Why would Littefinger admit to killing Lysa Arryn under any circumstances...

Why would Littefinger admit to killing Lysa Arryn under any circumstances? He knows that the moment those words come out of his mouth he loses both the Vale and his life. He could have easily denied it since Sansa already testified for him before and the only evidence they have is Bran. I know Royce doesn't like him but am I really supposed to believe that none of the knights of the Vale would have intervened and saved their lord when the only evidence is that a crippled autist claims to be able to see the past?

Getting caught was part of his plan. Now that he's been executed, he will be resurrected by the White Walkers, who he knows are the true power in Westeros. Then he can enact his final endgame: crashing this realm, with no survivors.

SANSUH PLEASHE

The real question is why he didn't bring up that Sansa testified that Lysa Arryn had committed suicide.

memes aside, maise williams is trully hideous

she honestly is, hate how smug she always looks. hope she dies next season

Ye

how did they forget that?

The show has gone to shit. They wanted a big moment and did nothing to actually achieve it. Im not mad they killed the character, at a certain point leaving such a greedy bastard alive weakens the other characters who put up with and practically help him do his bullshit. Kill them in a way that leaves the character still the same, not neutered and pushing things aside for a total victory.

He was merely pretending to bleed out

kek

YOU HELD A KNIFE TO HIS THROAT

SHANSHA

>If I slit your throat, will you die?

What went wrong?

Britbongistani genes

Nothing. Sup Forums doesn't like her because she is no longer a teenager.

You must have searched really hard to find a semi-decent picture, good job.

Littlefinger knew he was fucked either way. The instant Sansa accused him, she was in effect providing testimony as an eye witness, and as the ruler of Winterfell, she was perfectly within her rights to declare Baelish's summary execution for his crimes, specifically the ones she personally witnessed. The Lords of the Vale knew that and never liked Baelish as their Lord in the first place. If that weren't bad enough, the Lords of the North were going to back the Lady of Winterfell no matter what, so there was basically no way he was making it out of Winterfell alive.

>she was perfectly within her rights to declare Baelish's summary execution
except that he's the lord protector of the vale and she has no control over him and her eyewitness account is worth nothing since she already testified otherwise

You caught me. I still think she's cute.

How are they going to address the reaction of Robin Arryn, who loved Littlefinger and has control over the Vale, in regards to what the Starks did? Are they going to bother to address this issue or are they just going to ignore it like a bunch of hacks?

>He could have easily denied it
DUDE all those men in the room were on Arya and Sansa's side (strangely) and whatever LF was trying to say they wouldn't listen.

I find it very strange that men who have been following LF for years suddenly decide to completely believe in Sansa especially her magical brother.

Again this comes down to lazy writing but if this actually happened realistically, men would have stepped forward and said 'I NEED PROOF MY LADY. YOUR BROTHER LOOKING INTO THE PAST ISN'T PROOF ENOUGH. TELL US ABOUT THE KNIFE AND WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO" etc.

We can only hope GRRM writes something better in his new book which I am sure he will.

>Sup Forums doesn't like her because she is no longer a teenager.
BITCH Naomi Watts has aged a lot and I still consider her one of the most attractive actresses. Just face it that Maisie isn't in the "attractive" category no offence

>The instant Sansa accused him, she was in effect providing testimony as an eye witness, and as the ruler of Winterfell, she was perfectly within her rights to declare Baelish's summary execution for his crimes
Not true at all. A lady can't kill the Warden of the Vale, especially without trial. And no one would give a shit about her testimony in reality, she married into both the Lannisters and Boltons and then openly admitted to lying about her own Aunt's death.
>The Lords of the Vale knew that
No they didn't. The audience did.
>and never liked Baelish as their Lord in the first place.
So? Most people hated their lords. Most people hate their bosses. They were oath bound to him, not a Lannister-Bolton. Their lord put him in charge.
>Lords of the North were going to back the Lady of Winterfell no matter what
Because of shitty writing. Two women and an awkward cripple who have been missing for years compared to the Lord of the Vale who saved their lives and continue to bolster their defenses. Hmm really makes you think who's dumb enough to buy into this shit.

A college freshmen with common sense could finish writing the series at this point. They'd have to watch the last few seasons and then do the opposite of whatever dumb shit DD did

>men who have been following LF for years
u wot?

LF wasn't warden Robyn is. He had a tenuous grasp at best on the lords as Lord Protector until Robyn comes of age. You showfags are dumb as hell

They will just forget he exists or nobody in the room will conveniently tell him the truth to advance their own position in his eyes. Because NO TIME

He was the lord protector, they had no authority to execute him. Even if they thought he was guilty what they should have done is take him back to the Vale to be judged but Robin since nobody there has the authority to do it. Of course Robin would believe him over them but then maybe they shouldn't arrange a coup in the first place

He's the acting warden you retard
>hurr durr books in Sup Forums
Great job user, you read the same books me and 40% of the people did too. Now between those two pieces of storytelling, how did you miss the fact he's Robyn's step-father?

