What's the best Adult Swim cartoon for you? Or more importantly, which one is comfy enough to heal the soul?

What's the best Adult Swim cartoon for you? Or more importantly, which one is comfy enough to heal the soul?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0t76ktRwt0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=11agOrR4wvk
youtube.com/watch?v=161cKS7IvAY
youtube.com/watch?v=tWGrpvMT_8M
youtube.com/watch?v=1Kk7g2rD7jc
youtu.be/dFX_NgH_-BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm partial to Sealab 2021, mainly before the voice actor for Captain Murphy died.

Only pudding helps the emptiness though.

Sealab 2021. Great dialogue. Same team of writers does Archer. Archer is even better.

It's a tie between venture bros and space ghost

Moral Orel is the best to me, then Venture Bros
I like Harvey Birdman for comfy

I stopped watching Archer but for me:
Frisky Dingo > Murphy Sealab = Archer > Post Murphy Sealab

So once I'm done with SG, it's safe to say that I should go onto Sealab?
I remember watching Brak, but I only remember specifically the three hams. What's everyone's opinion on Brak?

It was a great follow-up to space ghost

Every show based on or primarily inspired by Hanna Barbara properties is a goldmine of comedy
>Space Ghost
>Sealab
>Brak
>Harvey Birdman
>Venture Bros
>Mike Tyson Mysteries

How do you feel about Brak in SG?

I hated him in SG and he is wasn't any better in his own show.

This, i would also recommend reading future quest if you are into comics

I don't like him in SG but I love Zorak in both? I think Zorak is the same in both, but I consider Brak to be two separate characters. I like the show from what I remember, but I'm not fond of the musical parts.

HABEAS CORPUS

Who doesn't love zorak?

MOLTAR MASTER RACE

Space Ghost is the objective and my own personal answer, but I will respect anybody's choice from the original programming.

I think we can both agree they have one of the best bromances of all time

Lombaak ecree oplom ah-plee ozona ah-ah

Even if it isn't somebody's favorite it is undoubtedly the most important and laid the groundwork for all other's

Muh nigga

>Archer is even better.
made me want to puke reading that

STICK IT TO THE MAN

IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR ME YOU BETTER CHECK UNDER THW SEA

hey ice t, check it!

Correct.

>not one post about aqua team

>team

Just kidding. ATHF is right up there for me too.

It's not really comfy

>Season 3 never

Venture bros is the best but I believe Mission Hill deserves an honorary mention.

XRA

Frisky Dingo & Harvey Birdman

One of The most comfy season premiers for a show on adult swim

youtube.com/watch?v=b0t76ktRwt0

You wanna know why things kinda went to shit for Adult Swim? The bomb scare.

If it wasn't for the bomb scare, we'd still have Jim Samples, the founder of Adult Swim who really made it the craziness that it was, taking wild risks that paid off immensely.

Jim was the one who made Adult Swim great. He basically let creators have free reign of their productions and told Turner to fuck off when they got too close. He's the one who originally bought the rights to Futurama, Family Guy (seasons 1-3 when it was actually funny and good), and Home Movies.

>On February 9, 2007, the week after the commotion occurred, Cartoon Network's general manager and executive vice president, Jim Samples, resigned "in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch", and with the "hope that my decision allows us to put this chapter behind us and get back to our mission of delivering unrivaled original animated entertainment for consumers of all ages".[47] Following Samples's resignation, Stuart Snyder was named his successor.[48]

Once Samples left, Adult Swim got afraid of trying new things, and resorted to throwing their best stuff at 2-3 am. Seth MacFarlane power hour reruns abound. Live Action cringe comedy. No more action anime (and bumpers even mocked fans who wanted it back). Reddit crap like Rick and Morty.

MARVY ATTORNEY!

my favorite opening as well, im glad there is someone else who appreciates it

i really like your pretty face is going to hell but, Harvey birdman is maximum comfy. even modern stephen colbert can't tarnish its memory

Oh, I didn't consider ATHF. Will probably hit that up.
Kinda related, has anyone seen the original Space Ghost? Not SGCtC?

