Sup Forums Remembers Katrina

11 years ago to the day, New Orleans was attacked by a racist hurricane, and the city went full chimp out category 5 (planet of the apes).

Was the miscommunication between local, state, and FEMA to blame? Were the blacks victims of mother nature being white?

youtu.be/JEAedjLXw7Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Fhc0oWxF1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-Kou0HBpX4A
youtu.be/Gy0zP4pYkSo
youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI
youtube.com/watch?v=p3SemYQH-8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was "mishandled" on purpose it was a FEMA test run to see how they could take weapons in a emergency event and how people would react.

That shit hole needed a good washing and Bush knew it.

George Bush doesn't care about black people

This thread

Oh, shit. Someone please have that Youtube video link saved. I can't find it.

Bump
There are some crazy stories about Katrina

Which is why it needed a washing...?

Damn I didn't know Shaun Penn was there helpin

>"Guys, there's a big hurricane that's gonna hit New Orleans. You ought to leave the city."
>"No."
>niggers get slammed, can't swim to safety
>"Why didn't George Bush save us?"
These fucking people

>the city went full chimp out category 5

Looter dude.

Ummmm excuse me? Black people were shown as "looters" while white people were "scavenging supplies"

You are going on Gawker and are going to be the next Internet meme

What sucks is all the niggers flooded over into my state after, can't even go around H-town with nogs niggin everywhere...

He is such a sjw faggot

Live in Houston even though it was a shit place before katrina. It became fucking awful when the niggers came here and never went back.

REEEEEEEEEE

he went to 'help the victims', but went with a camera crew and just took a bunch of photo op pictures so everyone would know what a great guy he was.

He's not worse than that faggot ruffo or rofut I forgot his name, that what you call a leftist numale just check his twatter

Just niggers

Natural disasters in primarily white areas or say, Japan, have no problems.

Ya never go full retard!

My kitchen. Please note the discarded Bagel Bites package.

Stealing TVs is looting, stealing food is surviving

Wow

Living room. We couldn't salvage the pool table.

God bless ya Lootie. Thanks for making some of Farks photoshop contests funny as fuck.

Well, it looks like you were not in the 9th district. I think that went totally under. Is that correct?

Orcs!!!

I'm from coastal Mississippi, the eye of the storm.

youtu.be/4Fhc0oWxF1Q

Hey did you see or hear about the "boom" right before the levie walls broke? I always thought the gov demo'd that fucker. Nig in this vid reports it like a minute into program.

it's called the 9th ward.

All I ever heard was the din of the wind.

Liberal actor goes down to help, he's so brave and wonderful. Trump goes down to help, OMG OPPORTUNIST SCUM.

This is not the first time i heard such a report.
>media black out
>boom reported by multiple witnesses
>overtopping waves only 2 feet above wall
>steal rebar and concrete snapped
>niggers swimming

Holy fuck

I saw pics of huge boats miles inland in mississippi. Crazy.

Penn was widely made fun of in the media when he went to help after Katrina.

He is a fucking hero!

>pic related proof

....Christian Bale?

I have some more pictures for you.

Look at Sean Penn feeling good about himself thinking he looks like a hero. Christ

So, what happens... Does the water literally pick a house up and crash it around till its sticks? Or, is it the wind that does it? Or, does the water pick up random shit and pool it together in certain areas?

The rain adds up and the nearby coastal waters rise dramatically, while the powerful winds push against the water. My neighborhood was destroyed by the resulting storm surge, essentially a wind and rain driven tsunami. The New Orleans area to the West just filled like a bowl with rain water.

This was a top tier happening. The anticipation built up for a few days, whether the storm would hit the city, how powerful it might become, etc. By the time it swerved and missed New Orleans, it was already almost an legendary event, and then it hit the levees at the last minute and all hell broke loose for the next few days.

Will we ever have a happening on this scale again?

Actually it took weeks. Some people died of exposure and starvation. It would have been worse if Sean wasnt there.

kek

Im not making light, but thats a lot of potential firewood

>Was the miscommunication between local, state, and FEMA to blame?

Nagin had to hand it off to Blanco who had to hand it off to Bush.

