Where are the boundaries of "the south"? Is this map close enough? If not, where should the borders be drawn?

Where are the boundaries of "the south"? Is this map close enough? If not, where should the borders be drawn?

yes

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE

______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

POST THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE TONIGHT

I don't knock jackshit about the US but I always assumed Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma andTexas were in the south

You assumed wrong

Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Florida should all be added.

For the true, Deep South, only South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. Tennessee is iffy

No.. I don't understand the exclusion of Florida.

At the very least the florabama panhandle section is pretty fucking Dixie.

This goes to far north on the eastern seaboard.

Maryland is really the south.. even NOVA isnt really... I would say it starts south of DC in Fredericksburg roughly.

>maryland and DC
>south
nah m8.

see this nigger agrees with me

Florida is 100% pure Yankeeland these days. Sad but true.

Mason-Dixon line.

SHART

>Arizona
>New Mexico
No. They're Southwest. Arguably Texas as well.

I'd add east Texas (East of Houston and Dallas), northern Florida is definitely the South (Jacksonville and Tallahassee might as well be Georgian cities), but remove northern Virginia and all of West Virginia.

>Florida is 100% pure Yankeeland these days. Sad but true.

Not north of the I4 corridor (Tampa/Orlando) it's not.

south missouri needs to be added, or at the very least the southwest corner

This. Fucking south florida is as yankee as NY, but the North isn't.

>I've never met someone born in Florida
>muh northerners and snowbirds
>muh geriatric jews

Get out of South fla and Disney

North Florida and East Texas should be included, I think Maryland, Delaware and DC shouldn't be included

>I've never met someone born in Florida

Actually, I've been living in Fort Lauderdale for about 6 months, and I have yet to meet somebody who is from Florida, whose parents are also from Florida.

That's probably because Fort Lauderdale is in the shitty urban sprawl that is "Miami". Get north and you will. Orlando is pretty much the "Frontier" as far as Dixie Florida goes.

That's pretty reasonable.

I have seen Houston described sometimes as a "southern" city, but I don't see how. To me, it looks like a bunch of Mexicans and a bunch of blacks and a bunch of FOB immigrants from China and Central Freakistan jumbled together with some white California and New York transplants mixed in.

Actual old-school Texans seemed relatively uncommon down there.

The true south is Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia all other"southern" states blend into other regions too much and aren't distinct enough.

Tfw born and raised Floridian

The qt latinas tho

Hundreds of times better than the Mexican hobgoblins we have back in Texas

>fuck Miami
>Miami is a shit
>muh qt3.14 latinas

Accurate

Believe it or not, most Maryland folk have southern-sounding accents

this is a better map but the areas east of the Chesapeake aren't the south. Neither is Athens, GA and Asheville, NC.

Culturally the South is pretty huge and encompasses the rural White population from Maryland and Florida to the deserts of Texas and the the hills of central Missouri.

Politically, i.e. The former confederacy, It's a lot smaller.

Geographically it can be split into two main regions, the Lowland South and the Upland (hillbilly) South.

I think most actual Texans here agree with you. Houston was a mistake. I guess the same could be said for parts of Dallas and all of the California liberals in Austin as well.

The south consists of the entirety of the states of Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia; and, of southern Virginia, eastern Texas, and northern Florida (panhandle).

The deep south is northern and central Louisiana, southern Tennessee, eastern Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama.