Was it just me or did all of the events in this season of GoT feel rushed as fuck...

Was it just me or did all of the events in this season of GoT feel rushed as fuck? Was it because of the shorter season that they had to jam so much shit into each episode? If so why the fuck did they decide to have only 7 episodes this season?

It's definitely not just you.
This show died a few years ago.

Literally everyone thought this

Salaries keep going up as the show gets bigger

What went wrong?

But how does that explain why everything felt rushed? And surely as the show gets bigger so does it's budget to offset the more expensive salaries... Lastly one would think they would have gotten the actors under contract so they wouldn't have to worry about their salaries inflating too terribly...

It is rushed as fuck. I just watched episode 2 last night and was like wait why the fuck are the Tyrells already with Khaleesi and everyone's on board??
Also the editing felt very cut, and they forgot to add music for a few scenes which felt odd as this show had music in all scenes usually. Then suddenly Euron shows up and goes Pirates of the FingFangFoom. It's starting to get bland as fuck and boring.
This show killed most of his best characters, and i feel like Lord of the Vale will be misused again. (Yes i read spoilers by mistake, don't tell me)

The show died at the end of season 4 along with Tywin

They killed Charles Dance on the toilets...talk about a humiliating scene...

It was the last good season. Since then
>arya's story went to shit
>tyrions story went to shit
>jaimes story went to shit

pretty much everything went to shit

Pretty much.

That was when the source material became weaker (A Storm of Swords was the peak IMO) and harder to use since the books were divided by geography.

When they ran out of source material completely they were abandoned and the fat man just gave DyD the main ideas or plot points and DyD's execution was obviously shit but GoT was a full meme now and they had to keep churning out those plot tweests that made the series famous.

What's crazy is after they went totally off the books on their own it just feels like they don't actually understand the books at all. How could they work on the series so long and not actually get it?

I mean they actually portray Arya, a poor girl who's lived a life filled with tragedy and then turned into an assassin by a fucking death cult as "a badass". Being a murderer is not badass, Martin never uses violence to make the reader think a character is badass violence is consistently portrayed as something horrific and bad.

>What went wrong?
No more books to copy material from. Gotta pull shit out of their asses and give everyone teleportation.

I never liked Arya. Some women i guess see her as the underdog heroine, but she's boring as fuck and it feels like she's dead inside. I think she's gonna die.
Tyrion's story definitely went to shit. Killing his father to free himself, then i don't want to be king syndrome, now just a good counselor...yeah good dog, tyrion. Sit now.
Jaimes story could have been interesting if at some point he actually decided against his sister but they kept pushing that he still "loves" her...and i never really believed it for some reason. She certainly does not care about him anymore.

Yes, the Faceless Men have more depth in the book and Arya is a bit different. I thought those chapters were too long end eventually became boring but it wasn't like in the show.

They just went for the cliche stuff and it's just le edgy assassin cult and Arya is now a psycho bitch nothing personelling everyone she doesn't like.

You're saying you never liked Arya but then just describing how she is now... her scenes traveling with the hound were pure kino.

And yes Jaime would be better if he stopped being cucked by his sister, you know like what happens in the books

Nah, i thought the Hound would be used in a better way, that he somehow would open up a bit. I didn't like her, even from the start.

I tried to read the beginning once and felt it was not well written.

>I thought he'd open up
So you just didn't watch the scene where he tells her about his brother?

it died the minute D&D decided they couldn't handle Tyrion's whole character motivations after he kills Tywin

7 episodes for a series season is fucking ridiculous.
Even 10 was pushing it pretty hard.

For me, it died with Stannis death. Really great acting from him in his last episodes.

>implying show stannis was ever good
He had a good actor but the character was handled so poorly on the show he might as well have not existed

It happens in every show. It happened in Breaking Bad I remember. I think they start off pretty open ended about how long the show will go on. Then they get a timeframe to wrap it up set in stone and they have to catch everything up.

> Giant hole in it's neck, and insides blown out.
> Still able to shoot blue fire.

for real

They threw this show in the dumpster.

If you read the season 8 spoilers you already know next season is going to be shit.

There isn't enough time for character building, and introducing a tool that becomes very important.