Nagin sat on his corrupt chocolate-city ass while Blanco got on tv and bluhbluhbluhed for a few days as shit got worse.

Meanwhile, recovery teams were on the Louisiana lines awaiting authorization to enter.

But the reason shit was so fucked up was government dependence.

The largely poor black population that stuck around did so because they knew, just knew, that the government would bail them out if shit hit the fan.

Spend all your life eating from the hand of the Feds, why would you ever expect them NOT to come to your rescue?

Meanwhile, the rich folks got out of town and hired ex-Israeli commandos to guard their homes while NOPD went around disarming any whites dumb enough to stay and not hide their guns.

He gave his all, but we just made fun of him.

>We couldn't salvage the pool table.

Good. Get a billards table. Half-size.

We had never seen the oak trees near the beach because there used to be houses in between them.

Maybe its because Bush hates black people and told them not to lift people to safety with the Chinooks.

Honestly I wish Katrina was bigger.

At least the niggers here are nice for the most part.

It was fucking governor blanco and that low IQ subhuman ray nagin. they should've let the feds take over.

any other nola fags here?

That pic legitimately makes me hate Sean Penn. What a fucking clown.

I had no idea blackwater was there.

So, did hear a story of some good ol boy sitting on his porch shooting niggers for sport. Ill try to find video. I saw it years ago. He bragged about getting like 50.

There'll be a boom when dam walls break no matter what

If you're interested in Blackwater, I recommend Eric Prince's book about them called "Civilian Warriors". I was fucking pissed about how poorly they were treated by the same people who hired them (I'll give you a hint, it was the State Dept.)

rip user, i know dat feel

youtube.com/watch?v=-Kou0HBpX4A

>Lived in the 15th ward of New Orleans.
>One of the few predominately white middle class neighborhoods in N'awlins.
>Live with friend as work requires travel. Unfortunately get caught in during Katrina.
>We heard on Myspace that some looting started before the event.
>Storm rolled in and flooded many areas, ours was spared for the most part.

Oh boy here we go

>Have a milled mak90 from before the ban, and friend has a freshly purchased cetme from Century. (the assault rifle ban had ended little less than a year before this)
>We hear gun fire even before the storm has finished.
>Shit gets weird...
>Lots of looting but things remain normal, no electricity or water, sewage is out, and no phones/cell.
>Here comes the shitstorm, 3 days after landfall things start to get hairy.
>Guys are breaking into houses, pulling people out.
>We heard an old lady got raped by some thugs near McDonoghville
>Many of the houses are empty, so when we see some black guys ripping the ply wood off one of the small windows we got a bit worried.
>Friend yells at them what are you doing!!!!!
>Guy down the street (heavy set) is yelling to get away from the house. He is carrying some shitty hunting shotgun with a 28 inch barrel
>They pull out pistols and start shooting at the guy who is less than 70 ft away.
>He literally falls behind some park cars.
>They then shoot at us. I can hear the bullets breaking glass and hitting tile in my kitchen

>yfw God killed the wrong Penn

I get the feeling that Sean Penn thinks he's in a movie 24/7, which is why he does shit like this, as well as meet with El Chapo.

Can someone please kick the shit out of this faggot!?!? Along with Bono from U2?

>>Lived in the 15th ward of New Orleans.
where is dat? matairie? uptown?

Mark Ruffalo, and yeah he's cancer

>going on Gawker

>any other nola fags here?

Wasn't here for Katrina though.

>So, did hear a story of some good ol boy sitting on his porch shooting niggers for sport.

Heard secondhand that NOPD basically left Algiers (across the river) to handle their own shit.

Some blocks formed militias and supposedly had nightly firefights with roving looting Basketball-Americans. Some guys even claimed to have dumped bodies of the looters in the river when they inevitably got shot.

FOUND IT!!!

Vigilante groups on patrol. Cleetus done himself 38 niggers.

youtu.be/Gy0zP4pYkSo

do you live next to curren$y? he one of my favorite rappers

Thx brother

Algiers I think

Fucking Hurricane Katrina.

