DUDE we're Irish! LMAO

DUDE we're Irish! LMAO

Attached: IMG_4226.jpg (700x467, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lochcarron.co.uk/blog/scottish-irish-kilts-difference/
patch.com/illinois/beverly-mtgreenwood/pub-specials-south-side-irish-parade-day-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

please tell me that's not real

annual tradition going back over 50 years in Chicago

>The Chicago River has been dyed green on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th every year since 1962.

Attached: mutt4.png (1616x1984, 3.28M)

it is a BIG deal here, the Downtown parade, the dying of the river, the Irish American Heritage center festival AND the south side Irish parade which had to be canceled at one point because of the drunkenness

>Because of drunkeness
Truly the most cucked nation

its a neighborhood parade that had morphed into a bar crawl with 300,000 drunks pissing and puking everywhere

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Americans need to be exterminated ASAP, their disgusting "culture" is spreading here too

Attached: tempo-libero-generica-660592.610x431.jpg (610x431, 46K)

yanks are the worst

Wonder if there is enough Irish blood in that pic to fill a mug.

Absolutely disgusting

>Anglos send a whole bunch of Irish to the new world to be slaves
>LIKE OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CELEBRATE IRISH HERITAGE

Attached: 1520214332860.jpg (645x773, 56K)

I fucking hate Sup Forumstards who think they are still connected to any European country.

why are they dressed like scotsmen

Attached: 1503941963428.jpg (960x839, 62K)

Yeah, they cracked down on the boozing

Attached: crackdown.png (573x384, 34K)

>my grandmother lived in Ireland as a kid
>that makes me Irish! Top o the mornin to ya!

Marching bands are a big part of the parade

Attached: st-patrick-parade-st-0315-7_orig.jpg (750x422, 87K)

Truly the triumph of Hibernian man, casting down the filthy A*glo back into the mud where it belongs and taking America for himself

Yea
Because American corporate culture is much better to assimilate to

i reiterate
why are they dressed like scotsmen?

>white people in America just materialized out of thin air
>wtf European Americans stop larping As europeans!!!
Fucking retard

Attached: 1520216238992.png (1919x1079, 1.26M)

>implying inaccurate mickey mouse versions of actual european culture are not corporate too

i feel irish from republic of ireland is not similar to irish american but britsh

How man Chicago citizens have irish ancestry? Most of the people living there are nogs

why not LARP as early african humans while you're at it then?

irish won't admit it but basically they're basically just like people from a different region of the UK

Honestly, I don't know, I was hoping someone else would answer

I don’t know what to say

Attached: 5D7987F9-0250-4C44-9010-516F64D66C30.gif (400x360, 146K)

I feel like it will die out in this generation. So few Irish Americans remain. They are all literally 1/16 at this stage

We're virtually identical.

>Be irish american
>dress up as a scotsmen to celebrate your hurrtage

It's sort of become an excuse to party/socialize at this point...just like gringos celebrate Cinco De mayo now

lochcarron.co.uk/blog/scottish-irish-kilts-difference/

This offers some explanation perhaps

How can this be healthy?

Attached: 1456306654161.png (500x322, 42K)

What are they even using to dye the water? Like, food colouring?

hmmmmmm

Attached: 1510769509731.png (900x900, 39K)

>LARP as early african humans
>LARP

how do they dye the river? isn't it toxic to the waters?

They've probably got more English and German blood in them than Irish.

It's powdered vegetable dye, the EPA banned any real dyes for health/safety reasons.

last time i checked Polish was the 3rd most spoken language in the city, but the last time i lived there was 7 years ago

absolutely iit is definitely toxic and not safe

If this doesn't seem ecologically friendly now even thought they must use some eco approved colorant by now, imagine how toxic that shit was in 1962

They use it as an excuse to drink, like every single other holiday, event, gathering, sporting event, etc.

Nation of alcoholics finding and excuse to pretend they aren't.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't risk that even now.

>LARP
>LARP

ship some americans to ireland and have them interbreed. that should fix the problem

Land of the free

what? breed with all the muslims and africans here now?

>European Americans

C R I N G E

Because Americans are ignorant. Most people in Chicago couldn't point to Ireland on a map.

this
somehow the only traditions kept alive in america are ones for which people have to buy a lot of things each year

It's a big day for some local taverns and restaurants, hardly some corporate scheme

patch.com/illinois/beverly-mtgreenwood/pub-specials-south-side-irish-parade-day-list

>EPA banned any real dyes for health/safety reasons.

you mean they pointlessly destroyed the jobs of hundreds of hard working god-fearing americans in the dye industry, thank god most of these EPA losers have probably already been fired over the past 15 months or so, and more to come #maga

Attached: 1264226816285.jpg (1680x1050, 356K)

It's an excuse for stores to sell you plastic shit.

Are irish muslim?
>likes green

Attached: 1514801865159.jpg (518x720, 30K)

Attached: 1518052462162.jpg (720x720, 50K)

wew lad

there are more irish in america than in ireland.
kiss me i am irish. where is the lmao part

you're not Irish just because you have ancestry from another country
both my parents are Irish and moved here in the 80s, but that doesn't make me Irish. I'm an Australian with Irish heritage. Culturally I have very little to do with the Irish

King Richard Daley and his son Richard Daley-2 have ruled Chicago for decades. They come from the hard core Chicago south side full of the Irish lads. We are Irish. Here is him with Lord Mayor Robert Briscoe of Dublin, Ireland. Chicago is Dublin-2. Please don't piss on our heritage.

Attached: DaleyBriscoe[1].jpg (579x400, 283K)

that's totally different. you don't cherish your heritage so it is quickly forgotten. over here you are being reminded of your irish roots all the time so you feel irish.

t.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

nothing but superficial bullshit

if you went to ireland you'd find people there behave nothing like you

el ogro de las americas....

Culturally the two places are not the very different. Try comparing one of them to china or India instead.

I'm a European American if I've grown up in both places and hold two passports

Reason why it's a big deal is because of the enormous amount of potato nigger immigrants we received. There is too many of them for the muh heritage not to be enormous. Even I'm part Irish to my shame.

based

TO BE FAIR, italian americans are worse with the muh heritage shit

muh mafia

>be mutterican
>unironically be proud to be part irish and/or italian

you 2 are mentally ill. white americans have more in common with black americans than any european country

I think it's fun
Stop bullying

How do we stop the irish takeover?

Attached: hibernian_media_control.jpg (692x2081, 1.18M)

who /Niall/ here

Attached: 15RYlLn.jpg (1024x623, 138K)

What both places? Europe isn't a country

dear yanks
are their marches as awful as the order's?

Attached: 1498612727379.png (528x539, 162K)

I thought your people were in favour of poisoning the water supply

Do you guys not find it a bit weird that the Germans and Irish were absolutely hated not even a century ago, and now most white Americans celebrate German and Irish culture weirdly

>kilts
>sporrans
>kilt hose
>bagpipes
>Irish tricolour, not even a St Patrick's cross

Attached: amerimutt.jpg (2224x1152, 367K)

This isn't because Chicago thinks we're Irish, it's just a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's day (which is just an excuse to wear green and make jokes about leprechauns). It's only nominally a nod to historical Irish immigrants. If you want to see people actually LARPing as Irish en masse, look at Boston.

It's fucking bizarre because so many people claiming to be German/Irish are actually British (mostly English) but have like one Irish or German grandparent. For some reason in the 80s/90s they decided to stop identifying as ethnically British.