Littlefinger was born with no lands, no wealth, no armies. He has acquired the first two...

>Littlefinger was born with no lands, no wealth, no armies. He has acquired the first two. How long before he has the army?
>Perhaps you laugh, but I know him better than most.
>And this is the truth: Littlefinger is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros.

What happened?

why do you make a new /got/ thread every ten minutes? fuck off. mods do your fucking job.

powerful men are nothing compared to YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAAAAAAAAAY

Because he was a prisoner of his own ambitions, which were self serving. That led to his downfall.

he had male genitals soooo...

he's no match for a double team of sassy, strong independent sisters...

He was dangerous. He set the war in motion via manipulation. He's the show version of real life Jews.

BRAVO

This desu, no male power can stand against womyn united

littlefinger was playing chess while bran was playing 8 dimensional go.

Death amended the ladder plan.

they myth of the man is always greater than the reality.

Most of his decisions have been pretty short sighted lacking any real long term strategy. THe only reason he has fans on here is they don't want to like any of the "normie" characters.

>playing go
>decide to kill someone instead of just using the threat for something better

he is a real shitty go player then

Every death in the War of the Five Kings is on him. His actions directly lead to the fall of several houses. Houses Tyrell, Martell, Frey, Bolton and Tully are all gone because of him.

If not for some bullshit that no one could have predicted (faceless man arya, dragons, and zombies), he would have been lord of more than half of Westeros.

FBI would have been proud.

This is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of the show for me thus far.

They really set up for Littlefinger to be a mastermind pulling the strings and an eventual end antagonist to the entire series, then had him make a series of truly terrible decisions that were entirely out of character - starting with his selling Sansa off to the Boltons. His plans really stopped making sense after that point and his endgame became exceedingly less clear.

Truly an anticlimactic end to an otherwise masterfully written character in the earlier seasons.

Turns out, he was a FUCKING WHITE MALE all along.

For some reason, he also thought surrounding himself with people who hated him was a great security plan.

I mean, did he actually think Royce was actually going to do anything?

>Most of his decisions have been pretty short sighted lacking any real long term strategy.
Is there any character that doesn't fall under that category? Littlefingers 'plans' only suck because the tv writers do

This is all a testament to how bad of a writer GRRM is and how little he has planned for the next books. None of these idiotic and terrible shit would happen had he planned any proper resolution for these characters.

He wouldn't be able to complete the books even if he lived to 90.

What was his master plan?

>>Blaming GRRM for something he literally had nothing to do with.

wew lad

How so? That fat sack of shit should have finished his story by now, if he wasn't a lazy fuck.

You're upset about an episode he didn't write during a season he had nothing to do with because a book wasn't released before a nonexistent deadline determined by entitled latecomers.

Wouldn't you have done the same thing in his place? Let some TV network rape your shitty fantasy novel in exchange for all the money and whores you could ever wish to live your last years in peace?

This

Also this also helps him write the books better desu. He knows what will work and what won't work. So its fine.

Insider here, Petyr Baelish is going to replace the Lady Stoneheart character. She had a bigger role in the finale than D&D expected, so they had to make Littefinger into the surrogate at the last minute. Don't believe me? Notice the slashed throat.

I'm not upset. If anything, I think GRRM would be the one upset after watching that episode. Still, he's to blame for this. D&D aren't good fantasy writers.
Absolutely. Still, I think it's the work of his life, his little baby. He could have made an effort to finish it.

LOL This desperate for the epic meme man to not be dead. I bet Stannis will return too, right? LMAO Fuck off, you idiot.

If he had a even a rough outline for LF's character arc the show would follow him rather than end up being a shitty fanfic

That makes no sense, they didn't dump his body or bury him. His body will probably be burned.

Funny he acquired the army of the Vale, became one of the least effective players and one of the least dangerous characters in the show the moment the fucking book finished.

> Foiled by those rascly kids!!
Pic related is Varys & Littlefinger in S6 onwards

I'm gunna make a new got thread just for you

Friendly reminder that Littlefinger made NO GAINS AT ALL after the end of Storm of Swords, where he became de facto Lord of the Vale.

4 books later, he's still just Lord of the Vale. Didn't have time to write him a good story with all these strong womyns.

Which would you prefer, a developed Littlefinger storyline or a sex scene between Grey Worm and Missandei?

