MCU hate thread

How do you make 15 films without a single one being the least memorable or unique? It's like Disney banned creativity the moment they acquired the rights.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/disneys-looking-to-buy-up-some-more-stables-of-characters-2011-8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimba_the_White_Lion#The_Lion_King_controversy
imdb.com/title/tt2250912/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Light_&_Magic
youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo
youtube.com/watch?v=HEiSF8HpyDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What about Dr. Strange?

From the mouth of the Disney CEO himself:

>In April 2011, Disney broke ground on Shanghai Disney Resort. Costing $4.4 billion, the resort opened on June 16, 2016.[53] Later, in August 2011, Bob Iger stated on a conference call that after the success of the Pixar and Marvel purchases, he and the Walt Disney Company are looking to "buy either new characters or businesses that are capable of creating great characters and great stories."

businessinsider.com/disneys-looking-to-buy-up-some-more-stables-of-characters-2011-8

Disney's not in the imagination business any more. They're all about buying other people's creations, polishing all the rough edges off them, thereby robbing them of everything that makes them unique or interesting, and making them as "safe" and "family friendly" as possible.

"The whole Walt Disney philosophy eats out of your hand with these pretty little sentimental creatures in grey fur coats. For my own part, I believe that behind these smiling eyes there lurks a cold, ferocious beast fearfully stalking us."
-Jean Baudrillard

as someone who is disappointed as fuck that the MCU stopped being great after Avengers 1, I have to say that in my eyes, Iron Man 1 and Incredible Hulk are very unique, Iron Man 1 being especially memorable at that.

All the movies after Captain America 1 reek of suits who are trying to force directors do their bidding unfortunately. Even if they want to keep the story lame, I don't see why they don't at least treat the audiences with some nice cinematography. Say what you want about Snyder, Jenkins and Ayer but all of their movies are visually appealing. Even a lot of CGI moments, which I usually hate, look great (obviously with exceptions)

Funnily enough, the Thor 3 trailers are perfect examples of literally everything wrong with the modern MCU. The scene where the Asgardians fly with their horses toward Hela represents what the whole movie should actually be like, you know, goddamn Ragnarök and all. Then, like always, the trailer throws bad dialogue, quips, horrible costumes, and horrible characters at you.

Captain Murrica Winter Soldier and the first Galaxy Guardians were pretty good

Yeah, Frozen and Moana totally weren't big hits or anything

Although I love Disney's animated movies, I gotta say that Disney has always been about using existing properties for their movies. It's rather rare for Disney to make up something entirely new, isn't it?

>Snow White
>Alice in Wonderland
>Peter Pan
>Little Mermaid
>Aladdin
>Tarzan
>Hercules
>Pocahontas
>Mulan

Obviously, there are original ones, but every single successful movie of theirs is based upon existing literature or mythology or whatever the hell. Even Lion King resembles McBeth to some degree

At least we know that Ant Man survives Infinity War

OK, let's talk about Dr. Strange. Let's talk about what piss-poor storytelling it is to reveal that people with tremendous mystical power have been present on Earth throughout history. Not nay that, but by their own admission, their job is to safeguard earth from extra-dimensional forces. Sadly, extra-dimensional force is precisely what the Asgardians came to fight off when they showed up to repel the Jotunns centuries earlier, supposedly inspiring the Norse religion in the process. That either implies that they're not very good at their job, or that they knew all about it and yet still chose to leave an Infinity Stone laying around for centuries instead of stashing it safely away with all their other powerful mystical artifacts.

I could not agree with you more. I was tentatively excited until I started hearing more and more of that pathetic dialogue. Not even an actress as talented as Blanchett can salvage that shit.

What baffles me the most is that so many people on Sup Forums are happy about the trailers whereas the trailers are the worst the MCU has ever provided. Not even being contrarian since I was actually a fanboy during Phase 1 and even optimistic during Phase 2. I mean I totally get the pandering to mainstream audiences because that is what basically generates a shitload of money for them but would it actually hurt them to make more realistic dialogues or even more serious ones? Winter Soldier wasn't goofy at all and audiences as well as critics loved it. Why that was a signal for them to make the following movies full of quips and jokes is beyond me except for the ones that are obviously meant to be comedies such as Guardians and Ant-Man. I'm just disappointed

I never said they didn't know how to make bank. I said there's nothing original about them. Both films you just named are proof-positive of what I said, the only difference is that Disney didn't have to buy those stories; they just dipped into public domain, Disneyed up some myths and folk tales, and packaged them up all nice and neat for public consumption.