>Be smallish tourist town in Arkansas
>Hurricane Katrina happens
>Population grows by 5k+ in a single night
>crime rate fucking skyrockets
>nigger trash everywhere
>nigger crimes everywhere
>retarded children being raped
>entire white families being murdered for truck rims
>grandpa shot
>parents shot
>son shot
>girlfriend shot
>all over some truck rims

Fuck niggers.

were u there?

THIS

We know the rest. No need to tell what yall did. Good work

>I fall and I get stiff, It was weird for a few seconds I couldn't move.
>Friend is crawling and runs to get his gun
>We hear fat man shoot, I don't think it was at them just up in the air.
>I can move now, hands feel cold even in the smoldering heat. Go and grab my ak
>Friend is leaning out the window firing his cetme. As impressive as the sound was it fucked up by the 3 round
>It then was practically a bolt action, every other good round was on the floor.
>I get my rifle but have only 2 mags loaded.
>Everything is quiet... then I see a flash as someone slips their hand over the railing to shoot. Bullet actually hits my house.
>I shoot at the covered porch way. Pop off more than half a mag when one of them jumps out from behind the wood and takes off down the road
>Fat man then fires a salvo of 5 buckshot at the porch.

Creepy part. One of the thieves has been hit and he makes this crazy yelp with every breath kind of thing. It feels like he did it forever until it got quiet.

Fatman was the first to walk over. He sees the bodies and tells us to come out.

We walk over to find two guys one curled up in the corner another drug himself towards the back of the house. Both dead

>He tells us this is his cousins house. He states I can't believe I killed them!
>I'm kind of loosing my cool at this point.

He tells us that he will take care of this

I WTF..... Turns out cousins a cop and he is a constable at the courthouse.
He carries the bodies away in a wheel barrow and dumps them in the flooded part. My friend went with him and said he kicked them off into the water.

You too?! Man, i wish it were some Day after Tomorrow shit

something needed to wipe the city clean

>were u there?

No, here now. All of my stuff is secondhand from coworkers, friends, and even some of the disaster response team.

Got here about a half-decade after. City was actually kind of nice but it's becoming a den of yuppie/hipster bullshit and land values have skyrocketed.

This city is going to topple if we ever get a direct hit from a storm stronger than a Cat 2.

Mississippi got the worst of the storm but no one remembers that shit. It's unfortunate.

well they had the worst of the hurricane, but infrastructure wise, new orleans had is much worse. and most of the lives lost were in NOLA

wtf I hate water now

it's a good price

Does anyone have any of the colosseum stories?

>Bono
Yes, and take out that faggot Bob Geldof too

Katrina just showed how fragile the US social structure is. People went into full race war mode after it.

The thing about Sean is that even though his heart is usually in the right place, he can't help being a total ratface cunt in the way he goes about EVERYTHING.
If he had just gone there quietly and raced around trying to help hurricane victims, people would just say, "yeah, the guy's a legend."
But he didn't. Like always, he made it about himself.
He never went anywhere or did anything without two cameramen recording him: one for wide-shot and one for his all important closeup.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

That?

>George Bush doesn't care about black people

No one does.

Damn. Thinking maybe yall should have shot first. If my m1a1 jams in battle, ill be pissed.

>Was the miscommunication between local, state, and FEMA to blame?
Yes.

The Governor of Louisiana at the time skipped every emergency preparedness training session that new governors are supposed to attend and had no idea what was required in the event of an emergency. It took a ridiculously long time for permission for the National Guard to enter that state and begin evacuation and relief efforts.

The same operations that went terribly in Louisiana went without any considerable issue in all of the surrounding states.

Add on top of the statewide failure a local failure by Mayor Negin himself who waited until 2 days after NOAA and the weather service told his ass to get people on the buses ASAP. By the time he got the buses in place and people loaded onto them the highways those buses would have to drive down were blocked.

Everyone wanted to conveniently forget that there are two levels of government below the Federal Government that can and do screw up.

It's like you read my mind and the rest of Sup Forums's minds as well.

11/10

I always liked this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=p3SemYQH-8o

Bump

The SuperRapeDome sounded like a nightmare, don't remember all the stories, I think many went unreported because it was so grim