Why are video game movies such trash? Is it because video games are for insecure manchildren?

Why are video game movies such trash? Is it because video games are for insecure manchildren?

>i liked the game
>now i want a movie about it!

Why are plebs so stupid?

I'LL HAVE

Because the appeal of a game is that it's interactive, take that away and what is left is a generic high concept story and ridiculous characters.

That said, I love the first two RE movies

TWO NUMBER NINES

A NUMBER NINE LARGE

You know the feeling when you are really into a game and it switches to a long cutscene and you can't wait for it to be over so you can get back to playing the game. Movies are a 2 hour cutscene

A NUMBER SIX WITH EXTRA DIP

Usually they are just too cartoony to be put in live action that and usually with a director who has clearly never played the game in his life

>mfw CJ successfully follows the damn train in the movie because "hero of film can do no wrong" meme

because directors don't stay true to the source material, instead they butcher it to create "their own vision" or some bullshit that everyone ends up hating

MGS series are completely opposite though. Why can't movies be like that?

TWO NUMBER SEVEN

THREE NUMBER FIVES

ONE WITH CHEESE

EXTRA DIP

As great as MGS cutscenes and story are, the series is a marvel of gameplay, you can't deny that.

>post yfw Big Smoke was ordering+eating so much food because he didn't want to shoot the Ballas who he knew were going to do the drive-by

Because for the last 30 years games haven't been advanced enough to have unique stories

yes

that mission being difficult is a meme I beat it first try

Literally all you have to do is ride on one of the track's rails (preferably the left-hand one) and Big Smoke gets those hitboxes every time

the RC plane mission was 10x worse

This
All of Zeros Missons were hell. I broke a controller over the last one.

Sup Forums is full of manchildren user, doesn't matter which board.

And yet you're still here

Red Dead Redemption is the best video game to move possibility

Kojima lets you skip cutscenes whenever you feel like. Also he manages to make cutscenes that are pleasing to watch.

Can't translate well to screen. See this

Someone's gotta babysit.