standard stuff for tv shows) so now those weirdos who hate girls(I don't know what else to call them, you know who i'm talking about, those few loud people who yell when girls acheive stuff(cuz girls are never as good as guys)) are calling him a cuck and acting like the episodes they wrote are bad. Which is dumb, season 3 has been pretty good so far, the latest maybe being my favorite of the whole show.

>Being this insecure

they doubled their writing team but filled it with random women diversity hires instead of good writers that care about the show.

In the second episode of s3 one of the writers literally wrote herself into the show and made herself smarter than Rick.

Can I stick you inside my butt xd

They are feeling sadistics, not like defending themselves/their family like in the first two seasons.

Morty just deformed Summer's exboyfriend, just because he dumped her.

It really reeks of female writers.

But how come is this series feeling so bad?

They've changed something. It's obvious.

Name one good female writer ever

tina fey

Maybe you just kinda grew out of it? R&M is very much my kind of show, and honestly season 3 is just as good.

Pam Brady is one of the funniest writers alive. Maybe watch more shit before making stupid statements. Like shit, I was replying to someone else, and you distracted me from it by being so dumb to not appreciate Pam Brady.

I don't think you actually think it's shit. I think you're just looking for some validation from the 30-60 collectivist-minded posters that'll engage this thread acting as if they have the entirety of the "anonymous army" at each of their backs, validating their fabricated hatred of a show they only decided to watch so as to imbibe in the mindless culture of being a part of something contrarian and "highbrow".

You're not highbrow for hating this show, and you made this thread knowing that there's a culture on Sup Forums dedicated to mindlessly calling every aspect of this show "reddit", utilizing it as a transition into the denunication of all things "SJW"-- because what's really happening here is a bunch of white guys, alongside a statistically guaranteed series of brainwashed self-hating minorities, feeling powerless and disenfranchised in life by proxy of a series of isolated incursions of radical outliers, decided to congregate and cherrypick random bullshit to hatejerk eachother off with.

This shit is dumb
Think for yourself you faggot, fuck what any of these anonymous queers think about this show. It's not that bad

This thread has been made so many fucking times in the past six months to a year, alongside all of the capeshit threads, game of thrones threads, whatever. You're just adding to the regurgitation

Is this bait?

Episode 3 was atrocious

This episode was mean spirited and ugly. I'm also tired of every episode having someone yelling, crying, arguing, etc. it wasn't this way in the first two seasons. This show just isn't fun any more. It's unpleasant garbage.

Dunno, season 2 had really bad episode which were worse than any which I've seen from season 3 so far. It went downhill after season 1.

I said season 3, but pickle rick was fucking great. The show is the same, its you thats changed. Or you hate character development, in which case you really should watch dan harmon shows.

Will I be a billionaire?

will i ever find happiness?

tell me now

ANSWER ME NOW

This show tanked after just two seasons

FUCK YOU PICKLE RICK, YOU'VE WRONGED ME FOR THE LAST TIME

honestly its that but its also just adult swim not having the resources imo. they need all the writers they can get. they need an army of writers. how many do they have? you can have women writers, fine. but what you need is a lot of writers.

The quality of the show hasn't changed.

You've either just gotten annoyed with the fanbase because it's popular and you want to seem like a hipster, or you've outgrown the humor in the show.

Venture Bros has been doing continuity like this for well over a decade. Difference is that every single episode of the Venture Bros has been written by the the two creators of the show and they always take as long as they want to to write the seasons. That's why that show has been incredibly consistent throughout all these years while Rick and Morty has felt like it peaked with season 1.

What are you on about? The show was always shit. I'm just surprised it took you this long to realize it.

>what the fuck happened?
Female writers happened

Too many intelligent people, apparently.

Why does Sup Forums suck now? Because half the threads are started by edgelords whining about GoT and Rick and Morty

>season 1-2
>full male cast
>season 3
>females get hired
HMMMMMMM

Excellent original opinions and discussion

The only good episode so far has been Pickle Rick, and the bit where you realise Rick is talking about that random janitor guy in the justice league episode. It's like watching a tv show that has depression. It's like what the Simpsons was like after 12 seasons but somehow managed this after just 2. It's a tv show on autopilot.

Wtf is wrong with Harmon? It's the exact same thing as what happened with Community.

This show used to be the feels on wheels man.

I loved Rick and Morty, I can't even tell you what it meant to me when Morty said, "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, every body is going to die."

Now all I hear, is I'm Pickle Rick...bring back the feels guys.

Please remove your head from your ass

No. The humor has changed and you're too much of a mouth breather to notice