Fun fact: Disney, all of whose greatest successes and best-known stories came straight out of public domain, lobbies to extend the duration of copyright protection every time fucking Steamboat Willy comes close to expiring.

Frozen became too successful for its own good. Moana was also a success but not to the same degree, which I'm actually happy about because it won't get shoved into the "Movie is overrated because it got so popular" category

>Guardians of the Galaxy, a movie that surprised pretty much everyone
>Not memorable or unique

It was a standard action comedy set in space. For Marvel's low standards it might have been different (the jokes were the same really and they even forced Thanos in there) but in terms of summer blockbusters, there was nothing unique about it.

kys you mouth-breathing nigger

Nice argument

>Macbeth

And that's not the only thing to which bears some rather interesting similarities.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimba_the_White_Lion#The_Lion_King_controversy

>they even forced Thanos

Revealing Thanos as early as they did was a mistake in my opinion. Without exception, they could have skipped every single after-credits scene with him and lost nothing at all.

Just so I'm clear here, he knows what the Stones are, knows how powerful they are, knows where several of them are, even had one in his possession, sends catspaws out to try(and repeatedly fail) to retrieve them, but suddenly he's just showing up to rape face and take them? Why the fuck wouldn't he have just done that in the first place?

Ever since Disney took over, the MCU has gradually been becoming little more than reskinned Pixar, and not even *good* Pixar.

Age of Ultron was really retarded. I love how Civil War retcons it into "omg we traumatized so many people in Sokovia" even though it is evident that no such dilemmas occurred in AoU.

Let me guess, because marvel is bad dc is automatically good. Kill yourself capeshitter

One of the retcons that's pissed me off more than anything is the Ch'tauri tech shit in Homecoming. It's a bit late to start examining the impact of an event that's multiple films in the past as well as years ago both in-continuity as well as real-world.

This pic always makes me feel bad for george

This is what happens when you put studio kike hacks in charge of the second attempt of a rebooting a franchise. As a fan of the original Raimi's, i just want to kermit.

>the absolute state of marvel

Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1 and the Daredevil TV series were great though

Time to shitpost in India Pajeet?

Iron Man 1 was before Disney acquisition and Daredevil isn't MCU.

IM1 was a taste of what could've been if Marvel wasn't sold to Disney. It would've been a decent film universe if IM1 was the bar set and not Avengers.

why are DCucks still THIS obsessed with Marvel?

you finally had success with WW. get over it.

Tbf it was above par comparing to your average avengers flick or another franchise expanding attempt ie iron fist, antman or doc strange. But all in all gotg was nothing more but a standard level action movie with a reddit-tier gimmick and quips pandering to 13 yearolds. I just has a lil bit more heart because the studio didn't completely get themselves involved and start fucking shit up

Literally all this

Swear to god ill shoot up a Sony corporate meeting if anyone post this again

>he doesn't know the difference between Hamlet and Macbeth. Why can't Americlaps into even the most pleb of playwrights? He's literally the MCU of the 16th century.

>MCU thread
>b-b-but dc
Marvel is unironically not better

Its one guy living in New Delhi. He's the one posting the HAHA threads and the SNYDER KINO threads.

>based

And it even infuriates me more the fact that movies like this will never stop being made for all the normies and chinks just keeps on flooding the box office.

Does anyone have any orange slices?

but Daredevil is MCU isn't it? As in it takes place in the same universe?

Hey come on tbf winter soldier wasnt that bad
Rest after is literally shit tho ever since they fell for that quip-flick meme with antman and guardians cucking every other films at the b.o.

Daily reminder George did nothing wrong and was fucked over by these hacks

>IM1 was a taste of what could've been if Marvel wasn't sold to Disney.

This. All day every day. I half believe that RDJ demands as much money as he does both as a way to drive home how they owe him literally *everything*, as well as revenge for them robbing him of what Tony's character could have been for him.

yeah, sorry for generalising that hard. winter soldier was a good movie. I even enjoyed ant-man because it actually had funny moments in it and because it had a smaller scale setting

You talk to fish?

Technically, they're in the same universe. The Netflix shows acknowledge the events from the films as canon, but not vice-versa. It's infuriatingly stupid.

