GAWD

I want to talk to the religious people out there.

Why do you believe in the later religions (Christianity, Judaism, Mudslime) if there are religions that are older (multigods, pagan)?

Are you saying these religions are "made up" and are not the "correct religion"?

But these religions came before your religion was even conceived. Would they not be derived from the first instance or sight of gods being present?

Or are you admitting that they did not see god and just made their ancient religion up?

If you can believe that these old religions (and all others that are not your own) are made up then why not your later religion which is based on these older religions and came much later?

bump

Did I stump pol?

OP it's like science..

science has been around a long time.. and even before then people were guessing at sht.

so older is not necessarily better...

Finally some people come around that establish the scientific method and stop relating sht to irrelevant sht..

and monotheism was created.

although if it were easy, everybody would have a PhD in physics..

to conclude, religion is based on observations made by people..

most of them are common sense.

although most of us are positively dense when it comes to theoretical sht.

it is there though, good luck explaining sht.

most people get by anyhow..

not many push the envelope.

>to conclude, religion is based on observations made by people..

What? But I thought religion was an absolute. It is the word of an infallible god, not observations made by people.

Also science is not an absolute because it really is observations made by people.

depends, if you see people fk up often enough...

then it's infallible proof.

if a God spoke to them...

he would say, don't be like that guy...

he ain't going anywhere.

although the government might do the same

:/

>(((monotheism)))

but even then, most observations are based on reproducible proofs..

religion has a whole "unseen" side.

sort of like family interaction or some sht

we can all understand that right?

...That's the thing about life, it fks with everyone's sht just the same.

although trump don't gotta splain sht

Are you posting from the wreckage of a car crash

Religion is just a tool to teach morals.

Religion does a better job of teaching morals than public or private schools.

Some religions have higher moral stances than others. Islam wants to kill non believers. Judaism wants to enslave non believers. Christianity wants to convert and save non believers.

You decide.

Are you drunk? You are not speaking clearly.

Judaisms a filthy little cult, it's not a religion.

Christianity and Islam are normie friendly versions of Zoroastrianism. They are useful for keeping the masses away from degeneracy but don't really lead to any kind of enlightenment.

It's important to introduce children to a monotheistic religion because they need to have moral rigidity in order to stay away from paths leading to degeneracy.

After they have been indoctrinated into a certain religion and allowed to explore adulthood, if they want to achieve a higher spiritual existence they should look to Hinduism, Buddhism, Paganism etc. and form their own view on spirituality.

I'm going to raise my children Anglican and put the fear of god in them throughout their formative years but when they leave the nest I'll have a serious word about other avenues that could be explored regarding spirituality, recommend them some literature etc.

This isn't to denigrate people who follow Monotheism but I see enlightenment as the highest goal for man and I'd like my children to have the opportunity to explore other avenues.

jews hated Christianity after john the Baptist made it available to everyone

That's the thing though. Religion really is not that moral.

It's literally the foundation of Western morals you dumb canuck fuck.

Doesn't change that it's a completely semetic religion

Calm down.

It is because you do not follow it to the letter.

let me just real quick you..

I don't drink although moms spaghetti often.

what I'm trying to say is..

if the world makes sense to you as it is, just leave it that way.

...religion is not a secret book that puts you at the top of the pile..

it shows you the pile.

riches and birches, fine clothes and palaces all await..

over my dead body.

apparently.

Here we go. It is always the same arguments...
How do you decide morality (and give a non-subjective case for it) without religion. You cannot. The end.

Religion (if you believe in it) is the only way to introduce absolute truth and thus absolute morality.

Humans created religion therefore they created the morals themselves. Not god.

Also you do not follow the bible to the letter once again change what morality is right now as opposed to what it was back then and seen as barbaric.

What u say is a problem of the religions nowadays. Just like the greeks used to believe in zeus and apolla and the romans in mars and venus etc etc. There are hundreds of these gods which people obey or used to obey. Why should that one god be 'the one'. This is one thing why religion is only for the less evolved people. We have evolved to a time where we are able to think for ourselves, but religious people are not thinking for themselves. They don't use common sense. Religion is ignorance and based of fear.

>Here we go. It is always the same arguments...

