DCEU’s Batman is Made For Trump’s America

>The critics accused Zack Snyder of making Batman into a villain in the DCEU, but with a rise in extremism, it's time to reconsider.
>if BvS is a story of today’s America, with Superman representing the immigrants, minorities, and cultural ‘threats’ targeted by white nationalists and other hate groups, Batman is literally and figuratively the authority given the power to act, oppose, and attack.
>But claiming Bruce Wayne’s decision to oppose Superman not for crimes committed, but the risk he poses strains believability… well, the political landscape of the last few years reveals that story to be a relevant and timely one.
screenrant.com/dceu-batman-donald-trump-america/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/C2Sfn
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop talking about Snyder's art. It has a bad rotten tomatoes score. Let it go.

Is Martha supposed to be Hillary then?

Batman saved Martha, nothing could save Hillary

Then what does that make Alfred?

Then who's Lex Luther?

archive.is/C2Sfn

You annoying clickbait shill.

>if BvS is a story of today’s America, with Superman representing the immigrants, minorities, and cultural ‘threats’ targeted by white nationalists and other hate groups, Batman is literally and figuratively the authority given the power to act, oppose, and attack.

If it is those things, it is shit because it never should have been them. If he wanted to tell that story he should have done it with Doughnut Steel OCs instead of bastardizing characters that are beloved by fans who just wanted to see them in a shared live action universe for the first time.

Want to know why it was okay when Nolan did it? Because the bad guy was the bad guy who did what real life bad guys do, and the good guy was a control freak like he usually is who did what public officials at the time were doing with the intent of protecting us, even if the ethics of what they were doing were questionable. He didn't need to bastardize the intrinsic character and moral compass of the fictional individuals nearly everyone knows on a fundamental level because he was talented enough to develop a story with real world parallels comprised of characters that authentically lined up with the sides of the parallel without needing to put them through a meat grinder first in order to make them more maleable with regard to being the type of character he wanted them to be that they weren't on their own.

The film explicitly poses Bruce as the villain of the story. The whole movie is him discovering he's wrong about Dupes and wrong for ruthlessly cutting down his enemies. This could not be a more blunt, obvious point if Snyder walked into the theater and shouted the information from a megaphone.

PLEB

you will never take Nat out for a nice dinner then fuck his brains out

Don't even give him (you)s. It's just longwinded pissfest of him crying about how superhero characters should just be cookie cutter wish fulfillment. He probably still watches cartoons and reads every single boring reboot every single capeshit character gets every other year in comics.

Lois = The lady in the water. She dives in the pool of water to retrieve "Excalibur" (the kryptonite spear).

So I guess Superman = Arthur and Supergirl = Morgan le Fey? And Batman is Lancelot? I don't know. The symbology is a fucking mess

>the ahegao meme

Shit

So I guess Bernie Sanders is Alfred

Batmans conscience. The little voice that says "What you're doing is not right, you are a danger to yourself and others" but remains powerless as Batman sinks deeper and deeper into madnes and paranoia.

Isn't Lex Luthor the one that is a racist trump supporter?

Easy. Luthor reperesents capitalism. The movie could hardly be any more obvious about that.

Is this a pasta??

When will the left just fuck off and die already. The West has been the absolute top on the entire world stage for the last 500 years regarding human rights, prosperity, religious freedom, and scientific expansion.

Who are these no-nothing 20 somethings and cuckolds to tell us to do anything? We should find ourselves in grace to be in the shadow of such a hateful, evil, backward movement that woulf normalise sexualisation of children, sodomy, and hatred of our fellow man?

The next war cannot come soon enough. We cannot as a species advance to the stars and diversify our locale to avoid instant species death. These people are the greatest threat humanity has ever known, and no one can deny it.

Zack is /ourguy/
The world doesn't deserves him, he deserves the world.

The expansion of the classic military-industrial complex that Crichton talked about in "State of Fear," the one that figures politics and media into the equation. I was not a fan of that book, but a lot of Crichton's ideas were extremely interesting.

Lex has all the nformation, but only uses it to season his lies and further his fear-mongering. He was "fake news" about six months before we had a word for it.

Both Clark and Bruce prove to be "Arthur," or rather modern-day knights - heroes that embrace truth, both about themselves as well as their world, instead of turning their backs on it like Lex did.

He's America's father figure and older brother - Britain.

FEVER
E
V
E
R

Will we mortals someday be able to fully comprehend the works of Sir Zack Synder the First? , Highly unlikely.

I dont know if i buy all this...