You will now close your eyes and imagine an edgar wright directed antman

Meh they have the template of a 6/10 movie so they'll never make anything better than that

Truth of the trips

IM1 and Norton Hulk are the only MCU movies I've seen more than once.
What went so right with those?

Iron Man, Winter Soldier, First Avenger, The Avengers, GOTG, GOTG2 and Ant Man are all above 6/10 imo

Good character arcs, interesting story, not holding back and be family safe, no dumb quips and gimmicks

>technically what marvel/d*sney is not now

take out ant man, guardians 2 and winter soldier and we got a deal

I think this one shows what's wrong with them really. It tries to be a serious movie but for some reason there are these quip scenes like they have to fill some quota.

Avengers killed cinema.

Fuck doc strange and fuck benny cucumberbatch

Winter Soldier is a solid 8/10

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why Sony?

imdb.com/title/tt2250912/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Light_&_Magic

Disney's hands aren't exactly clean here.

And what humor is present is organic.

>Banner learning Portuguese and telling those dudes they won't like him when he's hungry.
>the stretchy purple pants bit

>dude talking tree and raccoon
>dude 70s music soundtrack
>Disney movie has talking animals and pop music
>holy shit it's SO RISKY and ORIGINAL
It was a good movie but fuck off with this reddit meme

You guys are fucking crazy. MCU is good. DCEU aswell.

Corporate homogenized politically correct inoffensive entertainment is bad, films with actual auteurs with a vision and voice are good. That doesn't mean DC is automatically good, but Suicide Squad is terrible for the reasons MCU films are bad. Snyder and Jenkins are, unlike most of the MCU (Shane Black is a big exception) filmmakers I'd follow even if they weren't directing capeshit.

I rewatched Ironman 1 and 2 yesterday, and avengers.
IM1 is still great and I think it was very unique when it came out.

Wew

In other words, humor that grows *out* of the situation instead of flippant, self-aware dialogue making light of a serious situation. And for those who think anything in the MCU passes as gallows humor, you can fuck right off.

Midsummer nights dream should be wordfiltered into the scottish play

This board is such a joke. There are good MCU movies, there are bad ones. They're still consistently better than everyone else. Repostan.

GENERAL CAPESHIT OPINIONS RANKINGS

True Cinematic Greatness Tier
>The Dark Knight
>Spider-man 2

Genuinely Well Made Tier
>Winter Soldier
>Iron Man 1
>Guardians of the Galaxy 1
>X2
>Spider-man 1
>Logan
>Batman Returns

Bretty Good For A Blockbuster Tier
>Civil War
>Dr. Strange
>The Avengers
>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Superman
>Dredd
>X-men Days of Future Past
>Deadpool
>Hellboy 1 & 2

Flawed But Entertaining Tier
>Spider-man Homecoming
>Iron Man 2
>Guardians Vol 2
>Wonder Woman
>The Wolverine
>X-men First Class
>Hulk (2003)
>Batman (1989)
>Sin City
>Superman Returns
>Constantine
>V for Vendetta
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I Guess I'll Watch This If Nothing Else Is On Tier
>CA: First Avenger
>Antman
>Thor 1
>Superman 2
>X-men 1
>Spider-man 3
>Amazing Spider-man 1
>Batman Forever
>300
>Punisher (2004)
>TMNT
>Kick Ass

Bad Tier
>Thor Dark World
>Iron Man 3
>Man of Steel
>Watchmen
>Superman III
>X-men 3: The Last Stand
>X-men Apocalypse
>Spawn
>Judge Dredd
>Daredevil (2003)
>Fantastic Four (2005)
>Ghost Rider 1 & 2
>Supergirl
>TMNT 2, TMNT (2014), Out of the Shadows
>Kick Ass 2

Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier
>Incredible Hulk
>Age of Ultron
>Superman IV: Quest for Peace
>Batman vs Superman
>Suicide Squad
>Green Lantern
>Jonah Hex
>Catwoman
>Amazing Spider-man 2
>X-men Origins: Wolverine
>League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
>Fantastic Four 2
>Fan4stic
>Elektra
>Punisher War Zone
>Steel
>Ninja Turtles 3

So Bad It Boomerangs To Amazing Tier
>Batman & Robin

You should stop using "nigger" on the internet. Not because others find it offensive(nobody gives a fuck), but because there's not one of us who's ever seen you that thinks you have either the balls or the "cred" to use it in your daily life.

