Why didn't they just use Felix Felicis potion (Liquid Luck) to stop Voldemort?

Why didn't they just use Felix Felicis potion (Liquid Luck) to stop Voldemort?

Because the books were written by an idiot

dullest franchise etc etc

What if 2 person consumed the liquid luck before getting into a fight, who would win?

because all of the convenient plot devices that were really useful and could do amazing things just stop working when it comes to voldemort so the plot can move forward.

Not even luck would spare this series from being one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody-just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but its certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>"No!"

every single fucking time I laugh at this trash

i love the dullest franchise poster

>have the best reference for strong potion making, better than the curriculum offers
>decide to just leave it hidden away even though those potions could help find horcruxes and defend against voldy and his minions
Seriously why? With that book they surely could have easily got past that trial with the painful water and Dumbledore needn't have died

Shit books

>Felix Felicis, also called "Liquid Luck", is a magical potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It turns an ordinary day into an extraordinary one.

>It is meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous if made wrong, and requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed.

double ko

this

i think the appeal (for kids) is not the story/plot but the various magical things and the magical rules like using wands etc. i remember when i was a kid and read this novel about a wizard and i barely remember it now but i do remember being utterly fascinated not by the story but by the magic used and i wanted to do the same thing. i think he used different colored chalk iirc.

>requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed
That can be a bit of a problem.

just use on of the time travel things that they have in storage at the ministry

There's lots of dumb bureaucracy in the series. But at least they could have tried?

When people pointed out to Rowling how retarded the time turners are she quickly retconed it and said they were all destroyed or something.

did she say when they were destroyed? if after the death of a character like the one played by robert pattinson i hope someone asks her why hermione can use time turner to cheat at schoolwork but not use it to save pattinson's character (or any character who died before the time turners were destroyed).

I doesn't matter how hard to make or dangerous it is. Every criminal in the world would be using it anyway. The fact that his thing exist and that wizard world isn't magical Detroit is the biggest plot hole in the books.

Both the film series and books are filled with little inconsistencies like this. Convenient little plot devices to be discarded upon use and never thought about again.

I appreciate they're children's book, but some people genuinely believe them to be great pieces. I've even heard arguments to have "modern masterpiece" Harry Potter replace "irrelevant" Shakespeare at English Secondary schools.

Yup, in the 5th book. So after he died. Also after Voldemort was resurrected.

i think these people just enjoyed the books a lot when they were kids and that colors their opinion of the books. and, as i said above, as kids they were probably enthralled not by the story/plot/dialogue/writing but by the magical items and magical rules.

i hope someone asks her that question before she dies of embarrassment

Do they have liquid cuck aswell?

Please stop making sense. Normalfags can't handle it.

Little inconsistencies and plot holes do not make a bad movie.
Go back to cinema sins.

Shakespeare is overrated as fuck btw.

t.pleb

What if you take liquid luck before taking the liquid luck, would it cancel the poison effect?

>embarrassment

Have you seen her twitter? She's basically progressive Trump.

Apothecary out of nowhere that sells something that will make you seem dead for a day.

Shakespeare didn't even write the damn plays.

You shouldn't insult Trump like that desu. No one deservers to be compared to Rowling.

>be Harry
>drink liquid luck
>go out of the castle with the intention of killing Voldemort
>magic Hitler dead in a few hours due to the series of lucky coincidences
>spend the rest of the day fucking whores and winning in blackjack
it was that easy

i did not even know she has twitter. i hope someone tweets the question to her. no doubt she'll make something up.

>tfw ywn use a love potion on your highschool crush and lose your virginity to her.

Fug I wish I got accepted into Hogwarts ;_;

What I never understood was why Harry was acting weird after he drank the potion. It gives you luck, it doesn't make you drunk.

>DAE think SHAKESPEARE was really OVERRATED?!?!?!

Why is Sup Forums the most stupid board

She replays to people with stuff like "lol I have your money anyway!" I doubt she cares about any criticism at this point.

because J K Rowling is a hack who can't write.

>>>/killyourself/

oh. she shamelessly does not care. oh well.

The good news is that you don't have to be a wizard to do that, user. The bad news is that it's called date rape and is a big no-no.

>and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating.
From what I saw of Hogwarts the entirety of wizard society is based around the assumption that everyone will be creatively cheating so who gives a shit.

They did. Read the books faggot

>I appreciate they're children's book, but some people genuinely believe them to be great pieces.
That's nothing, tons of people insist they aren't children's books. There's nothing inherently wrong with liking childish things, mind you. But usually someone desperately claiming that a childish thing is actually for adults likes nothing else and is very immature.

To be fair, Shakespeare's plays, like Harry Potter, are derivative trash.

Based.

>i think these people just enjoyed the books a lot when they were kids and that colors their opinion of the books
Plenty read them as adults or at least in their mid to late teens.

I thought Trump was progressive Trump.

>go out of the castle with the intention of killing Voldemort
>magic Hitler dead in a few hours due to the series of lucky coincidences
Since that's basically what happens in every book anyway we should assume that Harry's pumpkin juice was dosed with liquid luck on a daily basis. Dumbledore just never told him.

Daniel Radcliffe just wanted to have fun on set for once in his life.

The good guys did (once) and the bad guys didn't. Yeah, makes perfect sense.