>posts in Sup Forums
>talks about books
>still defends shitty show scene
kek

>Littlefinger will rise from dead and betray night king in the final battle
>"Finally, after all these years, I've become The Game Of Thrones"
>Rides into the Chaosh of the battle clinging to Salsa with one hand and flight plan with another
Screencap this!

they had all the lords of the vale there, literally no one cares if LF dies, most of the vale want him dead too
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Petyr_Baelish
look at titles dumbass
What I said was true in both show and book, brainlet

all those lords are under him and there is no good reason for them to want him dead

Vale? What Vale? To the North and KL!

>What I said was true in both show and book, brainlet
Not too bright, are you? Again, are you seriously defending this shit scene
>m-muh books
Shut up dumbass, this scene was not in the books

YOU KIDSh WOULDN'T LAShT ONE DAY OUT IN THE NARTH

>he's the acting warden
>t-that's not his official title
Wow you really cornered us with your logic

true to the books! I love all the small details

>he's the lord protector of the vale
Which amounts to exactly jack and shit when he's standing in Winterfell.

Honestly anyone who disagrees with this post is an idiot and should go to r/GoT. DD have no concept of politics despite working on the show for these many years with GRRM'a help. You would think basic rules for the traditionalist northerners and general common sense wouldn't be tossed out every time the writers needed to move the Winterfell plot forward

Except his goddamn army is stationed there and every other lord on the entire continent would look down on them for it. I bet you still think this show is complex and full of surprises

>you and cat have always been on my flight plan

>I have no idea how lordships work
>let's kill our allies' commander
>YYYYAAAASSSSSSSSS SLAY QUEEN!

How can i express that schemers cultivate a one-way dependency on well-placed people, then use that dependency to make his pawns do his bidding. The keyword here is dependency, a schemer with a good network means a lot of people's fortunes and well-being are tied to and riding on their patron's success, with the reverse also being true. So if we accept Littlefinger as a schemer archetype, we should recognize all the nobles and people in power he has collected that will be impoverished and weakened by his loss. But no one is really expecting any consequence for his sudden death from this show, which is why his perfunctory death weighs nothing and is ultimately meaningless. An ornament was taken backstage.

They're only "his" army because he killed Lysa Arryn and manipulated her retarded son, the latter of which was known by all the lords. His hold over them was always shaky. Once they knew him to be guilty of the murder they have no allegiance to him

The moments Sansa said his name he knew it was over, and no mater what he was dead.

>Once they knew him to be guilty of the murder
They did? When? When the Lannister-Bolton woman who admitted to lying about her aunt's death suddenly decided to just execute him?

>writing
>consistency
>literal seasons devoted to something akin to that tweest
>literally fucking meme tier over dramatic with cucked ending being murdered right then an there
just bad writers getting rid of loose threads, this series sure went to shit
was expecting some badass scene, all we get is a shit tier cgi scene that lasts like 3 minutes

>know Royce doesn't like him
Clarence Royce does not like Tommy Carcetti indeed. The man is the mayor and as a councilman the motherfucker is clearly trying to jeopardise his position.

They're his army because he's the patriarch of the underage warden you dumbfuck. This can't be made anymore clear.
>still defending this shit scene

Any relationship with Robyn by an intellectual superior is manipulation. When Sansa writes to Robyn telling him to think this and do that, or when Royce reports back to his lord telling him to think this way and not the other way, that will be manipulation as well. Difference is Petyr was favored in Robyn's eyes, while Sansa and Royce are not.

When he literally said "I did it to protect you", thus admitting to the murder.

>they knew him to be guilty of the murder
They don't. You fell for shit writing and dramatic music, good job
> they have no allegiance to him
They do. Their property and entire livelihood, in fact, are at stake

Sansa might as well go all the way and have Arya murder Robyn. Otherwise she has to depend on the audience not bothering to think of Robyn as a character.

YAAAAAASSS KINSLAY

>when she slapped you and tried to throw you to your death
>I was protecting you
You'd be a goddamn awful juror
>oh well he said he didn't do it. I believe him

He ADMITTED to it you dumb fuck. Obviously it's dumb writing, but you can't just go with your own fanfiction version over what actually happened. They know he was guilty of murder because he himself admitted it when Sansa accused him of it.

why does sansa care that he murdered her aunt when she had raised her son to be a sadistic monster and encourages it? like you think she'd have some sympathy given what she been through

it makes no sense whatsoever

suddenly over night she hates him completely out of the blue and blames him for things she should be thankful for

She doesn't, but the lords of the Vale would obviously care.

