Kino 13 edition.

PREVIOUSLY ON /who/...

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aHAas
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/NuWho_haters
youtube.com/watch?v=UpSzyvAsaEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Redpill me on the Blackpool accent. Blackpill me on Blackpool

Reminder that here you have a selection of TARDISposting watermarks.

What you do with them is at your own discretion.

imgur.com/a/aHAas

Blackpool is where you go on holiday if you're middle class and poor. It stinks and is filled with crime, fish and chips and lights.

How has your day been /who/?

Whoever the user was who told me to read 11's titan run thanks, this shit is fantastic!

>tfw goth girl from those doctor who fan films looks exactly like my ex

Why live?

It's over, I'm comfy in bed. How's yours?

Are there lots of gals that talk like Clara there?

Good, it's summer slightly panicky that it'll be over and I'll be in university soon but I'm just about to finish the Hartnell era in my marathon of classic who and I'm looking at getting a new phone to store and play big finish stories properly. Just chilling out I guess before I've got to do work again!

So I've just been hit with the realisation that since my gf left me I've done nothing but drop out of school, retreat into my house and hardly leave, and cut myself off from any and all IRL social contact, instead deciding to spend all my time with a /who/ tab constantly open while she's likely gone off to be happy, and forgotten about me completely since it happened like 5 months ago while I stay pining over her knowing that I will never be with her again and never be that happy once more.

I want to die, /who/????

also to keep it tangentially DW related, capaldi is great

/who/ its my birthday today!
22 years!
We all gonna make it!

We appreciate the fruits of your exessive free time.
At least you've had a gf ;_;

Happy birthday user!
Have a good one

Happy birthday, user!

I know how that feels, and you just have to accept that you won't get her back and go on with your life trying to be happy without her, and you'll probably realize you're better off that way

Clara's accent is called 'Lanky' by us Brits. Most people who grew up in NW England, specifically on the Irish Sea coast have similar accents.

I love the accent personally (my Dad grew up in St. Annes, slightly north of Blackpool, and has the same accent).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY user!

*ahem* Dad just informed me St. Annes is slightly south of Blackpool.

Thanks guys! /who/ truly is the most comfy place on Sup Forums.

Happy birthday, user.

DINNER TIME

happy birthday

Reply to this comment if you liked Simm's Master even before he came back in series 10

hey

Happy birthday, user!

I'd grab a beer with you if I could Lymmy

I CAN'T DECIDE
WHETHER YOU SHOULD LIVE OR DIE
OH, YOU'LL PROBABLY GO TO HEAVEN
PLEASE DON'T HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY
NO WONDER WHY
MY HEART FEELS DEAD INSIDE
IT'S COLD AND HARD AND PETRIFIED
LOCK THE DOORS AND CLOSE THE BLINDS
WE'RE GOING FOR A RIDE

OH I COULD THROW YOU IN THE LAKE
OR FEED YOU POISONED BIRTHDAY CAKE
I WON'T DENY I'M GONNA MISS YOU WHEN YOU'RE GONE
OH I COULD BURY YOU ALIVE
BUT YOU MIGHT CRAWL OUT WITH A KNIFE
AND KILL ME WHEN I'M SLEEPING
THAT'S WHY

I CAN'T DECIDE
WHETHER YOU SHOULD LIVE OR DIE
OH, YOU'LL PROBABLY GO TO HEAVEN
PLEASE DON'T HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY
NO WONDER WHY
MY HEART FEELS DEAD INSIDE
IT'S COLD AND HARD AND PETRIFIED
LOCK THE DOORS AND CLOSE THE BLINDS
WE'RE GOING FOR A RIDE

*John Oliver saying cool*

Shit guys, sorry, I've been out for some days now.

REMINDER THAT FLORAL COAT

GOAT scene

What happens if someone from the team is actually filming a minisode?

What do you mean?

You sound exactly like me 25 yrs ago.

My bf (I'm a female user), ended a relationship immediately after finishing our degrees. To this day, I still have no idea why, he never explained. Completely broke my heart at the time, because I was sure we'd stay together forever.

First loves are always the hardest to get over. But, the simple fact you have already experienced that love makes your heart more open in the future.

>female user

top 3 fav episodes
RTD or Moffat
best regen story
number of bigfinish listened to

NOW

What the fuck is wrong with you

Some of us don't interact with women very often.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/NuWho_haters

KEK someone's salty

youtube.com/watch?v=UpSzyvAsaEg
HAPPY [22ND] BIRTHDAY

I should point out that it's the same person who was editing it earlier today, too.