He finally slipped up, and Sansa caught it.
When he was telling her all the reasons why Arya would betray her, he mentioned the letter she had wrote that Arya had "discovered".
However, Sansa believed that only she and Arya knew about the letter. Littlefinger mentioning it proved that he had knowledge of it, and if he had knowledge of it, it was 99% likely that he planted it.
I sincerely doubt that Sansa would have realistically been smart enough to see this and make the connections, but whatever, I guess I can suspend my disbelief. What's for sure is that Littlefinger fucked up without even realizing it.

i know this is a joke but it's sad how many people say this unironically

The biggest butcher is making him an obviously evil man that everyone in the show can tell is obviously evil and hate, rather than how he should be portrayed as someone that every character strangley trusts and doesn't suspect.

I probably would've preferred him ascending past Cersei as political big bad next season rather than being killed as we was, they could have had them work out what he had done but have him safe in Kings Landing pulling strings & keeping the Vale on his side of the board with Robin firmly under his thumb until Arya kills him in the final season or something.

2 teenage grils out-maneuvered him. Makes perfect sense.

Wasn't he master of coin and some other title in KL when she originally wrote it?

Quite possibly the worst executed death in Game of Thrones thus far was Littlefinger.
>a 3 minute """trial""" where the impartial Sansa made a call without evidence to kill their ally as he fell to his knees, weeping, completely breaking his entire character

This was suppose to be the master of tricks who couldn't call that the girls MIGHT be deceiving him?

And his last line of defense is what? Pleading and begging like a common nobody?

The entire scene fucking reeked of "oh shit we haven't killed anyone important all season"-syndrom, and I fucking hated it.

Replace Grey Worm & Missandei scenes with Varys in Essos scenes & replace half of Arya/Sansa scenes with LittleFinger focused scenes.

man i wish they would've actually respected littlefinger instead of making that sex scene.

I have no clue. All I know is he shouldn't have known that the letter was relevant at that moment.
People are saying that the Stark girls were scheming the entire time because YASSSS QUEEN. This is bullshit. Sansa genuinely believed Arya was a threat up until littlefinger tried to pull the trigger.

You're a fucking retard. How could he both escape Sansa from King's Landing after Joffreys death, while maintaining her trust, and remaining in King's Landing himself?

you dont even watch the show. they literally talk about the letter in a previous scene. did you forget as D&D had as well?

This. And there's reason to believe that was the plan from the beginning but D&D just didn't give a shit about him so they turned him into a joke.

He rode north in Winter and tried to turn the Starks against one another.

I think they didn't know how to write for littlefinger properly so they just killed him

They have to rush, and tie up all the plot lines, as there is very little time left. The next season is going to be complete shit.

Fanservice, that's why. They're appealing to the feminist tumblr crowd who don't give a fuck about characterization as long as they have a white man to hate. It's exactly why they turned Stannis into a douchebag and had him killed by a stronk woman.

This without bran those bitches would be dead

Probably. It felt like he was suppose to be this shady mastermind, playing for the throne in his own unique way. But writing a plot that intricate would be hard, so let's just kill him for "le epin show where we kill main characters xD".

Except if it's Jon, obviously, who's bent the knee to Danny and has taken the form of the perfect beta-male manlet cuck. Him they can all tolerate as long as it doesn't take the spotlight of muh badass dragon woman.

I'm calling it: Jaime is next on the chopping block.

The Starks are Mary Sues.

Bran now has omnipotent god powers.

Arya was a super faceless assassin in fact so badass she BTFO'd the other Faceless Men. They mentioned that one Faceless Man costs as much or more as an entire army.

They're ludicrously OP now.

Wrong. His weeping was obviously part of his manipulative tendencies, he was just deliberately trying to appeal Sansa on an emotional/humane level as a last resort

Damn it you're right, don't know how I forgot that.
Then it really was just fanservice.

1. At normal pace the current season would've lasted 3 regular seasons.
2. They need to jettison characters.
3. Littlefinger has always had a weakspot, Cat/Sansa. He may have been powerful but all the gold and power did not satisfy him. He wanted a child to truly leave a legacy and only a Tully/Stark would satisfy him.

D&D couldn't have a smart, powerful male.
So they ruined his character and killed him, just like Stannis.

Don't you get it? Only women can be good rulers

Varys and Little Finger were basically cast aside for stronk females plot lines.

And it was a fucking stupid idea. And he should have known that.

Face it, they ran out of good ideas and needed a shocker-ending so they killed someone no one really liked anyway.

Feel to KL* or at least to the Vale
Rather than wait in Winterfell to be killed.

Because a liar was defeated by Absolute Truth in Bran.

Pretty hard to build a life on lies when someone can see every truth.

He tried to kill a girl who has brother that is a nearly omniscient tree wizard, who had already let him know he knew about his plans. Seriously you'd think Littlefinger would have been a little more concerned with Bran after that, why not try and make Sansa and Arya kill him or something, he was far more dangerous to him.

