(TV_series)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_(TV_series)

>Confederate is an upcoming American television and alternate history drama series set in a timeline where the American Civil war ended in a stalemate. David Benioff and D. B. Weiss are developing the series for the network HBO. The two previously developed the HBO series Game of Thrones.

>Confederate chronicles events leading to the "Third American Civil War". It takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone – freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate, and the families of people in their thrall.

Is Sup Forums hyped?

Just sounds fucking idiotic. Also very vulnerable to coming across as propaganda and race baiting.

Also, how the fuck would slavery work in the modern economy? Owning a slave would mean you also have to pay for lodging, food and clothing for the slave. Not to mention that even back in the day only the very rich could afford slaves in the first place and the disparity between rich and poor is even bigger now so how the fuck would it even be a problem now?

So they're switching from subtle propaganda to just propaganda now?

Can't wait to see all the triggered far-left SJW's and far-right Sup Forumstards.

>DABID WHAT IF THERE WAS STILL SLAVES DABID

Seriously, this. I can't imagine this show as favoring either side. Which is exactly why I'm excited for it.

I'm looking forward to it. Any representation of the South is good.

>the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate

so they will portray jews then?

Oh come on this is clearly to going to be another anti white BLM propaganda show made for the SJW liberal audience and you know it

>jews in charge of controversial american alternate history
you just know how it's going to be, why bother?

The series will be garbage and not worth watching, but I can't wait for the shitshow that it will cause on Sup Forums

I can't fucking wait for this to bomb. With no GRRM material these hacks will flounder and fail at story telling.

How's it going to be?

I guess Netflix or Amazon had already bought the rights to Underground Airlines, and they had to come up with their own version?

Cast it, Sup Forums.

What a retarded concept, even if the South somehow magically fucked the Union in the ass and completely took over there is no way there would be slaves in a modern 1st world country. Why don't they just take a camera to Africa and film the real thing that's still going on.

What will the moral be? "Slavery is bad"?

What new and novel idea.

notice how it's always divisive retards on the extreme right who post this image

found one of the triggered far-left sjw's or alt-right Sup Forumstards

Samuel L. Jackson as an uncle tom figure.

Idris Elba as a Confederate general and slave owner.

Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key as two quirky slaves who find themselves in the middle of a nationwide conspiracy.

>giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution
Is this even plausible? Are there even any European countries that still have slaves?

>if you aren't an extremist zealot you obviously don't have convictions
Sup Forums please

>EVIL WHITE MAN DABID
>EVIL
>WHITE
>MAN
>NOBLE NIGGERS DABID

>What will the moral be?

Not all shows need a moral. Some time the high concept just makes the show fun to watch. I wouldn't really say GoT has any strong moral themes.

I don't see why it needs to be plausible. Consider Hunger Games. Is the idea of sending a bunch of kids out into the wild to kill each other for the entertainment of others a plausible idea? The point is that it is alternate history and a high concept.

Can't wait for the scenes of black men fucking the plantation owners wives/daughters.

>being RACIST
ummm sweetie it's 2017

but your webm is about lesbians, not niggers

Slavery is bad and black people are saints.

Its retarded because

(a) If the Confederates won Gettysburg, the North would have been utterly defeated. Any history book would indicate this.
(b) There was no coming back from Gettysburg for the Confederates.
(c) The only believable condition under which the Confederates "won" and would keep a divided America is if Napoleon somehow teleported an entire army to the South to stop the trail of tears and force a stalemate.
(d) They would have to pull some utterly retarded bullshit like Confederate McFly inventing gatling guns during the civil war and trenched gun lines lined up all the way from Virginia to Tennesee.
(e) There would be a massive ratio of 5 interracial sex scenes for 1 action scene.

Its just fucking stupid. And thats without going into

this discussion. Part of the argument supporting the abolition of slavery is the slave trade more or less was going the way of the dodo and it was actually costing America more overall in the long run to keep slavery than to do away with it. The slave trade simply is not financially feasible compared to modern globalism. Who needs black slaves that need to be maintained, regulated, and indoctrinated when you can just hire Mexican maids for quarters?

>"Slavery is still legal lmao" is a high concept

GoT has lots of themes about religion, equal rights, ruling classes, caste systems, and that's just the shitty dumbed down show.

I'm assuming you're shitposting since you keep saying high concept.