Top 10 capeshit filmes ranked from worst to best. Everyone who feels asshurt because of this list should immediately remove himself from this board.

10. Iron Man
9. Watchmen
8. Spider-Man 3
7. Batman Begins
6. The Incredibles
5. Man of Steel
4. Spider-Man
3. The Dark Knight
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
1. Spider-Man 2

I mostly agree with this. I would replace SM3 with X-Men First Class though.

Literally no one believes your BvS ranking.

Back on topic, I'm starting to have serious problems with the choices they're making in terms of story and characterization. I was very much not a fan of how they set Tony up to be Pete's mentor and voice of wisdom in Homecoming, then had him give Pete what is essentially a lethal weapon. That suit's like giving a handgun to a fifteen year old that can benchpress a bus - both unnecessary *and* dangerous.

The cartoonish red pinprick eyes for "Instant Kill Mode" is dumb as shit, too, like something straight out of a shit-tier Pixar flick.

Moana was a burp of a success. It was almost as lukewarm as The Good Dinosaur.

>BvS
lol

I do.

Watchmen > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

They already ruined Spidey by turning him into a homicide-attempting mercenary in Civil War.

Yeah man now I really relate to this sellout superhero who almost kills good guys because rich guy Tony paid him to do so.

>Good Dinosaur
Budget: $175 million
Box Office: $332.2 million
>Moana
Budget:$150 million
Box Office: $642.9 million

Moana made almost twice the money on a smaller budget

big hits = quality movies

they were shit, lets be real. Compare Frozen and Moana to literally any other Disney movies of the past. They're garbage

Agreed.

>let's talk about Dr. Strange
They turned a hyper intellectual sorcerer into Quipster #4

Stark, Thor, Banner, Hawkeye, Fury, the new Spiderman and Cap are all the same personality witht the same lame jokes

Watchmen are good mostly because of the source material. I wouldn't say costumes, casting and cinematography are great enough

Costumes are so-so but the casting and cinematography both are top-notch.

youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo

This scene is beautifully directed.

BvS on Oh Shit Nigger tier?
Opinion discarded

Of all of those, Strange and Thor piss me off the most. Did you notice in the latest trailer how Thor is just shrugging off the loss of Mjolnir a day after it's destroyed? Would it have really killed them to have him bear that loss with some stoicism like a fucking warrior?

He attempted a handful of jokes. No one found him funny. He's not even close to a quipster.

Sup Forums continued bitching about Dr. Strange highlights how patheticly biased this board is when its everything you fags claimed you wanted the MCU to be.

I don't even know how you'd consider Thor, Cap and Nick Fury, who's just Sam Jackson playing himself, the same personality.

I said almost as lukewarm. No one remembers Moana just like no one remembers Good Dinosaur. Doesn't matter if Moana made more money.

>a single one being the least memorable or unique?
What's GotG?
What's IM1?
What's Avengers?

They were cookie cutters for the movies following them, but they were pretty good and memorable in their own.

All you've seen is a trailer. You don't know how the movie will play out

Avengers isn't memorable. Neither is Guardians. You couldn't even get a normie to remember Groot's name after two movies when that's all he fucking says.

>none of them memorable or unique

>What's GotG?
Trash

>What's Avengers?
Trash that ruined cinema with its Saturday morning cartoon storytelling

Only IM1 is good and that was before Disney took it down the path of dumbing down for the kiddies. The old Tony was borderline politically incorrect. Very unpredictable and sharp-tongued. Nowadays Tony is just any other hero with sarcastic quips. Avengers ruined him. Just like it ruined the MCU.

Frozen was shit but Moana was genuinely good with some great moments
youtube.com/watch?v=HEiSF8HpyDg

>people say I remember this
>NO YOU FUCKING DONT
wew lad

>Dude these movies that were hugely successful and got near universal acclaim are bad because I said so

>Avengers
>Not memorable
>DC hires the same guy who made the first 2 Avengers to direct JL

>GoTG
>Not memorable
>DC hires the same guys who made GotG trailers and marketing for SS
>GotG are worldwide known and famous as many other superheroes
>Tons of merchandise and animated series

You guys are dellusional

This is Sup Forums. Anything that's Disney is automatically bad despite giving no actual reasons why it's bad

>imagine having your sense of taste this warped