His world got smaller and smaller, he had no space to maneuver at the end. Couldn't make it back to KL, only safe place was The Vale and he should have returned there at the first glimpse of Jon returning. It made no sense for his character to stay in Winterfell as the Starks were regrouping

if he couldn't make them kill each other without Bran fucking him what makes you think he'd have a chance in hell doing anything that directly threatens Bran? he'd have just died that much faster

My god, what could have been

What few friends I have think it's disgusting that I was pulling for LIttlefinger.

I don't think this world's for me bros.

>1. At normal pace the current season would've lasted 3 regular seasons.

I can actually not argue with this. Remember how the first season wasted like 5 episodes in transit? Now entire armies are telesporting all over the place.

Where the first seasons must have taken a month (tops) in-universe time, this season must have been closer to a year.

That's just shitty writing.

Littlefinger was killed as a demonstration of the tactical advantage that Bran represents.

he wanted the North. he was likely trying to find a way to remove Aegon so Sansa would rule and he thought he had her wrapped around his finger. we saw that when the lords lost their shit and suggested Sansa oust Aegon . what he didn't count on was more Starks showing up and he sure as fuck didn't expect one of them to know literally everything

He got overconfident. He thought he had more tendrils in Sansa than he did.

When the puppet cut the strings though he was suddenly left with nothing except a room full of soldiers who didn't like him that much to begin with.

What I find weird is why the Vale turned their back on him, in his hour of need. He hadn't fucked them over had he? Sure he killed their ruler but they didn't know that, and they only have Sansa's word for it.

You'd think the Vale would crusade against the Winterfell if they heard that Sansa executed their commander with THAT little evidence.

Eh, could have tried. At the very least he should have prepared for the possibility that the girls brother might just tell them about all the shit he'd done.

>Aegon

>Aegon

Are we really going to start calling Jon that now?

D&D's new plot strategy is to kill off established characters, quick and lazy writing to generate plot

He deserved more than being killed like that by smug quasimodo and a pointless red herring to the viewers.

I bet Dumb and Dumberer felt real smart about their little tweest.

No.

We already knew that though.

I don't mind that Sanse killed him. It was a ironic that the girl he groomed turned out to be his killer. I can dig it.

What I can't get behind is HOW she killed him. She should have actually outplayed him. Instead he fell for a trap his character would never actually fall for, with no backup securities in place, and no safety-net his character would definitely have.

They put his intellect on pause for a few days so that the two girls got their time to shine.

This is somewhat true, he didn't count with Bran, though it is hard to imagine what did he tell to his sisters off-camera other than 'Yeah, nigga put a dagger to dad's throat and is pretty much the sole reason for this shit hole continent going to shit, I've seen it all, kill him'

Was Littlefinger numale

the only one in the Vale that liked him is Robin. Yohn Royce hated him and there's no way he'd lift a finger to help him

it's his name

she did outplay him. he believed she was on his side and she used that to fuck him.

his entire plan hinged on manufacturing tension between arya and sansa based on a letter that was clearly written under duress that nobody had previously given a shit about.

shit was retarded

But he shouldn't have believed that. And fuck wasn't his entire character always planing for the worst possible outcome? Did he just say "nah fuck it"?

I mean yeah, clearly, but it still felt rushed and annoying.

>master manipulator who literally thinks of all possible outcomes so as not to ever be trapped
>gets trapped by slow-witted teenager

B R A V O

i like to think Bran sat them down and just clued them into exactly what was going on. telling them exactly how LF fucked over their father was likely what sealed his fate

>a self-confessed slow-witted teenager

Even better. Truly the kino of our time.

So much this. Like he could have married Sansa to the Lord of the cake, manipulated her into killing him, married her himself and been legitimized. Instead he randomly sells her to the Boltons and then rides to the rescue. I mean literally every decision he made post that shit has been ridiculous.

pussy, the bad kind

why are you even still arguing, this entire season was a joke.
apart from a few cool scenes(!) it was all shit.

it's all he had really. his original plan was likely for Sansa to go along with overthrowing Aegon which would have put Arya against Sansa but that failed.

you can't plan for a kid that sees and knows everything

The show has been shit after the 3rd season and on a steady decline since the first season ended.

You can when that kid says he knows your past dealings by CHAOS IS A LADDAH

>What happened?

he did not climb ladder so good.
because his fingers are little.

I will admit, it did have cool scenes in it. I still hold Jaime charging that dragon as the peak of the past few seasons.

The directing's still good but the writing is weaker than ever.

you really can't. that kid knows every move you'll make before you even knew he was a threat

Stop calling him Aegon you autistic fuck.

So the leaks were actually accurate? I didn't bother watching past ep 3 with how fucking bad it was

it's his name you slow fuck

99% accurate