>I don't see why it needs to be plausible.
Because it is usually more entertaining if it is plausible. How am I supposed to believe the rest of Europe and the U.S. would still be on friendly terms with the South? Also what would it have even evolved into? What would they be doing. I'm okay with Alternate history that isn't realistic if it doesn't take itself too seriously, like the confederates being contacted by aliens or some shit, but this just seems stupid.

>Is the idea of sending a bunch of kids out into the wild to kill each other for the entertainment of others a plausible idea?
Yes? A good deal of human history was filled with death and violence as entertainment.

>thought this was about cuckoldry
>it's about a surrogate mom and a gay couple
I need to stop coming here. It's messing with my head.

>giving Dumb & Dumber another show
This is bound to fail. And not because of subject matter, but because these two hacks will be exposed for their lack of talent and everyone will realize they coasted off the success of another man's work. I can't wait to see it blow up.

It would never have been greenlit in this political climate otherwise.

>people actually expecting an unbiased and fair portrayal of the confederacy from kike&kike

Agreed, it will be great watching them torn to shreds. And they're both privileged, wealthy white men so they can't fall back on the race card.

We're talking about a modern setting though. He asked if slavery is plausible in a modern setting, particularly in modern United States and Europe.

Well no, that's definitely not. But I was specifically talking about his comparison of modern slavery existing to children killing each other.

One is ridiculous and completely silly, and the other is something that could potentially happen, and has happened in the past. Its goofy to compare them because Confederacy obviously has zero logic and is designed to be controversial for views.

What would be a fair and unbiased portrayal of slave owners?

Go watch Gone With the Wind.

Meme TV

Clearly the CSA dindu nuffin! They wuz good boys fighting for states rights!

I think you're assuming the show would just be the modern America we are used to, but with slaves in part of it. I've got no idea what these hacks will do, but I think you can assume that if the US was split in two it wouldn't be the preeminent world power and would in fact be something of a shithole, at least the South would be anyway. I think it'd be like El Salvador or some other Central American banana republic where you have this teeny, tiny elite controlling 95% of the wealth and almost everyone else living in grinding poverty. Replace maquiladoras with plantation-factories.

What would be a fair and unbiased portrayal of slave owners in 2017?

The north is going to look normal and modern, the south will look old timey. D&D can't into logic and they can't into originality.

I highly doubt they would have kept Slavery around for all these years. It just isn't economically feasible and to think doing that wouldn't piss off other European countries sound dumb to me. You could maybe make a show where the confederate won, eventually abolished Slavery but kept segregation or something. Or deported them to some African country.

it's going to have tons of sex and violence

and scenes where they sell naked brown qts and compare their butts and shit like that

>I think you're assuming the show would just be the modern America we are used to, but with slaves in part of it. I've got no idea what these hacks will do

The TV show that succeeded the best at this kind of concept was SLIDERS, and SLIDERS never overstayed its welcome on a concept because lol dimensional surfing just have fun watching.

Deportation wouldn't have been economically feasible.

I think you guys are missing the fact the show will turn slavery into a modern institution. It probably won't be slaves living in shitty outhouses in the back of their slaver's mansions with slave auctions in the town square. There will probably be a company that specializes in slaves, probably holding them in jail like cells and put on display for potential buyers.

In Underground Airlines there are laws in the US that forbid the import/purchase of products made by slaves, so they route everything through shell companies overseas to circumvent them.

Will they have bombs in their brains that explode when they go too far away?

idk, but that would be pretty cool, although probably too scifi and illogial. Could just have a police force specialized in searching for runaway slaves.

This is retarded modern technology has made farming eith slaves obsolete and the south isnt their slave labour to make iphones because they do t have the natural rescources a modern south would be impossible to sustain on pine and coal. Their fertile fields are much more coet effective to run with modern machines

What would they do? Be sex slaves? Do you think the U.S. would still get along with that? I could believe Slavery sticking around for many years after the civil war but for 150 years? I doubt it. You have to remember that the South wasn't completely abandoning Europe and the U.S. they kept the government largely similar to the U.S. government. They even saw themselves as continuing to trade with the U.S. The U.S. would not have gotten along with them if they kept slavery for all those years. It's likely they might even embargo the Confederacy at some point.

Then the show becomes Supercop: Slave Wars, where Jackie Chan the Interpol agent travels around the world taking ladders into the faces of confederate slave traders.

>slavery in the modern world is impossible!

They'll either go full on white people are racist and evil which everyone is sick of, or they try to have a sympathetic confederate character like Obergruppenfuhrer Smith and get blasted by the SJWs.

Maybe D&D should make a show about sweatshops, then.

Not as a major institution in a European country.

