Anyone else sick of the forced politics in movies and TV? It was funny at first now it's getting very tiresome

Anyone else sick of the forced politics in movies and TV? It was funny at first now it's getting very tiresome.

>SNL
>ANY LATE NIGHT SHOW
>ANY Comedy Central show
>MTV
>BET
>ANY awards ceremony
>any adult cartoons

I mean the list goes on.
I don't care if you like trump or hate him I'm sick of Fucking politics getting shoehorned into my TV and movies.

When will it stop? Why do they keep forcing it so hard?

I JUST WANT TO WATCH A LATE NIGHT SHOW OR TV SHOW THAT ISN'T FILLED WIT POLITICAL BULLSHIT OR THAT ISNT VIRTUE SIGNALING GARBAGE!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XKvsLLfRpLs
bostonglobe.com/arts/television/2017/06/26/lawsuit-helps-muzzle-john-oliver-sort/EQWBzIOHzdAixP55c1iEiM/story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's only because it's your political opinion getting shit on you conservatards are so hypocritical if it was the other way around you'd love it whose the real snowflakes again?

>forced
you don't have to watch it

it is very irritating. politics are extremely boring. it just wont end. they more they push it the more i pull away.

>Anyone else sick of the forced politics in movies and TV?
Is it literally your first day on this board or something?

unless the culture shifts, you're in it for the long haul. you're dealing with people who think political apathy is akin to aligning with genocide.

So...
Trump, am I right?

The ones who have had everything go their way for decades and the instant anything doesn't go their way slightly they shit the bed and start protesting

You have to realise Donald Trump is the best thing that has ever happened to late night shows from a business standpoint.

It's not even politics that they are discussing since they don't go into the detail of trade deficits, diplomacy, budgets, etc.

It is picking a side based on the hot button issue that appeals to emotions and lampooning those who disagree with a particular stance.

This has always happened in the media, it's just that now everyone thinks everyone else wants to hear a person's shitty opinions.

Applies to both sides too.

the more it continues i hope it shows people how fucked up and biased the shitty media is

that's the most important aspect of getting trump in so far, the media has completely gone off the rails and even normies will have to face this fact

Uhhh, sweetie, Drumpf is LITERALLY trying to force everyone but white males into death chambers RIGHT NOW. He needs to be denounced constantly from every possible angle 24/7 if queer folk have any chance of survival.

Because corporations found out that they can fuck over the everyday Jo and Jane by using leftard talking points.
Every single progressive agenda serves as a direct benefit to the mega corporations and the dipshits think how hard they 'fight the system'.

looking at trends and watching the ebb and flow of politics, the pendulum will come back in their favor again, and either side engages in pretty heavy impotent whining when it's not "their turn"

Same thing with Sup Forums desu

Younger right wing use only internet.
Older ones watch Fox.
The only thing that remains is leftists.
They are pandering to their technologically illiterate audience.

you shit heads are doing it right now. you just cant fucking stop.

Current events for something like SNL are a lazy way to generate new material quickly.

This. I was at a conference a few weeks ago and one of my fellow attendees was whining about Trump being in the news.

Your serious? You seriously can't see the insane forced comedy by repeating the same old trump joked for a year straight? I like Trump But everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this insanity was no where near as bad with Obama since they sucked his black dick daily. Sure hypocrisy gets annoying but I have learned to deal with it. As a movie or tv viewer I'm sick of ANY politics in my TV and movies. Alot of modern day people who aren't trump supporters but DONT actively hate him probably fill the same way.

Even when I choose NOT to watch this shit (example is Colbert) I am constantly reminded daily by my normie friends. Same with that Faggot John Oliver.

Trump has been the target of criticism since he ran, I have no problem with jokes at him but when everyone and their mother won't stop talking about him you get sick of it. I didn't even want to hear about Obama as much as I did when he was president, I hated him but didn't bitch and moan to this degree. Its tiring and it's annoying and stunting creativity when writes are forced to shoehorn politics that will ALWAYS divide unless you are making fun of both sides in risk of alienating your audience.

Stop being a smug liberal for 5 Fucking seconds and look at it from a normal persons point of view who doesn't care about politics. They are getting sick of this shit too.

It hasnt even been a year guys and its all so tiresome. I don't even care what Trump says or does anymore.

SNL has been political for years, but they really suck at being humorous.

