Internet is causing 1984

The internet was a mistake and is the single greatest tool of the globalist's agenda. Until now we've had democracy because it was the safest way for people to be governed without risking uprisings or violence.

The internet has made it possible to track down "hate speech" and political dissident in their own homes anywhere on earth. We will absolutely see a transition from democracy to outright tyranny because the people are no longer an unknown uncontrollable element but literal herd animals to be manipulate by social media, unable to even distinguish between themselves and sub saharan africans because both of them can make tweets.

We should destroy the internet, there's several major undefended cables running between countries and underwater and they're not buried deep. If damaged they would be incredibly hard to repair. If they were under continuous assault there wouldn't be anything they could do.

tl;dr
Does Sup Forums think we should cash in our chips now and destroy the internet before it's too late?

I don't think it's possible to destroy it at this point. If you "destroy" it it will literally just go underground and the elite will still use it rather than the elite and the working class.

I still want to discuss the Internet and its societal effects though. This is exactly what keeps ,e awake at night.

Just get emp. Problem solved

I'm on the opposite side on this: I think that internet is exposing 1984, thus we need to defend it as much as possible.

Then the world is fucked and we have no defence over natural disasters

>rather than the elite and the working class.
yeah that's true but that'd still more or less accomplish the goal of getting working class people off of reddit and outside where they're not documenting every fact of their life for a police state to exploit

i'd say Sup Forums is a nich humor website and the influence of reddit/tumblr/safe spaces totally eclipse us in terms of real influence

i was thinking of something explodey, it wouldn't even be a real crime because there's nobody liable to be around.

Along this vein of thought, how can we use the Internet to preserve ... Wait. How can I even address anonymous about what it thinks is important to protect? I guess free speech, we can all agree is important. But does everyone here agree that the earth and its climate is top priority so we can have an enjoyable life, secure from bad air and water? How can we use the Internet to have a secure and clean place to live

Lots of people do "go outside" though. To meet them, you have to go outside. I know they exist because sometimes I'm one of them

'net can be used both ways

It has allowed more people to protest by simply talking online, for example

It's two sided.

The masses sit in the mass/social media Matrix.

The dissenters sit in the Sup Forums Zion, where they can't do much harm really. As long as disrupters like Milo can be banned and the controlled channels explain to the masses how they need to interpret the facts, control continues.

E.g. whatever Trump says, CNN will explain it was racist or he is a conman.

The masses may wake up for a day, but they go right back to trusting the autority channels the next day.

If we could just use the Internet as a pure place to mediate conversations and get laws passed quickly rather than the snail's pace, and quickly find the people who actually want to build our country rather than poison it from within, it could be great. We have the potential to use the Internet for a lot of things. There are more working class and poor than elite but we can all use the Internet to positively effect us. At least that's what I hope for.
You have to look over the shenaniganery that the Internet is mostly used for to see what it could potentially do for the earth. And realize it's apparently the first time in history (barring Biblical legend/preceding legends) that humanity is connected by an unseen medium of communication. Except unlike the Tower of Babel, we can more or less understand one another.

>the internet should be banned
>people should get their information from the newspapers

Can't we just have ww3 and get back to living without electronics?

I want rid of all this materia and just have some livestock, a women and children. I want to work hard at my farm, maybe trade with my village.

I want my children to want the other sex and not status among their own and mindless decadence.

You can still have that in modern times while the rest of the world has Internet and all that comes with it. Sort of like genies, we can see whatever we want to see but we are trapped in the box.
You can always be Amish to get away from all that.

Not in the nordic countries. It's too americanized here.
My life is already over too. But if I was reborn I would like some sort of amish life for me and my family (but fuck my current one).

I just have so few memories. Those movie nights, house parties and lans are just forgettable. I want more fullmoon corn field nights, open fire chill with family and winter struggles.

I'll die feeling like a waste and sadly my life really was/is one.

I agree in sentiment but not in the way you portray it.

Orwell feared totalitarian governments that struck down dissent... And in spite of how shockingly possible it is that the internet turned into something that could be used this way, it's not how it's actually playing out.

Aldous Huxley feared apathy and self-indulgence leading to political apathy and a monoculture of ideas. And that's what Brave New World was about. And that's precisely the world we're living in.

I've been thinking lately about the flaw that exists in Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter that makes them such shit, and how you might design an online discussion platform that doesn't allow for manipulation.

All of the above websites do the following:

> Loading a page only loads some comments, allowing for comments to be hidden under the guise of server stress.
> Commenters are rewarded with likes, retweets, and upvotes for going into a thread and providing an opinion that has already been stated. This allows for circle jerking.
> The collorary of this is that there's no advantage to providing the other side of an argument. Even if you disagree with it.
> Your identity follows you on every post. This is maybe necessary for spam reduction, but I see no reason why you should have to show your name to make a comment. The server can track your account while your comment stays anonymous. People are discouraged from making politically incorrect comments.

There's a lot more, but these are the big ones.

How do you fix it? Make a discussion platform that benefits those who make the best arguments for either side.

The internet itself isn't the problem, things like social media are.
>Easy to broadcast your dumb opinion as far and wide as possible
>Easy to indoctrinate yourself into other groups of like-minded idiots and go on with hunts together
>Social media encourages mass loss of privacy (people posting their entire lives online and becoming statistics)
>Most "hate speech" etc comes from social media, which has various data mining algorithms constantly running on it
>If the people in charge of the social media services start censoring certain information, the majority of the users will adapt to it and start thinking it's ok

Blowing up undersea cables wouldn't solve anything, it'd cause a slight hiccup at best. The real problem is changing hearts and minds, changing the degenerate ways the internet is used by people.

internet is not causing anything, we would be fucked without the possibility of connecting with each other

ON TOP OF THAT you are suggesting that history would have gone different route. this route we are on is route still on the path to true freedom, the one you are suggesting is the one with no tecnological advances and that is fanfiction

you might as well not exist if you think like that where things not real are important

Without the net 90% of people would not be red pilled who are red pilled, we'd have no access to alternative media or publishing.

The key is to make sure you are actually meeting with people IRL as well as on the net.

>Make a discussion platform that benefits those who make the best arguments for either side.
I like this idea.
It would also be nice to have a platform that rewards those who make real time improvements for large places like cities, states. Neighborhoods even.

>Without internet
>"Everything is fine" t. Newspaper
>"That is bullshit" t. Crazy guy on the street just arrested

>With internet
>"Everything is fine" t. News Network
>"That is bullshit, here are proofs" t. Internet

Nah, we just move to the next form of media whatever it is?

VR?