Maybe you forgot the part when elders had to put to death to silence dissension against little finger.

why would they believe her accusations?

this is a god tier meme.

Because he confirmed them right after she made them?

Lord Royce will be only too happy to step into Baelish's role as Robyn's guardian, along with the honoraries that come along with it. All he and his fellow Lords needed was an excuse, and Sansa gave them one. If you want to attack bad writing, go after Baelish's not immediately taking the Black or demanding trial by combat, or seeing what was coming for that matter.

You guys forget that we're dealing with a series that's always made it a point to emphasize that in a feudal society, even the laws are there to serve those in power, and are ultimately subject to the will of whoever is at the top of the chain. Even Robert's Rebellion was built on a rejection of that, as technically the Mad King wasn't even out of bounds for accusing the Starks of treason. They were acting in defiance of the will of the King, and that is, by definition, rebellion and treason.

It's the eyebrows and fat around the face

Christ that smug, self assured slash really pisses me off for some reason.

which is beyond retarded

which is more nonsense

in that scene everyone completely forgot their character and transformed into a different person

So how come the lord that became the victim of power didn't make it a point to insulate himself from other people's power when his character was entirely based on an outsider deftly maneuvering around people more powerful than him?

Why do you keep bringing up things that Littlefinger as a character should already know and take for granted? The point people are making is Littlefinger needed to forget how the rules of his world worked to find himself in the hole the audience accepts as natural.

This.

>Oh fuck you Littlefinger, we serve Sweetrobin not you
>Sweetrobin is a complete autist capable of going full mad king any moment
>it doesnt matter that under your guide the Vale actually managed to stay out of like 3 wars and prosper while all the kingdoms bled

exactly, under littlefinger the vale finally got a capable and mentally stable leader, thanks to him, both the vale and the north were pulled out of shit, and not to mention he saved sansa herself
>inb4 boo hoo you gave me to the boltons
yeah he married her off to the rulling family of the north, a perfectly normal dynastic alliance, how is he supposed to know the boltons are mental?

>obvious Jew
>gets YAS QUEEN'd
Is GoT secretly a redpill show?

>how is he supposed to know the boltons are mental?
For starters looking at their Banners.

DAE make an audible *GASP* and shout "YOU GO GIRLS!" at the bar TV when Sansa called out Littlefinger?

The writing on this show is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Old Bolton wasn't as much of a fucktard than the 'Bolton'

LOL TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN!

Because that's the bad writing, not what Sansa did. It's everything that lead up to that eventuality. Littlefinger from the books would never be so stupid as to leave the Vale.

Why did they not use this in the final cut?

BASED

You're a bit behind if you're still expecting logic from the show at this point. All the thinking was done by GRRM back in the 90's. Now all you have is D&D's brains bashing together trying to figure out the most expedient way between the remaining battle scenes.

>completely disobey one of your father's and your house's core tenets and not give a man a proper execution or carry the execution out yourself
>immediately follow it up by talking with your fucking loser sister about how cool your dad was

what does yas slay mean?
why do idiot retards who cant express themselves correctly must try to think they have value by inventing a mispelled word or meme

Nothing, you could tell from the very start that she was going to turn into a potato once grown up.

>yas slay
to make it even worse originally it's some kind of tranny\homo speak transformed into normie meme

>you killed Lysa
Well yeah she was absolutely insane and was trying to kill you, Sansa. By killing her I saved your life. And don't forget you testified afterwards and told everyone Lysa committed suicide.

>You sold me to the Boltons
It was a mistake, like I said before. I didn't know what kind of a person Ramsay is. Also I didn't sold you, I made a marriage offer and you consented and went willingly.
Also after you escaped I immediately apologised and offered you my armies. My armies won the Battle of the Bastards for the Starks, saving all of your lives.

>You betrayed Eddard and held a dagger to his throut
*just make up some bullshit excuse*
Your father was planning a coup. I tried to talk him out of it because I knew it was a lost cause but he wouldn't listen.
I put a dagger to his throat so he wouldn't do anything rash and get himself killed. Also I had to pretend I was on Cerseis side.
Afterwards I planned for Eddard to be sent to the wall, it was Joffrey who killed him.

>You sent a letter to Catelyn creating a Lannister/Stark feud.
this is the only one he couldn't explain somehow

Why did he give Bran the dagger, anyway?

She didn't age so good

Was becoming a thot part of her master plane?

If Ghost snarled at Baelish and went for his throat, I'd have found it more acceptable.

No

Ghost?
Doesn't ring any bells, sorry.

at least he died doing what he loved
getting cucked.