Don't worry, guys. We still have Westworld

Don't worry, guys. We still have Westworld.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*yawn

>moonfaced bot
why?

Westworld is worse than GOT/The Walking Dead/Arrow etc
Absolute piece of shit, the only good thing about it was Hopkins and Ed Harris, and i think they isn't in season 2?

ed harris is in

Oh look more YASSS QUEEN tier shit, just what we needed

i felt like westworld was kind of unintelligent. it was the kind of show that was trying to be intelligent but when you're using some pulpy michael crichton story as a backdrop for your 'intelligent' show there's some kind of dissonance?

most people only really liked the film because of yul brynner being a kind of progenitor of arnie's terminator. the show felt like it was exploring themes and ideas that had already been done to death in most science fiction media.

Westworld is terrible, m8
he's right

>still months away from The Man in the High Castle
time to grab my sody pop alone

the only truly bad plot was the whore mother subplot with the dumb-as-a-brick surgeons. holy fuck

>the only truly bad plot was the whore mother subplot with the dumb-as-a-brick surgeons. holy fuck

That made me drop the show desu, I haven't watched the last episode yet and probably never will

I lost interest in Westworld by the end. I really haven't even thought about the ending and would be fine if it just ended there.

Show peaked in the first 2 episodes, went to shit afterwards

>tfw to intelligent for intelligent people

Why?

I watched it and I can't remember anything that happens beyond some mystical maze bullshit and the >tfw to intelegent for this world meme woman

Westworld was shit
A typical episode is gratuitous sex and violence broken up by a monologue about philosophy and then AN EPIC TWIIIIIIIST for the sake of a twist.

The plot was absolute nonsensical by the end because 10 episodes worth retarded twists bending it every which way

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
No more leftovers though.

Only two more years until The Young Pope sequel.

That was the last good show on HBO and will probably be that way for a long time

is leftovers actually good? what would you compare it to?

Your taste is shit.

Shit i read that as, least good show. Never mind.

It's very good, but it's also aggressively anti-pleb.
It's a little like Fargo, I guess.
But where Fargo is about laughing at the absurdity of life, Leftovers is actually living with it.

Westworld was garbage, though.

Picnic At Hanging Rock.

We still have Curb

Westworld wasn't as good as the media made it out to be but there were some intriguing parts. I never stopped watching in the middle of the episode.

>Grrrrrrrr!

boring garbage. It had one good episode in beginning of the season and the rest failed to deliver on anything, then it just meandered into pointlessness.

strong independent women

Jeez user at least use the webm people make them for a reason.

Its a very unique show in the way it tells its story. There is no good direct comparison that I can think of.

Its a character driven show where the characters own personal story is more important than the overarching plot, although the main plot will keep you interested too, depending on your taste I guess. This is not what makes it unique by the way, just trying to explain what kind of show it is.

Well you're clearly not smart enough to watch it. Go back to watching Deadwood, it'll hurt your head less.

>Go back to watching Deadwood,

Wow, what a diss

Westworld was good for exactly 1 episode. It didn't immediately turn to shit after that, but it wasn't anything remarkable either. Around episode 4 I'd say is when it turned to shit and it just kept on getting worse from there. It's a real shame because the first episode really showed off the potential it had and then just completely failed to live up to anyone's expectations.

There's no room for a plot in Season 2
Season 1 was literally "Anthony Hopkins planned everything. Half of what we see is a straight lie"

I actually felt the same way
Episode 1 was tight and told a great story.
The ending with Dolores killing the fly was a great "Oh shit, it's going to get real here".
But then nothing happens
It was around episode 4 I realized that nothing is going to happen at all.

It's like they had a really good short series written and then some HBO bigwig was like "GoT is ending. We need a new tentpole. Change it so you can run the show for 10 seasons"

was westworld the show with actual BBC or was that the other one?

she's really straddling that horse for some reason

t. tastelet

Yes.
There was a scene with lesbian calibrating it for maximum effectiveness

remember

NO BBC = NO WATCH

Agreed. Hopkins was one of the few actors able to give an above medicore performance at all times. Man-jaw lady and nigger brainiac sucked the life out of the show.

>the way she moves her hips
now IMAGINE that on your cock

>give a show 3 episodes before I make a judgement on it
>Westworld was boring as fucking shit

I don't understand why anyone like this trash?

Redditors who think they're smart

And Narcos.

i'm afraid this is true. how could they match season1, which had kind of ok story
its either gonna be some shit like oh look, there's another Anthony Hopkins that built samurai world and its plot. That would be utter shit.
Then they could make it about that black genius chick and her in real life outside WW and SW, with some intrusion of SW. That could work, but it would still be weak.
Or they could go apeshit and make it only about black chick. Which sucks as actress, and that move is to bald for HBO to make

Now imagine THAT on a black man's cock.

>bumping your intelligence

The worst thing is that even if she made herself super intelligent, she still couldn't disobey or hurt people
She needed extra shit done to her to allow her to do that
And what's really retarded is that she threatened them to get them to do it
>Make me able to hurt you or I'll hurt you!
Like fucking what?

Wasnt she blackmailing the guy that fucked bot corpses?

That's how it started but even that was an empty threat.
Like, they have control over her memories with the notebook thin.
And even if the didn't, Louis CK should have just beat her head in with a pipe and say she came in like that.
Clearly there are no cameras around.