SJWs are already blasting them and they can't say shit because they're rich white dudes, lmao

I said slavery in the south is impossible they cant into industrial revolution to run a modern manufacturing sweatshop because lol south has no iron it has fertile fields lumber and coal. They would not survive a modern era how would they even build weapons for their army ? Eitu out resources the south is basically swamp turned farm and as ive said modern machine is much more cost effective than slave labour in that regard

The difference is that they're actually being paid for their labor and not being treated as literal property.

Just another reminder that numales can NEVER win

>It's a blatant race-bait-shit-stirring episode

Just what this country needs more of right now.

Id gladly watch a show where the south stalemates and has to transition off slavery because slavery literally wontnbe profitable in the south in a modern setting

Is Delaware north or south? The Mason-Dixon Line runs through the state.

This would actually be a neat show honestly. Instead I feel like they will just lazily draw parallels with modern society like making McDonalds have african slaves taking your order.

>the series ends with the slaves killing all the whites and having the south as their own black nation as an allegory for antifa's impending victory over the alt-right

The real deal for the show's setting could be the Chinese or the Russians using the South as a proxy state against the European-allied North. So expect AKs everywhere in the South.

radical centrism is the master race

>north remain 99% white
>it actually turns out to be pro alt-right

Delaware sided with the North.

That would be fucking interesting though, so no chance in hell of that happening.

>Seriously, this. I can't imagine this show as favoring either side. Which is exactly why I'm excited for it.
You realize it's by D&D right? They are going to ponder to the left, dummy.

Not to mention that is completely out of the depth of these two writers.

If done right this could be amazingly interesting, because it really is a doosy of a question to ponder what America would be like today had the civil war had a different outcome.

But we all know it won't be done right.

no because i dont believe these 2 hacks can make anything good.

Jews

My first thought too. Verdant ground for all sorts of blacked scenarios, forbidden love, inevitable cuck story where a white plantation owner is pitiful in bed and his pure innocent blonde wife must find satisfaction in BBC.

>"Hey, that might be an interesting premise. Maybe they-"
>D._B._Weiss_and_David_Benioff.jpg
>"Oh."

Thinly veiled Sup Forums thread

Same cowardly dipshits posting in it.

Sup Forums IS pol bitch. We run this whole shit.

Schlomo Shekelberg buying slaves from Abdul Achmed and M''tikbpp Mungboza to sell to John Smith who eventually leads a worldwide effort to destroy slavery in his homeland and also in every part of the world at gunpoint with blood, sweat, and tears, but gets the reputation of being the inventor and sole perpetrator of slavery anyway,

Youre implying a country founded on white supremacy would side with a bunch of chinks and commis ? How retarded are you ?

That sounds cool as fuck. Too bad D&D will completely destroy an awesome premise by making it some jew propaganda shit with terrible writing.

It's going to be biased against right wingers you retards, the slaves will uprise and shit which will inspire a hundreds of niggers to kill whitey.

>Youre implying a country founded on white supremacy would side with a bunch of chinks and commis ?

America is a country founded on democratic principals and independence and its trading with a bunch of chinks and commies for quite a while now.

I'm sure it'll be great and totally not a brainwashing exercise of "hey look at this great diverse multicultural utopia in the north" and then have the south living in the stone ages while raping and beheading blacks in every scene

Don't forget

a black slave while catch the eye of a white southern girl who falls for him and helps him kill her father who is the slaveowner.

and underground resistance 'the railroad' helping niggas escape to north

These hacks have been trying to make GoT into propaganda from the start, this is just making it more apparent. No wonder GRRM gave up on the show.

The premise is more or less perfect for railroad wars, with North and South corporations fighting proxy battles for routes to transport slaves to slavery stations or freedom centers.

What is the American Civil War? I'll I've ever heard of was the War of Southern Aggression and Treachery.

Fun fact: All the countries that still has slavery are Muslim countries where there are no Jews.

Also don't you guys claim abolition was a Jew conspiracy and Hollywood's portrayal of slavery is Jew propaganda?

So which is it?

>a country founded on white supremacy

Is this what they're teaching in schools now?

America is a country founded on the power of wealth. We've been trading with chinks and commies since before we were even officially a country. Those rich white men didn't give a flying fuck what color you were as long as your money was good.

>Jews were the central player in western slavery
>Therefore if jews are the only slave driving factor

Jews are opportunists above all else.

Weren't slaves owned by rich people? Or is this just gonna portray literally everyone having a slave? I mean some places in the south, like east tennessee, wanted to side with the union because they were too poor to own slaves.