The rest: yes. I'm tired of hearing about politics. It's among the lowest-rung of comedy. May as well make poop jokes.

RONALD

Havent they made fun of politicians and the president since forever? I mean America has this dumbass meme president who's a greater meme factory than Dubya ever was, but for some reason every polfag is all REEEEEE when someone makes fun of Trump

So in essence both right wingers and left wingers get triggered and offended over everything. They're the same annoying faggots.

Mate, you are acting like Hillary didn't get shot on daily basis and then Sup Forums autism flooded the site with normie redditors who go out and do the cringy shut you see online

Yeah, unfortunately the doors of the gaschambers were made by mexicans, so it constantly leaks and non-whites don't suffocate, just complain loudly.
Meanwhile they look for a white person to fix the situation, but because we are talking about USA, the hope is quickly fading.

What are you talking about? Writers and creators of shows are literally forcing their opinions at Q and As or just constantly spouting how they feel when no one cares.

Take this instance when Dan Harmon went full cuck and would not stop taking about Nazis and Trump.

youtu.be/XKvsLLfRpLs

You can even tell by looking at stuff that is constantly shoehorning politics into everything that more people are getting sick of it.

The thing is that Hillary is gone now and Trump is president. Just shit the Fuck up cause it's over but no we have to be reminded daily about her and Trump and we can not just go back to pre 2005 before TV and movies started their slow spiral into politics.

I'm complaining about BOTH sides as a Trump supporter here. If I want to watch or talk politics I'll go to pol or watch FOX or MSNBC or whoever, I don't want it in my sitcoms or shows and I don't want movies made and the constant trend of making EVERYTHING into a political issue.

>Complaining about neo-Nazis and the president makes you a cuck
"Cuck" is the most overplayed insult of the year.

>implying neo Nazis are huge when in reality its a boogeyman
>implying calling people a Nazi sympathizer because they won't defend 2 bad groups is helping people to your cause
>implying Nazis actually have a voice when in reality they are socially disconnected and mentally ill to the point of trannies.

Just Fuck off. The fact you humor his shit is part of the problem. What the Fuck do Nazis have to do with Rick and Morty? Why the Fuck do we care Dan hates Nazis when he already made a segment on his show making fun of them. This Faggot could of talked about Rick and North or other great shit but no he went full retard and just rambles on and on about politics.

>It's only because it's your political opinion getting shit on you conservatards are so hypocritical
Pretty much this.

This. It needs to stop on BOTH SIDES. just go back to being entertainers not trying to force your political opinion on the audience. Why is this so hard to learn?

>Hillary didn't get shot on daily basis

Pic related. claiming that Clinton was shat upon just as Trump is disingenuous. I am not an American, so I have no horse in the race, but what the media and liberal elite do right now is insane, although not surprising since I came from ex-communist country so I saw this level of media machine at work before.

And that poster is right about criticism and softballing on previous administration - can you imagine if Trump would destroy two sovereign countries and then be given Nobel prize for peace like Obama?

>it's because it's your political opinion

Being so utterly smug and just saying people are bad sports when daily they are mocked for their political beliefs is tiring. The fact you are so detached from differating opinions and don't see the problem shows how detached from reality.

I don't care if it's democrats or Republicans I want it out of my shit. Stop trying to frame this as a republican problem when some liberals I spoke to are also sick of it.

The owner of my country's biggest scifi and fantasy magazine wrote it the best in his column half a year before the election - ''I pray to all the saints that Trump will lose because the Hollywood and entertainment industry will drown us in unending stream of badly writen books and movies with themes of fight against the 'system' and fascism.''

I cancelled cable and dont watch antenna TV. I exclusively stream and its great. I see regular TV in my patients room at the hospital I work at and forgot how cancerous commercials are. It also opens up so much free time, as you can pick and choose what to watch instead of being able to turn on the TV and veg out for hours on bullshit.

Ill never get cable or dish again, fuck them.

Only pleb shit has forced politics, any quality art will be done by a respectable writer and director

Better start watching kids shows and anime then.

>b-but muh pol

>OP voices dislike or neutrality of trump, like many "centrists" on Sup Forums
>must be a trump supporter!!1!!

What the fuck is pol?

>complains about politics in television
>triggers a bitch fest about politics
oh the ironing

Why are liberals such lying pieces of garbage?

You said "kids shows" twice

Is Peppa Pig anime?

