People will look back on the 90's as the greatest decade of all time

People will look back on the 90's as the greatest decade of all time...

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersalleyonline.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=tHCvbLxkK_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blockbuster is useless in the age of the internet

the store was comfy af as a kid though
used to always rent gamecube games there
everyone else had a ps2 or xbox and all i had was a gamecube still pisses me off

Well only until we get another decade that doesn't suck total assballs. The 90s really was the last great one. Was it perfect ? Oh hell no, but still a lot of it's spirit was just right.

Nah, it was the death nail in the coffin of the future.
Everything started turning to shit in the 90's.

i worked at Block Buster as senior in HS

fun job, free rentals, management new it was going the way of the dinosaurs so no one gave a shit. After closing for the night we would roll up some blunts count our registers and clean up

What do millennials look to in the 00's for nostalgia?

thats because the ps2's hardware was superior, it could play movies and it's library is STILL unmatched

You know, except for a PC with an internet connection.

It happens with every generation. People will look back at the past because things get always more and more difficult and complex. There were no sjw in the 90s and even if there were they weren't as influential today. Just like the people of the 90s admired the people of the 80s and those of the 80s those of the 70s and so on. The past was just calmer than the world is today.

Actually if we talk pure spec wise Gamecube beat PS/2 and was pretty close to Xbox (debated weither it beat xbox too or not but they were pretty close to each other). Library and stuff you may have the argument though.

>being mad that your parents were at least somewhat fiscally responsible
grow up

I still don't understand why the Blockbuster brand wasn't turned into a series of small theaters that showcase classic movies.

>BYOB
>Buy cheap tickets with the lads to see a Schwarzenegger movie or a slasher with a chick.

It'd be genius.

fuck off shill the 90's ruled, go suck a fuck assbag.

I dunno man, remember Lilith Fairs, the rise in popularity of Wicca/Witchcraft? There was a lot of edgy feminism in the 90s.

Really jimmy jammies the ol noggin woggin

>knew it was going the way of the dinosaur
This is a 90's thread dipshit. They didn't know that until at least 2002 when Netflix started raping them

>There were no sjw in the 90s

spoken like a true child. there absolutely were sjws in the 90s and they were just as influential. they were just overshadowed by 9/11 and the ensues afpak wars.

testing

Sad thing is they could've bought Netflix, they had the chance to but they declined it.

Early internet brah. Newgrounds, flash games, good Sup Forums. Even I'm a little nostalgia for that.

Naruto and high school musical?

whats this flag?

>fuck off shill the 90's ruled, go suck a fuck assbag.
>faggot born in 1995 detected

90's was the decade where all you wiggers started sprouting up worshiping the black cock.

Napster , CS 1.5 on gamespy, having a big brother who got me ahead of everyone else on Dragon ball Z by getting English subbed episodes from some guy on Mirc.

sucks to not have money. my dad built me a top notch PC when I was 6

Red hand of Ulster

I used to fume when my friend would tell me GameCube was better than ps2. Sure, graphics looked a little more crisp but the games selection bored me in comparison. I have no regrets about only playing ps2 until the 360 came out. My grandma bought me an Xbox for Christmas but I never played it except for the games that came with the system. Still feel a bit bad about that but shit ps2 was too based to plug in that big thing.

>ywn go to blockbuster on a friday night, rent a game and play it all night ever again

Yeah not talking game selection in any respect I was just pointing out in a technical aspect, Gamecube was more capable. Was the last time Nintendo tried to compete in the pure specs department because they saw with the ps/2 how it didn't work out and have never tried since.

I was really into grunge... I liked the 90s

>thinks you can call yourself a 90's kid if you were born after kurt cobain's death
i was born in 1990 so you're wrong and i am the ultimate 90's kid. go suck a fuck and fuck some sucks, shitbreath.

best grunge era single?

STP big empty for me

I rarely went to Blockbuster specifically but funny thing about one of the places that at one point was a video/game rental store near me that I would go to, the location today is a local used/new video game etc type of store similar to GameStop but more locally ran called Gamer's Alley. Things have a way of coming back full circle.
gamersalleyonline.com/
Here's their website.