What bomb scare?

What was their best live action show? My vote goes to delocated.

futurama re runs. comfy to the max

m.youtube.com/watch?v=11agOrR4wvk

third post best post

both are great whenever you're in a shitty mood

>tfw WP would probably still be on air under his watch

Venture bros, athf, and tom goes to the mayor

cause that is where youll FInD Meee

>Harry Goz Dies
>His Son is forced to voice his shitty replacement that kills the series.

Harvey Birdman for animation, Off The Air for overall best show

Thas it mane

Barman was on [as]?

Hey I met me a nasty girl.
She said "hey Taqu'il, you're insatiable"
I don't know what that means, but I'll take a poll.
Mamma let me put my quarter in your slot machine;
ching-a-ling jackpot I'll make you scream.
Milkshake your momma like a dairy queen
Spurt sour cream on your taco supreme.
Superhead tell Bill Maher I'm coming for you baby.

this show was underrated in my opinion

That was a WB show

Also a WB show

>CLIMBIN' THE RUNGS OF A METAL-LADDER

youtube.com/watch?v=161cKS7IvAY

Only here and there, it just seems like a typical superhero cartoon of the time. I read the comic 'reboot' and it was cool in a novelty sort of way, but in the end I was left missing the comedic interpretation.

Easily one of the most impenetrable shows ever made. I've tried to watch it through more than once and always abandoned it in the hopes that next time I try, I'll know what the fuck is going on.

Maximum Pleb Filter

Definitely, it's like a raw dose of the surreal/absurd that the other shows mostly dabble in.

I'm not saying Harvey Birdman is the best, or my favorite, but IMO the voice acting stands out from the rest

I kinda expected that, so I'm not surprised. Won't bother with Space Ghost then. Would also probably just make me reminisce about times watching Foxtel as a kid, not the feels I'm after at all.

it's really not, it's fucking shit and the creators would probably laugh in your face.
because AS had been so massively successful up until that point they had earned the freedom to make fools of themselves and see how far they could go before people stopped watching. 12 oz mouse was the clear marker of the end of the classic era of AS.

What were you hoping for?

COOKIES ON DOWELS

Nothing is comfier than Space Ghost C2C, watching the adultswim.com Ghost Planet stream last winter was just perfect to me...

PAUL RUDD IS DEAD

eh. to each their own.

outta my way

Favorites are Venture Bros. and Harvey Birdman.

Birdman is maximum comf

Mr. Pickles and Mike Tyson Mysteries are the only current AS shows that are worthwhile.

This thread is dead.

As someone mentioned, it is a WB original, but i do like to rewatch the one season they released0 every now and then

youtube.com/watch?v=tWGrpvMT_8M
youtube.com/watch?v=1Kk7g2rD7jc

>nothing about Xavier

>watching Mr. Reddit, Good Goy...

Fuck you. Be a man for once.

>literally sheldon from big bang theory

fucking theiving hack cartoon

Oi, I was a man.

Venture Bros is one of the best television shows ever so there's that.

When the next seasons going to air already?

I'M EGYPTIAN

You can take that to the village

Squidbillies, although the earlier seasons are better than the last couple. I'm from East Tennessee and the show reminds me of home, even though it's in North Georgia.

1st 3 seasons were comfy but then the quality really tanked, there isn't too much mileage in this show

God Frisky Dingo was GOAT. I like Archer to a point, but its not quite the same. Slipped right under the radar of popular culture it seems.
youtu.be/dFX_NgH_-BE

Mr. Pickles is the worst shit on Adult Swim since Minoriteam

Back in the day when youd have to sneak into the tv room past 11pm, I used to think ATHF was going to be a cool regular cartoon show like Johnny Bravo or top cat or something. I was a surprised little kid anyway. Now I think adult swim starts airing at 8pm?

Xavier Renegade Angel
Superjail!

>Tom goes to the mayor
You need to go back

nothing has ever made me laugh as much as this shit

Samurai Jack