Might as well post this from Doctor Who.

Awww is widdle wedhat gonna cry?

They were 100% right and this shit isn't stopping anytime soon, if anything they are doubling down. Colbert is making a show dedicated to animated trump. Literally why? Doesn't he talk about him enough?

Politically incorrect board that tv has to REEEEE about when a political topic with Tv or movies come up to avoid discussing anything about said politics in the material.

>BUT MUH POL

Most of the shit their is satire but there is also a large influx of pure autism. Also the stormfags need to die

I already stated I don't want 1 side silenced I want all politics out of my movies and TV.

Saw this and literally almost gagged and cringed. Do people actually laugh at jokes like this?

>Havent they made fun of politicians and the president since forever?

There was not one Obama joke throughout his 8 years.

A lazy way that SNL has done since it's started, same with all of OP's examples. Were both of you born after 2000?

>any adult cartoons

>Politically incorrect board
You mean Sup Forums?
Cause there is no board named pol.

S-stop criticizing [current president].How dare media criticize [leader of X Country].It's the proof that media are biased.Only InfoWars can save us now

Cheeky fuck

I so agree, user. I'm a Trump fag but I didn't want it during Obama and I don't want it now.

Funny how the "anti fascist" group wants to overturn an election, vents violence on civilians for differing opinions, and wants to suppress any means of free speech from those they disagree with.

>SNL
>ANY LATE NIGHT SHOW
>ANY Comedy Central show
>MTV
>BET
>ANY awards ceremony
>any adult cartoons
>unironically watching any of these
I think I found your problem

Did you watch the video your astounding fucking retard?

Cut the cord OP, stop giving money to it and it will weaken day by day.

>into my
Yours? You don't own the media. Vote with your wallet.

>people only just now realizing the media is propaganda

Please post examples of all those criticisms and jokes the media did about Obama. I remember when academic community made fun of him when they gave him Nobel Peace price for the destruction of two countries. All those Libyans and Syrians sure had a blast!

Remember how the anti-war left roasted him about it? Those were the times.

It's not that it's the fact they don't even hide the propoganda. Its so blantant and obvious yet people still defend it.

Argued with a friend yesterday about how I hate John Oliver and Colbert. He was giving me shit cause I said besides not being funny, push their own agenda. He kept using the excuse "he's a entertainer, he can say whatever he wants". Its like people are blind to how obvious the agenda they are pushing is or just eat it up like gullible sheep.

The Zingbot episode of the latest BB season was just fucking atrocious

>it's almost like politics matter or something

>enlightened gentleman sperging out to his friends for watching shitty comedians
Holy fuck the cringe.

They don't to the average person. Look at how much fucking coverage the election got and yet voter turnout was abysmal.

The talking heads on TV can't make people care, just get their attention.

>implying John Oliver and Colbert aren't just hacks who lie and rehash the same shitty jokes. Implying Colbert isn't a 1 trick pony.

I am so glad John Oliver is getting sued and I hope he loses and gets fined a shit ton for lying his ass off as much as he does just for a fake laugh from progressives.

bostonglobe.com/arts/television/2017/06/26/lawsuit-helps-muzzle-john-oliver-sort/EQWBzIOHzdAixP55c1iEiM/story.html

It was one of the lowest voting turnouts if I recall. Itd the shitty elites who are still butthurt Trump won. Never saw a meltdown this bad in my many years. Parents said the same and they lived through the Regan years.

This. When Bush was president they spat out the most vile insults every day (anyone remember "Dude Where's Air Force One?) Yet when Obama was annointed suddenly it was time to come together as Americans to support our president.

The hypocrisy of the left knows no limits.

They don't. All the sides in US are corporatist shills. It becomes blatantly clear during big events. You have mitt Romney siding with antifa and you have over the top democrats suddenly cheering Trump when he strikes Syria.

Out of all of them, Oliver is the most dangerous. I have caught him misinterpreting data on the purpose several time, because he talked about my field of study. It wasn't a mistake or different interpretation, only way he could come up with what he said is when he went with his team through the data with the premise is cutting and twisting major points of them.

What you have right now with media is what we had before the commies kicked the bucket and Iron Curtain fell down. Unreal to see it twice in my lifetime, in what we considered 'enlightened west' no less.
my boss said it well - ''I always thought we were thirty years behind the West, turns out we are thirty years ahead of it.''