Neither do I but bombarding them with questions about their tastes in Doctor Who probably won't help

Whonatics article when?

Hi /who/ - what's everyone up to on this fine evening?

Are these the twats getting upset over the nuwho haters wiki page?

The usual

nothing

Yep. It's fucking hilarious.

Nothing much, halfway through Dalek Invasion of Earth. Had some actual plans today but they got canceled back to sitting on my ass and watching Classic Who like I've done nonstop for the past two weeks

Really makes you think

o-oh. Not got anything to watch/read/listen to? There's a while to go yet but Edge and I are having a comfy movie date at 7pm EST, assuming he hasn't forgotten. We'll be streaming the tv movie, and everyone's welcome, so if you're bored and still have nothing to do, you ought to come along.
Speaking of that:

pls no forget date

I checked the FB page and I see the distinguished Adam Orford has weighed in on the conversation, because of course he has. I'm surprised they haven't given up yet.

>halfway through Dalek Invasion of Earth
Pretty good choice there, user. And don't feel bad about sitting around watching Classic Who - as long as you're happy, there's nothing wrong with that. "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time," and all. But, for the record: if you're not happy, /who/'s here for you should you need the support!

Yeah, this serial is pure kino. I know, thanks, /who/ is more supportive than a lot of my IRL friends most of the time

I haven't forgotten, user! Looking forward to it :)

>being so devoted to hating New Who that instead of praising a writer, you say how much better they are than the new ones

You reminded me that I ought to rewatch it, actually, but I've got so much stuff piling up that I want to get through before my next semester starts, I'll just need to add it to the list. On one hand, I'm glad that /who/ can be there for you, but on the other, I'm sorry to hear that your irl friends don't support you quite as much as they perhaps should. At least, if nothing else, you'll always have this weird bunch of internet strangers here to give you a helping hand.

Excellent! Hopefully a bunch of people will join us for the ultimate comfy movie night, it'll be great.

YOU GUYS ARE SO WHOLESOME I LOVE IT

TOP KEK

I would join you but I'm watching the classics in order and was going to finish with the comfy movie. It's not that they aren't supportive but I feel like they just don't really understand me and they always leave me out of shit without caring. Man do I love all you /who/res

I'm a female user in my 50s. Visit /who/ regularly, married, 2 teenage sons and a daughter age 11.

Been told to get a trip but prefer my anonymity.

I also have this level of 'tism, I can't watch classic who streams because I'm incredibly anal about watching things in order.

Don't forget to bring snacks for ultimate comfy

Love you too, user!

>actually thinking the BBC is that bothered by you not renewing your TV license

>Called Lymmy user

I have failed you I am sorry

Do you want to hit me once for being bad?

I don't believe you.

It's McGann/Tennant fan solidarity, nothing but the purest of love shared between us.

No worries at all, that's a noble pursuit and I wouldn't want to interrupt your watch order. Have you seen the tv movie before? I'd guess you probably have, but I've encountered a surprising amount of people who've just never gotten round to it. Ah, yeah. I know the feeling all too well, and it sucks. I wish there was some sort of advice I could give to help remedy the situation for you, but I'm afraid I've never even managed to fully solve the problem for myself. All I can say is that hopefully one day they'll come to their senses and appreciate you and your interests that bit more and... if they don't, well, I'm very certain you'll find someone else out there who will. Not that I'm suggesting you cut ties with your current friends, but all the same, you deserve to be surrounded by people who appreciate you.

>Don't forget to bring snacks for ultimate comfy
Always. It wouldn't be a proper movie night without snacks, would it?

Edge, why 10th is such a cringe in series 3? I know he misses Rose badly, but he's such a dick it's hard to watch.

I am here, watching him and asking "why???".

Also it's really funny how Ten/Simm seems to be more hit and miss compared to 12/Missy. I really like the friendship vibe and not the dominatrix/abusive/whatever the hell that was bullshit.

Also Edge, please do tell me, do you think 10/SimmMaster is a sexual relationship?

>being this original

I saw that vid yesterday, popped up in my recommended for whatever reason. Although I agree with the core message, the video it's just him reeing for 15 minutes.

I saw it once when I was very little, and then again when BBC America was doing those Doctor Who Revisited specials and I loved it. Every Who fan should be forced to watch it imo Thanks, I've been trying to make some new friends. I'll stop derailing /who/ with my personal problems though

Yeah, I wouldn't call him a hack fraud, a shit writer, sure, but I'm not sure where he gets hack fraud from.

Here is a rare picture of McGann and Tennant

He's too busy crying over Rose to notice that he's hilariously friendzoning Martha, he's pretty oblivious

12/Missy is comfy, she's great fun to watch.

