Do grown ass men want to watch this?

All the marketing is aimed at Disney fangirls. They got cute stuffed animals in it, the lead is a mary Sue. Even the press junket invitation are sent to mom bloggers. Are grown asss men looking forward to this Disney production? At this point it's like watching Beauty and the Beast.

Disney thinks that the grown ass men will buy anything shit out. I don't think that's actually true though, those Rey and Finn figures aren't very popular.

what the fuck are you talking about grown ass men in 2017 love capeshit and epic cgi explosions and quippy faggotry. they dont give a shit if a character is a mary sue because they dont know what that even is and dont get upset by women and minorities in movies which is why disney movies make so much money fuck you nigger

the jews running disney decided to tap into the female market. nothing else to it

If Star Wars fans were willing to endure all of the dumber shit from the Extended Universe, the special editions, and the prequel trilogy, you had better believe they'll be lining up for this, too.

'Star Wars' is targeted at 10yo boys.

Movies are for man-children and low-iq autists. Real men build tables.

If you watch Star Wars after the shit show that was the prequels, you're a fucking moron.

The ONLY reason to ever watch or discuss anything Star Wars related is Sheev posting or the like (High ground posting, etc etc)

No. I didn't see the last movie and I won't be seeing this. They could've made an adult trilogy with Luke but I guess they thought kids only wanted to see ripoffs of the OT.

The true redpill

Because children aren't an extremely profitable demographic and this ISN'T a series that's been revived before (to financial success even) based on the whimsical nostalgia of 30+ year old nerds.

No, wait, I mean that children are a hugely profitable demographic to take advantage of, and it's guaranteed money no matter how shit it will be.

If only Rey was fucked hard throughout the movie then I'd actually appreciate her character more because she's nothing but a Mary Sue.

But if this new SW series was R Rated and Daisy got nude a lot, I'd fucking pay to see that

>ugly neets like me are still the intended demographic!
wew

>they wanted to see ripoffs of the OT
>why didn't they make another trilogy with Luke as the main character? Why are there new characters here? FUCKING KIKES

the cognitive dissonance among nu-Star Wars haters is astounding

ill watch it at home with my oled 4k tv and pay 0 dollars for it

star wars has good setting and lore, too bad the current shill business around it is trash

rami + prequel was "kino" while plebs love the new shit that fucking sucks and makes no sense and abandons all source material and says stupid shit liek vader was a nazi completerly missing the point of the character entirely

This is stupid, the EU fanboys don't represent Star Wars fans. Most of the fans never bothered reading the novels, and george didn't approve, he just let them do it but it's not canon.

You keep saying "ass men", OP. Got something you wanna admit?

>he says while posting on Sup Forums

t.Jesus

This is absurd, you can tell the people behind this tsrategy are complete hacks with no intelligence. The old fans would maintain that franchise just like they did all these years, they will bring their children to the movies and buy them Star wars toy without them asking. Yet Disney acted like Star Wars was a franchise in peril that needed to expand the demographic to become sustainable. In result they alienated the original fanbase, and the new fangirls won't be the loyal fans they need. I predict a huge hangover for Disney after TLJ

No.

Honestly, this one star wars movie a year plan is a huge mistake. I'm already fatigued by it. I kind of feel the same way James Rolfe put it. The end to Return of the Jedi just feels like the END of a concise arc. Then when episode 3 came out it was like completing the circle. It wasn't perfect by any means but at last all the ducks were lined up, and all the holes filled in.

Oh, but then what happened next? Uh, The empire, there's just an empire again. Sorta. The republic? Eh, it's uh, it's not a big deal. There's a resistance or something, and I don't know which side is supposed to be stronger, and oh yeah I guess Han's kid is evil. Also there's another goddamn death star thing.

Who the fuck cares?

>Oh, but then what happened next? Uh, The empire, there's just an empire again. Sorta. The republic? Eh, it's uh, it's not a big deal. There's a resistance or something, and I don't know which side is supposed to be stronger, and oh yeah I guess Han's kid is evil. Also there's another goddamn death star thing.
I read this with JJ Abrams stupid voice

Are the spoilers about the force tree real? I don't know which spoilers are real so I don't know how shitty I should expect TLJ to be.

I never understood the whole star wars thing but this new PC Feminist Star wars is shit by any standard. This is what movies are like when they prioritize a checklist over a story

It's completely laughable that all you faggots are dumb enough to "predict" TLJ isn't still going to make a metric fuckton of money.

General audiences, IE what makes Disney all of the fucking money they are making with Marvel and Star Wars right now, don't give two fucks about minorities in their films and pandering for diversities sake. Disney doesn't need fat neckbeard's on Sup Forums's money.

The only demographic Disney's Star Wars is alienating is white male fanboys. And that represents a small fraction of the population that spent over 2 billion dollars at the box office for TFA.

Brand recognition is what makes money in today's hollywood and Star Wars is one of if not the most recognizable brand in film.

90s born queers aren't men

>General audiences, IE what makes Disney all of the fucking money they are making with Marvel and Star Wars right now, don't give two fucks about minorities in their films and pandering for diversities sake.
Apparently they don't care about seeing the same movie over and over with less interesting characters either.