Also it's the same arguments because you cannot disprove them.

well who do you choose, the prison warden or the other one.

Not sure what you mean

>Religion is just a tool to teach morals.
ISIS and the pedophile priests are doing a bangup job. What abut the Hasidic stabber in Jerusalem?

>Religion does a better job of teaching morals than public or private schools.
Only if you cherry pick the verses and prevent the thralls from learning what horrors are hidden in the holy books.

>Some religions have higher moral stances than others.
Universally religion is a race to the immoral bottom.

never mind, your better off I suppose.

not like your building pyramids and sht.

Because the old religions aren't real they're fairy tales. It is only through embracing our lord and saviour Jesus Christ that you can get to heaven.
Its a historical fact that Jesus existed, nobody denies this but atheist scientists do deny his greatness.

My building pyramids? English is not my main language, but this really doesn't make any sense to me in this context.

Don't respond to this guyHe is a nut.

Hahaha, yea was beginning to think that

>It's literally the foundation of Western morals you dumb canuck fuck

Reprehensible Bronze Age brutality certainly explains all the degeneracy.

>If you can believe that these old religions (and all others that are not your own) are made up then why not your later religion which is based on these older religions and came much later?

Because older religions have no actual rationality to them. They're literally "dude throwing thunderbolts" New religions have grounding in philosophical conclusions about reality. Christianity has a rich history as far as relying on Greek philosophy to interpret and justify its edicts.

>But I thought religion was an absolute. It is the word of an infallible god, not observations made by people.

God communicating with you is still an observation. And again, the only Word of God religions that actually exist are the Abrahamic ones.

...at times like these.. I realise I should have waited until after graduating to pursue religion.

i find the historical evidence for the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ to be compelling enough to warrant belief in Christianity, and if Christianity is true, all other religions are false.

pharmacist bro..

build my own pyramid!

somehow you geniuses don't seem to reconcile the fact Aryans are from Iran. last I checked that's not Europe. and Christian theology is Israelite scripture with Greek philosophy but that's probably a bit too advanced for a fedora like you

>Doesn't change that it's a completely semetic religion
Jews and Arabs are just subsets of the same Semitic peoples. Not a dime's worth of genetic difference.

Because older religions have no actual rationality to them.
the new religions have no rationality to them.

>God communicating with you is still an observation.
it is not testable, a staple of science.

>people were guessing at sht.
> starts guessing and thinking he's enlightened

looks like science hasn't changed anything at all.

bout as enlightened as micheal Jackson.

:|

...plz, thank you..

your welcome.

>complains about cherry picking
>cherry picks

Fedoras are literally retarded.

>Here we go. It is always the same arguments...
I'm certain it's you failing to understand the arguments.

>How do you decide morality (and give a non-subjective case for it) without religion. You cannot. The end.

This is utterly retarded. There have been thousands of societies that were relatively successful without any religions.

Then bloodthirsty religious savages came along and killed them for being non-believers.

>Religion (if you believe in it) is the only way to introduce absolute truth and thus absolute morality.
Religion is absolute shit. It's *morality* is absolute made-up shit. A group pf men decide what religious morals are and because they use irrational fear as a primary social control tool, they are automatically the worst possible choice.

The most moral group will decide what's right for themselves without resorting to scaring the feeble-minded with fairy tales.

....the subtlety of that one will grow on you.

fks that Pepsi sht.

Don't respond to this guyHe is a nut.

>Because all religions aren't real they're fairy tales.

Let's see how much of a faggot OP is today by how much he can fuck up a rational argument with his degenerate relativist bullshit.

Christianity isn't, everything else is.

Listen faggot, Jewsus is the only way to heaven, ok? Now help me flood your nation with shitskins.

So you change the losing argument from why you believe in a certain religion to a completely different argument which assumes many things and proves nothing.

nice pivot.

>Christianity wants to convert and save non believers.

Except for all the times throughout history that they murdered innocents just because they didn't subscribe to a certain set of beliefs. Sure Christianity is peaceful for the most part in today's world, it doesn't entirely excuse it.

The problem with this is that God is not incorporeal. If you believe that Jesus is God given physical form who was resurrected and ascended to heaven then he can not be incorporeal.