I dunno about 10/Simm, Davies and his ~GAY AGENDA~ amirite? No but seriously 10 seemed like he was pretty down to get pegged by the Master all the fucking time, he was whipped. Even after going on a murdering rampage 10 invited him into the TARDIS. Twice.
>'pls come with me into my time machine that you totally won't abuse, you killed like thousands of people, I can make you better maybe'
>are you asking me out on a date
>wonder what i'd be without you
>now i have someone to care for

Also the bondage chair. The fucking bondage chair. That entire scene.

Davies really loves his gay undertones.

This is like those Trekkies who still can't accept that TNG is a show.

>tfw spam is the most reasonable post in a group

Why are these guys so assblasted by the NuWho Haters page on the wiki? I've had to undo half a dozen edits by these loons.

They're old and dying.

I agree. At the very least so they can get to fully appreciate Eight in that scene with his new shoes. Probably my favourite bit in the entire movie. No worries, people talk about personal shit all the time on here. Nobody really minds, and we're discussing the show alongside it anyway. /patpat

>the love in tennant's eyes as he stares up at mcgann
He knows. He understands.

who here /hugefanoffascinatingdoctorcharacter/

>I just don't want to see a woman in the lead roll in my favorite TV show plain and simple

>Dr Whop

Stereotypical Italian Doctor when?

So i just listened to the 'master' audio.
Fucking hell that was actually pretty great. This might just be my favorite audio so far.
What other doctor who audios are considered high tier? I can't seem to find a recommendation list.

Have you listened to "Davros"? that's pretty top tier as well and you'd probably like it if you enjoyed "Master"

It's just loss of a love. It'll pass.

You can certainly be that happy again. Maybe a different sort of happy.

This is a couple of years old but pretty good.
It's not like there have been any memorable Doctor Who audios in the meantime.

That's a good list. It's also worth branching out to other radio dramas as well, outside of Big Finish, and even outside of Doctor Who. Neverwhere, Good Omens, and the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (fun fact, the radio series is the original, before the books) are the best audio dramas the BBC have produced imho.

You got any more radio drama recommendations?

Different user. BBC LOTR was legendary before film adaptations, also literally massive in era of physical media. Asimov Foundation is good too, its on Archive.org.

Tbh Radio 4 (sometimes 3) churn out an endless amount of good content. I like the adaptations they did of Pepys Diaries.

Keep in mind my only real source for this is basically BBC Radio 4, my reccomendations would be any of the adaptations of something by Wally K Daly or Ray Bradbury, if you like sci fi a lot, Mort by Terry Pratchett is pretty good also but that's just Terry Pratchett in general.

Personally, I love easy listening, usually sitcoms, about 20 mins long. There's one called "Cabin Pressure" that I absolutely love. Sometimes BBC will put out something with Big name actors in it, and that usually means the SFX and sound quality will be fantastic, though that doesn't automatically make the thing good.

There's also some great comedy sketch shows, like "That Mitchell and Webb Sound", and a Monty Python-esque one called "I'm sorry I'll read that again" but that one is incredibly absurd

>There's one called "Cabin Pressure" that I absolutely love.
That was the first full radio show I listened to, and it's spectacularly funny. Definitely worth a listen for those who haven't heard it before.

>still doing this shit

>Asimov Foundation is good too, its on Archive.org.
As are all five seasons of the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, and probably a lot of other really old audio dramas

Is it worth listening to every single audio?

I'm not sure if that's even possible.

every Big Finish? every audio file in general?

Well, it is... but it'd take quite a while.

So it just occoured to me that the reason ten acts so off from Journeys end up until end of time part 2 is because when he regenerated in journeys end, his face may have changed but his attitude shifted just a little as well as the fact that that vetsion of the doctor experienced regeneration but kept the same face (a near death experience kind of)

Well, no, I was exaggerating. But I mean, is it worth listening to most main range audios or just sticking to the recommended ones?

I started to work through the Eighth Doctor audios and then recommended ones from the main range

I'd say it's worth it up to A Death in the Family.

Wanderer, did you do this?

Because it's annoying that this was just dropped on the his board, without the context of:

1) This is during the Thames Frost Fair, where races you wouldn't usually mix and mingle came together.

2) The 12th Doctor is a flippant sarcastic alien. He's intentionally being a little gruff.

The best part about this is that in Trust Me, when she says that line the person she's talking to reacts along the lines of: "What? Ohh, is this because you're a woman? You're just as good as any man."

Doctor Who is still for queers.

;) u know it babe