Many American men don't grow up.

I want to watch it. I unironically loved TFA because I'm not a prequelbabby or a wikifag who treats Star Wars like a documentary or cares about powerlevel wanking, you know, like a normal person.

Last Jedi looks kino.

You do care about power level wanking if Rey resonates with you. Sounds like she does since you're just handwaving all "the haters".

You're absolutely right, they don't.

TFA may have been a bland remake but its fucking pathetic that people think the steaming pile of shit that was the prequel trilogy were better than it.

White men and boys makes up 70% of their viewers and merchandise consumers and they alienated them with this force is female cultural Marxist b.s! In fact the majority of female viewers are girlfriends, wives and mothers of that 70%.

But it was better, in every way imaginable. TFA isn't even rewatchable and its toys don't sell for shit.

>less interesting characters

Some of the new characters in TFA are pretty well thought out, though. Vader in ANH was just generic bad guy with no depth, Kylo is a fully realized character just in TFA alone.

>but he sucks because he's emo and he lost to a girl!

if you unironically believe this kill yourself

You are correct in that percentage, but that doesn't mean 100% of white men that go to see star wars are neckbearded fanboys.

As I said before, that is the only demographic that is being aliened by Disney's Star Wars. Most people don't give a flying fuck and just want to eat popcorn and see something that the 'member and recognize.

>in every way imaginable

TFA has:

>better acting
>better script
>better camerawork from an actual director and not just a fat man drinking coffee in a chair watching monitors
>less distracting and better implemented CGI (and no, this isn't just by virtue of having better technology)

literally the only real criticism of TFA is that it's a soft remake of ANH

>almost two years later
>still crying because there's a female lead

holy shit

Yeah, "grown ass men" will go and see it because it's popular and then not think about Star Wars until the next flick comes along.

if you think the PT had any redeeming value on any level then you are a complete retard and know absolutely nothing about film or filmmaking.

I didn't even like TFA but it's the definition of average or even mediocre, which is a massive upgrade from a steaming pile of dog shit that is the prequel trilogy

>grown ass men

Is "ass" necessary in that sentence? Are you illiterate?

I'v liked all of Rian Johnson's previous films. I'll check it out for that reason.

They're going for a mass market appeal with the movie. They know many audiences will turn up regardless of marketing. There's a great deal of cross over between many of the target markets that a lot of products don't have. The 40 year old nostalgia fags that grew up with Star Wars will turn up for the same reason that the 13-16 year old boy demographic will turn up, cool lasers and explosions. They know the movies going to have that purely because of the Star Wars logo. These markets are assured to show up. The next obvious cross over is 13-16 year old girls. They need a clever way to bring this market in though, Disney are aware that this age range of girls generally do not care about lasers, explosions and people hitting people with the big swords. Firstly they go for the strong female protagonist which is easy enough to bring a few of this market in, I'm talking about the feminist, strong female character yaaaas queen audience. The rest of this market they approach quite intelligently. They know how fickle teenage girls are, if they think something is cool then they will fawn over it, thus we get stuff like cute BB-8 plushees. The market buys this shit because the 'nerd culture' is in fashion. At this point the movie becomes an sort of augmented product for the plushee, the teenage girls will flock to see it purely because they're being told it's cool. It's a lot more complex than this but I've tried to explain the marketing for this movie as simply as I could.

No it's dogshit

T. Manchild

TFA and Rogue One would have been hack scifi flops if not for the Disney's Star Wars™ brand

Try to debate this
Protip you fucking can't and both movies are completely worthless

Yeah, I will pirate it

Kind of a stupid point, they would be completely different movies if you removed all the Star Wars shit.

They're hardly movies with the brand

TFA is literally a movie about the Star Wars brand itself, you can't excise Star Wars elements from it. Rogue One was mediocre at best but TFA was kino, it's just pseudointellectual plebs didn't understand it

>yeah the movie would be shit if it were a completely different movie!

Yeah no shit sherlock

Where does Rolfe say this?

>Are grown asss men

Why are americans obsessed with adding "ass" into everything?

At least the prequels have original meaningful stories and charcaters. TFA is just like capeshit, one dimendsional and inconsistent character thrown into brainless action sequences saturated with CGI and teal/orange grade.

I don't think it's complex, I think it's reatarded but will make sense in the brain of a corporate hack. You can't please evryone, there's no point in forcing the female demographic into something that they aren't interested in. In the ned they're making a Frankenstein product that disappoints everyone. Disney might make a lot of money in short term, but it will go down very quickly because the quality obviously isn't there. But that's probably what they wanted, make lot of money quick, and the rest is just bonus,it's sad. The franchise would have never lasted so long if George did what they're doing.

>lol i only watch for maymays xD lelele
Are you 12?

>TFA was kino
Stop.

I liked TFA and I will see The Last Jedi

have not seen rogue one

Will you go with your friends or alone?

No, sorry. I'm a bit too old for you Mr "Asks around for kids on the internet"

Show us your table