>complains about cherry picking
What are you saying, you get it right 40% of the time, therefore you're the moral masters? Why are you trying to justify the atrocities? Your religion is obviously the source of immorality.

>cherry picks
If your religion was truly inspired by the sky wizard, there would be zero immorality committed by your criminal congregants.

>Fedoras are literally retarded.
Don't own a hat. You fuckwits can't even get that right.

It's all false. But the best religions which maintain freedom and a degree of control are Buddhism and Hinduism.

>Christianity isn't,

Asserted without evidence, dismissed without evidence. It isn't any different.

Abrahamic goat-fucker religions are spiraling out of control. They are identical and abhorrent. Society needs to be rid of all of them as soon as possible.

>implying I was responding to your OP
So this is just about winning to you I see. Okay, I'll respond to your stupid OP.

>But these religions came before your religion
Appeal to tradition--If something is older it must be true, a non sequitur

You entire argument is a fallacy you dumb fucking worthless fedora retarded dipshit.

>the physical incarnation of God is not transcendental
Good job, Billy. You get a gold star.

WE WUZU JEZUSU ANDO SHITTO

Arrogant and ignorance

Are you saying that Jesus is both physical and immaterial at the same time?

what is this quantum leap??!!11

>It's all false. But the best religions which maintain freedom and a degree of control are Buddhism and Hinduism.

So long as they keep the superstition at a minimum. But even these religions are not tribal anymore and you go to cloisters.
Only a family religion is worth it, anything else is a waste of your time because you'll gain nothing.

Why are you even in this debate when you don't understand the most basic shit? This is typical of every fucking fedora I come across. You retards only work with stupid dishonest straw man and don't know shit about actual theology. Fucking gas yourself already you beta cuckold.

Hinduism is some weird ass shit man

The trinity is in no way supported by the Bible and is outright contradicted in the accounts of Jesus's Baptism and the Garden of Gethsemane. What do you think the point was of Jesus demonstrating after his resurrection that he had a physical body?

Yea, Buddhism is actually the only religion I can live with. But Hinduism is not some next level shrooms. An elephant sitting on a giant rat.

>sola scriptura

Hahahaha. No. Not even bothering. Piss off proteshit. I can already tell you're not interested in actual dialogue but pure sophistry to push your gay agenda like OP.

Christ was the incarnation of God, Logos. If you have something against reason, world order, and the moral law maybe you guys should try Judaism.

It is not a non sequitur. How did you choose your religion? Why did you choose that one over the others?

>The trinity is in no way supported by the Bible and is outright contradicted in the accounts of Jesus's Baptism and the Garden of Gethsemane

>he thinks I'm not Christian

Its not sola scriptura that is the misunderstanding. John 10:30 tells us the oneness of Jesus and the Father

lol, I'm aware that as a Protestant, you and I are going to have differences, but please don't group us up with that fedora, we actually recognize the Trinity for what It is.

People think they are smarter than their ancestors. Reality is absolute intelligence and intellgience distribution has stayed the same but people have to think they are somehow more progressive than their ancestors.
go figure

If you don't believe in the Trinity, you're not a Christian.

What are you even doing on Sup Forums anyway, shouldn't you be knocking on people's doors or handing out flyers or something?

>It is not a non sequitur.
I'm convinced with that great argument! I like how you ignore everything else in your OP, the obvious implication being that because other religions preceeded "X" that it somehow makes "X" religion less true. Why don't you answer that one first?

>How did you choose your religion? Why did you choose that one over the others?
Irrelevant. Explain why you said everything in your OP if you weren't making an appeal to tradition fallacy. I want to see you worm your way out of this one too.

>literally called you a protestant
>lrn2read

When you guys act like the Church is the incarnation of Satan and all its followers are part of a brainwashed death cult I can't help but make the connection.

>you guys
people actually do that?

I'm sorry. That's completely inappropriate. My church actually has a fairly strong ecumenical dialogue with the local diocese, I wish it were more like that elsewhere.

We agree on way more than we disagree on.

Jesus and The Father are one in will not substance. The Son acts according to the will of the Father while maintaining his individuality and mind. The Son and the Father are in perfect sync.

