I know I'm late but can we talk about this?

I know I'm late but can we talk about this?
Just saw it and I really enjoyed it. Didn't feel its length at all, despite almost lasting 3 hours.

JJL is my oldfu

It's Tarantino's pleb filter

Tarantino has some weird unhealthy black fetish

This. Idiots complain it's not as good as Django, despite the only similarity between them being the western setting.

yeah you're a pleb if you enjoy this overwritten shit. Goggins and JJL barely saved it despite having to work with such a trash script

Was good till Kurt Russel died

ISSA BLACK MALE THANG

it's extremely similar to Django though. both mediocre movies that are twice as long as they need to be. Hateful 8 just has less action so it easier to convince people that it's a "smart" movie

django is probably one of tarantinos worst films though

this movie is quintessential tarantino - all about the atmospheric tension and how the characters react within that environment

What, you're not a fan of Sam's black pecker?

besto tarankino movie

kill bill > reservoir dogs > pulp fiction > inglorious basterds > jackie brown > hateful eight > django unchained > deathproof

Though the movie isn't Tarantino's best, it's thoroughly enjoyable except for all those overlong takes that were shot just to indulge in the Ultra Panavision 70's aspect ratio. I don't really understand how people who enjoy Tarantino films can find this one so irritating considering it has the exact same elements that every other Tarantino film has, none terribly executed either. I sure hope Reddit has not poisoned this board so much, lest we have this thread 10 years from now with some philistines now praising it as his best work, vis-a-vis the blind praise Eyes Wide Shut gets on this board.

How are they so strikingly similar plotwise?

I liked the takes. It wasn't 2001 level stuff and I'm a sucker for winter landscapes.
One thing that took me out of the movie was when Quentin narrated. I could tell that it was him and he was so excited to do it, so it broke >muh immersion.

took my dad to the theatre on his bday to see this and he loved it

I excused myself to go to the bathroom for the dick sucking scene since I didnt want to experience the awkwardness, he loved the movie

I did not enjoy the hateful eight way too bloody like ridiculously bloody it looked awful they're were some good scenes but overall it just wasnt that good.
As far as django djangos good untill you watch something like 12 years a slave and birth of a nation after that it looks like a weak and disrespectful portrayal of southern slavery
Surprisingly the original script for django and the h8ful 8 was a million times better than the the one used in the actual movie

I know what you mean i was so embarrassed when that scene came up Tarantino can be a real degenerate sometimes

kurt russel is the only reason i watch the movie, and i enjoyed him in it

My only real problem with the movie is the flashback scenes after the intermission. It didn't need to be there and didn't really add anything of substance to the movie.

Inglorious Basterds > Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill > Reservoir Dogs > Jackie Brown > Django Unchained > Hateful Eight > Death Proof

>IT ALL TAKES PLACE IN ONE ROOM

cries the mentally challenged redditor.

It's fucking KINO, OP. Every last minute of it.

I was surprised by how good an actor channing tatum is when the movie doesn't just focus on his good looks

Do people not like single/few location movies? I love them

He's a fine actor with a pretty good range.

this

could've been a great trapped-in-winter suspense but Tarantino single-handedly ruined it with his dogshit

> late 1800s
> a 110lbs woman is a vicious serial killer
> loud mouthed black talking crazy shit (this wouldn't have even happened in the 1970s, let alone the 1870s
> white men, white MOUNTAIN men at that, giving a fuck about offending the sensibilities of a black man
> Confederate general ashamedly 'hiding out' like some deposed Nazi in Brazil

Good actors
decent performances
plausible plot
dumb fucking story and dialogue

What was the deal with the slow motion? I thoguht my computer was fucking up for a second

>JJL
You just made me have to go to IMDb and look through the cast for someone whose name fits this pattern. Why do this. Just spell it out you lazy fuck. I mean I took the time to burn you, maybe I'm just better.

Everybody except you knew who he meant.

pulp > kill bill > hateful > dogs > jackie > basterds > django > dp

It's his best movie and if you disagree you're trash at movies.

Its got ennio morricone doing the score so its already watchable in my books

redditor dogs is his worst. he followed up with his best though Pulp Fiction

I don't think Tarantino really prioritize character's realism. more so how interesting and conflictional his characters are.

I agree insofar as it's his best since Pulp.
Really wish I could have made it to the 70mm screenings.

It's good, but SJ monologues are now eye rolling cliches. It was a good movie that pulled off the locked in one room mystery/suspense well.

Pulp Fiction is more reddit than Reservoir Dogs you bloddy pleb

>It was a good movie that pulled off the locked in one room mystery/suspense well.
It actually didn't. In fact, it was quite shit at that and failed on all accounts.
Go watch
Murder on the Orient Express
Death on the Nile
Fritz Lang's M
The Long Goodbye
The Maltese Falcon
that are far superior to Quenchin Fartatino's trash.

>Quenchin Fartatino
That wasn't funny at all.

It doesn't really hold up well on rewatches. You begin to notice how artificially drawn out the dialogue is

>You mean, you're [Blank]?
>Yes
>The VERY same [Blank] that [Blanked] [Blank] back in [Black]
>The very same
>Huh, well I'll be damned.

And so on and so forth. How many fucking times did they have to reiterate how many members of the gang were waiting in Red Rock towards the end?

1. Hateful 8
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Kill Bill 1&2
6. Death Proof
7. Jackie Brown
8. Django

what is Jackie Brown

Hateful eight was entertaining enough the first time but just gets worse and worse the more you watch it. Too many ponderous, obligatory feeling stretches of dialogue and violence, and not enough world building to justify it. There were bits of stirring commentary mixed in but whatever points it was trying to get across seemed to get swallowed up by the blood and violence. Becoming my least favorite of his.