It will stop if you fire Trump.

It's hard not to comment if the leader of your country is a proven retard.

First post best post. Also, OP probably just turned 16 this week.

>vote for racist, fascist rapist
>Ha ha, this will show those smug liberals!
>six months later
>REEEEEE STOP CRITICIZING ME!

Really galvanizes the old geode.

So under Pence the media will behave itself. That's your hypothesis.

>behave

Spoken like a true fascist.

Their format lends itself to it. I'm not trying to imply it's new.

It's just so embarrassing. All the fucking lame ass trump jokes. IT must be nice having a white president again if you're a comedy writer.

>He's literally Hitler and is tearing the country apart
>He's lazy cheeto monster and hasn't done anything

This.

John Oliver is very dangerous and is essentially ruining arguememts and destroying the way you engage in political discussions.

Pic related.

Behave yourself user.

The Burlington bar audience is the same as the John Oliver audience, the bar is near the studio. Remember Trump = Lannister (bad guy) Clinton = Daenerys (good guy).

Dont worry, if you ignore them they will go away.

I can only image how pissed people who lived through this shit already in a minor way in the 70s and 80s feel like as they watch history repeat itself but even worse then before.

My parents said that saw Regan atrack3d by the media but they took it to new heights with Trump. Half the complaints are blantant nitpicking bullshit and said that it will just encourage someone even more extreme than him.

I have been meeting more centrists who are getting sick of this shit the same as me. They just want politics out of every aspect of their life.

>actually believing buzzwords and lies from our propoganda machine known as the media.

Please go back to r/politics, you belong their you Faggot

if you think it would be different with any other candidate, then you are completely insane. Although it would be amusing to see how long it would take for Sanders to suck corporations cock so hard that even BLACKED site owners would be impressed.
You think they wouldn't paint him as a nazi or racist or sexist or misogynist? A old white guy who wrote rape stories for living, no less?

The journalist rat cries out as he defames you.

Sanders would be shit on but not to the extent of how they are treating Trump. Hillary would be treated exactly like Obama even though only the elites would like her.

I get the feeling Hillary would have slowly lost favor with the media over time. It's already happened to Trudeau at almost record pace. The media wants people to be mad, makes for better ratings than when the audience is content.

>ITT how many ShareBlue talking points can you fit in one run-on sentence

These elite faggots are so out of touch, there is no good or bad in politics it's all bad and corrupted and that's why I hate seeing it shoved down everyone's throat like they . I have had hardcore liberals come up to me and say they want trump to do well because the media is so out of control. This includes shows, someone told me they hated trump but now have sympathy for him since they make him out to be like a comic book super villain.

They ruined late night shows and people actually take Samantha B, Colbert and Oliver seriously. I just want the witty Irish Fuck who was actually funny and didn't condense his whole show to politics. I miss old Conan and Jay Leno. Late night shows are dead.

/thread

>feel like as they watch history repeat itself

I was talking with my coleague - 68 years old guy, very simple, like fishing and nothing else, don't care about politics, doesn't know much about the US and nothing about their politics - and i was talking about Missouri university protests, just as a small talk and I asked him 'Do you know what the protestors were chanting? We have nothing to lose'' and my colleague without hesitation and without a split second pause finished the sentence - ''but our chains'' It had to be over three decades he heard this chant last time, and it immediately sprung up in his head. It chilled me to the bone.

You have no idea in how much trouble you are. If anything, the so called 'reactionaries' are severely understating the situation.

This thread is proof that reddit won and all we can do is ignore all this shot and wait it out

You know it's bad when you're getting failed British comics to host your talk shows. I'm not a die hard Trumper but him getting elected has certainly shined a light on the poison that is modern day politics and media.

We're gonna have to deal with ANOTHER set of hippies? Shit.

I'm a white male so I literally don't care.

They are doing a great job making both liberals mad by overexagerating anything trump does or demonizing it and then it also simultaneously pushes trump supports away. Its a mess and it just alienates people in all side. The exception I saw was when Dave Chappell came on SNL as a guest and made slots making fun of both republicans and democrats that were hilarious. One of the few times all my friends with different political opinions could laugh At a politics parody. It brought my co-workers to get her and was a return to form for SNL. Too bad they ditched that format and went straight back to using the same Goddamn Trump jokes they were doing before.