10/10 Special Effects

I need more examples of only the best special effect to ever grace television or film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GuDKElFcm1E
youtube.com/watch?v=KPxTVJWkbX4
youtube.com/watch?v=_XvYq8i6_9o
youtube.com/watch?v=6Aj3D-VQCBk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>American """art"""

That's clearly a very poor example that you chose ironically.

For the year it was made it was actually pretty decent.

This. Also looked better before the HD remaster.

Before CGI was so rampant, it was cool just for the novelty of it. No one cared if it "looked fake" because intelligent people understand that movies are fiction and that's okay.

Nowadays practical effects are treated with the same novelty that CGI once was. Funny that.

>This. Also looked better before the HD remaster.

This happens a lot. Older movies or tv shows where the effects looked acceptable on a low res small TV but when you blow it up in HD the flaws really show.

>tfw even though I'm getting good at noticing "bad" special effects they'll never be truly bad to me, I just have that ability to look past them
Die Another Day was a fucking blast when I got around to watching it after years or hearing how horrible it was because of its effects and shit. CGI or whatever shit is never what ruins movies for me, it just makes some boring movies even worse, it can't ruin a decently fun movie on its own imo.

someone post moar

The Flash is genuinely a very fun and heartwarming tv show, but what the fuck is up with this? I'm trying to jump through logical hoops to explain how it works.

sauce?

And the effects there aren't actually bad, just the logic behind it I guess...

>Practical effect always look bett...

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Its from The Flash.

I love that one second delay when gray Hulk knees Superman on the ground.

That's not a practical effect.

the flash is the most fucking retarded show i've ever seen in my life

>This is not from the work print release

Its glory wouldn't fit in a webm. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the one and only Card Scene.

youtu.be/GuDKElFcm1E

Well except it is, it's a model. That's why it looks odd, it has weight but because it's smaller than a real car and doesn't have enough weight to look realistic.

Best CGI to date.

Why can't DC into effects?

It's CGI that's so poorly animated that it appears to be a Hot Wheels car at first. If you pay attention and know what you're looking for, though, you can see it's bad CGI.

Except their have been interviews with people who worked on it confirming it's a model.

Well, except it's not, because that's not what that means. You're a fucking idiot, pure and simple.

Fuck, really? Did they transition it into a CGI version part-way through? Or covered over it with CGI? There are bits of it that just don't move any way a physical object does, plus it just has that 'off' look that CGI often has.
Have you got any links to stuff about this?

Really made me think

I was looking for a link but couldn't find it, I saw it on a behind the scenes extra on the DVD. Basically they wanted a 1:3 scale car because that would be large enough to look correct but time and budget prevented it so the car they used is like 1:6. This makes it lighter and bouncier which makes it look off, and then yes they also CGed some of it like the damage being done to it.

That looks like a fucking hot wheels

Is this one of those movies that only exist because of chinks having shit taste?

Ah, that makes sense.

If you were on that plane would you have survived?

How did the same people who fucked this up manage to digitally insert Paul Walker into Fast 7?

holy shit it's Kuze

Why not just crash a real car?

Because that particular model of Jaguar is extremely rare and extremely valuable.

>Little boy transforms into 20 year old stuntman
Also so did Dexter just straight up abandoned his son? What the hell?

wat

and sauce?

what am I supposed to be looking for here? I guess the whole room is fake?

I did something like this as a toddler around 2, but it was against the wall. tossed me back and my head got pulled under, nice smooth bald spot for the rest of my life.

The whole room is fake and looks awful. Also keep on eye on the stairs to the right as they pan, you can see them snap into place as they render.

the entrance to the room is painted on like wiley coyote

Not necessarily a dumb effect but one of the dumbest scenes I've ever watched.

That shot is dogshit, but the rest of that movie has great visuals.

doesn't look awful to me. I guess this is where I totally stop sympathizing with people on this subject. Like who cares if it looks fake?

Everything to do with linear workflow/camera matching / and basal ambiance. The pipeline mix hadn't been fully developed by this year, close but a few years off. Production time only allows for finagling for so long before the studio heads start screaming down ur neck.

Fuck you, Gun Kata is great

Worked well in the context of the movie but looks dumb on its own.

That is the worst thing I have ever seen.

>Actors? Where we're going we won't need "actors".

HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD!

They could've built a replica desu

They didn't have the budget to build a proper miniature, let alone a full size replica.

this is /k/ino

funny enough, the console game of that movie is actually pretty good

The fucking bloom in the Hobbit movies makes me wanna kill myself. Like jesus fuck, so glowy and blurry.

What early Gamecube game is that

this genuinely upset me

I don't have any webms but the Illusionist had some really noticeable cgi that really took me out of the movie. Especially when it's supposed to be actual stage magic.

it's dumb if you don't know the context

please explain the context

watch the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=KPxTVJWkbX4

gun martial arts

They had a big budget

no

for you

See, the thing is even practical stuff like this shits all over bad CGI

that's the only thing that looks good though

Why does this trigger Sup Forums so much? It looks fine to me, but then again I don't have crippling autism

I like it.

I passed a class on lasers for my 2nd pre-requisite and I still don't know enough to call that webm bullshit. Makes sense to me

Dear God, is that for real? I thought it was from some 80's action movie.

Now post the submarine from lost

the fuck are those

Anti arrows.

Even Micheal Ironside can't believe this shit, and he was in Highlander 2.

>HD remaster
It was shot on film and projected on giant screens. It's not like they rendered the effects at 480p.

source?

arrow things

>to the right
How does anyone over the age of 12 confuse right and left?

It's not a perspective trick you fucking moron, they're supposed to be standing to the side of each other.

Someone post the gorilla fight

Surprised no one posted the Legolas video game scene. Then again, you can really just pick any moment from The Hobbit movies and it works for this thread.

Why is she deflecting the knives aren't going to hit her anyway?
Do they home in, or something?

And to think this is a physical set that Lucas made look like CGI with lenses and composite shooting.

I don't know what you're trying to say, but that looks like one of the very few actually plausible and not completely asspulled software UIs in movies that I've seen.

Model effects literally don't get any better than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_XvYq8i6_9o
youtube.com/watch?v=6Aj3D-VQCBk
The old Trek movies do it so fucking well I honestly wonder why they switched to CG.

DELETE