That one applies to Bruce, but each part also applies individually to Lex and Clark:

Fever - Clark
Rage - Bruce
Powerlessness - Lex

I had trouble connecting fever with guilt, then I googled "guilt as fever," and back came Macbeth.

>tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>tfw Zod is Bernie

well Miller writers a pretty fascist Batman
even if BVS shat on his work for the most part

What will DCucks pull out of thier ass next

Lex is the guy who'll say literally whatever he thinks it will take to make you give him what he wants. Whatever that specific thing happens to be, the reason Lex wants it is as a stepping stone to more prestige and power.

Lex wants to protect the world from the "alien menace," even if he has to manufacture that menace himself. Odds are he even sort of looks at the New Gods in that same light, just another means to an end.

Lex doesn't know anything about the new gods

Yeah, he does. Some of it, he finds out from the Kryptonian AI, the rest he finds out straight from the source.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

>"But the bell's already been rung, and they heard it, out there in dark, amongst the stars, that ding-dong, the god is dead. And a bell can not be unrung. He's heard it, and he's coming."

he made him stupid and belligerent on purpose!

It's a Trump thing! That explains why the movie is shit!

BvS is more like a greek tragedy in modern setting. Batman is the orchestrator of the self-caused tragedy. It's Oidipus.

Why is DC so culturally relevant and marlel little more than a footnote in DC's story?
>mfw DC laid the madonna/whore duality with Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn
Not even their best movies

Daily Reminder

Chris Nolan

Best film Visual effects Oscar : 3 noms and 2 wins
Best production design Oscar : 2 noms
Best art direction Oscar : 2 noms
Best cinematography Oscar : 3 noms

Hack Snyder

0 noms or wins in any of those categories and in general kek.

Also before any of you autists say "Oscars are out of touch old men" excuse , I would like to remind you that vfx , cinematography, and other similar Oscar Judges are truly industry experts and do know better than you plebs

I honestly feel bad for Terrio and Snyder. They tried really hard to elevate a creatively bankrupt McDonald's genre into the levels of arthouse cinema but all monkeys could see was an insult that the film didn't adhere to their manchild sensibilities.

Hopefully they'll make something else in a different genre. Maybe a western or a historical film.

How buttblasted has this image made you? Don't blame Snyder the shit MCU has zero impact on popular culture anymore. It's more of a reflection of it.

It's not a Trump thing, it's a foreign policy thing, and it's been happening since the Bush administration. We keep playing terrorist whack-a-mole instead of establishing meaningful dialogues with the only people who can realistically pick up the spear and slay the dragons - the cultures that are birthing them.

Notice how they set up Doomsday to absorb hits and just keep growing? He represents radical extremism, arguably ISIS, born from the corpse of the "dead" extremist and the blood of the elite. His first two acts? To lash out at the creator whose blood helped bring him to life and to destroy a monument to a "false god."

Friendly reminder that blood is a popular metaphor for money, and money's precisely what we bled all over Iraq during the course of Iraqi Freedom. The best part is that he alludes to the real "devil" at work in the world. The one that's made of oil and keeps inspiring extremist ideologies.

This movie is an unsung fucking masterpiece.

Now this is phoneposting

Pathetic and predictable reaction from a Snyder fanboy. Is your go to argument always i"t's better than" ?

Are we supposed to be impressed that he is slightly above dog shit? The comparison is with Nolan. If you can't even say he is better than him , then you can all shut this ,Snyder is a genius crap.

I could just as easily turn Batman into Iraqis and Superman as the Americans attempting to save them from their dictator Lex/Saddam.

I think the overbearing message is not letting hatred blind you for the truth. Be self-reflective. Be honest with yourself. Be wary of the beautiful lies. The ugly truth is still more beautiful. At the same time, find purpose in your actions. Be honest about who you are living for.

Both Batman and Superman are in a state of self-deception. Batman for what he is, Superman for what he isn't.

That only means he knows about Steppenwolf and not any other new gods that whole ending makes no sense to begin with... thats the problem with snyders story telling, everything is so vague that autists can literally pull anything out of their ass

"It's better than marvel"*

I love your attempt to pit Snyder against Nolan because you honestly think we're dumb enough to start comparing the two in dick measuring contests. Both are auteurs. Both are making the film medium better. Both are driving forces in their respective genres. I have no reason to dislike either of them. Nobody with vested interest in film should. The true enemy is Disney, its suffocating corporatism and the death of creativity and artist freedom. I will defend artists. I won't defend faceless corporations that have homogenized a whole genre into the same assembly-line garbage of quips and commercials for sequels.

Pic related, raw talent that Marvel will never have so long as corporate puppets Kevin Feige are running shit.