No need to be mad, just debate friend.

>the obvious implication being that because other religions preceeded "X" that it somehow makes "X" religion less true

because it was the infallible gods first words and first "evidence" of existence. This was the first introduction of the concept of religion. All others copy and steal from them.

So God commanded himself to be sent to sacrifice himself in his own name for the sake of forgiving the sins of humanity? Seems needlessly complex, convoluted, and tautological.

Now go ahead, ignore what I said, and throw your best hat meme at me.

>8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

Replace jesus with the old testament angel of the lord , and you will see that jesus is just a vessel for god like a angel he possesed

There is only one God. That is objective truth. Just because people did not embrace it before the rise of cross and crescent does not make it untrue. People also used to believe the world was flat before they knew it was round. That doesn't make is true. Likewise, the holy truth of monotheism was true even before people embraced it. Amen.

>Thinks believing in the Trinity makes you Christian
>Not believing in Jesus

You do realize protestantism is based on the aforementioned, right? Martin Luther lead the reformation to loot the Church out of greed and lust for material gain. He was a drunk and a Jew.

>I'm going to read everything he says in an angry tone because I'm triggering him because I'm right and he knows it
>Look, he mocked me. This validates my bias
Go home, you're drunk. Literally incoherent dribble.

>Seems needlessly complex, convoluted, and tautological
Not an argument, literally just your opinion. Ultimately no one person can fully understand the mind of God since we are limited in our abilities but God is not since He is omniscient.

Here's your hat meme.

>Muh trinity

but god the father is greater then then god the son how can they be equal god?

>the obvious implication being that because other religions preceeded "X" that it somehow makes "X" religion less true

because it was the infallible gods first words and first "evidence" of existence. This was the first introduction of the concept of religion. All others copy and steal from them.

there you are princess

But Jesus showed up around 2000 years ago and the Catholic church came into being right after that

>sola scriptura

This is why religionistas are so entertaining. Take away the bible/talmud/koran and all their phony gods and goofy religions vanish like a puff of smoke

>identicle

Just say shit you autistic piece of shit.

>god the father is greater then then god the son

citation needed.

Exactly, you can't actually engage in real dialogue, you can only act like the passive aggressive beta faggot you are. I'd like to see some sources to your stupid claims as well. It's like you're making shit up as you go.

>materialism is the only viable option
>no one would ever create new religions and find the same truths ever again
>save me from this nihilism
>im too enlightened

LMAO what is this shit even?

t. Arius

In the end it doesn't matter what we believe about God. He will judge us all the same.

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

I'm still waiting for a real response friend. Take your time.

>There is only one God. That is objective truth.

That's irrational nonsense.

No gods is the obvious truth.

>Why do you believe in the later religions (Christianity, Judaism, Mudslime) if there are religions that are older (multigods, pagan)?
There are three possible explanations for older religions according to the Christian worldview:

1. Deceiving spirits around whom a mythos was built

2. The divinisation of temporal things, otherwise known as idolatry

3. An attempt to reach out to God, to the best of their ability, and to know Him insofar as they are able without direct revelation.

Point 3 requires some explanation, I think. St Thomas Aquinas breaks faith down into two categories: the articles of faith (those things that man accepts because they have been revealed directly by God) and the preambles of faith (those things that man accepts by virtue of his rational intellect). Thus, though the pagan Greeks did not receive any direct revelations from God and therefore were devoid of true articles of faith, they nonetheless grasped for Truth and caught bits of it through reason. Plato is an often used example of this latter case. He did not know Christ, but sought to know him and made significant inroads based purely on the preambles of faith. Consequently, he knew Truth, though he did not know Truth to the fullest extent.

There is also the question of prefiguration, but that's another topic.

>Are you saying these religions are "made up" and are not the "correct religion"?
They are invariably false religions, but not invariably deprived of all truth.

>But these religions came before your religion was even conceived. Would they not be derived from the first instance or sight of gods being present?
The only time God walked among man was in Eden and again in the person of Jesus Christ. All other claims can be placed in one of the above three categories.

No he won't, because he doesn't exist.

Have you considered that the hostility you encounter from Protestants isn't because you're Catholic, but because you're a cunt?

>Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
>32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.