BB was about the social experience too

>it's a "I did not have sexual relations" pokemon_harry_potter_weird_al.mp3.exe episode

yeah there are still a few video stores around. Isn't quite the same, though. I imagine if vinyl can make a comeback, then so can video stores

this

The 1190s

Yeah just part of it was places like this in my town were closer to me vs where Blockbuster was. Another place I remember later on that was near me was called Moovies then it was called Video Update then it was called Movie Gallery, that place is now a Maytag appliance store :(
There's one I know called Family Video that also has Marco's Pizza in it.

In 1994 I applied for a job at the local best manufacturing plant. On the application I checked "No" on have you ever been arrested. Got hired on the spot for $9.75/hr.

Still work their today. $21.21/hr unlimited overtime. Lol I was on parole when I hired in.

I still have the floppies for Windows 3.1, wish I knew wtf happend to the 95 cd though.

God, so many memories.

Not at all OP, the 80's was the greatest and probably will be for a long time.

The American government wasn't fully subverted by foreign agents until the end of the 80's.

80's best decade for film too

surprised i made it through without going blind

The Running!
youtube.com/watch?v=tHCvbLxkK_Q

>80's best decade for film too

Well, the 70s were much better, actually.

>i was born in 1990 so you're wrong and i am the ultimate 90's kid
>still in diapers for most of cobain's career
>didn't do diddly shit unless it was cartoons and or being annoying to your parents
>only clearly remember the last half of eighties
90's kids were born in the 80-85

still got a sweet slammer i found last time i was back home

Yeah ok.

Bullshit.

The only thing that the 80's have on the 90's is the killer music.

Other than that everything was wayyyy better in the 90's.

Where to start?

NBA belonged to Michael Jordan, Sega Genesis and the consoles of 16 bit, Pc Games, toys, the list goes on and on.

Hell, even WWF was superior to the 80's.

Stone Cold > Hulk Hogan.

I have a C64 in my closet with about 300
4.6 Floppy Disks.

This really pissed me off

I was born in 1990, but that actually makes me too young to remember or have properly appreciated at the time

Nice best I got is what's left of an IBM ps/2

>cold war decade
>great

nirvana is the best grunge band because they clearly defined the genre and it's type of style, even though they themselves played sludge metal early on and then noise rock later on.

honestly never heard STP until now and they use the same quiet-loud-quiet that pixies revolutionized

>born in 1990

Kek
I was fucking your 14 yr old mom when you was born faggot.

90's was the last "good" decade only because little faggots from your generation killed the fucking ones after it.

I had one of these

i can remember playing Kings Quest and Silpheed

>The only thing that the 80's have on the 90's is the killer music.

>Then goes on to post about the toys he played with as a toddler.

Fuck you millennials are retarded.
You nigger loving cunts ruin the 90's and made the 00's shit.

Nostalgia is relative to your age man. 80s kids think they had the best generation too.
Im a 70s kid (born in 67), and I love every decade I've lived in. You always look back on the past fondly, just like how you worry about the future. That's just how the human brain works.

I will say, technology has made things insanely more convenient. Like, when you had a question back then, you had to go out of your way to the fucking library and actually look for the answer. Nowadays you just ask Google a question and you know the answer within seconds.
If you wanted to know the name of that actor who was in that one movie, you would have to watch that movie and then pay very close attention to the credits. And even then, all you'd get is a name, not a filmography.
If you wanted to prove a fact to a friend who required citation for your claim, you'd hve to spend like a day getting your sources together.

Thank God for the internet.

so what generation are 90s kids? 80-87? Always considered them to be the vanguard of millennials since they are not GenX

Starglider on an amiga, fucking epic, listening to sisters of mercy

>80-87?

That's about right if you wasn't in at least middle school in the 90's I don't know how you can even claim to be a 90's kid.
Younger then that and you knew nothing about anything.

OC

May I ask why?

I'm partial to Would? by Alice in Chains.

I was born in 86 I'm totally a 90s kid.

Nostalgia? Not what it used to be, man. I remember when we had proper nostalgia...

>Naruto got laid before 90% of Sup Forums and 99% of Sup Forums

>born in 67
It's crazy knowing that there's people here almost as old as my Dad...

