You will never go to prom with your qt gf

>you will never go to prom with your qt gf
>you will never live in the 60s-70s
>you will never live during the economic boom of the western world
>you will look amazed at all the new scientific discoveries
>you will never experience the Red Menace
>you will never live a life full of possibilities
>you will never have your own house, car and family at 30 and retire in your late 50s

Why do I feel nostalgic about I life I've never had in a country I wasn't born in

Attached: English Grammar School Pic.jpg (1363x1022, 190K)

Because we have a lot of shows and movies on that stuff and our cinema is popular worldwide.

Do you really want to live in 1970s Italy when terrorist bombings were happening left and right?

>you will never be lynched for being a filthy wop daring to date a white woman

>70s
>economic boom
Uh...

>>you will never experience the Red Menace
uhhhh

Yeah, that's the problem
Nope, in the US. It sounds like it was a great time

That's a bunch of fucking bullshit and you know it.

It's just your mind on American media.
Watch Initial D for a week and you'll want to live in Tokyo

Now it's always COIN wars and economic wars. There isn't a clear enemy anymore

That's the early 20th century

I'm not terrone

>Nope, in the US. It sounds like it was a great time

Sure not in the 70s. Enjoy your lack of employment, bread going up by $3 every time you went to the store, and piece of shit cars that got 5 mpg and stalled out in the middle of the road. Oh, and New York and other urban areas being...uh, let's just say the movie Escape From New York was a (only slightly) exaggerated version of reality back then.

>you will always be a Europoor
I didn’t ask for this life

Attached: 23C9A46C-9493-4A08-921E-1DE64DF71DE3.jpg (2400x1590, 439K)

>you will never do finance with your bros dressed like this

Attached: 1516223872286.jpg (1353x900, 998K)

You have been brainwashed m8.
It is completely normal since you have been bombarded by american propaganda all your life

nothing would really change for you
70s italy is pretty cool, outside of that though.

I nsver understood this meme. America media does not praise America that much.

Were they?

Attached: file59602631_a96c39d5.jpg (900x1193, 194K)

>no internet
Not worth living.

>ywn be aTexas A&M STEM student in the 70's dreaming about working at NASA
This is my current fantasy.
t.underage
It definitely used to.

>tfw my dad was born in Newfoundland in '54, and proceeded to
>move out of his house at 16, working part time was enough to cover one bedroom rent in the city
>work on the boats
>hitchhike across country
>lived with a new korean immigrant, building homes in BC with a portuguese man named joe
>moved back east and started a bar
>sold his shares in the bar and worked on the rigs
>came back and did college
>found my mom and settled down and raised two ok tier kids, making comfortably bank, while sitting on a 750k house that was paid off early due to sensible finances
if i have half the life that my dad has, I'll be ridiculously content

>tfw Canada somehow avoided the 70's slump that hit every other developed nation
i seriously dont know how

This Just because you consume american entertainment doesn't mean you automatically want to move there. If anything most people get a kick out of how hilariously bad americans paint themselves and their country, intentionally or not.

Attached: us food.jpg (1184x1600, 221K)

60s and 70s were pretty wacky, drafts, riots, dramatic social change, drug usage, schools being filled with narcs, economy was pretty shit, urban decay and depopulation that is in some cases worth than it is now

A lot of countries were booming in the 70s. West Germany, Japan, and all major oil producers. The US and Britain really went into the shitter though.

I'm just saying that we had such a similar economic makeup to you guys back then, kinda confused me how we didnt suffer similar consequences to you

Wait, weren't all those terror attacks mostly caused by you because the KGB armed the Red Brigades?

My mother always says the 50s and 60s were the best, but I have a feeling a lot of that is childhood nostalgia.

Was it? Or were things statistically better?

Politically Italy was a mess. Some say the Moro assassination was a false-flag operation by the CIA and our Secret services

That is one hell of an expensive menu.

it was undisturbed economic and cultural growth within Canada and the US, so yeah it was a pretty good time
it peaked in Canada in the early 70s, when we ranked #1 HDI for several years in that period

Not really, there are alot of cricitcal old hollywood movies.
ah yes some meme picture reflects the american image

Not really, remember that dollars are worth less than euros

Vietnam, dude. The war was very expensive and generally recession follows a war.

It's not about how good or bad the country is portrayed as. People can get immersed in tv shows/movies/video games if there isn't much happening in their lives. They want everything around them to be like the entertainment they consume. If it's set in USA, they'll want to move there to feel closer to their fantasy.
Of course, the rose tinted version of American life in imagination and the mundane reality are quite different, but it can be difficult to convince yourself at times,

Damn I wish I lived in the 60s then. How do we get that optimism and growth back?

