Holy fuck why was this so god damn bad?

Holy fuck why was this so god damn bad?
How do you fuck up such a simple book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62-AmS60iDs#t=140s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Worst ending ever, on pair with war of the worlds. Also Stephen King is a fucking hack.

that's the one with the guy from smallville, right? why would you expect it to be good?

Never watched smallville

youtube.com/watch?v=62-AmS60iDs#t=140s

Sup Forums just can't appreciate kino

No the movie was awesome I'm talking about the shitty god damn TV show.

he's talking about the tv show

>First few episodes are about a slutty Stacey and her ex-slutty mother, as well as a gay kid
>Immediately wanting the mist to kill everyone

King had nothing to do with this besides his name.

That's the issue right there. This is what modern adaptation has become. Trash like this and Death Note. Uncreative idiots who smooth talk execs, strip the property of everything that made it interesting or unique, and inject their own dumbass ideas into it, with a healthy spoonful of personal politics.

Bad acting, worse dialogue, every character is a bitch or an asshole or both, the rape twist was obvious from episode 1, and the Mist switches goofy psychological visages and a black humanoid fog, the most basic shit you could possibly think of.

Just watched it today and I was at least pleasantly surprised that the jock was innocent and the weird gay kid turned out to be a manipulative lunatic who raped the girl but it didn't make up for how much they bastardized the plot of the original. It was a terrible adaptation but a mediocre show if you just take it on its own merits. Would have been easy to stick to the basic idea and have it be pretty good though.

>Cuck Dad kills everyone in the mall even though there might be kids inside because they got thrown out.
The fuck was that about.

>every character is a bitch or an asshole or both

That isn't so bad given the main threat in the film is really other people; the fact that people can quickly rise to power and push their own agendas, leading to you getting killed.

The show completely ignored that, though. It made everyone a cunt but hardly did anything with it. They just became annoying characters and nothing more.

Bad acting and dialogue aside, I enjoy it and hope it at least gets one more season before being canceled due to low ratings.

It was about the writers even running out of bad ideas and going into the territory of ones that were awful and made no sense for epic-ness value.

Not to mention they were like that from the start, even before the mist started. The dad was the only one worth rooting for, and to a lesser extent the soldier, but only because he literally had no character.

The only reason I want a season 2 is to see the mom die an awful death. She was such a fucking shit head holy fuck.

What did the mother do wrong?

She locked up the guy in the broom closet because she THOUGHT he was the rapist and showed 0 remorse when the dad explained it was the creepy emo kid who raped the daughter.

There was one thing that was halfway clever: the hippie lady taking the place of the religious fanatic. In fact, she rebels against the religion, the priest, and the idea of nature taking control rather than divine intervention. Thought that was actually well done.

I actually hate the hippie lady, reminds me too much the religious nut in the movie also the sheriff guy was such a fucking asshole, he stabbed the chick and fed her to the rats.

Yeah they both sucked, but at least that was the point. We were likely supposed to sympathize with Eve to a point, even though she was a total cunt and never stopped being one. Cocky as hell talking about sex in school, frigid bitch to her daughter, blames her husband for the rape, immediately mouths off to the lady in the pharmacy, etc. At no point did it seem like she was a rehabilitated whore.

Eve was so bad, she was worse than Lori from the Walking dead. She even trapped the guy in the broom closet because she thought he was the rapist even though he's shown no sigh of it, also she knew they were half-siblings and didn't say shit at all? what in the fuck. The dad is supposed to be the "good" guy but he just killed everyone in the mall just because.