They were pretty fun, desu.

Millennials are generation Y. They came right after generation x. Most people put millennials as starting around 1984-1988. Each generation lasts 20 years, so you do the math.
The kids being born today are not millennials. They are generation Z

90s kids are old now... im 30 with a kid most of my friends too

Are we showing off rare old technology ITT?

Yeah there are people here that forgot more than you know.Let that sink in son.

Good taste. I always thought don't follow and down in a hole were their best.

Then there was black hole sun by soundgarden

Those were the days.

Honestly it's kind of funny when people talk about politics. Ive paid attention to politics my entire life, and it's always the same thing. And by same thing, I mean people yelling about how "we've never seen this before! This changes everything!"
Fuck the msm

I came here specifically to call you out because Blockbuster was a gigantic fucking turd that eliminated all the mom&pop video rental places and made everything homogenous and boring. Want something niche? Fuck you, asshole, this is Blockbuster. Their rental agreements were expensive too.

I'm 26 and I feel like an old timer compared to most people on Sup Forums. I've read so many posts about people texting in middle school, or having facebook in middle school. Makes me feel old since I didn't have a cell phone until I was 16.

That's not old.Should I post up my Atari 2600,or my 1973 Pong?

9/11

Ruined Ford Broncos for me.

We aren't Vanguards of shit faggot.

The Gen X'ers are officially known as the BOOT LICKERS of the Baby Boomers.

Why do you think nobody remembers them?

They had their noses so far up the Boomer's ass that they never had a chance to create their own culture.

Gen X. is 1970-1988.

The Gen X'ers were the servants of the boomers.

Born in 87 here and as a kid growing up in the 90s was TITS just turned 29 in july and my old buds threw me a nostalgic themed party. Pic is related

The 90s were fun. I'll admit I was only a little kid--I was born in 1994--but I was definitely happier.

Not old, rare old.

Everyone and their grandma has old video game systems.

Holy shit, other goths still exist.
We should fuck, I have nice boots.

>mom&pop video rental places

Those were the place I first went to rent movies with my father back in 83.

Most in my town wasn't that big only a few aisles but you could find some off the wall stuff in them.
Favorite places to rent horror movies back in the day.

I remember the day the shareware version was released in the UK, and the server went down. Had to wait for it on a cover disk.

Honestly, being a late 70s/early 80s kids are pro the best.
You were born early enough to experience the "good old days," but late enough to experience the technological revolution at the same age people are developing it, but not too late that the tech industry is saturated

>that they never had a chance to create their own culture.

Kek

Gen Yers think stealing nigger culture for themselves is creating a identity.
Fuck off faggot.

Enjoy you tranny and faggot loving culture you created.

>Iraq no-fly zone
>Iraq sanctions
>Madeleine Albright "millions of kids are dying of hunger in Iraq... is the price worth it? I think it's worth it."
>Clinton bombing Sudan without a war declaration
>NATO bombing Yugoslavia to defend muslim invaders
>Beginning of the mass migration of shitskins to the West
>Creation of the EU and the Euro
>Affirmative Action
>Ebonics recognized as a "dialect"
>Waco
>Oklahoma city bombing
>Abortion becomes entrenched
>The Concorde is permanently grounded
The 1990s were comfy but they also were the beginning of the end. Kikes gripped USA by the balls and never again let go.

Fuck the 1990s.

You and I both know 4 Chan was never good

Everything started going to shit in the late 60's when drugs started becoming more prominent.
You know it's true.

>The past was just calmer than the world is today meme.
Each generation faced its challenges.
Everyones childhood usually is better than their adulthood. That's why people look fondly on the past.

90% of Sup Forums is probably underage b& so that's not surprising.

Ok so what about my bought new TurboGrafx-16?

>Implying it was drugs and not communism
Plenty of people did drugs and didn't turn anti-establishment. But pretty much every anti-establishment person did drugs. Drugs are a symptom, not a cause

>People will look back on the 90's as the greatest decade of all time...
If you're talking about the 1890s then they're right.

I used to work at blockbuster back in highschool.

Makes me feel old man.

I'm triggered OP.

Delete this.

>falling for the high school job meme.
You're raging at the wrong thing