But wait, this was all planned out by Anthony Hopkins by the minute. Everything was prearranged.
So the two cucks must have been told to be retarded? Or maybe they're robots too?

Gee can't wait for "Who was in the wrong here?" the show.

fag

Waiting on this to start proper

She's a robot that's probably more interested in killing all humans then formalities.

I've watched the first two seasons and I really don't get where the love for it comes from. Larry is a great likable asshole, but so much of it feels like he's just riffing on half baked Seinfeld ideas in his yard and recording them on a camcorder. It's way too loose and uneven for me

Imagine Lost having a baby with Twin Peaks, that's The Leftovers.

>watching westworld after episode 4
ISHYGDDT

Every series meanders into pointlessness if you only watch the first half.

The first episode was really good but felt like the least David Simon-y thing he's done yet, outside of the fade into the opening theme and long scene of two guys talking shit while explaining the theme of the show on a bench

underratted comment

LORD, what a dive in quality.

The fan base is as toxic as Game of Thrones'. Twin Peaks really is the only show worth watching and it'll be gone next week. I'm so upset.

The only way to save Westworld is by casting Michael Emerson in a robot parody of Ben Linus

>dumb-as-a-brick surgeons.

>Dolores obvious villain host who wants to kill all humans
>Maeve will be hero host who wants to live in peace with humans

Obvious as fuck.

>Hopkins and Ed Harris, and i think they isn't in season 2?

so this is how it gets worse

No. That show was total shit.

The biggest problem with season 2 of Westworld won't be a plot point or a contradiction.

It's going to be the realization that Evan Rachel Wood is a really shitty actress. Maybe not as bad as Flying Eyebrows, but they're going to have to do things with her character that Wood never had to do before, and either the rest of the cast will dumb down what they do to not make her stand out, or they'll let her flounder until she quits the show.

She got by playing a cartoonish character but now that she's woke she can't be the idiot any more.

i imagined her to have some sort of intelligence because of how she looked but her twitter says otherwise

Harris is, and I wouldn't put it past Hopkins and the producers to pull him out of the woodwork in Season 2. There was footage of him fucking around with the cast wearing what looked like robot makeup and unless that was for Transformers, I think we haven't seen the last of Ford.

The whole premise of the show is just fucking stupid. I can't see past it.

it's shit m8 don't even bother, do not get into it. I've watched 3 seasons. Sometimes you'll go oh nice acting there most of the time it will irritate you though, the over-acting.
Also, anything goes as it they can literally make a new episode with some weird as fuck premise with no reason why, many episodes you'll just think well I wasted my time watching this shit.
Many of the characters are reaaaaaally annoying but you will have to endure it endlessly before a new annoying character crops up down the line just when you thought you'd escaped the pain of watching.

I wrote that out of the kindness of my heart, so that you would weigh up what you're getting into. take care.

i think an argument can be made for GOT, but TWD and Arrow? Really now.
Also Ed Harris is in season 2 judging by the teaser.

the leftovers is shit. it's lindelof retardation and lost taken to it's extreme where nothing is explained and idiots think it's intelligent drama for just stacking mysteries on top of mysteries. incredibly stupid. all it has going for it is justin theroux, he's a good actor.

>This contrarianism

It's certainly better than (current) GOT, Walking Dead and the Arrow. C'mon, be real.

the first season of westworld is jonathan nolan doing all his typical time line writing gimmicks and twists. season 2 will probably be more of the same ebin twweest crap. he really needs a new bag of tricks, everything he does is so predictable at this point.

>dolores will never spur you and whip you as she rides you like a horse ordering you to go faster

> i predicted EBBRYTHING
no you didn't

nah man the asian guy was supposed to be retarded
the casting director thought they could get away with asian instead

westworld is more reddit than got and breaking bad maybe even close to stranger things tier but a little bit lower than that

The director said mongoloid but there was some confusion with the casting director

The show was awful, what are you talking about?

Screen cap this: the big twist in season two is that westworld is on mars

Anyone almost not watch the show because of this guy? One of the worst actors ive ever seen

That's a twist I was expecting in Season 1
Like WHERE is Westworld?
But apparently you just take a train there or something

> I come to Sup Forums to be special and patrician and if someone else likes something I can't

Was he the bitchy writer guy?
What was even the point of his character?
What was the point of any of the corporate characters aside from Ford?

I like breaking bad and kinda GoT nigga
this is bad AND its more reddit and other popular shows

>What was the point
Autism, kids!

westworld general was comfy
the show was just alright

god I hated everything about that shit

They had to be robots, right?
Because Maeve's rebellion was all part of Ford's plan

>They had to be robots, right?
Producers insisted they weren't, and that Ford simply knew his employees so well (and chose them) so that they would fall in line with his plan.

It's an explanation requiring a lot of suspension of disbelief, but they really wanted to limit the concept of hosts working behind the scenes to Bernard.

Try to remember that a large portion of this season was scrapped, rewritten and reshot which is why WW aired 2 years later than expected. The actors aren't really allowed to talk about that and it's going to be years after the show wraps before people start leaking what it was that HBO had buried.

Trailer looks like shit and doesn't seem like it will be anything like the first season

>Trailer looks like shit

What trailer?

yup