>America media does not praise America that much.
You really do live in a fucking bubble. America itself is in a perpetual stat of self-aggrandisement and the media strongly reflects this and has for a long time. Even today there is popular shared sentiment among Americans that the USA is the "best country on Earth" and "a force of good in the world." You have no idea what it looks like to the rest of the world, who see a Christian version of what ISIS would look like if it successfully created a state. Your media is propaganda 24/7 broadcast domestically and internationally, with multinational corporations ensuring this self agrandisement and worship of American products, ideals and imagery is shoved in front of the faces of as many people as humanly possible.

You may need to spend a few years abroad to start to understand just how odd American media and its constant hero/saviour complex bullshit really is. It can be personafied as a narcissistic teenage girl.

>the rose tinted version of American life in imagination
ok tell me about this.

by winning another world war

They armed all those leftist terror groups back then--Red Brigades, Baadar-Meinhof Gang, IRA, ETA. All of them got Soviet money and weapons. Libya also bankrolled them.

calm down bruce it's just tv

Whatever the tv show/movie depicts it as.
Could be about being an investment banker in new york, a struggling actor in los angeles, or a depressed programmer in san francisco.

what fucking world do you live in?
I also lived in 3rd world and their media is much more nationalist and boot-licking.

When do we start?

Attached: 1495657210743.png (383x681, 486K)

But all those existed IRL

what a reddit post.

I hate the use of exclamation points on shit there. Why did the shitty scrambled eggs with some hamburger meat and standard shit need four of them?

Sure, but it's not like how they portray it in mainstream media.
Being an investment banker isn't just about fucking hookers and driving flashy cars. You need to work 12 hours everyday, travel in a crowded train for the first few years, miss out on having fun, etc

btw to make the context clear. This restaurant is almost next to a military base.

>always wanted to live in America after what I saw on TV
>drive down
>it's exactly the same as here except everyone is fatter

I cannot capture in words the level of disappointment I felt as an 11 year old when I crossed the border and everything was either the same or more run down.

Attached: 1507399873262.jpg (1107x1107, 261K)

there is shitton of american media that criticizes american yuppies. Even movies that you are talking about like wolf of wall street do implicitly criticize that lifestyle.
But yes most movies do focus on the fun parts because people like seeing that not because they want to spread memrican propaganda. All movie industries do that especially yours.

Same for me. I thought Canada was this green amazing super polite heaven and it turned out to be an extension of america. Even Quebec did not feel THAAAT diffrent.

How accurate is the stereotypical school? I know you guys have a lot of house parties which we don't (drinking age is 18 here so we go to clubs/bars/pubs)

It's amazing, for all we shittalk to each other you would think we are very different but across the border (I mean there are differences coast to coast and north to south) we're basically identical.

>inb4 some CHI from texas or california pipes in to say we really aren't

It was just one example.
And yes, Indian movies do try to present a happy and joyful image of the world, but they aren't watched by anyone outside the country. American media is popular all over the world, and many people only know what the movies show.

American schools are fucking huge just like in the movies. The jock vs nerd is super exaggerated tho . High school sports are important just like they are in the movies. Uni campuses do host degenerate parties. It's not a meme
My point is that its purpose isn't propaganda , btw most old Hollywood movies were made for the american consumer point of view. Things changed with the rise of the Chinese market.

Wow. I mean, wow, the inoculation is strong with this one.

No it's not. It's the truth, American media has always been relatively critical.

Oh, I am not claiming that it's propaganda.
I am just saying that it has a global outreach, and because movies show a skewed view of life (and not just American movies), people have a romanticised view of USA. If you watch a local movie, you can easily tell what is realistic and what isn't (like the jock vs nerd thing). But when it comes to foreign movies, you don't know how life there is like.
It's no different from weebs thinking that Japan is #1 because of anime, even though they've never lived in the country/

Is it true that in american schools you are divided into cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, geeks, emos, and the weird kids? I find this really weird.

It goes in a circle, post 9/11 was very supportive while nowadays it's more critical, Most of the cold war was basically movies depicting the badass American destroying Russian agents

Sure, it critices your society for not solving its problems on the way forwards.

But the idea that your way forwards is not unquestionable doesn't even pass near your radars. At worst you critisize your methods, represented by an evil government officer.

Please stop watching bad 80s movies. Thank you.

this caralho, why is that time so popular in the US?

>Things changed with the rise of the Chinese market.
wait, wut.

B-but it was almost in every american school movies and series I watch. Even to this day. I thought americans are always like that.

Even modern movies have the jocks, geeks etc

I get why Canadians and Brits/Aussies watch American TV, but we have our own shows too and watch them as well.

Why do non-anglo people watch it? Isn't it better watching stuff in your own language?

Attached: qco016jpgg101.jpg (1523x1028, 156K)

It is. A lot of countries have cultural preservation laws, enforced use of a certain language, and this kind of caveman tribalism. You can see it in Eastern Europe where bydlo are immensely proud of their pathetic commieblock shithole.